The End of Summer

By _Iristpwk

"I'm still living for you, love." 89 unforgettable summer nights 2 years later Different soul same comfort... More

- Note
- One
- Two
- Three
- Four
- Five
- Six
- Seven
- Eight
- Nine
- Eleven
- Tweleve
- Thirteen
- Fourteen
- Fifteen
- Sixteen
- Seventeen
- Eighteen
- Nineteen
- Twenty
- Twenty One
- Twenty two
- Twenty Three
- Twenty Four
- Twenty Five
- Twenty Six
- Twenty Seven
- Twenty Eight
- Twenty Nine
- Thirty
- Thirty One
- Thirty Two
- Thirty Three

- Ten

204 5 98
By _Iristpwk

Adisyn Kay Wise

He likes sad endings!

I do too.

I cry and it's one of the best cries I could have? I complain, I yell, I throw the book, I'm like a little kid who doesn't get the toy they want when I read a sad ending but I still like them? I won't say it's a love and hate relationship because I don't hate sad endings, I like them.

"I was invited to this after party, it got shut down. I stole some wine, went to the roof, sat down and drank. I didn't care a bit, it was a good night because the sky was so clear and pretty, the moon was almost full—"

"Waxing gibbous?" He interrupts saying a moon phase. He doesn't look like the type of guy to memorize moon phases "I'm not an idiot, I know my moon phases, I used to study astronomy."

"Waning gibbous, I still remember because the next night it was also the same and I always believed that those two nights were the best nights and the moon was perfect and I felt great." Those two nights I got to fully meet Reece and it was amazing.

"This guy came up - he was a year older than me and I just... opened up to him? Told him how I felt and last thing I know, he offered me to spend the summer with him and I agreed?"

He breathed a laugh.

Does he believe this is some sort of joke? He has a smile on his face and looks happy and amused by what I said?

"I'm sorry but anyone with a brain would say no and I'm assuming you said yes?"

Idiot!

"And anyone with a brain would make it official with the girl they've been sleeping with for months but I'm assuming you didn't?" I can play that game too, Reed. I've been playing this game for a long time. I like playing this game.

You say something and I will say the same thing.

Two can play the game, Reed.

He knows he deserved that so he didn't give me a look and instead stayed silent "For your information, he saved my life. I wanted to end my life but I didn't and I believe it was because of him, his point of views changed mine and I'm in a decent mindset right now so I don't regret saying yes."

"Was the sex good at least?"

"Ye—" What.

He breathed a laugh by my half response "I don't regret a second with Juliette either, sex was good too so that was like a bonus of being with her? She was kindhearted I think that's what attracted me to her the most,"

"Same with the guy and I."

"She moved on, I think? I haven't heard from her since, I bet she's still fucking pissed with me and I would too. She deserves a good life," He isn't showing any emotion.

Jules cheated on him.

Cheating is already bad the way it is but cheating with a family member? He didn't say who. He didn't say what happened next and I didn't ask because that's inappropriate of me to ask, it's non of my business and he told me half the story.

I feel like I shouldn't bother him with asking that, it would be weird of me to ask that too. We're barely having a decent conversation which doesn't involve yelling nor work so I should enjoy it? And as he said, stop making it more awkward.

"I think you will like this one," I didn't even notice we had arrived until he spoke. That was a long car ride? I'm guessing because of traffic?

Hopefully we don't see another one of his ex's here.

Ezra Made This :)

Ezra:) <3: How's it going?

Ivy <3: Is he an asshole?

Only Angel: Good or bad conversations?

Jade:) <3: Did you eat?

Ezra :) <3 : Why do you take forever to respond????

Ivy <3: Adisyn. Adisyn. Adisyn.

Jade :) <3: 30 minutes later *imagine this as that voice from SpongeBob lol I'm so funny*

Only Angel: Anyone up to pick up Ali from school today? She has ballet today

Jade:) <3: My shift just ended so I can go

Only Angel: Thank you!!! I promised her a princess tea party so grab some cookies

I'm doing alright
He's okay? We had a decent conversation
And not yet I'm not hungry
I have some of her teacups in my apartment so get those

•••

"Can you hurry up? It's 4!" He yells from the entrance to the parking lot, well sorry I have friends who care about me.

