Hybrids: An Indoraptor Story βœ“

By EkemWrites

|𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐏𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 ππŽπ•π„π‹| 'The Past Never Dies... And Neither Do Y... More

The Beginning Of An End [Pt. 1]
The Beginning Of An End [Pt. 2]
The Beginning Of An End [Pt. 3]
Death On The Sands
The Faults Within
Blood Sisters
Memory
Beneath The Silver Moon
The Mole
Angry Birds
Breakout
A Monster In The Dark
What I Want
I Remember...
Loyalty
Timeskip
What's Wrong?
Bloodlust
The Massacre [Pt. 1]
The Massacre [Pt. 2]
Indy's Lonesome
Run [Nominated Best Chapter]
The Guardian
Instinct
Nemesis [Pt. 1]
Curse Me With Your Secrets
Nemesis [Pt. 2]
A Need To Know
While We Wander
Blood Rush
To Lose All Control
Animal Farm
Hunter-Gatherer [Pt. 1]
||SNEAK PEEK #1||
Indoraptors
Whispers and Wallows [Pt. 1]
Whispers and Wallows [Pt. 2]
Rude Awakenings
Last Night In Chico
Prey
Time Runs Out
Hunter-Gatherer [Pt. 2]
Fear
You Can't Save Her
Devils & Monsters [Pt. 1]
The Half Of Me
||SNEAK PEEK #2||
Devils & Monsters [Pt. 2]
Autumn
Failsafe
Redrum [Pt. 1]
Redrum [Pt. 2]
The Quiet Dream
Lost & Found
Cat And Mouse
The Seventh Extinction [Pt. 1]
The Seventh Extinction [Pt. 2]
A Sea Of Embers
Final Destination
Defenders
End Of A Beginning [Pt. 1]
End Of A Beginning [Pt. 2]
End Of A Beginning [Pt. 3]
Dominion
Epilogue
|| THANK YOU ||

|| π™°πš„πšƒπ™·π™Ύπš'πš‚ π™½π™Ύπšƒπ™΄ ||

2.5K 50 47
By EkemWrites

Definition - /HY·BRID/ - (noun): the offspring of two plants or animals of different species or varieties; a mixture of elements and characters, bred to increase niche/bred for a singular purpose...

~<>~

Greetings to all you wonderful readers out there! I am truly honored and excited that you've taken time out of your day to read this! And, above all else, I'm thrilled to be sharing this novel with you, and this adventure!

For those of you who do not know me, my name is Elijah C. Millington. I am a Caribbean male author who loves fantasy thrillers that are told from the eyes of it's antihero -- let it be that of a creature or a person. On some occasions I love to tie their stories into the real world, and squeeze out a message that you could all take away in the end. It's super fun (for me especially) and I enjoy experiencing these adventures above all else.

But I figure you're all here to see what this book is about. I don't wish to tell you everything about myself (that's what a profile page is for), so let's get into the good stuff.

~<>~

The story you're about to read is the second iteration of a fanfiction I once made, called Ripper: An Indoraptor Story. That fanfiction revolved around an indoraptor in mid-2018 -- Ripper -- who was 'given' a second chance at life in lieu to his death. In a turn of events, the journey evolved from a revenge story to a coming-of-age novel, as Ripper was exposed to different lives from different creatures: humans, his killer, and INGEN. He soon began to seek out his purpose, and what his life really meant to a world that saw him indifferently. This only magnified the disillusion of truth -- from the beginning all the way to the very end.

That novel started in August of 2018 as a draft, and soon finished in April of 2019.

Although -- from my perspective (since I'm much older now) -- the writing aspect was a bit rushed, there was some little problems here and there, and I made the main antagonist a bit too 'antagonistic'. Still, Ripper: An Indoraptor Story served to be one of my most popular books and is still drawing in readers from all around Wattpad, even now! Winning literally first place in mostly every award book I put it in, and gaining the Official Sticker of Wattpad Fanfiction (Including a Shortlist in the Wattys 2021), it was no question that this book was truly unique in every way.

