Princess of the dawn

By Anjali9090

Teri meri, meri teri prem kahani hai mushkil. Do lafzon mein yeh bayaan na ho paye... A story of love, hatre... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The journey
Chapter 2 - Delhi
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Authors note
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Authors note
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Authors note
Chapter 68
Authors note
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Author's note
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Author's note
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76

Chapter 47

363 26 26
By Anjali9090

"Ah Adham, the little wild cat ran into my arms today! Mmh how silky her hair felt. And such soft skin...! " he enthused.

"Who?"

"The Rajput Princess!"

"And? Was she willing? "Adham laughed suggestively.

"Her nephew got in the way!"

"What, the little toad?" asked Adham in disbelief.

"She ran into my arms and I pulled her into a dark corner. For a moment I was inattentive and she could scream. Unfortunately, the annoying brat was nearby and held its blade to my neck. She escaped. What should I have done?"

"You let the annoying brat duped you!" Adham laughed uproariously.

"Shut up!" He shot an angry glance at Adham, who shortly afterwards turned into desire.
"The brief moment with her fueled me even more. I have to get her! She's mine!"

Neither of them noticed that a couple of ears had been listening intently to their conversation.

________________________________________________

Dusk was falling over Agra. The night spread over the city like soft black velvet. Countless stars twinkled in the sky. The full moon began to rise. Jalal sat on a bench in the garden, from which he had a view of the pool of water where Jodha had sat the previous night. This time she wouldn't escape him! A smile played on his lips as he thought of the afternoon. He was sure she knew he'd recognized her at archery. He didn't want to miss the opportunity and meet her.

And he didn't have to wait long! Jodha walked slowly with Moti to the water basin and the two sat down. They started to speak, but he couldn't understand what she was saying. He sank into the sight of her. Her hair was loose, her dupatta had slipped onto her shoulders.

The soft lapping of the water calmed Jodha. The experience of the afternoon went through her mind again and she was overcome with disgust.

"Moti, why are men like that?" she sighed. "Why are they allowed to do anything and we women are condemned if we just look at another man?"

"Mhh, I can't give you an answer to that. Men determine everything and about us. Will that ever change?"

"Only the deities know that! But there are also men who accept their wives and recognize them as equal partners! I hope my future husband will one day accept me for who I am and not just see me as a decorative, silent addition by his side." She looked at the moon.

"Your heart knows the way
Run in that direction"

The lines suddenly formed in her mind and at the same time her hand began to tingle and the ring became warm. The familiar soothing feeling came over her and enveloped her. At the same moment, Jalal's ring began to work its magic. He smiled! He got up and walked slowly to the basin. Jodha was astonished by the lines that had formed in her mind and the simultaneous reaction of the ring. She heard footsteps and was startled.

"Jalal!" his name escaped her lips in a whisper.

"Jodha!" Their eyes met.

Moti looked from one to the other and slowly withdrew.

Their eyes sank into one another. Jalal first awoke from the magic of the moment.

"What a wonderful night. May we sit down with you Rajkumari?"

"Please! It is your garden!" she said, embarrassed, lowering her eyes. She quickly pulled the dupatta over her head.

He sat down next to her at the edge of the pool.

"What a beautiful flower is blooming in our garden again tonight!" he said admiringly.

Jodha blushed and turned her head to one side, embarrassed.

"Has the ring just made itself felt?" he asked softly.

"Yes!" She couldn't look at him. "With you too?" she whispered.

"I've been waiting for you here. Yesterday you got away after the ring had woven its magic!" He smiled. Her cheeks turned dark red.

"You recognized me this afternoon!" she changed the subject.

"Ji! Your eyes gave you away!" She turned around and finally he could look into her beautiful hazel eyes.

"I was finally able to admire your archery skills! Subhan Allah! Not many can do that! Your nephew is also an excellent master of the bow! One day he will become a great warrior. How old is he?"

"Maan Singh is ten years old. He is a good student! My brother and I taught him. He will one day outstrip us."

"Only ten? Mashallah! He looks older!"

"He has already deceived some with that. He can also handle the sword excellently!"

"You too?" he asked suddenly.

"Me too!" she replied, again embarrassed.

"Maybe one day we will be able to enjoy a taste of your skills with the sword!" he said softly.

"Shahenshah! Stop it!" Her cheeks burned.

"How come? I like it when a woman can defend herself!"

"Your heart knows the way"  it echoed in Jodha's mind. She shook her head slightly to drive the voice away.

"You just say that!"

"No I am serious! By the way... Why didn't you answer my letter?"

"Because the invitation to your sister's wedding arrived and I thought ...!"

"What did you thoght?" he asked gently.

"Nothing shahenshah!"

"My last line of the letter come true!"

"What? You remember what you wrote?" Jodha asked in astonishment.

