Sailing With Destiny

By Bookworm_Tina

"Do you have any idea how damn frustrating you are?" He trapped me between him and the wall. Stubbornly, I l... More

Preface
Paris
Pont des Arts
Monte Carlo
Sumptuous Repast
BlackJack
St Tropez
Friend or Foe
Provoke
Morning Coffee
Portofino
Kayak
Kiss it Better
Tuscany
Off-route: London
Brotherly Things
The Marino's
Frustration
Corsica
Cherry
Ibiza
A Night in Ibiza
Costa Blanca
Cupcakes
CumpleaƱos
Fiesta
Old Wounds
Homebound
Vacation Over
New York
Petty
Class Day
Celebrate
Priorities
A Magical Day
I Hate My Birthday
Intern
Millie Bee
Summit
That Escalated
Ego
Liquid Courage
Predicament
Corporate Sexy
Dinner at Dad's 2.0
Anti-Mila
Voice of Reason
Fragile
Talk To Me
A Little Better
Not What You Need
Revelation And Secrets
Forgive Me?
Space
The Night Begins
Can The Night End Already
I don't Know You Anymore
He's Still My Friend
I Got You, Always
Wedding Date
Friends
The Calm
Before
The Storm
I Promise
I Hate Halloween
Best Friend or Girlfriend?
Decisions, Decisions
I Can't Live Without You
I Will Survive
Nostalgic
Holiday Surprises
I Trusted You
I Trusted You Too
A Mental Maze
Always
Mark My Words
Call It Destiny

Bubbles and Beer

933 47 168
By Bookworm_Tina

Mitch: It's after one PM and you're still in bed? Have you even eaten?

I rolled my eyes as I read over Mitchell's text message – we were apart for less than twenty-four hours and he was already paranoid. Even though Mitchell was three hours behind, he still ended texting me good morning first and I only replied about three hours later because I couldn't wake up. Mandy knocked on my door before she left for work to tell me she left my breakfast in the microwave, I acknowledged her words but wasn't sure if I actually replied or just said thank you in my head.

Typically, Mitchell was ready to lecture me about taking care of myself but it was one day and I was still jet-lagged. I let out a yawn, rubbed my eyes, and sat up against the headboard before I typed a reply. 

Me: Jealous I'm on the bed instead of you?

Mitch: I'm not kidding. Eat something and then you can sleep as much as you want.

Me: Okay... Daddy.

Mitch: I just said I'm not kidding... and you're not funny.

It was so easy to get Mitchell worked up, I imagined how annoyed he probably looked with a clenched jaw, pursed lips, and a hard glare. A small smile grew on my lips just thinking about him, I eventually dragged my lazy ass out of bed, stretched, and took my phone with me to the bathroom.

When Dad had my room designed, I was pretty young but he took Dad's princess a little too literally and my bathroom was proof. The color scheme was rose quartz marble with white accents and all the plumbing was rose gold with a large copper tub to match. 

I rested my phone on the counter while I peed and after I washed my hands and smeared toothpaste on my brush, I picked up the phone. 

Me: Don't let that office fool you, you can't boss me around and you know it :)

I put on some music before I started brushing my teeth. Mitchell took some time to reply so I assumed he got busy with work. I switched off the electric toothbrush, dropped it on the counter, and rinsed my mouth before I proceeded with my morning skincare regime.

As I picked up the cleanser, I glanced at the toothbrush and an idea hit me. A mischief grin grew over my lips as I took a picture of the brush. I sent it to Mitchell with a question as a caption. 

Me: For research purposes, which do you think would be a better pleasure tool, this or the hand shower?

I hit send and hoped it would've gotten prude Bitchell's panties in a knot, messing with him was one of my most favorite pastimes. After I washed my face, I walked over to the tub and opened the faucet to fill it. I looked through the different bath salts and opted for a lavender-scented one.

The tub filled and after turning off the water, I pulled Mitchell's shirt over my head, and just as I was about to get rid of my underwear, my phone vibrated. 

"Impeccable timing," I muttered to myself when Mitchell's name flashed on my screen.

Mitch: It's bad manners to play with what doesn't belong to you.

