𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞...

By ScribblingQuills

☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ (Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) ❝ 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 �... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Sirius Black?
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Tea With Buckbeak
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Boggarts & Butterbeers
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ First Outburst
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Fall & The Map
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Just Play Along
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ In The Snow
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Expecto Patronum?
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Stag & The Chaos
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Anger Issues
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Obscurus
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ It All Makes Sense
Author's Notes
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Burrow
Y4 .。.:*☆ Several Arrivals
Y4 .。.:*☆ Better Than A Veela
Y4 .。.:*☆ Y/N's Confession
Y4 .。.:*☆ Beauxbatons & Durmstrang
Y4 .。.:*☆ Potter Stinks
Y4 .。.:*☆ Read The Room
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Felt Feelings
Y4 .。.:*☆ Chosen
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Woollen Hat
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Task & The Aftermath
Y4 .。.:*☆ That Rita Skeeter
Y4 .。.:*☆ Live On
Y4 .。.:*☆ Too Good At Goodbyes
Author's Notes
Y5 .。:+*✧ Living With A Marauder
Y5 .。:+*✧ Love, Isn't It?
Y5 .。:+*✧ Grim Old Place
Y5 .。:+*✧ Hogwarts Again
Y5 .。:+*✧ A Rocky Start
Y5 .。:+*✧ Scars & Secret Meetings
Y5 .。:+*✧ D.A. Fights Back
Y5 .。:+*✧ Punishments & Pebbles
Y5 .。:+*✧ I Gave You My Heart
Y5 .。:+*✧ A Victorious Valentine's
Y5 .。:+*✧ It's Just a Game
Y5 .。:+*✧ Night Changes
Y5 .。:+*✧ Escaped & Captured
Y5 .。:+*✧ The Baffling Battle
Y5 .。:+*✧ Part of a Prophecy
Author's Notes
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A New Beginning
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Your Wish Is My Command
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Birthday Surprises
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Trouble At Tryouts
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Draco & Pansy
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Hell of a Ride
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Falling Apart
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Christmas Company
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Match to Remember
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Reconciliation
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Out in the Meadow
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Unplanned Mission
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Dumbledore's Demise
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Until the World Ends
Author's Notes
Y7 .。.:*༄ Harry's Arrival
Y7 .。.:*༄ Our Last Summer
Y7 .。.:*༄ Planning & Hiding
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Capture
Y7 .。.:*༄ They Think You're Dead
Y7 .。.:*༄ Scamander on the Loose
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Doe
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Lovegood Fiasco
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Escape
Y7 .。.:*༄ Pipette Widows
Y7 .。.:*༄ A Battle Begins
Y7 .。.:*༄ Fire & Destruction
Y7 .。.:*༄ The End

Ten Years Later

95.1K 2.9K 20.8K
By ScribblingQuills

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first of September was crisp as an apple at the Potter's home in Godric's Hollow.

Y/N hurried around the kitchen, waving her wand, making plates and ingredients fly into place.

The soft morning light was shining through the blinds, directly in her face, but Y/N was too busy to bother.

Dobby had run back from the pantry for the third time that morning, packets of crackers bouncing against his purple shirt, his face beaming.

"Dobby, you'd spoil him with all those snacks," Y/N half laughed half scolded the elf.

"Sorry, Miss, Dobby is just excited for Little Master's first day!" Dobby said excitedly.

Y/N smiled, shaking her head, as four plates of breakfast gently landed on the kitchen counter.

"Does Dobby need to prepare for Lunch, Mistress Y/N?" The elf asked as he ran back to her.

"Oh, there's no need- didn't Harry tell you?" Y/N raised her eyebrows. Dobby shook his head. "We're having lunch with Reg at Grimmauld Place. You're welcome to come along,"

"Thank you, Mistress," Dobby beamed. "Dobby can help Kreacher in the kitchen, too!"

"Of course," said Y/N, smiling. "Just remember to get some rest, Dobby."

She looked at the old wooden clock on the wall. It was exactly ten o'clock in the morning.