"Sorry!" I yell back and quickly run to the entrance with the hoodie on since it started to rain a little harder.

His mood kinda changed?

God, his mood changes too much! He's a bitch! Not even am I like that when I'm on my period, he just - stops?

He shows no emotion too. It's hard to know what he's thinking when he shows no emotion. It's stressful because I have to know what he's thinking so that I know how to act cause if he's mad I can't say anything out of subject and if he's happy or normal then I can be out of subject? I need to know!

"You must be Adisyn," The blondie with curly hair that reaches to her shoulders shakes my hand. Her hair isn't super curly, it's like wavy?

"I'm Monique, we talked last night." She smiles shaking my hand.

"Oh! It's great to see you!"

"Then you must be Ezra?" She says politely tilting her head over to Reed. Oh no. Why? Why would she say that. No. No! "She said many wonderful things about you," Oh no.

Reed looks over to me and I can tell he's frustrated. He's going to kill me. "No, I'm Reed Auclair."

"My bad,"

"Ezra's the photographer,"

"My apologies, it's great to meet you."

"Likewise," He smiles and I know that smile is so fake! I know the smile he gave her is the fakest smile he could've given anyone. "Do you guys know each other?"

Don't say it.

Please make up a lie!

I give her a look hoping my expression is enough for her to know I want her to lie. She looks at me and smiles.

"Yeah. We met almost last week in a bar and last night we saw each other again, at the same bar, same place." Damn it.

He looks at me and smiles "That's really lovely," He says still looking at me.

"We talked—"

"And then I had to leave and work on- work things..."

"Yeah I bet you did." Reed says before I could think of a better excuse to back up my dumb excuse!

There's really nothing wrong with me going out but it's mainly the fact that I said I don't want to eat dinner with him as a - apology for how he spoke to me. I said I had to catch up on work things and program work things but I went out and saw her once again and yeah...

"I bet you stayed up late working for the program?"

"Yeah I did, I got some designs ready!" I don't. Everything is still drawn in my mind and only in my mind, I haven't sketched anything out but everything is on my mind

His turned to Monique. "Monique, we have a busy schedule today so the faster we get this over with, the better." He thinks I had sex with her so we're not choosing this place. I just know it!

The interior is beautiful though. That's too sad.

•••

"You fucked her, didn't you? That's why she was being all flirty with you since the beginning!" He said as we left the building, he had a smile on his face "Look at you, I'm not the only one who fucks people who I'm working with am I?"

"I did not have sex with her!"

"So she fucked you?"

I look at him and he only smiles wanting to know the truth. "We kissed and that's all,"

"I like this place."

"You like cause you know how awkward it was between us and you want it to be more awkward."

"If you had nothing to do with her, then why should it be awkward?"

"Because..." I say gulping not wanting to tell him any more details. "Things that you don't need to know,"

He taps on the steering wheel as he makes a turn "Well that sounds great because I really liked this place? Did you?"

"I liked the last place more - Where I met Jules," His smirk fades as I mentioned her name.

"I didn't like that place."

"Well I did."

"No you didn't."

"It was pretty? I liked it,"

"I'm not wasting any money on that place, not after I know she's going to be using it." He takes his tone a lot more serious once we started talking about her.

"Well, I really liked it." I say trying my best to mock the tone.

"I'm glad you chose fashion." I was about to say something but he randomly switched the subject? Did I get him mad?

"Why is that?"

He finally looked at me once I answered. "Because you'd be a terrible actress, you're far from good at comforting people, you get stressed and nervous easily - in other words, you would pretty much suck at any other job."

"You would suck too." My tone gets defensive.

"I know," He admits gradually but has a small smirk forming on his lips.

"You don't like helping people."

"You are right! I don't like helping people, unless they truly deserve it. And if you're thinking about medicine, I wouldn't do it either way."

"Why cause of blood?"

His face turns pale.

He looses the color of his lips and the color of his skin, his lips a light light pink a little to light that may turn purple? His skin turns pale.

The small smile he was gaining started to fade? He didn't like my comment.

"No, I've seen blood many times." Shit. Crap. Oh I fucked up big time didn't I?

"Blood isn't a problem, I just wouldn't enjoy it I don't like the concept of it? I don't know, I wouldn't enjoy it." I'm sorry. I feel terrible! "Would you?"