I dropped the phone aside and added some bubble bath to the hot water. Once there were enough bubbles in the water and the aroma mixed with lavender bath salts greeted me, I stripped completely and got in. 

I moaned in delight as the hot water comforted my tired muscles and lowered myself into the tub. I took a minute to enjoy the moment before I grabbed my phone and typed a reply to Mitchell. 

Me: The last I checked the toothbrush and hand shower belong to me.

Mitch: I'm talking about you and where you want to use those things.

Me: Self-love is the highest form there is.

Mitch: Of course, but what's the point if you'll be thinking of me and all the things I'd do to you while... loving yourself.

Cocky ass! He's right but doesn't need to know that. 

Me: Oh? At least now I know I was on your mind this morning in the shower.

Mitch: Just your mouth, baby.

My brows raised and the smile on my face grew wider, Mitchell had gotten bolder and I only had me to blame for it. I imagined him in his big office with the LA skyline behind his desk, looking drool-worthy in a suit with that stern Bitchell look on his face and his mind stuck on me. 

Me: Only in your fantasy can you imagine me putting minuscule objects in my mouth.

Mitch: Loving that smartass mouth, just bear in mind that I have a memory of an elephant and I will collect my dues... soon. 

Me: Memory of an elephant, dick of a mouse.

Mitch: Keep going...
Mitch: Seriously, tell me you're eating now.

I rolled my eyes at his insistence on eating, Mitchell knew I never turned down food, I loved it but when it came down to eating and sleeping, sleep always sat on the winning side. 

I typed out a reply but stopped midway when a thought came to mind, I deleted the reply and instead clicked on the camera icon. I turned a little to my side in the tub, lifted my legs, and propped one foot against the edge. I propped the opposite leg over the other and gathered bubbles around my body so all the parts that needed to be covered were and only my thighs to calves were exposed. 

I clicked a few pictures until I got the perfect angle that appeared sexy but also innocent and was enough to get Bitchell Junior a little excited. I sent the picture and typed a small caption with it. 

Me: Thought I'll have a little me-time first...

Mitchell immediately opened the message and it remained on read for a long moment, he didn't even type a response or react to the message – it was dead silent. I grew a little anxious and wondered if maybe I went a little overboard and Mitchell wasn't into sharing pictures like that, I'd never done anything like this before with Mitchell or anyone else. 

My heart raced as my fingers lingered over the keypad but I didn't know what to say without sounding pathetic. A whole two minutes passed and it felt like two freaking days, I took in a breath and assumed he got busy, I was about to put my phone down when the three dots danced on the screen. I let out a huge breath of relief but my stomach knotted when those dots danced for way too long and no reply came. 

Come on, I don't need an essay!

The dots suddenly disappeared and I frowned, Mitchell stopped typing and there was no reaction at all. I grew a little annoyed and wondered what the hell went through his head, I aimed to get his small head worked up but it seemed I got through to his cerebrum instead. 

I wasn't sure if I felt stupid, embarrassed, or rejected but I didn't want to think too much into it, Mitchell was at work and he could've gotten busy. I exited our chat and thought I'd finish up my bath because my stomach grumbled for food. 

As I was about to put my phone aside, Mitchell's name flashed on the screen and instead of a text, I had an incoming FaceTime call. I was caught a little off guard; I expected a text but he took it two steps further and opted for a video chat. 

I quickly gathered bubbles around my chest so at least my nipples were covered before I slid my finger across the screen and Mitchell's face appeared. 

"Well, this is a surp–"

"Shh," Mitchell cut me off midway. "Let me admire you in silence for a moment before you ruin it by saying something silly and inappropriate."

Eh, perdón cabrón?

If I was fair to Mitchell, I completely understood what he meant because I was well... me. But he still had no right to call me out like that and even though I wasn't mad or annoyed, it irked my ego a smidge.

"For a preacher of manners, you sure are ru-"

"Mila please," Mitchell cut me off again. "Just be quiet for a minute."

He looked pretty desperate and by the way he almost reached for the screen, I could tell he felt a moment of desperation because he couldn't reach over and silence me as he normally would. 

Out of pity, I kept my mouth zipped and used the moment to admire him. He sat at his desk and I caught a glimpse of the view behind him but that was the last thing I wanted to look at. I always admired Mitchell when he cleaned up and there was something very attractive about him in a suit. 

