The Queen's Duplicate [USUK]

By ElaineChism

'I have no need for you, I simply desire your King.' King and Queen of Spades, Alfred and Arthur, live th... More

Wonted
Words of Solitude
Don't Worry
Accident
Invitation
Expenses
Relaxation and Causation
Arrival of Anticipation
Honesty
Explanation
Commence
The Plan
Belief
Start of a Journey
Reunion
Together at Last
Caught the King
Trapped King
Evaluation
Presided King
My Darling
Surface Once More
Tribulation
Ready to Start
Knock Off
Superficial Exterior
Proceed Again
Switch Saviours
Not Like Other Kingdoms

Anguish

6 0 0
By ElaineChism

Chapter 15

      Awakening must have been a fate worse than death, that was far from reassured as he opened his eyes, a nauseating headache overcoming his senses, the rest of his body screaming from the impact taken upon the plight to regain his power, the pain experienced with each breath notified him that he had cracked a rib or two, lucky that the bone hadn't pierced a lung or his heart. Any other pain felt was not yet able to be brought to the surface, as his ribs took the majority of the signals being transmitted to his mind, and if anything else was broken they were overshadowed. Moving his eye's, figuring out in little to no time that any movement of his body caused excruciating pain, he found his wedding band still intact, along with deep red cuts around his wrists from where the cuffs had been.

     Inhaling, a shock sent through him worse than touching a hot stone, causing his eye's to water as he grit his teeth. The only distinguishable change with his location was how he now lay on the floor, specifically on his broken ribs, the other hadn't bothered to move him which typically Arthur should have been grateful; however, in this situation where he felt death was standing over head his cries seeped through, fighting to lift himself as joints cracked. How long had he been sprawled out on the floor?

      It must have taken a few minutes, but with each move he swore the chance of faint was dawning closer, his had light and almost unable to make out any patterns. Falling down into a corner, he took his time with slowing his breathing, dragging the purple coat off, using it as a blanket of sorts. Breathing rapidly, his heart was going at an inadequate pacing there was no doubt that the plan would be placed on standstill for the time being, he had to work on healing his body and due to this place draining him of any source it would take time, hopefully not any longer than a week. He had to get out of here, for whatever reason the other wanted him and Alfred, specifically Alfred, and the mere thought of the other trying his mind game's on his husband sent a metallic taste on his tongue.

      His mind wandered once again, he was finding it so easy to let it freely roam his memories, constantly being in a state of sorrow, looking back to any of the good memories which mostly meant the two years after he was crowned, often looping back to the day he had fallen for the other as they lay breathless on the floor from the chase. Today, he supposed, his mind settled on a different day: their wedding day, it had been held in the late afternoon during the winter, Alfred having caved into Arthur's pleas to have a winter wedding. The level of persuasion he had to do after their engagement, Alfred insistent on a summer or fall date, telling the other that holding it during the colder months was too dangerous only to give in one night. Spectators from different Kingdom's had called it the most gorgeous wedding they had seen, and who was Arthur to deny having been blown away when he was walked down the alter.

      Snow was falling in a light haze, Alfred refusing to spoil the moment by looking at Arthur, maintaining his posture as his hands remained folded to his back. Dressed in a dark blue suit with gold accents, the tails of the other's coat was made up of golden embroidery, a white rose boutonnières exactly like the one Arthur adorned. His suit being a dark velvet purple, his coat falling more to his feet with golden Spade's signifying his loyalty to his Kingdom and position. The snow falling onto Alfred made him radiant, and when Arthur finally faced him he saw how the other wasn't wearing his glasses, with the King's crown being atop his head. The sunshine he had always craved standing in snowfall, still managing to outshine everything. When they were finally able to make their way into the ballroom and have their couple's dance, Alfred had taken the lead and that was the day Arthur knew what being free felt like, never had someone held him in such a way during a dance. With each twirl he didn't feel any restrain, it came so naturally, with Alfred often sneaking in a few kisses throughout the dance when they were close, whispering small confessions to the other of his adoration for him.

      The memory made his heart beat at a rapid pace, the mere thought of that day always sent him into a flurry of emotions, typically one's that sent him into a dopamine high, and yet here he lay tears strolling down his cheeks. Despite his dehydration the mere thought of never seeing Alfred was enough to force his body to compensate, the pain was agonizing a hole torn where his heart should have been, pulsating and empty as a well with no water sitting at it's bottom. That smile he had grown so accustomed too, sky blue eyes lighting up when he noticed the other, how paintings could never capture his beauty, and the sun acting as a fraud, merely an imitation around him. His body shook, heart-wrenching sobs leaving as his head hit the wall, unable to conceal the sounds that left his mouth. More than anything, he wanted to be at the other's end, to hold his hand one more time surrounded by his warmth and despite the night that shrouded them Alfred still managing to light up a room with his mere presence.