"Harry!" She called down the hall. "Harry, don't tell me you're still struggling with that tie!"

"I'm really not!" came Harry's voice, as he shuffled into the room, his hands fumbling at the collar of his shirt.

His hair was in neat locks, as of earlier that morning, a style he put on for rare occasions only. It had frizzed up and was now pointing in every direction. Y/N suspected Harry had ruffled it out because he liked it messy.

His eyes met hers from across the room behind his new black-framed glasses. Harry came to a halt and tilted his head, frowning just slightly.

"You look beautiful in that lighting," He observed, mumbling to himself. He always beat her to it.

"You're beautiful too, Harry."

"Can I please quickly go get my camera?"

"Don't you dare," warned Y/N, though she couldn't help but blush sheepishly.

"Just one picture- please?" Harry was already framing the scene with his fingers, stepping backwards to widen the picture.

"We're already late, so absolutely n- oh, Dobby," Y/N sighed. The elf had just snapped his fingers and Harry's beloved film camera appeared around his neck.

Y/N scoffed, her arms crossed to her chest, as Harry snapped the picture, grinning. He probably had hundreds of pictures of Y/N frowning, her mouth half forming the word 'no'.

Harry smiled in satisfaction and placed his camera on the table, before gliding his way to her across the room and kissing her on the cheek innocently.

"Good morning, Master Harry!" Dobby greeted him, shaking his hand enthusiastically.

"Hey Dobby," Harry grinned. "And for the hundredth time, just call me Harry. I'm not your master, none of us are."

"Dobby knows sir," The elf chirped happily. "Dobby is a free elf. But Dobby loves serving the Potters!"

"What about you, Mrs Potter?" Harry nudged Y/N on the arm. She looked up at him warily. "What have you made for us, this morning?"

"Scrambled eggs," Y/N said proudly, examining her work. "Just how you and Teddy like it."

"Without Dobby's help this time," Dobby added. "Dobby thinks Mistress did amazing!"

"And how much did she pay you to say that, Dobby?" Harry raised his eyebrows.

Y/N looked up and narrowed her eyes at him. But before she could say anything, she was interrupted by the voice of her son.

"Y/N!" cried a tiny but strong voice, from somewhere above. "Harry! Someone? Please?"

Y/N and Harry knew the little annoying call well. They glanced at each other knowingly.

"Go help our son, I'll lay these on the table," said Harry, dashing for the plates.

Y/N huffed and scrambled her husband's no longer neat hair as she headed out of the kitchen and upstairs, entering the first room on the right of the first hallway.

Inside, she found her godson, adopted son, and the little love of her and Harry's life- Teddy Lupin Potter.

She loved and cherished him so much that it physically hurt.

Though they needed Andromeda's help for the first couple of years, the couple managed to become wonderful parents. Teddy has been something extra special fate had given to Y/N and Harry.

He was tiny and pale with a sprinkle of freckles on his cheeks and nose, his hair was the brightest shade of blue, and he was jumping on his overflowing trunk of belongings.

"Hey, you," Y/N tried not to laugh as she entered Teddy's room. Teddy merely looked up at her. "Need a little help?"

His room was the tiniest in the house, about half of Harry and Y/N's. He had insisted on it and had decorated its walls with his most prized records and posters of his favourite Quidditch team, Puddlemere United.

Of course, his actual favourite team was the Holyhead Harpies, but he didn't need a poster to indicate his love for his mother's Quidditch team.

There was a shelf at the end of the room, which was currently only half-filled with books because the other half Teddy was taking with him to Hogwarts.

"Uh- yes, I need your help. Why do you think I called for you?" grumbled Teddy, stomping on the lid of his suitcase.

"That's no way to talk to your mother, Teddy Potter," Y/N gasped dramatically, putting a hand to her chest, acting offended.

Teddy smiled at this, looking up at her through his blue fringe.

"So now you're using your mother card? You'd explode something if I ever called you mother," he said cheekily. "You said it makes you sound old."