He had on a tailored white button-down shirt and a navy tie, he leaned back against his chair, and with his eyes fixated on me, he mindlessly rubbed over the stubble around his jaw. I was used to Mitchell's unkempt hair but for work, he sure remembered what a hairbrush was and kept his hair neatly combed backward which made his eyes stand out even more. 

My boy looks good!

Mitchell's eyes drank in almost every inch of me that was visible on the screen, his eyes wandered and when he was done, he lifted his gaze to meet mine. He mindlessly ran his tongue over his bottom lip, gulped, and stared at me for a moment longer.

"Are you done eye fucking me?" I arched a brow.

"Not quite," he shamelessly replied and with his finger, he gestured for me to lower the phone, "lower your camera a little."

My eyes widened and I choked, "Perdóneme?"

"So dramatic," Mitchell drawled with a threatening smirk. "You started this game when you sent that very... provocative picture."

"It was just my legs," I rolled my eyes.

"While you're wet," he cheekily hit back. "And you're a smart girl, you know how I feel about your legs."

"How convenient," I smacked my lips. "You've forgotten about forcing me to eat and now your mind is only fixed on –"

"Eating you," Mitchell softly said and I didn't miss the way his eyes lowered. "Don't get me wrong, I still want you to get food in your stomach but –"

"All you can think about is getting that guy between your legs in me?" I cut him off with an arched brow. 

"Hmm," Mitchell merely hummed as he stared at me with desire. "What I'd do to be there with you right now..." he muttered under his breath.

"What's stopping you?" I questioned in a sultry voice and slowly lowered the camera so he got a view of the swell of my breasts.

Mitchell ran a hand over his face, "if I didn't have work obligations, I'd be there in a heartb..." he trailed off when he caught sight of the screen. "Oh fuck!" He whispered under his breath.

I bit on my bottom lip and lifted the camera to stare at him from beneath my lashes. "You were saying?"

Mitchell shook his head and loosened the tie around his neck slightly. "You little tease, you know exactly what you're doing."

I half shrugged and blinked innocently, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Sure, you don't," Mitchell half smirked. His eyes lingered for a moment before he hoarsely said, "you're so fucking beautiful."

I brought my free hand to my neck and massaged over the damp skin, smearing over some of the soapy foam. "Perhaps but right now all I can focus on is how... tired and tense my muscles feel."

I rubbed from my neck down over my clavicle and slowly lowered my hand to the swell of my breast. Mitchell's eyes fixated on my every move and I suppressed a smug grin when I noticed him gulp. 

"You're making this distance thing very hard," Mitchell muttered. 

"Quite literally, I bet."

Mitchell deeply sighed and a soft chuckle escaped his lips as he quickly glanced down and then back at me. "Yeah."

I decided to stop torturing him by removing my hand and placed it down. I lifted the camera so he only had a view of my face.

"Hey, why'd you do that?" Mitchell protested.

"I needed to stop or you'd fall into my booby trap," I snickered.

"Booby trap huh?" Mitchell laughed and sighed deeply. "I think I might've already, just looking at you is driving me insane."

I felt bad for seducing him, I knew that if it was possible, he'd never leave my side. Now, I not only was the reason for his frustration of being apart but also his sexual frustration. I rolled my bottom lip inward and looked at him sheepishly, "I'm sorry, maybe texting and this call was a bad idea."

"Don't be ridiculous," Mitchell furrowed his brows. "Talking to you is never a bad idea."

I smiled sincerely and took in a deep breath, the pervert in Mitchell dropped his eyes to my chest and I didn't miss how his pupils dilated as my chest raised and sunk. "You're killing me here, Mila!"

"This time I'm innocent, you perv!" I laughed and gathered more bubbles around me.

"I'm not a pervert for staring at what's mine," Mitchell cheekily retorted. 

"No, but you are for getting a chubby at the office," I countered. "Where you work with your dad!"

Mitchell shamelessly shrugged and smirked. "We don't share workspace; I have an office of my own."

"Fine, if you insist, I'll hang up so you can rub one down," I sighed and shook my head with feigned disappointment.

