Luminous Fire

By SaucyOneCurious

Cristian meets Xavier in an art class, they become friends, they get married, they start a family; a journey... More

Warning-Letting You Know!
1. Painting
2. Brewing
3. In-Between
4. Congratulations
5. Jagged
6. Expectations
7. Adventure
8. Family
9. Friends
10. Dates
11. Together
12. New Year
13. Friendship
14. Swimming
15. Unforeseen
16. Developments
17. Encore
18. Continuance
20. Echo
21. Gladsome
22. Memories
23. Games
24. News
25. Fun Times
26. Changes
27. A Dose
28. Continuation
29. Determined
30. Resolute
31. Masquerade
32. Crossroads
33. Turmoil
34. New Life
35. Loudest Silence
36. Grieve
37. Butterflies
38. Insight
39. Giddy
40. Portrait
41. Epilogue
The Maze

19. Extension

294 15 6
By SaucyOneCurious

Next chapter a bit sooner :) Enjoy.

-------------------------

“Why is Kyle so opposing to finding someone?” I ask Oriel.

“Hmm, I don’t know.” Oriel responds avoiding eye contact.

“Do you know something I don’t?”

“You know him better than I do.” Oriel states.

“He doesn’t ever really give me a reason, why he doesn’t give someone a chance.” I say more to myself.

“Maybe, he really just hasn’t met his perfect someone.”

“Hmm, so what is he looking for in a person?”

“I don’t know.” Oriel says seeming preoccupied. 

“So if we were to make him an online profile, what would we write?”

“His interests?” Oriel responds.

For someone who seemed confident on creating one, now he’s not. “What else goes into a dating profile?”

“Well a photo of his, his hobbies, movies he likes, and reply to some questions to help match him with other people.”

“Are you going to do it?” I ask.

“You mean are we going to create his profile?”

“Yes.”

“I don’t know. Being serious, he might get angry at us.”

“Or he might, but he might give it a try?”

“Yes, either way.”

“So what is he looking for in a person?” I ask again.

“I don’t know.” He responds not looking at me.

“What do you think? Or is it one of those cases that he’s in love with someone and I have no idea?” I ask.

“What makes you think that?” Oriel asks making eye contact.

“Just a thought.”

“Where did it come from?” 

I shake my head. Should I tell him? I haven’t told anyone. “Never mind.”

“Okay, well if you want to add anything else at a later time, you can.” He says seriously.

I nod and soon we are saying our goodbyes to get back to work.

*

“So we talked to Kyle today; Oriel jokingly said we might make him an online dating profile.”

“That might make him angry.” Xavier says. “And doesn’t someone have to answer some questions to match him to potential people?”

“I didn’t even think of that until Oriel said it, but yes.”

“Would you both seriously create it?”

“I don’t know. We were joking, but it would be nice for Kyle to give someone a chance.”

“Yes, it would be great.” Xavier states.

I turn to look at him, his expression doesn’t say much. He seems to just be agreeing.

“I don’t think we’ll create it. He’ll meet someone when it’s right for him.”

“Like Oriel did? Didn’t he meet Alex online.”

“Yes, he did.” I reply.

“It should be Kyle’s decision if he wants to create the profile. I know that you like helping, but it might cause a rift if you actually create the profile.”

I was not expecting him to say that. I would have thought he would be encouraging the idea even though it was a joke.

“I don’t, we wouldn’t do that unless Kyle wants too.”

Xavier nods.

“So how is work?” I ask; he hasn’t shared much about it.

“It’s work. They’re still doing research about expanding the business.” He replies.

“Okay.” I reply. “Well, are you going to sleep soon?” I ask as I turn off the iPad.

“Yes, I just want to see the ending of the show.”

“Okay, goodnight.” I say giving him a kiss before lying down.

“Goodnight, love.” Xavier says.

