๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐ซ {๐ง๐ž๐ฐ๐ญ ๐ฑ...

By swagsterh0e

"๐ข ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ž ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ ." ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ... More

one: the girl
two: the knife
three: the better first impression
four: the pudgy boy
five: the mark
six: the maze
seven: the survivors
eight: the box
nine: the wound
ten: the syringe
eleven: the argument
twelve: the favourite
thirteen: the pit
fourteen: the idea
fifteen: the escape
sixteen: the grievers
seventeen: the control room
eighteen: the gun
nineteen: the helicopter
twenty: the landing
twenty one: the reason we're all still alive
twenty two: the checkups
twenty three: the deal
twenty four: the handcuffs
twenty five: the vents
twenty six: the not dead but also not alive either
twenty seven: the shock that nothing happened
twenty eight: the creatures without a name
twenty nine: the freedom we all wish for
thirty: the terrifying realisation
thirty one: the lightning shock
thirty two: the three questions
thirty three: the constant bleeding
thirty four: the collapsing of the ceiling
thirty five: the plan b
thirty six: the explosion
thirty seven: the one who decides if you get to stay
thirty eight: the counting to ten over and over again
thirty nine: the kidnapping of our own
forty: the explanation
forty one: the forgiving
forty two: the constant meetings
forty three: the not so approachable
forty four: the pain of empty promises
forty five: the new job opportunity
forty six: the beauty within anger
forty seven: the moon-lit dinner
forty eight: the boy who hates archery
forty nine: the injured solider
fifty: the day off
fifty one: the woman with the beautiful skin
fifty two: the genius
fifty three: the hope that always lets you down
fifty five: the fear of loss
fifty six: the white sky
fifty seven: the girl full of surprises
fifty eight: the silver necklace
fifty nine: the disappointed expressions
sixty: the surrounding danger
sixty one: the boy who should have died back in the maze
sixty two: the hornet's nest
sixty three: the boy who's too humble for his own good
sixty four: the eight stupid fucking letters
sixty five: the man with that kind of smile
sixty six: the colour of his eyes
sixty seven: the gloom
epilogue <3
author's note

fifty four: the suffering we aren't aware of

3.9K 105 33
By swagsterh0e

I had awoken slightly sore, but still with a small smile.

Around my waist, I had found his arms, wound tightly around me. I made no effort to move, or to get up and start the day – instead, I found solace in the fact I was laying on the ground, next to the blonde.

He stirred slightly, and I took that as my invitation to roll over and face him. He was dozing, light breaths of air falling from his mouth every couple of seconds.

Newt looked peaceful. He looked beautiful, actually.

I was wearing his t-shirt and some black underwear, and even though I thought I'd be cold, I was actually very warm. Wrapped up in his arms brought such comfort that I could die here right now and I wouldn't complain. I wouldn't even lift a finger to prevent it from happening.

Instead, I'd take the opportunity to look at him one more time – take in the curves of his face, the colour of his eyes, and the shape of his nose. I would take it all in and imprint it in my mind, just so I could have someone familiar to think about for the last few seconds I'd be alive.

And I would be okay with that. It sounds strangely nice.

The sky was a nice blue, and there were a few white clouds dotted here and there. There was little to no noise coming from the camp – it must be early.

Usually, people are awake from about 6am, but after the couple of days we've had, I'd understand why everyone's decided to sleep in.

Most of the time, it's Thomas that's up and about from dawn, ready to train and fight for his friend's safe return. But even now, I couldn't hear his annoying whines or his direct orders to other people around the camp.

That was definitely odd.

I sat up much faster than I thought I had, and in doing so, woke Newt from beside me.

"Hey, hey, are you okay?"

The blonde was still quite obviously tired, as his eyes were still half closed and he looked rather forlorn. I smiled internally.

"Yes- yes I'm fine. Are you?"

Newt rubbed his eyes, and looked back up at me. "I'm great, love." His smile radiated around his entire face, making him look almost completely awake again.

I moved my eye line to the floor, wondering where I had misplaced my trousers.

"Do you know what time it is? I can't hear anyone, so it must be early." I said, and Newt gave me one last cheeky smile before flicking his wrist over to check his watch.

Where the fuck are my trousers?

"It's only just gone 5am - I'm surprised you're even up. I mean, I know you're an early bird, but I never thought you were this early."

I stuck my tongue out at the boy, which he reciprocated. "I know, I just woke up for some reason."

Newt looked slightly concerned for a second, before he sat up properly to face me.

"It doesn't have anything to do with what happened last night, does it?"

My mind immediately wandered back to last nights' events – I'm shocked it didn't make me sleep longer to be honest.

I shook my head. "No, no of course not. I enjoyed myself."

Newt visibly relaxed. "Me too."

And then he was up on his feet, throwing on his trousers and lacing up his shoes.

"You never told me how the trip went." He said, just as he was finishing tying up the last lace.

I was still looking for my trousers which were taking the fucking piss-

"To be fair, I didn't really get the chance to, now did I?"

The boy feigned offence as he straightened up his shirt. "How hurtful. I would never do such a thing."

I chuckled slightly. "Hm, sure okay."

He took a couple of steps towards me, and that is when I noticed my trousers in his hands. I shot him a look, which he responded with a smirk.

"So? How did it go?"

That's a great question. It's also one I'm not exactly sure how to answer.

"It went fine. We got what we needed – mostly."

A crease in Newt's eyebrows appeared. "Mostly?"

"Yeah, well, they had to evacuate earlier than expected so we didn't get all the intel we were hoping for, but we got some really important information."

I had put my trousers back on now.

"That's good at least – it will definitely be useful for the meeting later then."