Mitchell's eyes widened, "I didn't mean that. Although..." he trailed off and a smirk grew over his lips. "You're in the privacy of your bathroom, so if you want to try out the hand shower, I don't mind watching."

My cheeks immediately warmed and my eyes bulged out of their sockets. "You really are a pervert!" I scolded and blushed furiously at the mental image of doing that in front of him.

"I learn from the best, baby," he winked and I admired the dimples on each of his cheeks as he wholeheartedly laughed.  "Besides it wouldn't be the first time I watched you... touch yourself."

"Stop," I furiously blushed. "It's only cute when I make things dirty."

"Getting you to blush is one of my favorite things."

I couldn't stop myself from smiling as I watched him laugh but with that, my chest tightened because he was so far away.

"Fuck, I miss you," Mitchell breathed after his laughter died down. "What have you done to me, Milo?"

"Don't blame me, your balls are talk-"

"Mitch," A voice I recognized as Mason's entered Mitchell's office and Mitchell's phone almost slipped from his hand. "We're waiting for you in the boardroom. What's taking you so long?"

"D-dad, um, yeah, I'll be there in a minute," Mitchell blurted and I bit the inside of my cheeks to stop myself from laughing at the mental image of his flustered state. 

"Two minutes or we're starting without you," Mason spoke sternly. "Are you talking to Mila?" Mason's tone swiftly changed.

"Hmm? Yeah, I, uh, we were just finishing up," Mitchell mumbled and I facepalmed myself from how wrong that sound. 

Such an idiot!

"I mean," Mitchell cleared his throat. "We were just about to hang up."

Mitchell lifted his phone and I suppressed my laughter when I took in how pale he looked. He didn't look my way and instead at the direction, I presumed his father stood. 

"You don't mind if I say hi then," Mason said and it was my turn to be horrorstruck – I did not want Mason to see me naked in a tub.

"No!" Mitchell said a little too loudly and I froze, unsure what to do. "I-I mean, she's in a rush. I'll tell her you said hi."

"Alright," Mason drawled and I knew Mason was smart enough to understand what the nature of our call might've been. Mason cleared his throat, "If you need a moment longer, you can sit this meeting out."

"No, no, I'll be there," Mitchell insisted and I could tell he was embarrassed and flustered. "See you in a minute, Dad."

I heard Mitchell's office door shut and he let out a huge breath when he looked at the camera again. "Even though you're well over a thousand miles away, you still play a role in making things awkward with my dad."

"Three years of law school and you still can't choose your words properly," I tutted and shook my head. 

Mitchell glowered as he huffed through his lips and combed his fingers through his hair. "He just walked in without knocking and you're sitting in front of me naked, I panicked, alright!"

"Uh-huh," I drawled and laughed. 

"Had your fun?" Mitchell sounded serious but I heard the amusement as an undertone.

"Not nearly enough but go on before Mason really thinks you're cock-a-doodle-doo'ing with your –"

"I'll call you later," Mitchell brusquely cut me off. "Make sure you get something to eat. I love you."

"Ew," I crinkled my nose. I opened my mouth to say it back but the call cut, I stared at the blank screen for a moment and sighed. "I love you too," I whispered under my breath. 

So begins our long-distance relationship.

***

"Yes!" I cheered and did a little happy dance. "I beat you again!"

"You just got lucky...three times in a row," Leo bitterly mumbled.

"You call it luck, I call it skill," I smugly threw my hair over my shoulder.

"Whatever," Leo rolled his eyes and shoved my face with his large palm.

"Aww does the sore loser wanna go another round?" I pouted and shoved him back.

"Nah, I'm thirsty, let's head over to our table," Leo replied and without waiting for a response he led the way.

I followed Leo out of the bar section of the Bar and Grill we were at. It was a frequent place we visited back when both of us lived in Long Island. Later that afternoon, I was surprised when Leo called and apologized for the delay in getting back to me, after a little convincing and small talk, Leo agreed to meet me. 

The place reminded me of home and was a nice change from the five-star restaurants I visited with Mitchell in Europe. The aesthetic was a mixture of old, iconic New York with wooden paneled walls, a ceiling to match, and deep, mahogany wooden tables with a horseshoe bar, and classic Irish with intimate, leather green booths for dining. 

