Wholesome Deltarune Oneshots

By ThatDorkyIntrovert

(COMPLETE! Thanks ya'll for coming! :D) See the rules before requesting, thanks! All of these will be SFW, wi... More

Rules/Requests
Swatch- Fashion Forward
Spamton- Key To Your HeartShaped Object
Spamtom- Playing Arbitrator
Kris- My Liege
~My Personal Spamton Headcanons~
Berdly- Everyone's A Critic
Spamton- Little Flower
Spamton- The Cuddles Deal
A/N To Keep An Eye On!!
Kris- Their Cape
Sweet- The Slip Up
~Ask The Author Answers~
Berdly- Unwanted Competition
Spamton- Short Lived
Cap'n- Going Out
Queen- Mysterious Locations
Sorry to disappoint, but it's an A/N not a oneshot 😆
Rouxls- College Student Supremeth
Berdly- Good Ol' Fashioned Gaming
Jevil- True Freedom
Noelle- My Christmas Star
A/N: Hello lovelies! It's been too long

K_K- Candy And Cakes

1.8K 43 114
By ThatDorkyIntrovert

Requested by: TheMetaKid

Thanks for the request! :D Now onto the story! (Also just for future and current reference, I headcanon K_K and Sweets go by 'he/they', and Cap'n goes by 'he'. Since I'm pretty sure nobody knows what's canon for these robots, that's just my guess.)

~~~

You sighed deeply, slumping against the counter of the small candy shop you worked at. It was a great job, despite your current mood. The only problem was that business was slow in this part of the Cyber World. Resting your chin on the countertop, you glanced sidelong at the notebook you had full of doodles sitting a short distance away. The upmost page was blank and inspirationless. 

All of the candy was already stocked up, everything was clean and sparkly (you had mopped this morning), and nobody else was there to trade shifts with... mostly because once the Queen started getting harsher, lots of the staff bailed on the small business to try to make it big.

However, popularity wasn't something you wanted. You just wanted to be happy. And candy, well, it helped a bit.

You overdramatically groaned in boredom, resting the entirity of your face against the cool, smooth counter. Your hand fell into place near your head, and you drummed your fingers. But that was when you heard a faint ring of a bell. Sounds like the door... you thought, but didn't bother looking up, your fingers still moving along the countertop rhythmically. Though that door sometimes doesn't shut properly... It's gotta be just the wind catching it.

"Hey, that's a nice rhythm," a clear voice suddenly spoke from out of nowhere. You shrieked and jolted into an upright position, throughly startled until you laid your eyes upon the tall figure before you. The green robot snickered, resting a single forearm along the countertop. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you!" they apologized, wearing a kind smile.

Your eyes went up them to their face, and you couldn't help but gape at this surprise customer. Whoa... they look so cool...! was the first thing you could think. Then heat rose to your face at realizing you were staring, and you forced yourself into professional mode. "Uh, hello! What can I get you?" 

The robot let out a long, thoughtful hum, intertwining gentle music beats into it as they scanned over the shelves. Finally, their gaze settled on you again. "You seem like someone I could trust with such a thing..." they mused, and you opened your mouth and raised a finger about to inquire what that meant, but they suddenly continued, "A bag of assorted candies would be nice! I trust your judgement!" They gave you a bright grin.

You blinked, then a smile came over your face. "Yeah, of course!" you chirped, cheerfully grabbing the size of candy bag the customer had chose before going about the shop, scooping up candies of whatever you guessed the robot would like. 

However, it was oddly intimidating, as if a lot of pressure was riding on what candies you chose. You had never felt this sort of pressure when preparing something for a customer before, and it definitely wasn't your first time making an assorted bag of candies either. What then?  you wondered, then shaking your head a little to yourself. They said they trusted me, so I have to trust my judgement too! Besides, it's just candy, who wouldn't like any of the combonations of candies I could make?

"You really seem in your element," came the robot's friendly voice again from where they were watching you by the counter.

You turned your head to look at them, pausing with a scoopful of sour gummy bears. "Huh?"

The green robot suddenly looked a little embarrassed. "It's just you seem like you really know what you're doing. I didn't know anyone could get into the zone by scooping candy!" they explained.

"Oh," you responded, a bit surprised. "Yeah, I suppose I do! It's just, I don't know..." You came back over to the counter, tying up the now filled bag of candy absently as you spoke. "It's a small and simple job, but I really enjoy it, you know? Well, when customers stop by anyways... otherwise, things get a little dull around here." The robot was staring at you, and your face went red. "O-Oh, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have just, uh... It's not really interesting of a topic, and you're probably bored of it already-"