My eyebrows shot up and I turned around.

"Meeting?"

The boy picked my shoe up from off the ground and handed it to me.

"Yeah, it's soon, so you better hurry up."

--

"You know they would never willingly hand over the maps – they need them just as much as we do."

Jorge looked on the verge of shooting Thomas. His eyes were closed, and his fingers were pinching the bridge of his nose to relieve tension.

"I was told you would return with the information we needed to return the others safely - did you or did you not say that, hermano?"

Thomas looked ashamed.

Around the table sat me, Jorge, Brenda, Thomas, Newt, Frypan and Harriet.

I have no fucking clue where Vince is.

He had a long day yesterday, so him sleeping in isn't remotely out of the question. However, for as long as I've known Vince, he's never slept in. Not once.

"Yes. We said we'd get enough information to get Minho back." Jorge rolled his eyes at Thomas. "Look, I know we didn't get what we wanted exactly, but we got something."

Brenda scoffed from beside Jorge.

"Bullshit. You only know how they're transporting the kids. You don't know when, or where, or why."

I looked up from where I was sitting. "That's more than you knew. We may not have gotten much, but at least we got something."

Thomas looked appreciatively at me from his chair, and continued on.

"Y/n's right. We know that they're travelling through trains. And we know roughly where they are headed. That's enough for right now."

Frypan huffed. "I bet Minho would disagree. We don't know what they're doing to them in there!"

That was the first time anyone had mentioned that. It was something we had all been thinking, but were too cowardly to say. Because, he's right.

We have no idea what Minho, Sonya and Eris are going through right now. And all of those other kids that were taken – they could be suffering the worst amount of pain the human body can deal with, and we'd have no clue.

Because while that's happening, we're all sitting here with tea and cereal, discussing how what we know right now is enough for the time being.

Fuck that.

"Where's Vince?" I suddenly asked.

Jorge looked confused as he halted in his attempts to comfort Fry.

"He's in his room."

Newt interjected. "It's past 7, he's never usually in bed gone 6."

Brenda tapped her foot on the floor, impatiently. "Today he decided to sleep in."

It was painfully obvious how Thomas wanted to open his big mouth and ask why, but for once, he didn't. Jorge exhaled slowly.

"Look, there's one more thing we need to discuss with the rest of you."

My eyebrows creased and I looked around the room. Everyone had the exact same look I did – even Brenda.

Jorge sat back down again, and placed his intertwined hands on the table. "Before Vince left for the trip, we had a talk about the future of this place and how we proceed."

The man continued. "It's mostly about resources and how we need to find a way to get hold of things we can't grow or make."

"So, in order to keep ourselves alive, Vince and I came up with the idea of sending some of us out to find things."

This time, Jorge stopped to take a look at all of our expressions, and when he saw how confused and unconvinced we were, he continued.

"We drive out a couple of miles from camp in a group, heavily armed with large bags to fit things we find on the way. You know... electrical cables, lamps, canned food, clothes, etcetera."

I blinked.

"We use the guns to clear the place we're at of cranks, take anything and everything we need, and then we head back and put it to use."

Once Jorge had stopped talking, we all just sat there. Not talking – just processing.

After about 30 seconds, Thomas spoke.

"You want us to go out there?"

Jorge nodded his head, Brenda gulped and Newt swiveled closer to me on his chair.

"Look, I know it's probably strange, but we need resources, and it's always a good idea to clear areas of cranks, isn't it?"

"When do we go?" I ask.

Jorge looked like he was biting the inside of his cheek.

"Tomorrow."

I froze. However, Newt did not. "Tomorrow?! Are you serious? You could have given us a longer warning."

Jorge audibly sighed. "What good would that have done? Vince wants us all out there tomorrow by 7:30. Pack light, suit up and get on with it."

Newt scoffed but didn't reply.

So, that's why Vince is sleeping in today. 

Coward. 

-

A/N: i'm so sorry it took me so long to get this chapter out. i have so much work to do at the minute i'm really struggling to find time to write. however, i am very excited for the next chapter - it's got some good stuff in it ;)

i'm also sorry this chapter is shorter, it's only a filler for the time being as the next few chapters wouldn't make sense without it. 

have a good weekend <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 1.1K 18
~ ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐š ๐š‹๐š˜๐š˜๐š” ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š–๐šŠ๐šฃ๐šŽ ๐š›๐šž๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š› ๐šœ๐šŽ๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐šœ. ~ ๐™ธ'๐š– ๐šœ๐š๐š’๐š•๐š• ๐š‹๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™ธ'๐š– ๐šŠ๐š•๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ ~ ๐™ธ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š—๐š˜...
309K 7.2K 23
'Sometimes it is the silent observer who sees the most.' || Maze Runner || || Scorch Trials - The Death Cure || || Newt x oc || || COMPLETED ||
321K 8.1K 17
[the maze runner] i've been lost. but as i find him again, it feels like such a relief. a fresh breath of air. peace, at last. [newt x male!oc]
263K 4.9K 39
๐™ผ๐š’๐š—๐š‘๐š˜ ๐šก ๐šˆ/๐™ฝ ๐™ฝ๐šŠ๐š”๐š˜๐šŠ สณแต‰แตƒแตˆแต‰สณ ______________ ๐™ผ๐šŠ๐šฃ๐šŽ ๐š๐šž๐š—๐š—๐šŽ๐š› ยนยฐยฒยฐยณ ______ ๐™ผ๐š’๐š—๐š‘๐š˜ ๐š’๐šœ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š–๐š˜๐šœ๐š ๐š‹๐š›๐šŠ๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐šœ๐šŠ๐šœ๐šœ๐šข...