"Right, right," Y/N rolled her eyes, steering Teddy off the lid of his trunk. "You'd break this if you keep stomping on it like that."

"Help me?" Teddy looked at her pleadingly.

"What do you have in there?" Y/N stared wide-eyed at the trunk and attempted to snap in the lock. "Teddy, I told you not to bring your record player."

"I can't just leave it here," Teddy said defensively, looking apprehensive. "I need a piece of our home with me, while I'm there."

"That's alright, I get it," Y/N smiled, attempting once more to close the trunk. "Alright, fine. I'll use magic just this once. Don't tell Harry."

"Finally!" Teddy sighed gratefully, giving Y/N a hug around her torso. "That's why you're my favourite!"

"Yes, and Dobby's your favourite when he makes you pudding, Harry's your favourite when he brings you to Quidditch matches, and Ron's your favourite when he gives you a Weasley product for free."

"Just sharing my gratitude," Teddy shrugged gleefully.

Y/N brought out her wand and waved it over Teddy's luggage, and at once, the interior space of the trunk increased, making Teddy's overflowing winter clothing fall inside the case.

"You're the best, Y/N," Teddy grinned.

"I feel severely betrayed," said Harry's voice from the doorway.

The mother and son turned at the same time to the man leaning at the bedroom's doorframe. Harry was smiling soundly at the two people he loved most in the world.

"Harry, that hair suits you," said Teddy, trying to redeem himself.

"Oh yeah? Well, this hair suits you," Harry got hold of his godson and ruffled his hair wildly, making Teddy erupt with laughter as he tried to run away.

"Alright, quit playing around, you two," said Y/N, shaking her head. "We're going to be late. I told Fleur we'd be there by ten-thirty."

"Why would Fleur be there?" Asked Teddy, ceasing his laughter suddenly. "Vicky isn't going to Hogwarts until next year, isn't she?"

"Well yes, but they just want to send you off," Y/N said with a shrug. "Plus, Victoire would get to see how everything's done on your first year at Hogwarts."

"Everyone knows how things are done in your first year," Teddy rolled his eyes. "Especially her,"

"Easy now, there's nothing wrong with a bit of extra knowledge," Harry nudged Teddy's shoulder.

"As your Aunt Mione can confirm," Y/N smiled. "Now, let's go. Packing everything with you will do you no good if you miss the train."

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

The little family bobbed across the rumbling road toward the great sooty station.

The little blue-haired boy pushed his trolley excitedly, his owl cage rattling as he went ahead of his parents.

The commuters stared curiously at Teddy, his hair bright as day, his owl screeching nonstop, as they moved towards the barrier between platforms nine and ten.

Y/N and Harry glanced at each other and smiled. It has been eleven years since they walked through that barrier.

"This is the moment, guys!" Teddy said giddily, jumping in his spot. "Ooh, I'm scared! I'm just gonna- gonna run straight into-"

"Hey, Niff," Harry said thoughtfully, turning to his wife. "Remember that time in our second year when we crashed into the very solid brick barrier?"

"My moment, Harry!" Teddy groaned.

"Don't listen to him, Teddy, he's just being a Harry," Y/N pushed past Harry and put an arm around Teddy's shoulders.

"I'm just recalling memories," said Harry, grinning at Y/N and Teddy's glares.

He clung onto the other side of Teddy's trolley, and side by side, they pushed forward, gathering speed.

As they reached the barrier, Teddy winced, but no collision came.

Instead, the family emerged onto platform nine and three-quarters, which was obscured by thick white steam from the scarlet Hogwarts Express.

Indistinct figures were swarming through the mist- students, professors, parents, siblings.

"Woah, that's awesome!" Teddy piped, his brown eyes wide with thrill and delight.

"Now, where's your Auntie Fleur..."

"We'll find them," said Harry reassuringly.

But the vapor was dense, and it was difficult to make out anybody's faces.

Standing in the familiar place, Y/N thought she heard Percy discoursing loudly on broomstick regulations, thought she heard Fred and George's fireworks going off...