***

The weeks go by, play dates are arranged, Xavier is busy with work, and I start working on the children’s book. Soon the end of the school year is upon us, the twins have an end of the year celebration at school and to celebrate their first year of school, we take them to JumpStart, where they play on the inflatables. Then, we have lunch at home with my brother and our friends and Kyle calls to congratulate them. He lets them know they’ll be getting a surprise from him. It’s time to give them the gifts he sent them. They each open their gift to find a photo in a frame, each about a moment during the time we spent at the beach. Celestine’s is when she was tickling Angel and Angel’s is when he was building the castle. I hadn’t realized that Kyle or someone was taking photos, but I’m glad. They captured perfect moments. They insist on calling Kyle after they opened their gifts to thank him again. 

After a week of rest, the twins start attending a summer day camp, where they use most of their energy. Xavier is given the task to check a site for the company, so he is gone for a week. I keep running into a block concerning the children’s book. I don’t know if or when I’ll be able to complete it. I still don’t have a concrete idea for it.

When the day camp ends, I make it a routine to take them and Rocky to the park during the mornings, so that they use most of their energy. When we return home, we read and watch some educational videos before they go back to playing. It gives me enough time to complete all the work I have each day. Xavier starts working longer hours, he leaves early in the morning, so we see him until he comes home for dinner. He goes on a couple of trips. Even though he calls and I love taking care of the twins, at times like these it makes me feel like I’m the only parent. I want Xavier by my side along with the twins.

The twins birthday gets closer and we start brainstorming for it. Angel’s favorite animal are elephants while Celestine’s are dolphins. They both like painting and playing basketball so we end up choosing a sports theme. Our family and friends, the twins’ friends are invited as well. As soon as their friends start arriving, Angel and Celestine start playing. We finish setting everything out. Soon, Xavier brings out the piñata. 

“Who’s ready to break the piñata?” Xavier says showing it.

Me’s are heard.

“Dad, they should go first.” Celestine says. “I want to go last.”

“But I want to go last.” Angel says.

“How about pick a number and the one that is closest to the number gets to go last?” I propose.

“Yes, daddy.”

“Okay, number?”

“Five.” Celestine says.

“Nine.” Angel says.

“What number do I have?” I ask showing them my fingers.

“Three. Yes! I go last.” Celestine exclaims.

“Do I go first then?” Angel asks.

“Yes, you do baby boy.” Xavier says. “Birthday boy or girl goes first.”

“Okay.”

“So we have to blindfold you. We will spin you to a direction and then we will give you the bat, so that you can hit the piñata.” Xavier explains.

“Yes, dad.”

“Okay, I’m blindfolding you, little Angel.” Oriel says.

“Okay, Oriel just don’t make it too tight.” 

“Of course, my favorite little Angel.”

“Okay.” Angel responds.

Oriel turns Angel around before stopping and handing him the bat. 

“Go Angel.” I say.

Their friends start yelling directions to Angel. He hits it once before it’s Karen’s turn who is able to hit it twice. Then, Andres, who misses the piñata, Rose is able to do some damage to it as well as Joel. Lastly, Celestine strikes it once, making the dent more prominent, but not enough for the candy to fall out of it. Taking the blindfold off they’re able to hit better causing the candy to fall. 

“Okay, here are some candy bags for all of you.” I say as I hand them one. “And it’s time for the cake.”

“Yes!” Angel says.

“Dad, here.” Angel says handing Xavier his bag of candy.

“Do I get to eat them all?” Xavier asks.

“No, dad, you’re supposed to hold it for me.” Angel responds as he rushes to where the cake is. 

“Oh, I thought you were giving them to me.” Xavier responds with a smile.

“I like the cake.” Angel says.

“Me too.” Celestine agrees.

The cake is basketball themed.

“We need to light the candles, so we have five candles for you Angel and five for you, Celestine.” I say.

“Ready to sing, happy birthday?” Xavier asks.

“Yes.”