"I was originally going to study medicine but I ended up going with fashion. I was also going to study law but it was too much stress, but I never tried it? I've always wondered how I would do."

He looks at me and looks back at the car. "Well if you would do your job the way you speak to me, you would suck and would probably get sued. But if you were kindhearted, you'd be a good doctor."

I think I would be an excellent doctor! Before I could defend myself he interrupts but he does so because he knew I was going to talk "What kind of doctor would you be?"

"Oh pediatric or a general one!" I knew that one immediately. I thought about it a lot. I knew what exactly I would do if I went in for medicine.

He chuckles "A pediatric? Do you like kids? You don't seem to be the type of person who enjoys hanging out with them? Not saying you would be a bad mother but I don't think that fits you." You'd expect me to get offended and start defending myself but I don't see myself there either. At least not right now.

"I hope that doesn't offend you, but I personally see you focusing on your career? Not saying you're selfish—"

"You're talking to much making me start to take it a bad way so stop. I didn't take it in a wrong way because I agree, I don't want to be a mom not yet? I'm too busy and I probably wouldn't take care of that child properly, I prefer babysitting for my friends and - those things."

"I prefer not having children,"

"Why is that?"

He looks at me "I've taken care of children and fuck no! I don't see myself being a dad, not right now like you said but I haven't seen myself in that position."

"If you were to have kids how many?"

"Adisyn, I don't even believe I will get married."

"I don't wanna get married." I blurt out. "Why do I need to get married for? I'm not getting married to prove my love to someone? If I love you and I say it then I mean it, I love you and I don't wanna get married."

It's a need of convincing him. It's not a it doesn't matter it's my opinion, with him I feel like I need to prove myself? "Most marriages don't last, they get divorced and that's like falling in love again. You end up hurting yourself and I don't want that, it's a paper that says we're committed to stand by each other till death do us apart and there's a high percentage of that not happening. It's not worth it and I don't want to get married,"

"I kinda agree. Marriage doesn't seem that bad to me but I do see what you're saying, if I do ever get married I think I would have 2 kids? So that one is never alone."

"I don't know how many kids I would want? I would want to adopt,"

"Why?"

"Because everyone deserves a little love—" Well there goes my point to proving I'm not naive. Well fuck.

"You're so sweet,"

"Shut up."

"I think it's a responsibility too big for me right now, I may change my mind but for right now I rather not get married and not have children."

•••

Ivy

It's 6?

Are you on your way?

Text me when you can

Adisyn it's 5?

Are you okay?

Respond woman! You left with Reed are you okay?

Adisyn it's 6? What's wrong? Are you okay? Want me to pick you up?

Omg

I'm so sorry

I didn't even realize the time!

I'm fine!

We were behind schedule but we saw the venues

I'm so sorry!

Call me when you can! I got Allie with me tonight btw, I will take her to practice tomorrow

•••

"Who's Allie?" My eyes go to him and his tired voice, he's peaking at my phone.

I turn off my phone and look at him acting surprised "You see, I should be surprised that you would be interested in my business but I know you're not, you just got bored and looked through my business." He nods as if he didn't just peak at my phone and read my messages.

"Didn't know Evans hated me that much,"

"You tried to get with her, what did you expect?"

"I didn't try to get with her I thought she was you?"

I scoff "Like that makes it any better?"

"I was bored okay? But now that I met you, I want to get away from you and want this to be over with." I nod pretending to listen to his words, I text her back yeah that works for me, I will see her before she leaves on Friday. "So who's Allie?"

I sigh knowing he's not going to stop asking. "Ali is Ana's, Angel's, and Dylan's little sister."

"Oh. I didn't know they had a little sister,"

"They don't share their little sister to the public,"

He laughs randomly making me look up at him. "I just realized all their names start with A and then there's Dylan... Who starts with a D, that's a little fucked up."

I nod smiling "When they were little they would say Dylan was adopted cause of her name, it like a tradition for them to name their children the same letter."

"Did your parents do that?"

I think about all their names and I realized they did . I let out a breathy laugh "I'm Dylan." He looks beyond confused and looks at me. "I'm Dylan, they all got named with the first letter being J and I got A..."

He laughs "That sucks!"

"They also all followed my parents footsteps and I'm an assistant."

"Isn't that what you wanted to be?"

I nod but I don't say anything because these are the times that I'm disappointed with myself and I began to doubt if I like what I do.

I do like what I do but my family doesn't.

It's like a constant need of needing their approval? It's my own life but for 17 years it was under their control, I craved their validation but the only validation I ever received was academic validation.

They didn't care if I drew something really amazing and I got congratulated because 'anyone can do that if not better' But your grades... I mean your grades not everyone can do that so they only ever found pride in your grades.

All these good kid programs that I would get scholarships and teachers giving me all these opportunities, teachers wanting me to help them tutor and all these things — not everyone was able to do that.

The car stops.

I look out the window and I realize how dark it had gotten, there's lights everywhere and noise too but the sky darken. It's now a very dark blue, so dark it's almost pitch black. The stars are too small. They're barely visible since it's cloudy and a little foggy. The moon is thin.

"I need to go get my things," He says in a low voice.

•••

"What are you doing here?" I was about to call an Uber when he came to my side.

"About to call an Uber," I say yawning and clicking on my phone to the Uber app.

"What do you think I should order for takeout? I was thinking some sort of pasta would be good?" I say trying to make this a little less awkward considering he's looking at me.

Again. He doesn't say anything but sighs. This man really doesn't say anything does he? Is he waiting for someone or something? Like why is he still here is— "Why don't I take you to dinner?"

I look up from my phone to him. What. Me? Dinner? You? What..?

"You didn't eat lunch all day and I know how to make pasta, it's pretty good? We can also work on the project, it's barely 7?" He offers me in what seems to be the sincerest tone?

"Look we've been working on the show all day and we can start working on your designs?" Fuck. That's something I should decline but I can't. I want to work on my designs!

He realizes I'm hesitating and I can see he rolled his eyes "Look if you don't want too I really don't care," But he should care because he should be like a mentor to me right now? "I'm not going to be a mentor to you because I would be a shitty mentor, I don't care about your career that's something on you all I do is judge your designs and work with you so I'm kinda like your boss and I won't play being a mentor." He states it in a confident voice.

I don't know what to do.

He nods. I think my silence was like me saying no without saying no.

Ahhhh!

"Fine! You better know how to make pasta and it better be the best pasta I ever damn had and I've had some good pasta in my lifetime so don't fuck it up,"

"I'm not gonna stop walking so you better hurry up, it's too cold for your bullshit."

"You walk too fast!"

"You walk too slow," He says in a calm voice looking back to me a few steps behind him, "What do you do to walk fast at shows cause if you walk at this speed—"

"I walk fast enough? You just walk too fast, it's not normal."

"A child could walk faster than you." And a child has more empathy than you do. Asshole! "You have the designs ready, right?" His tone is in a joking tone cause he caught me lying.

"Shut up I'm giving you company for dinner tonight! You should be thankful,"

"I hope you know that and I don't need your company, I could've called my friends and hooked up with someone so you should be thankful."

"Did anyone ever tell you how self absorbed you are?"

"Plenty of times, why?"

"And it never accrue to you that that may be the reason people dislike you?"

He took a moment to answer that."They don't hate me cause I'm self absorbed they hate me cause of the way I act?"

Yeah you idiot! That's what I'm saying! "How do you think you act?"

"I can be nice?" I hum in a tone everybody could know I was pretending to believe him. "You know you're a bitch right?" I hum pretending to listen to him.

"You know I can poison your pasta right?"

I nod before realizing what he said. "You wouldn't, you need me to help you for this show!"

"But you realize I can do that, right?"

"And you realize I can kill you too right? I can act like the sad assistant who was starting to fall in love with you." The last part was filled with a fake sad tone. "Don't worry, I'm not that much of a bit—" I stop talking mid sentence. I look around.

"What's—"

"SHHHH!" That sounded too - dramatic. I put my finger up to him telling him to shush and in the corner of my eye I see his little nod acting surprised that I just hushed him.

There's another meow and even louder.

"No—"

"Shut up, Reed!" He takes the hint and hushes walking behind me.

I am determined to find the cat before I leave!

I move closer and behind a car there's a small kitten - it's eyes are a light green that shine with the city lights. It's all black and it's so little? I awe before stepping closer to it, it tried to run away but rather leaps allowing me to reach down for it.

"Oh hi little love," I reach down for it and notice it's right paw is injured? "Oh that must hurt!"

"Adisyn, don't even—"

"Reed. Shut up for a minute, okay?" I go back to the cat that is in my hands close to my chest, "Here hold it," He stutters two words trying to decline but realizes I will insist.

I take off the coat I have on leaving me with just my shirt, "Adisyn, it's freezing you're—"

"Oh Reed for the love of god just hold the cat!" I take it off fully and try to wrap the cat around it.

He looks down to his hand and shakes his head."Here take my sweater, it's too cold. Give me the cat."

He looks scared to hold the cat? "Are you scared of the cat?"

"No I'm scared of Rain," It takes me a while to remember he talked about Rain.

"Well I'm sure Atlas is nothing like that,"

"Who?" He eyes me confused with my words as I finish putting on the hoodie.

"Atlas,"

"You named the cat Atlas

"Yeah from It Ends with Us. You know, the book? By Colleen Hoover?"

He nods "Yeah I know who she is, it's the first book Rue decided to read."

"So his name is Atlas and isn't Rain,"

I grab the cat from his arms as he hesitates to open the car door again. I sigh "If you're gonna do that I will just call an Uber—"

"Don't let the cat go insane, get in." He opens the door and with his hand he tells me to step in.

"It's Atlas." I say before entering the car.

He rolls his eyes "Fine, don't allow Lily to go insane."

•••

"You know, I hesitated to read It Ends with Us." He randomly says as he remains concentrated on the road.

"Why is that?"

"Not my type of genre,"

"Did you end up reading it?"

"For Rue, yes."

I smile. "What did you think of it?"

"I liked it, I hated Ryle. It was sad and a little different from my usual reads but I liked it."

"What other books did you read for Rue?" He genuinely sounds like a good brother? I'm glad.

He thinks "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Girl in Pieces, One of Us is Lying. Umm, November 9, A Good Girls Guide To Murder. Those are the ones I vividly remember,"

I smile "You sound like a teenage girl,"

He laughs "I wanted to have sibling time and that was and probably is the only thing we relate in, well we both like writing and drawing too but we don't do that together."

"Why not?" I grab Atlas and fix him on my lap.

He thinks about it. "Well painting... not sure but writing we both have different ways to write and I won't share with her what I write? It's too personal,"

"Your sister likes heartbreak doesn't she?" He looks at me confused "The books are pretty sad, I mean either I'm a too emotional person, they're sad, or both?"

"She did cry a lot, it was a little awkward cause I didn't shed a tear rather her cried so much she had to use her inhaler."

"Oh ouch! That was a tough cry, for which book?"

He looks at me and looks back at the road and back at me "All of them."

I breathe a laugh "How did you comfort her?"

"I brought her the inhaler and said the characters were fake..." I nod telling him to proceed "Apparently, that just made her cry even more." I laugh a little to loud cause I scared Atlas. "It's not funny!" He says as I continue laughing in between my words.

"What did you do afterwards?"

"I brought her food. She ate while she cried... You would get along with her. I know it, you guys talk the same and act the same."

Oh really? "Does she also call you a man whore?"

He smiles a little, "She tells me I'm pathetic because I sleep with many girls but that's it."

"I like her so far,"

"Of course you do! You will meet her soon, she spends some time in my office."

That's sweet. "Here's a compliment and don't allow it get to your ego! Only compliment I will ever be giving you too!" I warn him and I notice he looks interested. It's like he's almost telling me to go on. "You seem like a great brother, I'm glad."

You would expect his smirk to grow into a smile but it doesn't? It does for a second or two before it starts to fade. "Thank you," is all he says but his smile never returns.

There's so much I still don't know. There's so much to wonder and so many questions to ask, there's a whole other story I don't know and it's killing me.

"How did you know I was bi?"

"I heard you talk to Evans about a girl and it sounded like you fancied her a little too much, I suspected and then I saw the way you looked at Aurora and I immediately knew it. I also heard you talking to Evans about seeing your ex's who are now together."

Yeah.