"I think that's them," said Teddy suddenly.

A group of people emerged from the mist, standing alongside the very last carriage.

Their faces only came into focus when Harry, Y/N, and Teddy had drawn right up to them.

With much surprise, it wasn't just Fleur and Victoire, but also Ron, Hermione (who was holding baby Hugo), their two-year-old daughter Rose, Ginny, and Pansy.

They all looked as they did, ten years ago, though even more beautiful, glowing with the aura of parenthood and adulthood.

Victoire looked exactly like her mother- simply adorable. Though her hair was strawberry blonde and her nose and freckles were Bill's.

Both little Rose and baby Hugo had bushy red hair, a perfect mix of their parents. Rose was waving at Teddy wildly and Hugo's eyes were wide as he stared around.

"Well, hello, everyone," Y/N said cheerfully, delightedly surprised.

"Aunt Y/N!"

"Rosy!" Y/N imitated the little redhead's enthusiasm.

She crouched down and Rose Weasley dashed into her open arms, laughing giddily as Y/N picked her up and spun her around.

"What are you all doing here?" Teddy grinned around, his mouth agape.

"I was going to say," Harry laughed, looking around at their faces unbelievably.

"We're not here for you, Potter, I promise," said Pansy, smiling.

Her black hair was pulled into a high bun and she was wearing her Auror uniform, matching Ginny and Ron.

"I brought them along for Teddy's first day!" Fleur said proudly, her magnificent face almost as excited as Teddy's.

"You really didn't have to," said Teddy, sheepishly.

"Well, we're here, Teddy, don't complain," said Victoire, who Y/N always thought spoke quite maturely for her age. "It's quite fascinating, isn't it? After all those years, they still use the same transportation-"

"Yeah, yeah, thanks, Vicky," Teddy said, waving her off. "Thanks for being here, everyone."

"Now come and give your favourite Auntie a hug," Ginny held out her arms, and Teddy ran forwards to embrace her gladly.

Pansy chuckled and wrapped her arms over them both.

"Hugo's growing really fast, isn't he?" said Y/N, smiling whilst shaking Hugo's soft little hand. "He looks a lot like you, Hermione."

"So Ron says," said Hermione, "Acts nothing like me though. I don't think he knows what danger is. I mean- he is still a baby. True Gryffindor, you are, huh, Hugo?"

"Remember, Ted, if you're not in Gryffindor, Harry and Y/N won't be taking you to mine and George's joke shop anymore," said Ron, "but no pressure."

"Ron!" Hermione scolded him.

Teddy and Victoire laughed, and so did their parents.

"He doesn't mean it, Teddy," said Hermione.

"Parked all right, then?" Ron asked Harry. "I did. Hermione didn't believe I could pass a Muggle driving test. She thought I'd have to Confund the examiner."

"No, I didn't," said Hermione, "I had complete faith in you."

"As a matter of fact, I did Confund him," Ron whispered to Y/N, as together they lifted Teddy's trunk and owl onto the train.

"I'm sad to say I'm not surprised," Y/N shook her head disapprovingly, grinning.

Back on the platform, Harry was playing with Hermione and Ron's son, his voice high-pitched as he gazed down at Hugo.

Teddy and Vicky were speaking rapidly, fighting over the attention of the small audience of adults in front of them.

"It's nearly eleven, you'd better get on board," Y/N said to Teddy, as she approached them.

"Don't forget to give Neville our love," Ron told Teddy as he hugged him.

"Ron! I can't give a professor love!"

"But you know Neville-"

"Outside, yeah," Teddy rolled his eyes. "but at school, he's Professor Longbottom, isn't he? I can't walk into Herbology and give him love..."

"See you, Teddy," said Victoire, punching his shoulder. "Watch out for the thestrals."

"I thought they were invisible? You said they were invisible!"

"Oh, shush, Victoire," Fleur sent a look at her daughter. "She is lying, Teddy. The thestrals are nice."

