Finding Jaime

Από GaylaBer

Pete Wentz receives a letter from an old girlfriend telling him he has a son. Jaime has grown up not knowing... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105

Chapter 23

356 7 6
Από GaylaBer

Jaime POV

It was dark for a long time. And then, it was light. I opened my eyes and saw white everywhere. 

"Is this heaven?" I asked to no one in particular.

"God, I hope not," a voice beside me said. I turned my head and saw Pete sitting there. Tears came to his eyes.

"Hey, kid." He said. "How do you feel?"

"Well, I guess if I'm not dead, then I feel pretty shitty. And if I am dead, then I feel shitty and that really sucks. Because I thought there was no pain in heaven."

Pete laughed.

"That was dark," he said.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You're in Cedars-Sinai. You've been unconscious for two days since they got you out of the canyon," he said. "You're pretty banged up, but the doctor says you're going to be okay."

"My head hurts," I said.

"I bet. You did a number on yourself," he said. "Let's see, you hit your head on a rock and got a nice concussion, broke your left leg and three ribs. You were dehydrated and sunburnt. Although that's starting to clear up. The nurses have been putting some cream on your sunburn."

"Did a truck hit me on the way down?" I groaned. Pete laughed.

"Not to my knowledge. If so then that driver could have pulled you out instead of LA Fire and Rescue,"

Just then, there was a light knock on the door.

"Come on in!" Pete said.

Meagan, Marvel, Saint and Bronx all came in.

"Look who's awake!" Meagan said, smiling. Marvel ran up to Jaime's bedside and climbed up.

"Careful Marvel," Pete said. "Jaime's still got boo boos."

"I drawed you this," she said holding out a piece of paper.

"Thanks Mar!" I said. "It looks like you and me, but what's that between us?"

"Pam cakes! Wif choko chips!" She said.

"They look almost good enough to eat," Jaime said.

"I hug Jaime?" She asked.

"Not right now, Marvel," Pete said. "Jaime has boo boos in his ribs and hugging him might hurt."

"Okay," she said, looking upset.

"Hey, Mar, you can hug my arm. My arm doesn't have boo boos," I said. She smiled and hugged my arm a little.

Bronx and Saint were sitting on the end of my bed watching.

"You know," Bronx said. "I don't think anyone's ever spoken to my mom like you did."

"She pissed?" I asked.

"Pffft.  Who cares?  It was awesome. Until you nearly died. That sucked. Glad you're back, man," he said, offering his fist for a fist bump.

"You're gonna have to come closer. It hurts to bend," I said. He moved closer and bumped my fist.

"Do you have an Xbox here?" Saint asked.

"I doubt it," I said. "But I just woke up. I haven't had a chance to take a tour."

"You do now!" He said, smiling. Meagan picked up a gift bag.

"We got it for you for your room, if you want but since you're probably here for a good few more days, we thought maybe you'd like it here."

"You got that for me?" I asked.

"Of course!" Meagan said.

"If I get an Xbox for getting lost and falling in a canyon, what does getting hit by a bus get me?" I asked.

"Don't even think about it," Pete said.

Meagan pulled a chair up to my bedside and took my hand.

"We're so sorry this happened, Jaime. Ashlee was out of line. I know she feels terrible given what happened but she should never have said what she did.  At all. Pete and I are furious with her right now. We'll get over it. We have to. For Bronx and the kids. But she should never have said what she did."

"Screw her," Bronx said. "Too bad if she feels bad. She made Jaime run off and because of that he wound up in the canyon and now in the hospital."

"Bronx!" Pete said. "She's still your mother."

"And Jaime's my brother. And I nearly lost my brother before I got a chance to get to know him. And that's because of Mom."

"An' I have a brudder!" Marvel said.

"Me too," Saint said. "A much cooler older brother." 

Bronx punched him in the shoulder.

"Ow!" Saint said, but smiled.

Bronx already considers me his brother?  Saint, too? I smiled. I have a brother. Two brothers. And a sister.

The boys wanted Pete to hook up the Xbox so we could play. I played for a little while until it gave me a headache.

"Okay guys, Jaime needs his rest," Pete said. "Mom will take you guys home. You can come back tomorrow, okay?"

They groaned.

"I seep wif Jaime," Marvel said.

"No you don't, little bug," Meagan said, picking her up off the bed. "You sleep in Marvel's bed. Jaime sleeps in Jaime's bed. We'll come back tomorrow."

"Night night Jaime," Marvel said.

"Night night, Mar. Night Bronx, night Saint, night Meagan," I said.

"Night, Jaime," she said, and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

"Jaime, wake up," I heard.

"What?" I asked.

"Dinner is here."

"You woke me up for that? I'm not hungry," I said, closing my eyes again.

"Come on, son. You need to eat. Besides, it doesn't look too bad. Mac and cheese."

"Ugh. So not in the mood," I said, putting my arm over my eyes.

"Come on. Just a few bites. Then they can take that tube out of your nose."

I felt my face and sure enough, there was a tube up my nose.

"They've been feeding you that way," Pete said.

"Alright. I'll try some,"

Pete brought the tray closer and raised the head of my bed so I was sitting more upright. He uncovered the macaroni and I looked at it.

"Who serves Mac and cheese with peas and carrots?" I asked, poking at the vegetables on the plate.

While I was eating, a doctor came in the room.

"Well, I heard you woke up. Had to see for myself," he said. "I'm Dr Axmith.  I've been hoping to meet you."

"Uh, ok. Hi," I said.

"How are you feeling?  Any headaches? Any pain?"

"My head hurts some. And I got tired playing Xbox. And my chest hurts if I move too much."

"Broken ribs will do that.," he said, pulling out a penlight.

"Follow my finger," he said, shining the light in my eyes. I did.

"Okay, good. Give me your hands," he asked.

I stuck out my hands and he had me squeeze his, and then push down on his hands. That hurt my chest.

"Can you wiggle the toes on your left foot?"

I did. It hurt a little.

"Any pain?"

"A little," I said.

"Wiggle your right toes?"

I did.

"Good. Any questions?"

"When can I go home?" I asked.

"Oh. You'll be here at least a couple more days. Your electrolytes were all over the place from being dehydrated and we want to make sure your kidney function hadn't been compromised. You haven't had much urine output."

"I haven't had to pee at all," I said.

Pete laughed.

"What?"

"You wouldn't know if you've peed. You have a catheter in. It's in your bladder so you won't feel like you have to pee."

I felt my cheeks go red. Pete laughed more.

"Don't be embarrassed , Jaime," he said.

"Well," the doctor said, "we want to see more urine output and your bloodwork to come into more normal ranges before I consider letting you go home. Plus you'll need to meet with PT to learn how to use crutches."

I looked down at my left foot, encased in plaster. With a lot of drawings on it.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

WE STAND TOGETHER Από Moxie

Περιπέτεια

61.3K 943 22
Two year old Taylor has suffered all his life.From asthma to facing abuse and beatings from his mom and step dad to living on the street, his twin si...
Rejected and Insecure Από Ijeoma Oluna Nkem

Εφηβική Φαντασία

501K 9.5K 45
Christopher Benjamin Jackson is the last son of Daniel Jackson a rich and successful business man and a strict but loving single father of five sons...
62.5K 897 40
When two co stars go from on screen romance, to rumors of off screen romance, to real life off screen romance [sebastian Stan x OC] [mostly social me...
1.1M 45.6K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...