I had forgotten about that. "You overhear a lot..." He nods and I know he's not asking for more information but I feel like I should do so? "I'm happy for them—"

"You're to happy for your ex's. Stop. That hurts like a bitch I know it so stop,"

He keeps interrupting me and I don't know how to respond so I just nod and continue my story. "We weren't a big thing, we were together for 4 months and broke up cause he didn't love me anymore and she and I broke up cause she was moving to Phoenix and wanted me to move with her."

He looks over to me in complete shock "How long were you guys together?"

"4 months,"

He looks even more shocked "You guys were together for 4 months and she wanted you to move miles away just for her? How long did you guys talk for?"

"6 months,"

He still looks confused "10 months? What did you say?"

She knew I was too scared to do so but she still asked and that was a big step for me. I didn't do it though. I couldn't do it. "I told her I couldn't do that and especially not right now that my career was starting."

He nods "Good, I mean that's just insane?"

"He dated her a week after we broke up..." I admit looking at him as I feel him stare at me.

He's speechless I can tell. "I'm sorry, he's an asshole."

"Maybe it wasn't planned and they just met? I mean she was in Phoen—"

"He stopped loving you, a week later got with her, moved with her, I think it was pretty much planned. That's just fucked up! I mean I'm sure she knew who you were and he knew too so they're both assholes,"

I shrugged my shoulders "I mean? I don't know—"

He interrupts once again "Adisyn, they're assholes admit it. I won't judge."

"Okay fine yes it hurt me but it shouldn't hurt me because we broke up and if they're happy then that's perfectly fine with me! Yes it hurts and I do believe they're assholes but so am I!" I say in a tone that again may have been a little too loud because Atlas got scared once again.

He nods and I can tell he was pleased by me saying that. "Why don't you tell me more about your siblings? You said you were close to your stepbrother?"

I nod "Yeah I'm pretty close to him, his names Liam. He's a sweet guy... He's going to college soon! He's excited and I'm excited, we're all excited!"

"I'm guessing your dad is more excited for him than he was for you?"

"He's studying law." That's all I need to say for him to know my answer. I don't want to go any deeper into information with him but to sum it up - he's studying law and I studied fashion. My dad is a lawyer so yes he's pretty much happy for him. I'm happy for him too but it kinda sucks that I got accepted to a great college and he didn't even say goodbye to me.

"What did your dad think when you became CEO?"

He chuckles "You're a little to naive." He opens his door and I realize we've arrived, he's not far from me. He's possibly around 10 minutes away from my apartment?

He opens the door from the back seats to grab our bags as I grab my purse and hold Atlas tightly.

"Is this where you live?" I question as we walk towards the entrance.

"It's one of the places."

"I'm sorry?"

"It's practically where I usually come when I need just me time," But I'm with you? I'm with him and he's taking me here? "I spend most of my time here too, I like this place better."

"Do you take Lilian here?"

He shakes his head "Lilian and I aren't a thing, I take her to another apartment - about 20 minutes away? I don't spend a lot of time there. I like this place more, it's more comforting and it's just better overall?"

I nod pretending to understand him. I really don't understand a word he just said because he's saying he spends most of his time here but him and Lilian are pretty close and so is him and Victoria and doesn't take them here? Or maybe he takes Victoria here? Like with Ro and Victoria?

A bunch of nice staff members greet him but he ignores them. He ignores what they say as I follow him with a cat in my hands, some looked shocked others look charmed but they don't look at me they look at him.

He's admirable.

I won't lie, I will give him that.

He's definitely not bad looking, he has good charming features.

He ignores them all. Not a single one of them does he say hi too. He just walks to the elevators with the bags. "You know, it's not that hard to say hi back to them?"

He rolls his eyes and says "I'm allowing you to take a cat into my apartment do you really wanna start?"

I shake my head and hold on tightly to Atlas. He looks so calm - the cat. Reed just looks - annoyed and tired of me? The cat looks calm, I think it likes me?

I look at him as I hold onto Atlas and lean on the back of the elevator wall looking at the numbers as we rise up more.

"But still, you should at least say something to them?"

"The only reason they greet me is because they know me as Reed Auclair and I own this place." Oh! I didn't even know that! "Why do you look shocked?"

I'm in an elevator at one of the Auclairs hotels! This is a fancy high class hotel and I'm eating dinner here! Holy shit! That's - wow!