Everyone chuckled as Teddy sighed in relief and permitted his mother to kiss him on his forehead and hug him tightly.

Y/N didn't want to let him go. He has been with her and Harry and Dobby since he was barely talking. 'Niff' was his first word, she remembered.

She missed Teddy's parents every day, and made sure he knew how much they loved him- and she had kept her promise. She was the best mother Teddy could ever ask for.

"I'm going to miss you, Teddy," said Y/N, smoothing her son's blue hair. "No lecture. Just make sure you say it back."

"I already miss you, Y/N," Teddy said sweetly. He gave Y/N a huge smile and gave his father a loving hug.

"Bye, Teddy," said Harry as his son hugged him. "Don't forget Hagrid's invited you to tea next Friday. Don't mess with Peeves. Don't duel anyone till you're learned how. And don't let the thestrals get you."

"Harry!"

Harry and Victoire roared with laughter.

The doors were slamming all along the scarlet train, and the blurred outlines of parents swarming forward for last-minute reminders.

Teddy jumped into the carriage and Fleur closed the door behind him.

Students were hanging from the windows nearest them.

A great number of faces, both on the train and off, seemed to be turned towards Harry and Y/N.

"Why are they all staring?" demanded Victoire.

"Don't let it worry you," said Ron. "It's me, I'm extremely famous."

Y/N, Hermione, Ginny, and Pansy laughed.

The train began to move, and Harry seized Y/N's hand and they walked alongside it, watching their son's thin face, already ablaze with excitement.

Harry kept smiling and waving, watching his son glide away from him.

Y/N started laughing when they started running after the train, hand in hand.

The last trace of steam evaporated in the autumn air. The train rounded a corner. Harry stopped running and Y/N felt him squeeze her hand.

"He'll be alright," she assured him.

As Harry looked at her, he brought up his hand absentmindedly and touched the lightning scar on his forehead.

"I know he will."

The scar hadn't hurt for ten years.

The Boy Who Loved was now a man full of love. The beautiful woman next to him was the evidence.

All was well.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

A/N ~ All was well. I can't believe this is over, it's been a year and a few months since the start of this fanfic.

Here are some backgrounds of some characters and what happened to them after the war:

Y/N & Harry - After years of extra studying and training, Y/N became a Chaser for the Quidditch team Holyhead Harpies. She did fall in love with the sport, after all. Harry is her number one fan and works at the Ministry, with his hobbies being Quidditch and Photography. They got married five years after the battle.

Ron & Hermione - They're married, with two kids. Hermione works at the Ministry, so hard that Y/N often joked she'd become Minister one day. Ron is an Auror and has helped George ever since Fred's death with the joke shop, which is thriving with customers.

Regulus Black - Moved back into Grimmauld Place with Kreacher, works in the muggle world full-time, and works at Hog's Head part-time. He visits the Potters frequently and is living happily, surrounded by friends.

Luna & Rolf - Got married three years after the war and traveled around the world, discovering and studying creatures together. Rolf became an Auror as he'd hoped after years of traveling and Luna is now the editor of the Quibbler instead of her father.

Ginny & Pansy - Both are happily married, after years of on-and-off dating, and are working as Aurors. Both are their nieces' and nephews' favourites.

Fleur & Bill - Fleur has a job at the Ministry of Magic, while her daughter, Victoire/Vicky, is homeschooled by Molly Weasley until she turns eleven. Bill still works in Egypt and visits his family every month.

Bamboo & Casserole - Remains beloved pets/friends of the Potters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 909 83
❈ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 ❈ 〖 Harry Potter x Fem!reader - Mas...
11K 250 25
Your a muggle born Witch who doesn't like Malfoy one bit. You hate the way he treats Harry and you would happily hex him any chance you get. Your bes...
1.6K 103 29
❝ "God, Lestrange, you're so fucking annoying, you know that?" "Oh, I'm annoying?! You make me want to pitch myself off the astronomy tower! I fuckin...
9.3K 2.8K 51
"𝑌/𝑁 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 , 𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎 𝑆ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑒𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒" 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑒...