A Waterbending Quirk

Galing kay dragonfire-217

A waterbender in a strange land. Katara had heard that statement before, but nothing could prepare her for wh... Higit pa

Spirits and Fish?
A Helping Hand
The Iida Household
First Nights are Always the Worst
Starting Line
To do the Right Thing
The Exam
Eyes Watching Her
Right to it
Challenger
Time to Suit Up
A Frog and a Shadow
Between Us
Getting Votes
The USJ
The Nomu
What a Day
Upcoming Challenge
The Hangout Spot
The Sports Festival Begins
Revealed Tension
The Promise
Speed vs Water
Helpless
The Second Round
Showdown: Katara vs Todoroki
Festival Finale
Damaged
A Name for Yourself
Skeletons in the Closet
Internships Start
Burnin
Diverging Paths
Warrior of Blood: Stain
Aftermath of the Killer
Delivery
End of Internships
Back to school
Just some Friendly Competition
New and Old Feelings
Revealed Emotions
Looking at your own Feelings
The Growing Threat
Camp Training Begins
Training Sucks
Assault in the Forest
Dabi
The Next Step
The Power Within
A Shift in Dynamics
Welcome to the Dorms
Revelations
Moving Forward
License Challenges
Class Challenges
A whale of a Fight
Secrets
Offers
The Hunters
Twenty Minutes
Deal Gone Wrong
Growing Stronger
What a Hero Would Do
Confrontation
Was it Worth it?
Date Night
Internal Spirits
Street Chase
Pursuing the Hunters
The Long Rivalry: Katara vs Bakugo
Assault on the Hunters
The Spider's Web
Fire and Fists
fan questions: Bonus chapter
The Next Generation of Heroes
Awakening
Flames of Hatred: Katara Vs Dabi
The Raptor vs The Rabbit
Leader of the Hunters, Itkomi
Ryujin
Blood
Broken
What Comes Next
A Breath of Fresh Air
The Todoroki Secret
Internal Conflict
The Secret's Out
Choosing a Side
The Choice you made
Welcome to UA
A Quick Switch Up
A Dance from the Past
An end to the Festival
Family Darkness
Endeavor; Rising
A New Look for You
Wrath of the Rabbit
The Pairs VS the Rabbit
Katara and Izuku vs Mirko
A Gift to Remember

The Calm Before the Storm

5.2K 205 77
Galing kay dragonfire-217

Notes: Oh! here only two weeks after? small improvement! while i do try, weekly updates may not be happening often anymore. with life happening like remodeling my home, planning a wedding and other things... yeah... priorities.

But this story is far from dead! no way am i giving up on this! now, hope you all enjoy!

The six class A teens sat in silent surprise from the sudden statement from the B leader. Judging from the stern gaze she held, they could tell Kendo wasn't joking about this either.

"Wait, I think I heard something crazy..." Kirishima shook his head in amazement. "What do you mean you're coming?"

Kendo rolled her eyes and step closer. "There's nothing crazy about it. I'm coming with you."

"Kendo, I appreciate the offer, but we can't ask you to do this." Tenya told her. "We will be breaking so many rules from UA, and it would be unfair for us to put that on you."

"And why is that? Because I'm from a different class?" Kendo frowned at his reasoning. "We were all there at camp, and we all dealt with those villains. Just because none of my friends were taken doesn't mean we didn't suffer. And if they were, I would be doing exactly what you're doing now. Besides..." She looked over to Katara and Momo and smiled. "I still have to pay you back for saving me back there."

Katara's mouth opened wanting to tell her no, but she knew she had no right telling her it was too dangerous. Besides, if one of Kendo's classmates were taken instead, Katara knew she would have offered to go as well to help her. And it wasn't just her thinking that as well.

"She's right..." Izuku quietly responded. "... If we are doing this, then it means she has every right to take the risk with us."

Grinning internally to his words, Kendo looked around to the others. "So, any other objections?"

After a few moments of silence, Katara saw no one else was speaking against her involvement, with Shoto giving a nod in agreement as well. Smiling, she turned back to the red head and crossed her arms. "Looks to me like we got our team now."

Grinning in excitement, Kirishima clenched his fist and looked up to the sky. "Don't you worry Bakugo. We'll be there soon."

________________________________________________________

Sitting at his usual seat along the bar, Shigaraki sighed in annoyance as he grabbed his drink once more for another sip. Turning back around, he peered to the other patrons sitting in the room quietly. "He still hasn't come back, has he?" he grunted out.

Compress gave a small shake of his head. "No he hasn't."