He looks up at the numbers and we reached the highest floor! Oh damn. "When we get to my apartment I will give you something to put Atlas in," I nod and continue to walk following him.

Oh damn!

Pretty much with the entrance you get wowed!

Interior is black and grey, he turns on more lights giving off a better view of the place.

It's fucking gorgeous!

The living room has couches that are black and a nice coffee table!

It looks so comforting but so fancy?

This is bigger than Jade's apartment!

"I will be back," He drops his coat on the couch and goes upstairs.

He walks down the stairs drawing my attention away from the papers and books on his table to him bringing a hoodie and a shoebox. "I don't have any things for Atlas right now but I have this shoebox and we can put this hoodie at the bottom and if he gets cold we can put this jacket on him." He says pulling the jacket from the shoebox.

That was possibly the bare minimum but for some reason it warmed my heart knowing what he got for Atlas, at least for the night. He cares about Atlas even if he doesn't want to admit it.

He's giving Atlas a hoodie and a jacket incase he gets cold.

I'm sure they're both expensive.

"Thank you,"

He nodded a no problem. "Umm put him in the box and come to the kitchen."

"I will put the water to boil, I will be back." I nod and pull out my phone and scroll on Instagram. It feels a little awkward to be here right now?

I scroll and scroll pretending to be interested in it but so many thoughts are on my mind all the pictures I see just fade on it's own.

"Do you want anything to drink? Wine, whiskey, sparkling, water?"

"Water please," He nods and puts some things on the counter opening his fridge.

"You sure you don't want wine?"

"This isn't a date?"

He put his finger up "It's a work date!"

"Work date?"

He nods "We're going to have many of those for the next couple of weeks, not just in between us two but with other workers. Like Anastasia."

"I've been to those so I know what you're talking about." I say proudly admitting I'm not new to this. I'm not new but I am new to a partner inviting me to their place and not wanting sex.

"Has any of the past partners asked you for a work dinner?" He says opening the tall cabinets without hesitation.

He reaches out for two champagne glasses and looks back at me waiting for an answer "Well sometimes but very rarely? And if they ever do I don't go, they're married and seem like perverts, and I don't like the way they look at staff,"

"Oh," He doesn't know what to say. He places them down and walks out of the kitchen. When he comes back he has a tall champagne bottle, it's a nice golden color. It has a black label with gold on it and the name written so perfectly on it. Even the champagne here looks expensive!

It looks expensive and probably even taste's expensive? It looks fancy, maybe even more fancy then the champagnes they serve at fashion shows.

"You drink right? You aren't sober or something right?"

I let out a breathy laugh because on how he questioned me. His face turned pale when he returned with the bottle and my guess is he forgot to ask me "I love champagne,"

"Oh okay, if I may ask, what made you come with me? You said they would bring you for something else so what made you trust me?" He asks as he pops the bottle open making me flinch a little, he notices but shrugs it off and pours just the right amount of champagne on both glasses.

Well a lot of things made me come here. And not exactly because I trust him because I do trust him but not fully. It's not like a 'I trust him with my life' situation it's more of a I trust his opinion? I guess the trust I have on him is work related nothing else.

But I do tryst him and I want to get working on my designs. I also didn't want to freeze to death waiting for an Uber.

"I don't know? I mean the fact you left it obvious you didn't want me made me more comfortable. And I also didn't want to freeze to death waiting for an Uber." He smirked at the last part and gave me a glass.

"Okay, from now on whenever something great happens we celebrate with a bottle of this exact champagne!" I nod agreeing "For right now... we will make a toast on how amazing the venues were and how we didn't end up killing each other!"

I smile "Now that's probably my biggest accomplishment so far! A toast to us for not killing each other!"

"And for great success!"

Both our glasses collide making a loud ding sound and we both take a drink out of the glass.

"Tell me your ideas while I prepare us some dinner,"

Authors Note -

It's gonna be a long night :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 103 165
I make my own poems for fun
25.3K 298 30
this is my first story so don't make fun of me šŸ¤—
6.3K 139 40
I'm not even safe in my own mind. #1 in 2amthoughts 8/13/2018
450 15 9
A group of friends fall in love over the summer and somethings that happen over the summer were unexpected but a life long dream of their desire šŸ„° T...