I took a seat and Leo waved over a waiter to bring over another round of drinks. The service was excellent and a lot of the staff knew Leo so we didn't wait long before a mug of beer and a plate with a large burger and fries was placed in front of Leo. I craved cheesy, jalapeño fries and thought I'd chance it and have one beer too.

"Mmm," I shut my eyes enjoyed the taste of wholesome, American fries coated in extra cheese. "I missed this."

"Sure beats ant-sized food, served with a leaf and placed on a line of some presumed delectable sauce, eh?" Leo grinned as he took a sip of beer. "Label it as gourmet, charge a million dollars a plate and you're making millions feeding the rich."

I furrowed my brows and tried to understand what Leo meant. "Um, are you indirectly insulting me?"

"No, no, of course not," Leo responded. "I'm Italian, I like my meals hearty and large, like this burger."

"I don't know what you assume but I didn't only eat gourmet meals on my trip, we ate a lot of different things at different places," I elaborated. I popped a fry in my mouth and appreciated the cheesy, carb-filled goodness, "but sometimes, a girl needs some grease."

"Cheers to that," Leo grinned and picked up his beer mug. 

I lifted my glass, clinked it against his, and took a sip. We exchanged small talk for a little while but it felt as if I forced too much of the conversation. It was weird because conversation flowed freely between us before but for some reason, I felt Leo was a little...distant.

"Does Mitchell know you're here tonight?" Leo asked.

"Yeah."

"And was he okay with it?" 

"I informed Mitchell that I was meeting you, I don't find the need to seek Mitchell's or anyone's permission to do anything," I clarified. "And Mitch doesn't expect that of me either."

"I didn't mean it that way," Leo muttered. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed, "I think I had one too many drinks, I'm sorry if I offended you."

"Now you're offending me," I wanted to reach over and smack him. "Why are you being so formal and... weird?"

"Weird?" Leo raised a brow.

"Yes, weird," I stated. "It's like there's this line you've drawn in the middle, you speak so formally, you flinch if I'm near you, and you avoid any kind of eye contact."

"Is it because of what Abuela said back in Costa Blanca?" I softly asked. "If that's the case, you should know that Papa and Mitch went to the hotel to look for you the next day because Abuela wanted to apologize and fix things."

"I know," Leo muttered and lowered his gaze. "Not about Nonno and Mitch coming to look for me but I know she wanted to apologize."

"You talked to her?" Surprise etched in my tone because neither Abuela nor Leo mentioned it. 

"Yeah, I called her back shortly after I landed," Leo replied. "She apologized, told me you filled her in on everything, and then she yelled and cursed at me for leaving without a word."

I softly laughed. "And that's when you knew she was your Nonna again."

"Yep," Leo boyishly grinned. "I didn't want an apology or explanation, all I needed was for her to call me a pendego and some other derogatory things and I was happy."

I smiled but my heart sank when I recalled how sad Leo was when he left. Leo never held a grudge and always forgave easily but even though he did a good job at hiding his feelings, I could tell it hurt him.

"I'm sorry," I earnestly said. "Because of me, Abuela said an awful thing to you. I should've come clean about this long back but..."

"No, there's nothing to apologize for," Leo said with a small smile, I noticed his hand twitch on the table as if to reach over and place it over mine but he kept it in place. "I will be there for you again in a heartbeat if you need me to, you know that. Raquel had no business to open her mouth and share your personal affairs with everyone out in the open like that."

Leo clenched his jaw and I could tell the mere memory of Raquel still irked him. "Anyway," he exhaled and his features softened. "I'm just glad everything is fine now."

"Yeah," I offered a small grin. "I told you I'd clear everything up but in typical Leo fashion you bolted."

Leo pursed his lips and scratched the back of his head as he looked at me sheepishly. "I'm sorry about that, I didn't know how to face your grandparents again."

He took in a breath before a large gulp of beer. "I can't help but feel Nonna was right, in a way, I did take advantage of you and your vulnerable state." Leo took another sip, licked his lips, and stared at me with what appeared to be remorse. "I mean...you were barely even eighteen and I..."