"From what it sounds, he almost cost the mission we are trying to accomplish. So irresponsible." Spinner spat out.

"Oh, he was just having some fun." Toga giggled out. "I was hoping to stay a little longer myself."

All of them jumped slightly to the large fist suddenly slamming down and cracking the floor behind them. Muscular growled out as he sat on the ground, his body shaking with adrenaline. His face was wrapped in thick gauges and his left arm hung in a sling. Despite the pain, his anger was overriding that and had left the man in a furious rage since he woke up the day before. A rage... and yet he couldn't stop from grinning in excitement to actually being defeated

"That little bastard. I'm going to kill that kid next time I see him!"

"Hahaha! You talk a lot for one who was knocked out! You were all beat up!"Toga laughed at his expense, the furious man glaring over at her.

"You shut your damn mouth, you hear me? I'll kill you too!"

"All of you shut it..." Tomura grumbled as he got up from his seat and turned to the side of the room. "You are disturbing our guests."

Sitting against the wall was Bakugo, the glaring teen locked up by steel braces strapped to his hands. Next to him was Tokoyami, where his hands were handcuffed to his chair along with several spotlights aimed directly towards him. He knew the moment he tried to bring his quirk out, they would activate, leaving his power near useless. He glanced over to Bakugo besides himself, neither of them barely saying a word since they were brought here, something Tomura was quite surprised by from the loud mouthed explosion user.

"You two should be thankful we got you away from those horrible things the school was teaching you." Tomura commented, causing Tokoyami to glare his way.

"Thankful? After you tried to kill me at the school and then forest with my friend?" he growled out in anger.

"Oh, don't be so harsh. I wanted All Might and you kids got in the way. But I can see now you didn't belong there in the first place with those wondrous abilities you have."

"You think flattery is what I want to hear from someone like you?"

Is it wrong to speak the truth? In this world where they control who can use their quirks and who can't, is it bad I am trying to rid this world of the sickness over everyone?"

"All these heroes who do this for money and fame. The moment a person takes money for their deeds, they have lost all credibility to that title." Spinner added from the side, earning a grunt from Bakugo, but he still kept his mouth closed.

Tokoyami glanced over curiously at the teen next to him, confused why of all times Bakugo was being quiet now. Turning back forward, he huffed out and adjusted in his seat. "You can say all you want, it won't change my mind on turning against my friends."

Spinner snickered and leaned back against the wall. "Friends? I hate to tell you the truth, but those kids are only friendly now while in school. Once they are older, they all turn on those different. We are here to change all of that."

Tokoyami felt his stomach clench at the words he heard, breathing in hard as he stared at the green skinned lizard man. He deep in his heart knew people treated others differently just by how people looked. Even heroes were given titles as "Most villainous looking" despite the fact what they did for everyone else. Immediately Tomura snickered internally seeing the look on the teens face, seeing he was peronally affected by that. Turning around, he walked back towards his seat and grabbed his drink once more. "Don't worry about us. We have no intention of harming either of you. We just need you to finally open your eyes to the truth."

Glancing around the room once more, Tomura glared seeing his so called vanguard leader still out, touching his glass with all five fingers and letting it disintegrate onto the counter top. "Once he finally returns and learns his place, we can all go over the next step in our plan." he said to the others sitting behind himself.

Kurogiri wiped the counter clean as he nodded to the man in front of him. "He will be back soon, sir. While he may have acted on his own, he seemed very dedicated to the goal we want to accomplish."

While the villains began chatting quietly on the side, Tokoyami squeezed his fists in frustration, the words of Spinner sinking into his head. He truly didn't want to believe what he was told, how his friends would turn their backs on him someday. But... memories of his middle school crawled back up, clenching his teeth in anger and trying to push those thoughts away.

"Hey, feathers..."

The sudden voice to his side caused Tokoyami to jump in surprise, looking over to Bakugo who still sat staring at the villains across the room before giving a quick glance towards the shadow user. "Don't let that bastard get your head all screwed up. The moment I can, I'm blowing that guys head off and getting out of here."

Tokoyami's mouth fell open in surprise from the quiet tone Bakugo spoke in, obviously keeping it low enough the villains couldn't hear. But staying calm was the last thing he expected from his classmate, having been sitting like this for most of the time so far here. Taking a deep breath himself, he looked down to the ground before closing his eyes, thinking back to all the times he spent with his friends at UA. He felt more relaxed here than he had in a long time before that, able to be himself and not treated differently by them. He thought of Midoriya, Katara, Mina, all the others he had grown close to. He then thought of Tsu, the latest of his friends to not judge him despite his dark quirk.

He couldn't help but feel more calm, believing now more than ever once he got out of here, they would be there for him.

Bakugo himself was another story. He wanted more than anything to break out of here, to sent off a blast and rock that annoying hand guy, but he knew he was in over his head if he tried to break out now and fight. Instead, Edgeshot's words kept ringing in his head from one of the times he was training him, the ninja hero having him restrained against the wall.

"There are times when someone may be captured, and while they may want to break out if they can, it will only put them in a worse situation. If you act when they are ready or you can't guarantee yourself the best outcome, you may end up putting yourself and others in more danger. Sometimes you will have to wait until your captor drops their guard for the moment to strike. When that time comes, hit them with whatever you can."

Hissing internally at having to sit quietly, Bakugo slowly rubbed his hands back and forth as much as he could inside the tight gauntlets encasing his hands, the friction warming his hands up and making them sweat. When he could, he was going to be ready to blow these guys away.

_______________________________________________________

Slowly walking down the side alley, Dabi grumbled as he brought the bottle of whiskey he was carrying up and took a large swig of it. Wiping his chin dry, he glared to himself as he slowly made his way back towards the leagues hideout. After the assault on the forest, Compress went and explained to Shigaraki what had happened in the end of their mission, the disintegrating man not happy for going off mission. After he and a few others tried saying crap to him about what went down, he was frustrated enough already and didn't want to hear anymore and left that shit hole, not caring about them yelling after him.

Taking one last gulp, he grunted and threw the bottle aside shattering it against the wall. He didn't care about their anger for disobeying Tomura's plan. He was working with him, not for him. They completed their goal, but what frustrated Dabi was his own goal he wanted.

"I was so close..." He hissed to himself, thinking back to holding that girl in his hand before that speedster kid came out of nowhere. He was so close to taking her as well, to add her to the collection of targets not to convert her, no. To make her suffer.

He wanted Endeavor to suffer, so taking both the intern he chose and his prized son would have been a perfect start. But low and behold, he learned something even more valuable, that young Shoto had ended up falling for that very girl. He couldn't believe his luck, to now take something from Shoto so precious to make him feel helpless, and then for him to learn later what had become of his failure. He had several things he had planned, but now it was put on hold because he got careless and distracted.

"I should have just scarred her face as well right then. Make them match." Dabi snickered to himself as he came closer to the hideout, already imagining cornering the pair of them once more. As he got closer however, he suddenly felt a presence behind putting his body on alert. His hand igniting as he spun around, waiting as he heard footsteps slowly approaching from the shadows.

"I would avoid returning immediately to that place. It is under surveillance at this moment." the cold yet proper voice spoke out as it approached.

Dabi lifted his eyebrow to the warning before grunting, not even knowing who this was. "So am I supposed to say thank you?"

A small chuckle escaped the figure, stopping just as his formal shoes and pants came into the faint light from the blue flames. "Just a simple warning since the authorities are waiting to strike later. It will be much less of a hassle if one less of you are needing assistance later."

"Us?" Dabi tilted his head curiously at the tone in the mans voice, obvious he knew Shigaraki and all of the others inside the bar. For some reason, the voice was familiar as well, but still kept his blue flames active. "And why would you be so kind and offer your assistance?"

"Because Tomura is very special to me, and I would be very disappointed if something happened to him before he ever reached his potential..." the figure walked closer, now revealing more of his black suit before he came into light revealing his face... or what would have been his face.

Dabi's eyes widened when he saw the dark blue, skull shaped gas mask come into view, but the appearance wasn't what caused him to be startled. Simply the presence of this man suddenly created a heavy aura in the air, almost as if there was a weight pushing down on his back as he came closer. Suddenly, the voice came into his mind of who this was, recognizing it from the one who had been speaking through the television. "Wait... you are..." he stuttered in shock as he realized who this was before him.

The villain All for One gave a slow clap as he stopped walking, chuckling as he could sense the increased heart rate of the man before him. "It seems Tomura has been talking about you and what happened in the forest. I myself was very intrigued actually and was hoping we could talk ourselves."

__________________________________________________________

Looking out of the window, Katara stared at the many lights of the buildings as their train ran along the tracks. She turned to see the others all around as well, with Shoto sitting next to her while Tenya and Kendo sat in the seats across from them. To their right across the isle were Izuku and Momo sitting in their section facing Kirishima, all seven of them sitting silently as their nerves slowly grew. After Momo created her second remote to follow her tracker, they all made their way towards the Kamino district, already prepared to face the villains once more.

She noticed Tenya's foot tapping, obvious his worry still there from everything that had happened. When she looked up, however, she was confused to see him sitting there staring intently at Shoto. "Is something wrong?" she questioned him.

"Hmm..." Tenya frowned as he stared at the blank faced Shoto, his mind buzzing with so many questions. "With regard to everything that is going on, I am still unsure how I should proceed with this."

"Huh?" Katara tilted her head in confusion. "Proceed with what?"

Tenya crossed his arms and continued staring at the teen in front of him, exhaling loud before sitting up straight. "So tell me, Todoroki. When did this all start?"

"Did what start?"Shoto asked in confusion.

"This... This!" Tenya suddenly shouted and chopped the air erratically, causing all the others to stare at him in confusion. "This whole thing going on!"

"What thing?" Katara raised her hands, totally lost at what he was saying. "You haven't said anything!"

"Uh, am I missing something?" Kendo asked as raised her eyebrow towards the chopping teen next to her.

Katara shook her head. "I think we are all missing something here."

Puffing his cheeks out, Tenya sat back down and crossed his arms. "Perhaps is this not the best thing to discuss with others. I shall require a personal talk with Todoroki sometime in the future."

"For what?"Shoto asked totally lost, but before he could say anything, the train speakers announced they were arriving to their stop, causing all of them to take in a deep breath. "We made it."

Momo gave a small nod, looking down to the tracking screen in her hand. "The signal is definitely coming from this area. Once we move towards it, it will give us it's exact location."

"All right! Time to go and kick some ass!" Kirishima screamed out jumped up from his seat.

"Wait, you can't just run off!" Momo frowned as the train came to a stop. "We have to be-

"I'm coming Bakugo!" Kirishima yelled as he charged off towards the opening door.

"And there he goes..." Katara rolled her eyes at his eagerness, not changing since the beginning of school.

"Kirishima, wait!" Izuku yelled as he chased after him through the door and stopped him. "We can't just run off on our own!"

As the others all quickly came out of the train, Kirishima grunted and shook his fists. "Well now that you are all here, let's go and find those pricks!"

"That is a totally irrational plan. We are trying to avoid a direct confrontation, so running head first into them is certainly not a good idea." Tenya explained.

"Well we know they are here, and we can't just wait around forever!"

"You really are like TetsuTetsu, aren't you?" Kendo gave a deadpanned stare at the redhead, truly surprised how similar both hardening teens were in quirk and judgment.

"With the villains already knowing what we look like, we can't just walk around the city like this. We have to remember they could be on the lookout for us as well." Momo explained to him and all the others.

Katara nodded and looked around outside the train station. The brightly lit city street was lined with shops and restaurants, hundreds of people walking up and down the sidewalks. The problem was with so many people, that meant it would be hard to see the villains if they were hiding behind the crowds. "She's right. We have to be able to go through here without drawing too much attention to ourselves."

Izuku gave a determined look and crossed his arms in front of himself. "I see. Stealth approach!"

While Momo chuckled at his antics, Shoto stared at him thinking he was being literal. "That makes you stand out more."

Kirishima sighed and rubbed his head. "Then what do we do? It's not like we can hide ourselves with our quirks."

A light cough from Momo caught all their attentions, turning to see the creationist with a slight blush as she pointed to the discount clothing store behind herself. "I believe this place will have adequate disguises for us."

__________________________________________________________

"I mean... I guess this works." Katara gave a small shrug as she looked at herself in the mirror in her changing room. Since they didn't want to appear as students, they went through the store and grabbed whatever pieces of clothing she could find to alter her look. She had chosen to go with some green and blue patterned pants and a black crop top. She slipped on a black baseball cap and slipped her newly made ponytail through the back before. glancing at herself one more time. She actually blushed at herself looking like this, kind of surprised how well it looked on her.

"Hopefully they assume we aren't kids walking alone at night." She said to herself as she opened her changing room door to-

"Oh... My..." She felt her mouth fall open in both shock and amusement when she saw the others.

Izuku had chosen to wear a sloppy looking purple suit and even stuck on a fake goatee on his chin as he tried posing like some street thug. Kirishima was wearing a red jogging jacket with his hair slicked down and was wearing what looked like long white ears. Momo had on a thick pink dress with large glasses on her face, and somehow had made her spiked ponytail very wavy now. Tenya had his hair slicked back and was wearing a fancy shirt with suspenders, but Katara burst out laughing at his thin fake mustache he had on.

"Oh, you are really going to keep that on?" Katara got out between her giggles making Tenya go red before huffing out.

"I am to appear older than I am, therefore the mustache is very necessary!" He argued as he adjusted the bow tie on his neck.

Taking a deep breath, Katara got her laughter out before nodding at him. "Okay okay, you're right." She turned to see Shoto come out of his booth next, and while at first taken aback by the clean and fitted slacks and vest he was wearing... almost burst into laughter again when she saw the black wig he attempted to wear, not even fitting properly on the top of his head. "Did... you find what you were looking for?" She got out before covering her mouth.

Shoto frowned at her reaction before trying to cover the exposed parts of his natural hair. "My hair stands out the most. It's important I hide that at least."

Katara couldn't really argue much with his logic since his dual colored hair certainly stood out, she smiled and patted his shoulder. "It's fine. I mean... maybe it means most people won't recognize us from school either."

"I hope so..." Kendo said as she came out last, wearing a black skirt below a tan long sleeve shirt. She had her red hair bundled up and hidden underneath a wide brimmed burgundy hat. "Gonna be kinda freaked out if we get caught by the school."

"You knew what we were doing could get us in trouble." Katara retorted, earning a grunt from the class B rep.

"I know, but still doesn't mean I want to be caught."

"As long as we can do this quietly, we can find Bakugo and be back before the teachers know where we went." Momo commented as she walked by them, motioning that everyone was ready now. "Let's head back out now. With these disguises we should be inconspicuous to the villains. Now let's keep a low profile."

__________________________________________________________

"HEY WATCH IT, PUNK!"

"That is not keeping it low!" Kendo snapped out at Izuku's attempted street talk, making him blush in embarrassment as they walked down the road.

"I-I was just acting like someone tough!" he stuttered out, "I f-figured it would make me look older."

"It is quite out of character for you!" Tenya commented.

"You gotta throw your chin out more!" Kirishima offered.

"How about just keep hidden." Katara shrugged.

"Agreed." Shoto added.

"But..." Izuku sweated and looked over to Momo with a small smile. "Y-you thought it was good, right?"

Her flustered face told him otherwise, seeing the blush on her face as she looked away. "I... um... yeah..." she forced out, making his heart crumble in defeat.

Rolling her eyes, Katara turned over to Momo on the side. "Thanks for buying this stuff by the way."

"Of course, if it's important for our safety, money is of no concern for us!" Momo proudly announced, while Shoto raised his eyebrow at the creationist.

"Couldn't you have saved money and used your quirk to create these disguises?" he asked, causing Momo to turn red and clutch her hands together.

"Th-that's against the rules! It would affect the economy if everything was suddenly created and not purchased! As good citizens, we should contribute to merchandise and spread funds to these businesses!"

"You just wanted to go shopping, didn't you?" Kirishima gave a blank stare at the rich teen.

Kendo huffed out and adjusted her hat. "As long as this stuff works, that's all that matters. We can..." Her words trailed off as her eyes caught sight of one of the large screens on the nearby buildings, her mouth dropping in shock when she saw who was on it. "V-Vlad sensei?!"

The others froze at her gasp, turning and looking up to see not only the class B teacher on screen, but also their own and the principle. All of them were frozen in disbelief when they saw the three faculty members there, all dressed formally in front of a large crowd of reporters.

"What... what is that?" Kirishima muttered out as the entire street seemed to stop and watch the same thing as well.

"Thank you all for coming to this conference we requested..." Principle Nezu stated into the mic. "I know there has been so much confusion going on lately with everything, and I apologize for taking so long to get to you all. We had to ensure the safety of our students as the top priority before we could explain all of this to you."

"Excuse me, sir..." One of the reporters suddenly yelled out from the side, "This is now the fourth incident where villains have come into contact with students at your school this year. Are you really trying to sit there and justify your methods of running UA safe? Now we have many students gravely injured. How do you expect parents to be comfortable with this?"

"How can you claim safety when two students go missing? What do you have to say for their safety?!" Another shouted out.

Several more reporters began bombarding the teachers with questions similar to the one asked first before the press conference erupted in people clamoring for their moment to ask, leaving the UA students in the streets both confused and frustrated.

"They... they're blaming the teachers for what has happened." Tenya uttered out.

"How can they blame them? It wasn't their fault!" Kendo clenched her fists in anger as she watched their teachers sit there.

"This is ridiculous! Why aren't they mad at the villains instead?" Kirishima growled out.

Glaring, Katara turned and walked away from the screen, not wanting to hear any more of news accusing those of something they weren't responsible for... something she had grown tired of. "Let's get out of here."