     For the other, it had been quite a marvelous show, watching the other fiddle with his wedding band before breaking in half, covering his face with his hands to repress any sound. Oh, how easy this was to witness and the joy was never ending, hearing each sound made his heart light up.

     Taking his time to reach the cell he slumped against the wall, hearing how the other was now calming down. How lovely it would be for him to become the cause of the others pain, to know he was the one to set the other into such a state. It always starts with the physical health, then it leads to mental until they snap, "Oh, dear Queen of Spades~" He sung.

     Arthur bit his tongue at the other's voice, taking a breathe he collected himself, "Whatever you desire believe me, I won't give into your tricks."

     Silence didn't last long before he heard the other's voice, "Oh, tricks? No, no, I came to relay information!"

     Dread filled every crevice of his mind, no, it's not possible, "Clearly information I have no use of." Arthur spat back, having to take a breath to contain any obvious noise of his state.

     "I do believe you'll love to hear this!"

     "Highly doubt it. What it is you vermin? ransom."

     The laugh echoed through, Arthur's headache increasing along with the sickening feeling, "My dear King is edging closer into my territory."

      At first his mind refused to comprehend what the other had meant, hadn't there been some sort-of confirmation that the other didn't have a King? Then he realized, the acid in his stomach bubbling and the urgency to vomit apparent. His eye's stung, "No-" He choked on his own voice, words disobeying him.

      "Oh yes! How I can't await for when my beloved arrives." He cheered, exiting the room as it was filled with a broken scream from Arthur, who had long forgotten about the broken ribs, taken over with pure rage and misery, yelling curses and apologies until they would die down an hour later, when his body would fail him, leaving him clutching onto his wedding ring and silently weeping, having torn his own voice to shreds.

. . .

      If there was one emotion Alfred hadn't expected to feel through this entire journey it was sheer agitation, currently seated at a table with Francis who must have smoked more than his body could handle based off his apparel, Ivan laying asleep. If Arthur would have been placed into such a moment, he could see the other threatening to rip the Diamond King's windpipe out, smashing all of his toes before waltzing off. Alas, he was not Arthur, therefore having to contain his anger despite the way his hands flexed each time the other would break out into a random spew.

      Taking to his feet he pulled out from the chair, "If you're not going to be any help in finding my Queen then I'm leaving!"

     Silence sunk around him now, the other's purple eye's widening, "You mean the Queen?"

     Swinging on his heel he cocked his head to the side, "No! My parrot." He deadpanned in the most sarcastic fashion he could muster, never letting emotion slide onto his face, "Yes, I'm talking about my Queen." He said, clasping onto his left hand to show off his own wedding band for a quick second, "I wouldn't have wasted my time had I of not hoped for an answer. You could have told me you knew nothing rather than stalling-" His outburst was cut short but the other cutting in.

     "Follow until the peak of your fears." He spoke, his voice slightly breaking.

      His brows furrowed as he displayed pure confusion, "What does that even mean? Oh- you know what: forget it!" With that he left the other, past the hedges and back down the road.

      This was leading him nowhere, every path a different way with no comfort in a clearing distance. There was no chance of giving in, yet here he was on the verge of breaking. This all felt hopeless, was he walking circles or drifting off into madness.

      "What causes you to be so distraught? The knowledge you'll never reach while on both your feet?"

      Looking up from his hands he wiped a few tears away, seeing Feliciano once more. Far too astounded to speak as he looked up to the other, who quirked his head to the side and gave off that oh so innocent smile to Alfred. Laying back he hung from the branch by only his calves, "I would go left if the Queen is who you seek."

      Before Alfred could utter a single word the other disappeared, "I could've sworn he was still in the ICU." Was all he managed to mutter before considering the other's words. Well, at the very least they were directions, unlike the unhelpful advice Francis had passed down. Pulling out Arthur's gloves once move he nodded, kissing his own wedding ring.

     "I'm on my way." Looking over his shoulder he noticed nothing out of the ordinary, just the same trees he had been walking in for far too long, taking a breath, breaking off into a sprint down the left path.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.6K 1.3K 29
Alfred knows that since he was little he was wanted. By England and France. But it comes as a surprise that he is not only wanted, but desired. By t...
3.9K 184 5
After ten years of living as the youngest of four children, Arthur Kirkland is firmly convinced that older brothers are useless at best, a nuisance a...
6.5K 252 11
Hetalia FrUsUk fanfic! After a Tradgedy, Alfred is left to grow up. Of course he was lucky to have his two best friends beside him, but he didn't exp...
10K 345 10
A UsUk cardverse, where the Queen Of Spades has yet to be found. Arthur lived a normal life in the Diamond Kingdom, with one of his brothers, Jett...