"Every word! May Allah let cross our paths again! Allah heard me! What about your ankle? Have you hurt yourselves? Or why did I feel a pain in my ankle when the ring did its magic?"

"Um ... Mh ... I stepped into a hole on one of my rides and sprained my ankle."

"You were on the way alone?"

"Um ... Haa!"

"Why do I have the feeling that there is more to this story?"

"How do you come up with that?"

"Because you were traveling alone!"

"Oh Kanha, I can't tell him about Rai Singh,"  thought Jodha.

"Do you want to tell me?"

"You are an attentive listener! But no, Shahenshah! Please leave it at that! Tell me about Abdul's injury. He looked alive and well when he brought us the message from you."

"He is fully recovered. A stray bullet hit him during the siege and ricocheted off a rib, breaking it and causing a severe flesh wound. The wound has become badly infected. I really thought he was dying!"

"Oh! Fortunately he has recovered! You have a loyal friend in him. You wrote that your path was accompanied by suspicion and conspiracies. Were you able to find the causes and counteract them?"

He sighed deeply. "Our ataliq and regent Bairam Khan conspired behind our back. In recognition of his good service to us and the Mughal Empire, we gave him permission to go on pilgrimage to Mecca and we did not punish him. Ministers were exchanged. We hope it's quiet now. The business of government is a great burden on my shoulders. The court ... Sometimes it all overwhelms me!"

He didn't knew why he tells Jodha about it. He just felt he could trust her.

"Despite everything, we don't know whether we can trust everyone. Our mother supports us and also our foster mother Maham Anga. But even here we are not sure whether she tries to take advantage of our trust sometimes."

He sighed deeply and raised both hands in a gesture of helplessness. When he let his hands fall, his fingers met Jodha's. Both froze! The rings seemed to spray sparks when they touched and both felt the sparks jump between their fingers and start a fire. "Fate has decided!"  it echoed through the velvety air of the night! They looked deep into each other's eyes and Jalal's fingers moved on as if by themselves until his hand was on hers. His fingers brushed hers as light as a feather. Their eyes got caught in one another, could not take their eyes off each other until Jodha woke up from the magical mood and hastily withdrew her hand!

"Shahenshah! I ... I ... have to go! Shubh raatri!" She jumped up!

"Jodha!" He reached out his hand to her and smiled.

"Shubh raatri, shahenshah!" She quickly ran away.

A pair of eyes peered intently out of a dark alcove as Jodha hurried to her room. Seconds later, Jalal followed. "What does the Rajput princess do with Jalal in the garden in the middle of the night? Interesting!"

________________________________________________

Jalal smiled all the way back to his chambers. What a feeling as their hands touched! He still felt the fire that the touch had kindled between them. It seemed to be something big! But what? He couldn't sort it! It was something absolutely new for him! And the voice... "Fate has decided!" What was that? He sat thoughtfully on a stool and still thought he could feel her velvety soft skin on his fingertips. What a comfortable feeling! The rings seemed to have sparkled when they accidentally touched their hands. Lost in thought, he turned his ring. There still seemed to be a slight warmth emanating from him. "Fate has decided!" it echoed. That voice again! Ever since Jodha had ran away, he felt that something was missing! But what was missing? He was completely confused!

________________________________________________

Jodha ran into her room as fast as she could. "Hey Kanha, what was that?" She gasped and clapped her hands over her chest. A blazing fire burned where Jalal's finger had touched her hand! And that voice again! It couldn't be, it shouldn't be! And yet she had enjoyed the feel of his fingers on her skin. How gently his fingers had brushed hers! She turned red hot! "Huh, what kind of thoughts do I have?" Her breath came intermittently. "Fate has decided!" That voice again! She covered her ears. She looked at the ring on her finger. He still seemed to radiate a slight warmth. What kind of magic was it that had kindled such a fire between them? Despite the fire burning in her hand, it felt cold there where his fingers had touched her before she pulled her hand away! What happens here?

________________________________________________

„What was in the garden between Jalal and the Rajkumari? Why did they meet? They didn't even know each other! Or is it?" Scraps of memories of days long past in Delhi emerged... "What has he got to do with her? I absolutely have to find out!" The figure detached itself from the dark wall niche and strode thoughtfully through the corridors of the fort!

________________________________________________

It was before dawn when Jalal woke up. He got up and watched the Yamuna from his balcony. Violet light heralded the new day. Light morning mist hung in tatters over the river and bathed the scene in a mystical light. Herons stood on the bank and lay in wait for prey, birds began to sing. The sun rose like an orange glowing ball from the violet-gray of dawn through the mist, first bathing the river in glistening orange and then turning it into liquid gold. He raised his hands and said a prayer. He thought of his meeting with Jodha in the garden and smiled. He had made up his mind.

A short time later, Raja Bharmal was announced.