Izuku stared at the screen for a few more seconds, watching Nezu calm the crowd as he began answering some of the questions. While he wanted to hear what the teachers would say, he knew they couldn't wait anymore, clenching his fists and walking down the road after the others. "We will be there soon, guys. Just wait for us."

________________________________________________________________

"I can assure all of you we have gone through the most secure safety measures to make sure this does not occur again," Nezu stated as he clasped his paws together. "These recent events have been things we have never experienced before and I have with the utmost certainty used all of my power to make sure this will not happen again."

"But sir, with so many attacks, how can you comfortably sit there and confirm this won't happen?" another reporter asked.

Aizawa leaned forward and grabbed hold of his mic to answer. "If I may, the principle here is not one you should be questioning. My students were the ones taken, so I can confirm to you everything we can be doing is being done to bring them to safety."

"Speaking of your students, Mr. Aizawa," a gray haired reporter stood up from the center of the crowd with his mic, "Your student, Katsuki Bakugo, one of the students taken by the league of villains. Looking back to the sports festival, it was quite clear he was the most aggressive and violent student there, refusing to hold back against his fellow classmates and even willing to attack after the match was over. That was shown across the nation, meaning the villains obviously saw that as well. Your other student, Fumikage Tokoyami, was also taken. Our records show there was an incident where he injured several other kids a few years ago with his quirk. Don't you think these villains are trying to convert these kids to join there ranks?"

As the room fell silent to his question, Aizawa slowly stood up from his seat, struggling to keep his clenched fist from shaking. Vlad noticed his frustration as well, disgusted by the baited comment the reporter was using. But Aizawa kept his cool and gave a bow to the crowd. "As his teacher, I take responsibility for Bakugo's behavior. He is one of the most stubborn students I have ever had, but that in fact is his strength. He is more determined than anyone to become a great hero, striving with everything he can to overcome the obstacles and become a pro. And Tokoyami has proven his commitment to being a hero, risking his life and in fact helping to rescue me during the first villain attack on our school."

The reporter gave a small grunt to the response he received, adjusting his mic and pulling out his notepad. "And what of your other student? Miss Kairi Katara had quite the questionable history with her involvement in Hosu last year."

Many of the other reporters murmured to themselves at the statement, knowing she was also one of the critically injured students of the attack. Aizawa's eyes widened in anger to the question, fighting back the glare that formed as he looked up to the smug look on the reporter. "And what are you trying to convey?"

"Even with her strange involvement with the number two hero Endeavor, she was enrolled to this school and it just so happens the villains begin attacking your campus. She has also been at the location of every one of the altercations with villains thus far. Can you say with all confidence that she is a trustworthy kid to keep at your school for the safety of your other students, and not someone working with the league?"

Nezu was one who usually kept his composure at the worst of times, and even he was having trouble keeping his face calm to the accusations being thrown. Even most of the other reporters were murmuring in disapproval to the comments as being too far. The furry principle glanced out of the corner of his eye to Aizawa, watching in worry as the anger was building in the teacher. He was worried this was his snapping point as Aizawa looked directly at the reporter, letting his hands fall open and fall to his side.

"Katara was a confused child overwhelmed with the society of Tokyo when she first arrived here from her small hometown, and panicked when she accidentally wandered into traffic. After everything was cleared up, she has been living a peaceful life here and has proven time and time again she is willing to do anything to protect others. She was injured protecting her friends with Tokoyami during the first attack, including helping save my own life. But perhaps you may be right; she could be lying this whole time and secretly working with the villains. Perhaps letting herself get injured is all an act and she is simply playing the part."

The reporter's smug look fell as he listened to the teacher speak, feeling the calm yet cold stare of Aizawa as the eraser hero stood up straight without breaking eye contact.

"Perhaps I can let you come and ask her yourself what is going on so you can hear her answer. After she awakens from her coma, I think she would be happy to answer your questions."

A strong silence hung over the room from the tense few minutes from the two exchanging words, no one even able to breathe without breaking how quiet it was. Both Nezu and Vlad were surprised by the strong response, especially since they already knew Katara had woken up. But they could tell it made the point, since the only thing that was heard was the loud swallow from the gray haired reporter, the elderly man feeling sweat fall down his forehead from all the eyes staring at him. He now was regretting asking that question specifically, feeling like a fool about saying that about a comatose student.

Seeing he made his case, Aizawa sat back in his chair and pulled the mic closer. "Do you have any other questions?"