It wasn't just a story that made a spark, it was a step forward into an entirely new world. And I have the fans to thank for it (and the ones who built it with me).

Yes, I thank you guys most of all for this. You're all the forefront of my inspiration.

Thank you.

So, because of your love and kind words, I've brought you all a new story: HYBRIDS. Originally I was skeptical about writing this.

Ripper is a completely different novel in comparison to Hybrids, both in terms of story, tone, meaning, and tragedy. Where that story had a powerful lesson to take away from, Hybrids is more of a culmination of movie history and fan service -- hence why I believe this story won't be as 'impactful' as Ripper. Hell, I doubt it'll win any award.

But, I will try not to disappoint.

Also, at the time of this book (October, 2022), Jurassic World: Dominion hadn't had a trailer, a plot, or any spoilers, hence why I am working in the dark. I took my ideas from the tales of Netflix's Camp Cretaceous, concept art for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, the game: Jurassic World Evolution and a bit further back too: Jurassic Park I, II, and III.

I also wanted to fix up some of the issues from Ripper, mostly that of the characters. With the additional change in their personalities (to not make them 1 Dimensional), I'm introducing a couple new characters and bringing back some older ones!

And -- even crazier -- this is actually the first story that'll be written from a female's perspective.

You don't see that everyday, do ya?!

(It's a risk, I know, I'm sorry-)

Finally, I understand that I said I was going to release this on my birthday, but I pulled back mostly because, in reality, Wattpad is slightly dying. Most of my friends are hiatus, several dinosaur books have stopped (or lost creativity), many people who loved the first story have left, and many others are out of ideas on what to write.

(And, yes, I am to blame for all those RipperXBlue stories [I fear I started it])

I want to help change that, and (even if I can't) leave you all with something special to enjoy before you go. Hence why this release date changed: October 16, 2021.

~<>~

Hybrids is going to be a challenging story for us all. With double the chapters, double the characters, and double the gore, I'm upping most of the madness from the prior book. So it should give you all plenty of fun!

And, in a way, both this story and Ripper will still surround the struggles of a hybrid trying to find their way in a world that despises of them. But, while Ripper was more philosophical and metaphorical in terms of life, death, and purpose, Hybrids will be a sort of love letter to the Jurassic World trilogy.

This will mark my 3rd and 'possibly' final fanfiction I make here, so I really hope you enjoy this story.

Now, one last warning:

It's hard to write a fanfiction about something that doesn't exist yet, and I'm probably the first person on the Jurassic World side of Wattpad to be doing this, so please don't lose your mind or ridicule me, I'm trying my very best. I will accept criticisms of course, but just don't hate me for being wrong. In addition, gore and violence will be present, because, you know, they're carnivores.

What do you expect, a love tap?

~<>~

As a predict -- because I'm guessing -- here's your SPOILER WARNING for Jurassic World: Dominion and Camp Cretaceous.

~<>~

Good to go? Sweet!

Now sit back, grab a big mac, hit the rack, and enjoy Hybrids: An Indoraptor Story!

Music: Monsters by Dynoro (ft. 24kGoldn)

Cover #1 (Me)

Cover #2 (Coming Soon)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 105 6
He was known as the Indoraptor Prototype, and he was created to be an engine of relentless death. Nothing more, and nothing less. Throughout his whol...
11.5K 550 12
3rd book of the Jurassic World Series (I recommend reading the first 2 books before reading this one) ---- Levi and Archer go missing one day and Bel...
388K 13.8K 39
Sequel to The Indominus Rex and a Girl (I recommend to read it before reading this book) -------- [Not edited] This is the follow-up story after the...
14K 542 16
[18+; Use an age indicator in YOUR BIO to confirm you're 18+ if you want to follow/comment or you'll be blocked for safety purposes] Living in the mi...