After the song, and blowing the candles, the cake is cut and the twins make sure everyone has a piece before they eat their own.”

They play some more with their friends until they leave. Then, we make our way to the living room.

“Time to open presents!” Oriel says as he takes a seat with his drink in hand.

“Yay!” Celestine says.

“Okay, here’s the one from us!” Oriel says giving each of them a present.

“What is it?” Celestine says as she’s taking the wrapping paper off.

“You’ll see.”

“Color pencils and paper.” Angel says.

“Yes, we get to color.” Celestine says.

“Thank you.” Angel says hugging Oriel before going to hug Alex.

“Thank you.” Celestine says hugging Alex before going to hug Oriel.

“Next present.” I say handing each of them one.

“Thank you, Uncle Ryan and Katelyn.” The twins say.

“Here’s the next present.” Xavier says. “Those are from Kyle.”

“I like it!” Angel says taking out a stuff elephant.

“Me too!” Celestine says taking out a stuff dolphin. 

“Can we call him to say thank you?” Angel asks.

“Not right now.” I respond.

“You still have one last present.” Xavier says. “It’s on the side of the house. Let’s go.”

“What is it?” Angel asks.

“You’ll see, my chunky monkey.” I tell him.

“I want to know too!” Celestine exclaims.

“You will soon, baby girl.” Xavier says.

“This is from us.” Xavier says.

“Thank you!” Both exclaim. 

“Can we ride them?” Celestine asks.

“Please.” Angel adds.

“You can ride your tricycles tomorrow. It’s a bit late for today.”

“Okay.” 

“I guess we made a good choice.” Xavier says placing his arm around my waist.

“Yes.” I respond watching them get on them. “Let’s go back inside.”

“Do we have to?” Celestine asks.

“Yes. We must go inside. I’m sure everyone will be going home soon.” I say.

“Okay, daddy. Are you going to read us a bedtime story?”Angel asks. 

“You know we do.”

“Oh, but can we call Kyle first?”

“Hmm, we’ll see.”

“They enjoyed their birthday party.” Xavier asks as I lean against him. 

“Yes, they did and all the presents too.”

“Yes. So are you going to read them their bedtime story?”

“Yes, but you should come too.”

“I will. I’m just going to get something to drink.” Xavier says kissing me.

“Okay, and I’m going to check they’re ready for bed.”

“Where are my babies?” I ask as I enter the twins’ bedroom.

“Daddy, we’re five. We’re not babies.” Angel says.

“Ah, but you like it when I carry you.” I tell him as I scoop him from the floor.

“No.” Angel says smiling.

“You do.” Celestine says.

I pick her up too, “And you do too.”

She shakes her head no with a smile. 

“Besides you both will always be my babies.”

“Okay, daddy, but put me down.” Angel says.

“Okay.” I respond giving him a kiss before putting him down on the bed, then giving a kiss to Celestine before putting her down too. I see they each have their newest stuff animal with them on the bed.

“Daddy, when is school starting?” Celestine asks.

“In about three weeks.”

“Do we get new things for school?” Angel asks.

“Yes, we’ll buy you some new clothes and the supplies you will need.”

“New backpacks?” Celestine asks.

“Yes, a new backpack too.”

------------------------------

Thank you for reading, commenting, and/or voting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 216 12
One night Killian and Reese find themselves having a conversation that leads Killian to say that Reese needs a partner in crime. Of course, it can’t...
197K 7.7K 15
Recently married and new homeowners, Max and Morgan seem happy. But, Morgan is always traveling for work leaving Max at home feeling lonely. One day...
A Girl Crush By RockyBG

General Fiction

49 5 4
I wasn't planning on developing feelings for anyone. In a stale marriage, I had come to a place of acceptance that I wouldn't become excited by the i...
118K 3.3K 48
What will happen if your mate is already married and he has no clue about being your mate. This is what happening in Oliver's life. Unaware of danger...