Aragons (TO BE REWRITTEN SOON)

By earlfangs

[18x FEATURED] π˜›π˜° 𝘴𝘒𝘷𝘦 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘡𝘰 π˜₯𝘦𝘴𝘡𝘳𝘰𝘺. Born out of sadness and despair, demonic beings kno... More

Disclaimer
VOLUME 1: THE MIRACLE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
VOLUME 2: THE SINNER
Characters
Achievements

Epilogue

161 6 14
By earlfangs

In a dark and narrow alleyway between two buildings, a little boy sobs quietly. He sits on the ground with his face buried in his knees. People stroll past, but not one of them spares a glance at him. None of them have even noticed his presence. Because he's nothing more than a silhouette.

But not for Karma.

While no one else has noticed the boy, Karma is staring at him from the opposite alley, his eyes studying the little existence blending into the shadows. The boy has chosen the perfect spot to conceal his presence, clearly indicating that he does not want to be found.

"What a fragile thing," mutters Karma. He then emerges from the alley and walks across the street. Despite his sudden appearance, the pedestrians pay him no heed as if they haven't seen him. As if he's invisible. His long blond hair glows in the moonlight, and the light from the streetlamps reflects in his sharp, dark eyes.

He glides into the dark and narrow alley, his shadow swallowing the young boy's silhouette.

"You poor little thing," he says in a low-pitched, almost crooning voice.

The little boy raises his head, his hazel eyes meeting Karma's pitch black ones.

Karma smiles. "Now, what saddened you?"

The boy sniffs, then he wipes his eyes dry. "My parents always scold me."

Karma's face remains stoic. "Ah, that's very sad."

The boy stands up, his face contorted in rage. "But no matter what she does, they never scold my sister!"

Karma stares at him. The boy sniffs again, wiping his tears and nose with the hem of his tunic, and looks up at Karma.

"By the way, Mister, what are you doing here? Have my sobbing bothered you?" says the boy, his head bowed low. "Please forgive me."

"No, you didn't; there's no need to apologize." Karma tucks his hands into his tailcoat pockets and leans down to whisper into the child's ear. "Do you want revenge on the people who wronged you?"

The boy blinks, confused. "Revenge?"

Karma's thin lips form a wicked smile. "Yes. We'll show them that they're wrong to chastise you, and we'll show your sister what it's like to be you, and why she deserves to be punished for her sins."

The boy's face shows a fleeting expression of trepidation. For a brief moment, Karma believes he will say no, but the boy's face brightens as if hope has been rekindled within him. He nods.

Karma grins, revealing a neat line of white teeth that gleams in the darkness around them. When he stretches his arm, a wooden staff appears in his hand. The staff is long, with the top forming a crescent shape with a red-glowing diamond inside. The boy looks up in awe, having witnessed such a magical phenomenon for the first time in his life.

"Lead the way," Karma orders.

Upon entering the small wooden dwelling, Karma feels a rush of excitement. He greets the boy's father, mother, and sister with an enigmatic smile. The boy flanks him, a vengeful smile on his face. He nods as he looks up at Karma.

Karma pats his head and walks farther in, the floor creaking under his weight. The boy's family staggers backward, keeping a safe distance from the man with the malicious aura, terror on their faces. When their backs meet a wall, Karma comes to a halt.

"I just have questions for you." Karma motions to the young boy who is still standing by the door. "Is he your son?"

The father and mother tremble as they nod.

"Are you proud to have him?" Karma goes on, and they nod once more. His eyes harden. "Speak the truth!"

This time, the father and mother, as well as the girl, shake their heads. They even make no attempt to hide their disgust as they gaze at the boy. When he sees their reactions, the boy's face falls, but he quickly replaces his shock with anger and disappointment.

"We don't want that thing!" the father yells, pointing at his son. "He's a burden, good for nothing kid!"

The mother nods. "He steals from others. He's always causing problems for the family!"

"He's not my brother," the girl declares. "I don't have a thief and a foolish brother."

The boy clenches his teeth and balls his fists at his sides. "I hate this life! Everything I do is wrong in your eyes. You're always blaming and scolding me, even when it's my sister's fault! You are blind to her flaws and have condemned me for everything. It's so unfair!"

Karma raises his staff, silencing the family. All eyes turn to him.

"I don't want to hear any more of this nonsense. Let's get this sorted out." Karma turns to face the parents and the girl. "Who do you believe is at fault?"

"Obviously, it's that thing!" the mother exclaims, pointing to the boy.

"Who do you think raised him?" Karma asks, and the mother and father lower their heads in shame.

"Don't start blaming yourself now," Karma says. "I understand... how parents are flawed individuals. I understand how hard they work to keep the family together, but there is always one who gets lost. Who is to blame for such a thing?"