"No, no! It's interesting!" the robot assured you quickly, waving their hands a bit in front of them. Then, they smiled. "What's your name anyways?"

"Oh, Y/N," you replied, smiling back as you placed the candy on a scale. The price popped up on the screen of the cash register. "Is this too much money, or...?" 

"No, it's perfect," they replied, taking out their wallet and handing you the money. You took it and stashed it in the register. "I'm K_K!" They rubbed the back of their neck, lightly blushing. "It's short for Cakes! ... You can call me by either!"

"Alright!" you chirped, grabbing a pen and taking the bag of candy before K_K could. They gave you a confused look, but you ignored it as you scribbled on the plastic of the bag. "Here!" you said when you were done, handing it over to him. You beamed as K_K's eyes went wide in surprise at what you had wrote.

For K_K!

Thanks for coming in today! You're really cool and I enjoyed chatting with you! I hope to see you again soon! :)

- Y/N

K_K now wore a wide grin. They looked at you. "Of course! Now I know where to get my candy from!" You laughed, both of you waving goodbye to each other like old friends as they left the store with a jingle of the bell.

Days had passed since you last saw K_K, and to your disappointment, business was uneventful in the days following. Once again, you found yourself with your cheek against your fist, sketching in your notebook with a melancholy expression. Now it wasn't just boring all the sudden when customers wouldn't show up, it was beginning to get rather lonesome. You sketched in the kind smile and bright eyes of the new friend you had made days ago, then shaded a bit under their chin.

You were beginning to get close to finishing some tiny details when the bell chimed again. You looked up immediately this time to see a welcome surprise. "K_K! Welcome back!" you exclaimed, feeling your mood soar instantly and pull you up into a professional standing position.

"Hi Y/N!" K_K replied with just as much enthusiasm.

"Did you enjoy your candy bag from the other day?" you asked hopefully.

Their smile widened. "Uh huh! I did! I shared it with Sweet and Cap'n. They send their approval of it too!" K_K answered. (Wait, could Sweet even eat? Do- Do they even have a mouth? This is going to bother me now- 😂)

"That's good, that's good!" you replied, clasping your hands together. "So what can I get you today?"

"Oh, I uh, actually didn't really come to buy anything this time..." K_K bashfully confessed, their eyes suddenly being drawn to your notebook. Their face went up a hue. "Is... that me?"

"Huh?" you responded, then looked at your notebook to see the sketch you were just doing staring back at you. You squeaked in alarm, your face going deep red.  "O-Oh, um... yeah. A-Actually, it's-" You quickly ripped the page out of the book, the coils thankfully letting it free without ruining the drawing. You held it out to K_K. "... for you," you finished.

K_K looked shocked, raising a finger slowly to point at themself in question. You nodded quickly, averting your gaze and holding the drawing closer to them. You felt them take the page from your hands. "Geez, this... That's super nice of you! I don't know what to say!" They chuckled softly, seeming flustered.

"Think of it like, uhhmm... fanart?" you offered, then laughed awkwardly. "Art from a fan... yeah..."

"I've never gotten art from a fan before..." they breathed in awe.

Desperate to change the topic, you cleared your throat. "So, uh, you were saying you didn't come here to buy anything...? Why did you come then?"

"Well..." they began, rubbing the back of their head. They laughed softly. "Actually, it was to come see you! I... missed seeing you, and... just wanted to come say hi?"

You put your hands over your mouth to stop yourself from screaming. That is too cute- That is way too cute, oh no- your mind cried. Finally, you removed your hands from your mouth and grinned. "You know, some company is just what I needed today," you said happily. "Besides, nobody is showing up, so it couldn't hurt to chat for a bit!"

For hours, there were no new customers. But you were okay with that. After all, your favorite customer was right there with you the whole time, joking and laughing with you long until your shift was over for the day.

~~~

A/N: *screams loudly in wholesomeness* Writing this has given me a new found love of the robot trio. Is that a normal thing to happen to people when they write fanfics? Anyways, yeah, that's all I have to say XD Have a good day, everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 104 15
And yes, first book on here! Hopefully it'll be good for all of you... ;w; You had feelings for that particular blue birb in your class, but what if...
19.6K 555 13
DONT READ THIS 🙏🙏🙏🙏
29.7K 587 39
The cover says it all, this is a Kris x Reader book for all the Kris lovers out there :D *I do not own Deltarune, all rights go to Toby Fox* Accompli...
2.6K 55 9
Just a funny story I thought of, this is just a joke, everything done and said doesn't effect the other stories. All character belong to Toby Fox. Ex...