"Adab Raja Bharmal. How do you like it in Agra? We hope you and your family are accommodated to your satisfaction and you enjoy your stay!"

"Pranaam Shahenshah. We lack nothing and we express our thanks again for the generous invitation. Dhanyavaad! But allow me a question." Jalal nodded encouragingly.

"Forgive the question, Shahenshah. Why were we invited to the wedding? There is no connection to your family that justifies an invitation."

Jalal smiled to himself contentedly. The Raja made it easy for him to start this conversation.

"Raja Bharmal, you have already done us a great service with your help. We wanted to take the opportunity of the wedding to talk to you about possible future alliances."

The Raja looked at him skeptically. What was Jalal going to suggest to him? Was he eyeing Amer? He was on guard.

"What alliances are you talking about?"

"Well, we know that some of the Rajput rulers have their eyes on Amer and that your inquiries about alliances from neighboring principalities received negative responses. Your army could not withstand an eventual attack and Amer would be defeated. Likewise, a marriage of your daughter to strengthen Amer was refused too!" Jalal had been informed of this fact by his spies, whom he had sent out. He watched the raja. The latter started up in surprise.

"How can you know that?" he exclaimed.

"Raja sa, Mughal Sultanate has his eyes and ears everywhere! I want to make a suggestion to you. You need a strong ally to protect Amer's borders. Mughal Sultanate offers you this alliance. You would keep your sovereignty in Amer, but undertake to subordinate your army to the Mughal Sultanate and, if necessary, to place it under our command."

"Shahenshah, you know ...!" The Raja started in horror.

Jalal raised his hand and stopped him!

"In return we will support you with troops if Amer is in danger!"

The Raja sat in silence and tried to digest what he had heard.

"We can also imagine a matrimonial alliance with your house." Bharmal wanted to start speaking, but was stopped again by Jalal. "Word has got around that your daughter's refusal to marry in the Principality of Bikaner. According to our information, none of the Rajput princes are ready to enter into a matrimonial alliance with Amer at the moment!" How would the Raja react?

"Shahenshah!" gasped Bharmal! "Kshama chahte hai shahenshah! How can you make such an offer? You know that is impossible!" he said, horrified.

"Raja Bharmal, it is an offer. Let it go through your mind in peace."

"It is generous of you to make such offers! But understand that I cannot give you an answer to this at the moment."

"We have no intention of being hostile to you. The offer is available, you can come back to it at any time."

"Allow us to withdraw, shahenshah!"

"Of course! Please continue to enjoy our hospitality and enjoy the amenities of the fort. Khuda hafiz Raja sa!"

Raja Bharmal went stunned from Jalal's room and overlooked Maham Anga, who was about to go to Jalal.

"Salaam Jalal!"

"Badi ammi! What brings you to me? Is there something with the wedding preparations?"

"No, my son, everything is going as planned. The Mehndi ceremony will take place tomorrow and then, as planned, the nikaah!"

"Excellent. Then why did you come?"

"You have called the Rajput to your chambers. Is there a reason?" she asked, lurking? "I keep wondering why you invited him to Bakshi's nikaah!"

"Well, I wanted to use the relaxed opportunity of the wedding celebrations to feel whether he was interested in an alliance with us! He has already served us well in the past!"

"An alliance?" exclaimed Maham Anga, shocked and swallowed.

"Why not? So we can enlarge our empire, there will be peace and on top of that we will get their support! Maybe we can convince the Rajputs of that!"

"Have you already thought about all of this?"

"Of course! Letters with the same offer will be sent to other countries shortly. The Rajas retain their sovereignty, are under the protection of the Mughal Sultanate and we are expanding our army through their armed forces without effort. Those who do not accept will feel our strength!"

"You want to make Rajputana your own?"

"Ji badi ammi! My father told me about his dream to unite Hindustan! I want to fulfill it!" he said proudly. Maham Anga looked at him in disbelief. He definitely had the reins in his hand! She had to be careful.

"Inshallah Jalal!"

To be continued...

May this Navratri
fill Your life with the colors
of Happiness and Prosperity.
Wishing You all
A very Happy Navratri

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

604K 25.5K 59
Highest Ranking #1 22.10.1 Jellal never knew things will turn out worse after his beloved's death. Even after eight years all he wanted to do was mo...
5.8M 389K 69
That 'yes' could mean my death, torture, hate, disrespect, rape or anything more heartless and brutal. But, keeping my head high I said 'I am ready...
1.1M 40.8K 68
He was filled with ego, rudeness, and cruelty. Every girl throws themselves on him just for his looks and money, but there is only one girl in his li...
663 70 12
~1st book in the FLAMES SERIES ♡The sacred of ~FLAMES♡ Their stars were aligned together, but fate made them poles apart. However, as they say, even...