_______________________________________________________________

Staring up at the press conference on screen, All Might grunted as he stood there in his hero state watching Aizawa take in the questions. "Keep strong, friend. You will be the perfect distraction." He said to himself as the others mobilized behind him. After making has way to Kamino, he had entered the large lobby as dozens of police were gearing up and readying themselves for the assault. He watched as many other pro heroes had already gathered, including Tiger, Gran Torino, Best Jeanist, Gang Orca, and even Endeavor with the two rookies Kamui Woods and Mt Lady. While the number two hero continuously scowled at having to do a joint operation with the number one hero, he wasn't going to pass on an opportunity to capture the league.

"Other than Myself, we have three top ten pros joining this, along with one more on his way." He whispered out before seeing the entry door pushed open, his large smile growing even bigger as he locked eyes with the ninja hero walking inside. "Edgeshot! Perfect you were able to be joining us."

Nodding, the smaller pro walked up and shook hands with All Might. "Of course. I could not sit by as something like this happened."

"I appreciate it. I understand that Bakugo was one of the students you trained."

Sighing, Edgeshot gave another nod. "Yes. Both he and Yaoyorozu studied under me. I heard she was injured as wellin the attack."

"Yes. She is doing fine, fortunately. Now let's make sure your other intern is brought home safe. Who knows what these villains are planning for him."

A small chuckle escaped the ninja's mouth thinking of the loud mouthed teen. "Oh I'm not concerned with him joining the villains. He is far too headstrong for that. What I am worried is what they will do with him saying no."

Nodding in agreement, All Might stood straight and turned to the others. "Then let's do this. Now that you are here, everyone is ready."

Seeing the final pro had arrived, detective Naomasa Tsukauchi nodded to the others behind him and walked forward. "Alright, listen up! We only have a few minutes before he head out, so let's go over the plan once more. With the press conference going on live, the league of villains will not suspect we will be attacking them simultaneously since they are acting like they are not informed of their whereabouts."

Crossing his arms, the elderly Gran Torino grunted and watched the teachers answering more questions. "And you are certain these two locations are our targets?" he asked, earning a quick nod from the lead detective.

"Yes. Along the tracker we All Might and myself received yesterday from Miss Yaoyorozu, we were also tipped off by someone who saw a figure matching the villain Dabi. He was seen leaving an abandoned bar here in Kamino sometime after the attack. While he himself hasn't returned yet, our infrared sensors detect multiple targets inside who have not left the premises. We most likely believe this is the location where Bakugo and Tokoyami are being held. The rescue teams will be split into two; All Might will lead Endeavor, Edgeshot, Kamui Woods and Gran Torino to the bar to free the captured students. The rest of you will follow Best jeanist to the warehouse and deal with whoever is there."

Scowling at having to follow All Might, Endeavor hissed under his breath and turned away pouting while everyone else nodded in agreement. Both Gran Torino and All Might gave a quick glance at one another, realizing what could be in store for them if there prediction was correct to who was behind everything before turning back to his good friend Naomasa. The detective, one of the other few people who knew All Mights secret as well, took a deep breath as he saw everyone was ready now.

"Alright. Let's do this!"

_____________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, across the city, Dabi slowly walked through the large warehouse he found himself brought to, looking around in surprise to the dozens upon dozens of glass tanks lining the room. The green liquid in all of the containment pods housed more of the creatures he had seen before, unable to take his eyes off of the grotesque beasts hovering lifelessly in the water until activated.

"So... you have this many nomus waiting to be used." he said out loud, turning to the man who had brought him here.

"Of course. It is never wise to attack when you only have one soldier. Waiting until your forces are stronger is always the most logical answer." All for One answered as he walked towards another row of tanks. "That is something Tomura is slowly beginning to learn."

Slipping his hands in his pockets, Dabi took several steps after the tall figure before stopping. "You knew that place was being watched and you haven't warned them yet? I thought he was special to you."

"Oh he is. But if I warn Tomura and help him escape, it would only put the heroes on high alert and the entire country would rise up at once. Why allow your opponent to gather all of their forces instead of letting them believe they have the element of surprise?" the eyeless mask of the figure turned and looked to Dabi behind him. "An unexpected counter to a sneak attack will always catch your opponent off guard."

"So you are letting the heroes think they have the upper hand in surprise?" Dabi sat surprised to the plan before furrowing his brow. "But why warn me?"

"Tomura has been talking quite a lot about you lately. I heard he let you lead the attack on the school in the mountains the other day." the masked man turned around fully and walked towards Dabi. "And he told me you disobeyed him to enact your own plan."

A cold shiver ran down Dabi's spine as All for One approached, his hands warming as his quirk readied itself. He could only imagining Shigaraki whining about not listening to him, but he wasn't sure how his master took it. "Is that why you brought me here? To teach me a lesson in following instructions?"

A loud chuckle escaped through the mask, All for One raising his hand up in a friendly gesture. "Of course not. His mission was completed nonetheless, and the country is losing its trust in the heroes already. I am actually impressed with you, however, willing to give your own orders to enact whatever you were trying to achieve. And you chose quite the target for your goal."

Now Dabi was surprised to what was happening. He was expecting to be chastised for what happened, but was now being... praised? Giving a small grunt, he looked away and rubbed his head. "I have my own reasons for going after her and Endeavor's kid. As long as I can do that, I will go along with your guys plan."

"Oh, of course. But from what I can tell... you wanted her to suffer, correct?" All for One questioned. "Perhaps I can help you with that."

Now Dabi tilted his head in confusion, surprised by the sudden offer. "Now why would you want to do that?"

Walking over to an operating table, All for One chuckled as he stood above the still form of the pussycat member Ragdoll, the woman's eyes locked open in an almost vegetative state. "I have taken so many quirks over the years I have forgotten how many have I have actually experienced. But no matter how many I have, whenever I see one so intriguing, I just can't help myself from taking it as well. This woman's ability to sense others nearby and see their weaknesses, it's such a wondrous power. And that girl you are after..."

All for One stood back and turned to the flame user. "That girl was quite surprising when I saw her compete. To be able to control water to that extent and wield it like that is impressive already, but to be able to heal as well? That is is quite unique."

"So that is what you want, is it?" Dabi gave a small scoff in amusement. "You want to strip her of her power to keep for yourself?"

"You can call me a collector if you prefer, but yes. I just love to experiment with unique and wondrous abilities for as long as I can." All for one looked over to the left and eyed the chain saw nomu that had returned from the forest. He was certainly surprised to have learned the water wielding student was the one who had injured it, but it was more than that. The laboratory sensors were tracking the nomu's vitals while it was in the field, and something strange happened to his body even the villain mastermind never expected. Something had taken hold of the muscular control and blood flow of the creature on a cellular level, during the exact time when it was facing off with the young teen in the woods.

'With an ability like that, who knows what could be accomplished if fully utilized by those with the will to wield it.' All for One laughed internally before walking towards the shadows of the warehouse. "If you bring me that girl, all will be forgiven between you and Tomura. Once I take that power from her, you can do whatever you want with her. I will have no use of her after that."

While he was truly surprised with the offer, Dabi couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement filling his chest once again. While it was different than his original plan, this could end up being even better; to get this girl to such a helpless state, and for Shoto to be helpless to do anything about it, it would all lead to the same end goal he was aiming for. A large grin formed on his face as he walked after the retreating man. "I think I can work with that." he responded.

All for One gave a nod in return. "Good. Then we shall wait here now."

"Huh?" Dabi asked confused. "For what?"

"Why for the show, of course," All for One reached into his pocket and grabbed the small item he had discovered inside of the nomu, pulling it out and revealing the small tracking beacon still blinking. "Because our guests are very close to arriving. It would be a shame if we weren't ready for them."

Dabi stared in shock at the small beacon in the leaders hand, realizing everything happening was all to his knowledge. How everything seemingly had an answer to, and he was perfectly calm the entire time. Now he understood why this man was the brains to this organization, controlling the unstable Shigaraki like a puppet as he ruled from the shadows. He truly was the mastermind to the league of Villains. He couldn't help but grin in enthusiasm as he followed All for One into the shadows, awaiting the battle that was to come.

Notes: Hmmm... Dabi not only not at the bar during the attack, but is getting closer with All for One? hmmmm! what will happen?!

Was hoping to get further than this, but some things came up so this is what you get! hoping for a big one next chapter! ch. 50! can't wait to do that one. thank you for the love and please leave your reviews!

Till next time!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

87.2K 2.4K 23
Kya, Sokka's twin and Katara's older sister sets off on a journey through the Earth Kingdom with Zuko and Iroh in hopes of being able to spark a chan...
1.5K 68 10
you believe me like a god, i'll betray you like a man IN WHICH - gaia odayaka is hopeless, and prince zuko is an a...
27.9K 911 36
𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙙𝙤𝙢 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙣...
833 32 4
After being gone for over a hundred years. The world fell without the avatar there to keep balance. The Fire Nation had grown stronger in power, and...