infuriating ~ loki laufeyson...

By smokin-reds

He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her When there's a new addition to her belove... More

intro.
new arrivals.
threats.
fights.
city girls.
trust.
fear.
speeches.
find her.
pain.
comfortable silence.
caring.
cold.
gone.
light in life.
truthfully.
sleepy confessions.
just a glance.
wow.
city girls; the sequal.
beautiful.
the whole world.
difficult.
my love.
snow.
distraction techniques.
christmas morning.
snakes.
safety.
tattoos and scars.
new me.
walk of shame.
blanche.
our new year.
consequences.
battle.
a memory.
evil.
run.
the end.
epilogue.

new year.

155 10 0
By smokin-reds

The venue for the New Year's Eve party was in the heart of the city, meaning Tony had to splash out even more on elegant transport for the team. However, when the time came for them to all leave, Miriana and Wanda were late.

"No, Wanda. What if something happens, it's on me. You can't deny that." She gripped her friends shoulders.

"We have guards and surveillance and like... every single security leader out there. You know Fury will be there, and Ross, and the Avengers. It'll be the safest place in the city Ana." She assured her with soft eyes and a gentle tone.

Anas brows twisted, "Do you promise?" Her voice cracked.

"Yes." Wanda raised her hand to Anas cheek, swiping her thumb across her cheekbone, "Of course. We'll make sure you're safe."

Miriana finally agreed, partly accepting that there was no way she'd ever escape attending this party. The pair fixed their makeup and adjusted their dresses, making final preparations before they descended the stairs to meet the rest of the team.

Her eyes instantly found his, her entire focus staying on him as everyone else stressed over being late, plastering on a smile for him as if she hadn't been on the verge of tears a moment ago.

"You look..." He started, his eyes trailing down her body, his lips parted as he soaked in every inch of her. "Beautiful." He eventually finished his thought, bringing his mind back from the dirtiest corners.

"I do, don't I?" She replied, lifting her hand to brush over the lapel of his suit. He wore a simple black blazer over a white dress shirt, matching dress trousers leading to his shiny dark shoes. "You look just as beautiful." She grinned.

Miriana had almost been forced to dress up as much as she had, Wanda and Natasha banding together to find the perfect dress, the bodice was a fitted corset the deep red colour matching that of the long gloves, they covered her scarred hand. The dress covered her stomach entirely but the skirt had a high slit, the neckline low, just enough skin showing. She wore a thick leather holster around her thigh, plenty of thick jewellery to match, with her new necklace front and centre.

Her hair had been braided tight into a bun at the back of her head, her edges laid and her skull pounding. Her stomach still twisted with anxiety but she got into the limousine with her friends, handed Tony the Piaget she had "stolen" from an ex and promptly poured herself plenty of alcohol.

If Wanda was right, if Ana was going to be completely safe, and this would be fun, then she could take after Stark and bury her nerves with tequila. She made sure to drink it all before she could think about everything that could go wrong in this scenario.

Drunk Miriana was messy, she couldn't fight anyone, she couldn't protect anyone, she could make a fool of herself, hurt herself, and wake up with regrets and scars.

But she wasn't going to think about that, she was going to beg Thor to give her a shot of his famed Asgardian ale and brush off the worried glances from Loki.

~~

Miriana focused her entire mind on not flashing the paparazzi as she stepped out of the car, thankfully Loki was standing steadily in front of her, holding his hand out gently.

"No one warned me of this." He spoke quietly in her ear as she clutched his arm.

"It's fine," She met his eyes with a smile, "just stop looking at me like that, they'll never shut up." She teased, her brows furrowed.

Loki, of course, found it impossible not to. Cameras flashed and journalists yelled for their attention, and the only thing that made it bearable for him was the stunning woman clinging to his arm. She smiled brightly, her grip on him tightening as she tried not to trip up the stairs.

He had never seen Miriana so dressed up, and although he never minded her tangled hair or baggy clothes, her natural beauty being all he needed to fall so deeply and absolutely in love with her. Loki was ecstatic to see her like this. Some part of his dark brain even hoped it was purely for him.

"Loki!" A stranger yelled, his eyes snapped up to the source, brows furrowed. Ana had to bite back a laugh at the way the photographer shrunk to the back of the crowd.

"Come on, meanie." She whispered to him, tugging him to the door. He held it open for her and ignored the requests for more pictures from the paparazzi.

Once inside, Miriana felt like she could breath again, although they were walking into the busiest and loudest room she'd ever experienced, it was less open space and flashing lights than outside. She looked around for a moment, until Lokis hand snaked around to the small of her back.

"You alright?" His breath fanned against her neck as he spoke.

"Yes." She smiled brightly at him. "I'm gonna go grab a drink, you want one?" She twisted at her rings.

He silently shook his head before she darted through the crowds toward the bar, Loki seemed off but she needed more alcohol to fog her brain before she could focus on anything other than the aching wound on her stomach.

She swiftly ordered her drink and stood anxiously at the bar, her nails tapping on the counter as she waited.

She heard a familiar order and turned her head to find Tony, he smirked at the bartender before stepping closer to her. "You okay?" He asked.

"Yes." She grit her teeth, why was everyone asking her that.

"I'm proud of you, you got the pretty dress down, you're here." He listed, recalling his rules. "How much you had to drink?" He nodded to the glass that had just been slid towards her.

Miriana chewed at her lip, looking down at the amber liquid, "Same as you guys." She muttered

"You guys, as in Thor and Steve?"

She furrowed her brows, "If you knew the answer then why'd you ask?" She looked back to him.

"Wanted to know if you'd try to lie." He sent a smug smile, "Just be good, okay? I know you can handle yourself but..." He hesitated, avoiding her gaze, "Drinking away your troubles isn't exactly the answer, Ana."

"No, but it can be for tonight." She smiled, taking a swig of her drink, it burned down her throat.

"I'll tell them to stop serving you." He raised his brows at her.

"I'll find a way Tony, just let me have fun?" She tilted her head, patting his shoulder as she brushed past him.

Her heart was pounding against her chest, she didn't like lying to Stark, but it seemed it was all she was doing these days. She was slightly affronted by Tony's new found distaste to getting wasted at his own parties, recalling a few stories from Colonel Rhodes, it seemed to be his thing.

She found Loki right where she had left him, his eyes darted around the room nervously as Wanda and Vision tried to hold a conversation with him.

"Didn't take you long." Wanda smirked, nodding to the crystal glass in Anas hand.

She rolled her eyes, looking up to Loki who watched the glass with a stern face.

"Have fun you two." The red head smiled.

"But not too much fun." Vision added with a pointed finger, they brushed past the other couple, arms linked together.

"You didn't get this one from Thor, did you?" Loki spoke up once they were out of ear shot.

"No. Why is everyone so worried about me drinking." She let out a huff of laughter.

"I'm always worried about you my love." He raised his hand to her cheek, brushing over her cheekbone.

He was smiling but Ana didn't share the same sentiment.

"I don't need you to worry Loki, even Tony gets that I can handle myself. Why can't you?" She pulled his hand away, taking a final gulp of her drink and handing the glass to him with a little too much force.

In the blink of an eye Ana was gone again. She didn't know why she snapped like that, she didn't know why Loki fretted over her so much. But she didn't care either.

She'd finally stopped caring and she felt great.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 675 45
Y/N decides with her powers she wants to become an avenger but how is she going to get the Avenger's attention? She's going to break into their compo...
149K 4.3K 43
"And no matter how much they fought, they would somehow be pulled back together, as if forced to reunite. Was it fate? Or just plain luck? Neither kn...
36.1K 1K 24
A Loki x Reader Fanfiction WARNING: Mature language included! If there will be any other potentially triggering scenes I will put warnings in front...
504K 26.4K 200
Sammee (Sammie) is a college student struggling to finish her art final. She decides to take a break and watch a marvel movie to relax. She ends up f...