"We mutually consented," I pointed out. "You didn't take advantage of me in any way." I lowered my gaze and took in a breath, "besides if you weren't there for me that summer, I don't know what would've become of me."

Silence lingered between us for a long moment, I didn't know what went through Leo's head but his behavior began to worry me a little – he seemed to be gradually pulling away and I didn't like it. 

"Anyway, leave the past in the past," Leo broke the silence with a lighthearted tone. "Everything worked out alright in the end, you're here and..." he paused and a sincere smile brightened his features. "And you're happy in what seems like forever, that alone makes me happy."

"I'm just sorry you had to talk and relive that awful time in your life," Leo added with a soft gaze and tone. "I would've said something but it wasn't my place and I promised you I'd never talk about it until you wanted to."

"I know and I appreciate you and all that you've done and continue to do for me," I smiled and extended my hand to place over Leo's but he made as if he didn't notice and quickly grabbed the beer mug. A small frown grew on my forehead as I slowly pulled my hand back.

"Are we... good?" I couldn't help but ask.

Leo almost choked on his drink, he coughed and placed the mug on the table. "Pardon?" He searched my features with a look of confusion on his face, "I'm Leo, not Mitchell."

I rolled my eyes, "I know who you are but I can't deny that you're a little different."

Leo lifted a spoon off the table and raked his fingers through his hair as he checked himself out. "I'm still the same handsome devil I was the last I checked in the mirror."

I looked at him in dismay. "You're hilarious."

Leo smugly grinned. "Handsome, smart, funny, charming... the list is endless I know."

"Pulling away from your childhood friend and isolating her too," I added in the same tone as he.

Leo's grin dropped and he nonchalantly stared at me for a long moment. "Mils..." he trailed off and took in a deep breath. "You're still my crazy best friend from next door but it's a little weird being with you now."

I noticed. 

"Why?"

"Because..." Leo used hand gestures as he spoke, "you're in a committed relationship and not just with any guy but Mitchell who..." he exhaled, "How can I put this politely?" He muttered to himself before he carried on, "Mitchell is intense, I doubt he'd hesitated for a second to snap my neck if he felt I was a little too... friendly with you."

"You're my friend," I pointed out.

"You know what I mean," Leo rolled his eyes. He threw back the rest of his beer, dropped the mug on the table, and gestured to the waiter to bring another. "I can't even call you Amore because it feels like something only he has a right to do."

I couldn't believe what I heard, I understood that Mitchell came off as a little uptight, stern, and possibly intimidating but he respected my relationship with Leo and understood what he meant to me. "Not once has Mitch ever said anything about cutting ties with you so I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Mitch knows the role you play in my life and he respects that."

"And I know the role he plays in your life and I respect that by putting up boundaries," Leo countered. "You're my best friend no doubt but we also shared an... intimate relationship at one stage and as a guy, I can guess it still plays on Mitchell's mind when I'm around you."

"The things Raquel said probably drove him insane that night," Leo added. "No sane man in love with a woman would want to hear such detailed things about their partner's past."

"Mitchell accepts me as I am, he knows everything about me and loves me the same regardless," I proudly said. "Besides, don't you think you're overthinking this? Mitch knows that the couple of times we hooked up didn't mean anything deep and that we put our friendship above everything else." Leo's face turned nonchalant and he pursed his lips as I continued, "It's not like we were ever in love with each other."

Leo remained silent for a long moment; he wore no expression so I had no idea what went through his head. He eventually took in a breath and grinned. "You're right, I am overthinking it. I guess I'm just not used to sharing my Chubbles and it'll take time to get used to."

I was relieved to hear that but more so that he referred to me as Chubbles. "I don't want to lose you, Leo," I said earnestly. "There are only a handful of people I can call mine; I do not want to make that circle smaller."

Leo sighed and rolled his eyes. "Now you're overthinking it." Leo stretched his arms in surrender, "I'm here, aren't I? Give me a little time and I'll start annoying you again."

"You always annoy me," I teased. 

"Good because no one is a bigger pain in the ass than you," Leo hit back. "You deserve a taste of your own medicine."

"Rude!" I narrowed my eyes. 

Leo chuckled and another beer was placed in front of him, he took a large sip before he earnestly said, "Mitchell has his flaws but the guy loves you, I admire how he stood up for you back at your grandparent's place and he did it respectfully too."