The parents collapse on their knees, tears streaming down their cheeks, and their bodies trembling in despair. Soon after, the girl bursts into tears and kneels beside her parents.

"This is not the life we want! This world...isn't fair. God is not fair! Why do we have to live this way?" The mother's cries fill the room as she leans her head against the wooden floor.

Karma's lips curve into a smile. "That's right. Blame him. Blame the Light, the one who gave you this unfortunate life. Drown in despair!" He raises his staff, and the diamond glows furiously, sparks buzzing around it.

A black hole appears out of thin air, and three lost souls emerge from it, possessing the three people kneeling on the floor. For a few seconds, the three of them become rigid before any expression on their faces melts away. They rise to their feet and look at Karma. Despite having blank expressions, they undoubtedly respect the man in front of them.

"Who are you?" the boy asks, his eyes shining with admiration as he looks at Karma.

Karma turns around and faces him. "I am the world's savior." He takes a step closer, his smile never leaving his face. "I am your savior. Now, allow me to save you from your cruel life." He pierces the boy's chest with his hand as if the kid's flesh and bones were made of flimsy wood. He strokes his heart, feeling it beat against his skin.

The boy's face is filled with horror, his mouth opened in a silent scream. Warm blood pours from his chest, staining the floor bright red.

"See you in your next life, boy. I hope you have a better life," Karma speaks softly. "But if you still have an unfair life, you are welcome to join our side. Azarios is not the only God. So, once you've made your decision, just come to me. I'll grant your heart's desire." He seals his fist around the boy's heart and crushes it, ending the life he despises.

"Master Karma," Nero greets as Karma steps out of the wooden house.

Karma glances at him. "Where's Loki?"

Akiva leans against a lamppost, arms folded. "That damn guy has disappeared yet again, Master Karma."

Nero sighs and runs his hand through his raven hair. He reaches inside his brown trenchcoat for something and hands it to Karma.

"An artifact, I see." Karma looks down at the silver cross anklet that gleams on his bloody palm.

"That's from Chaos," Akiva says, brushing silver strands of hair off his shoulder.

"Tallulah is dead," Nero declares, a shadow of anger casting over his face. "Aragons killed her."

Karma's expression remains unchanged. Of course, he already knows that; he felt her presence disappeared not long ago, like an electric shock that brushed past his chest for a brief moment.

A Blood Demon was killed.

Akiva stuffs his hands into the pockets of his pants, his jade eyes gleaming with rage. "It can't be helped. Chaos said that she fought four of them."

Karma crushes the anklet with his hand, its shattered remains flickering like silver embers as they fall to the ground, anger pulsing through his veins.

"We'll avenge our family, my dear disciples," Karma says in a calm voice, almost emotionless. "The disciples of Azarios have no idea what they're doing. Well, what can you expect from a god who is still blind from a huge mistake he made a long time ago? And we're here to clean up his mess." He sweeps his gaze over the two Blood Demons. "Hunt down the remaining artifacts and eliminate those who stand in your way. Destroy my brother's seals. We need to take care of those so-called saviors before he comes back."

He pauses and lifts his head, looking up at the dark sky. "Those Aragons are foolish. They are oblivious to the real threat. The Death is on its way back, and that's what we're attempting to prevent. We will be the ones to keep this world from becoming the Reaper's kingdom. That is why we must taint souls to ensure their safety."

They may lose their humanity, but their souls will be spared from becoming Death's puppets.

The image of the Reaper on the verge of death proclaiming his final words is still fresh in Karma's mind. That was the precise moment he turned against the Light and sided with the Darkness. No one listened to him, only Yuta. And he decided to give up his innocence for the sake of the world he loves. Then he realized that darkness is beautiful and amazing, and that the rest of the world should know it as well. For it is the darkness that will keep them from succumbing to Death's clutches.

Azarios granted a second chance to the Angel of Death but not to the Guardian Angel - my beloved Genesis.

That was his mistake.

END OF VOLUME ONE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 161 32
*COMPLETED STORY* #14 in precognition Can introverted Georgia break out of her shell? New school? New state? "We all thought she was crazy.....it lo...
9K 793 51
(Complete) It's a shitstorm of fuckery where the good is good but also bad. The bad is bad but also... good? Follow Valery who is on the quest for t...
34.7K 3.1K 28
Unjustly accused of murder, the Demon of Wrath joins forces with the Archangel of Justice to find the true culprit. ____ Sannarah lives from one dead...
1K 70 83
The world as we know it has come to an end... The human race has fallen to its dismay... There's zero hope of survival... The only sound that is comm...