"He's good for you," Leo grinned. "It makes me feel pathetically warm and fuzzy to see someone care so deeply for you. It's reassuring to know you found your someone who'll always have your back."

I couldn't' stop myself from smiling because Leo was right, Mitchell was my person and he made me more than happy. "I hope you find that too, I want you to be happy Leo because you deserve it more than anyone."

"What are you talking about?" Leo scoffed. "I am happy and very content in my life."

"Yeah, but it wouldn't be a bad thing to find your person," I said.

"That person doesn't always have to be romantic, I have many people I can turn to and whom I trust will always have my back," Leo casually said. "You're one of them."

I smiled but somehow, felt something was amiss about Leo. Firstly, I noticed he drank way more than I'd ever seen before and his smiles seemed forced, for some reason I felt something was going on with him and he didn't want to tell me. 

"You're a major pain in the ass but I'm always here, you know that," I assured him. "Remember you can come to me with anything, minor or petty or serious, I'm going to be here for you."

"Who are you and what have you done with Mila?" Leo looked at me obscurely. "Since when do you get so emotional?"

"I'm serious, Leonardo," I sternly said. 

"I know Mila," Leo sarcastically mimicked my tone. "It goes without being said, there's no need for you to tell me."

"Just a reminder, so if something was wrong, you'll know you can share it with me," I stared at him seriously.

"Actually, there is something wrong," Leo's tone and face went so serious I felt a chill go down my spine. "The thing is I'm dying."

I froze and my surroundings became a blur as those two last words played in my mind on a loop. "What?" I breathed. 

Leo dramatically sighed. "I am dying of two things," he lifted two fingers. "One out of embarrassment because you beat me thrice at darts and secondly, I'm dying to beat your ass to restore my ego."

I let out the biggest breath of relief, glared at him, and looked for the first thing I could toss his way. I picked up a fry and threw it at him but he ducked and it pathetically landed on the table. "You are not funny!" I furiously said between gritted teeth and gripped the salt shaker to toss at him. "Scare me again and I will..." I trailed off and groaned under my breath.

Leo laughed and put up his hands defensively. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, that was an asshole thing to say." 

I huffed and looked away from him, I should've known better than to believe the asshole. "Hey," Leo got out of his chair and made his way over, he kneeled beside my chair and looked up at me. "Mila," he spoke softly but I refused to look at him. "I'm sorry, slap me if you want, that was very insensitive of me."

I curled my fingers into a fist and punched his shoulder. Leo flinched and dramatically hissed in pain. "Not that hard!"

"You deserve a harder punch!" I glared at him.

Leo grinned and looked at me apologetically. "You're not getting rid of me anytime soon so quit overthinking and being a weirdo."

"I hate you," I bitterly mumbled. 

"No, you don't, I'm Leo, it's impossible to hate me," he cockily teased. He offered me a hand, "Let's have another round so I can kill your ego or I'm going to be a sour puss all evening."

I huffed but was glad that he was somewhat himself. I placed my hand in his palm and stood up. "Say shit like that again and I'll stab you in the eye with a dart."

"Your job is to stitch people up not break them," Leo shook his head. "What is wrong with you, Dr. Mila?" 

"Shut up," I elbowed him and with a chuckle, Leo tossed an arm around my shoulder, and together we made our way to play another round of darts.

A/N I meant to update sooner but my dog I had for over a decade passed away this week and I didn't have the mindset or heart to complete the chapter.
I also struggled with humour in this chapter but I hope I got you guys to smile at least once.

Thank you for reading and supporting this story, it means the world! I'm gonna reply to comments from the last chapter ASAP.

Love you guys,
Till then,
Tina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 218 54
"Listen I know we've been flirting and shit but that doesn't mean I like you, okay" I cross my arms again and slightly smirk. He smirks down at me an...
12.2M 394K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
104K 1.7K 54
"I try so hard to be just friends but you sure don't make it easy." He averts his gaze from mine, and I wish he'd just look me in the face. "I don't...
167 48 34
(under editing, interested ones may reach out to me) In the symphony of love, their melodies intertwined, yet fate's chorus whispered no promise of f...