Princess of the dawn

By Anjali9090

Teri meri, meri teri prem kahani hai mushkil. Do lafzon mein yeh bayaan na ho paye... A story of love, hatre... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The journey
Chapter 2 - Delhi
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Authors note
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Authors note
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Authors note
Chapter 68
Authors note
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Author's note
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Author's note
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76

Chapter 45

423 28 15
By Anjali9090

Jodha was surprised when Abdul was announced. Jalal's friend ...
"Is my punishment coming now?" she thought uncomfortably.

"Adab Rajkumari Jodha Bai!"

"Pranaam Abdul Khan! What brings you here?"

"I have something to bring you from the emperor!" he said seriously. He held out a moss green scroll to Jodha. She swallowed hard and took the roll. It had an official character.

"W ... was the emperor angry?" She asked uncertainly?

Abdul had to keep from laughing. Obviously, the Rajkumari feared the consequences for entering the garden.

"Well, he wasn't in a great mood. But who am I that I can interpret his moods. I'm just supposed to bring you this message! I wish you a pleasant day, Rajkumari!" He said goodbye with a polite bow. Barely out of earshot, he burst out laughing and ran back to Jalal.

"So what did she say?" asked the latter excitedly.

"Well, she was unsure. She asked me if you were upset. She probably fears the consequences because she was in your garden!" He laughed again. Jalal joined in his laugh. "Punishment is needed!" Jalal said, amused.

________________________________________________

Jodha unrolled the message with trembling fingers. Empty! Confused, she looked at the paper! Then it was probably not an official message! She quickly lit a candle and held the paper over it. In fact, after a short time, letters became visible. She eagerly began to read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adab Rajkumari Jodha Bai,

last night a beautiful flower blossomed in our garden. The flower can unfold undisturbed in the garden at any time, nothing will stop it.

Jalal ud-Din Muhammad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jodha's cheeks turned dark red. What wonderful lines! And she had permission to enter his garden!

"Jodha, Bakshi Banu Begum would like to be received!" Moti tore her from her thoughts.

"Ah, bring her in, Moti!" She quickly pushed the message under a pillow.

"Salaam Jodha. May I come in? The weather is so nice, do we want to go to the gardens? I have a little something prepared."

"Pranaam Bakshi! Why not. Let's go! Moti, come on."

They strolled through the gardens and Jodha admired the many fragrant flowers and small fountains. Bakshi had had a pavilion prepared with carpets and soft pillows. Roses arranged in bowls gave off their sweet scent. Chilled Sharbat and plates with fruits, nuts and sweets were ready. The pavilion was protected from prying eyes by light strips of fabric. Only the front was open. From here one had a wonderful view of the Yamuna on which small boats passed.

"What a beautiful view of the river! Everything is so green! What a contrast to our yellow, dry landscape in Amer!" exclaimed Jodha.

"I love the view from here!" replied Bakshi. "And the roses smell so wonderful! Tell me about Amer! You made me curious."

"Yes! The scent of the roses is indeed wonderful! Amer! The palace and the houses are made of yellow sandstone. When the sun rises and sets, they shine like liquid gold. The plants and the soil are barren. But the people defy the barren nature and are warm-hearted and hardworking. I support them wherever I can. With our vaidya I am often in the city and in the surrounding area and try to alleviate hardship and suffering. Our people are very important to me." Her voice was proud and her eyes shone as she told Bakshi about Amer. Bakshi was impressed with the warmth and pride with which she reported about her homeland. She could not imagine taking care of the ailments of the population in Agra or Delhi.

"But now I've talked enough! Tell me how will your wedding be celebrated?"

"It will go on for several days. There will be a mehndi ceremony. On the day of the nikaah, the baaraat with Sharif will be received by Jalal and then the nikaah ceremony will take place. Then there will be the big feast." Bakshi had red cheeks with excitement and with shining eyes she enthusiastically told what Hamida Banu and the royal ladies had planned for her wedding.

"You know, I didn't think I'd be able to experience such happiness again." Her eyes darkened and sadness crept into her face.

"Oh what happened?"

She told Jodha about her first husband Ibrahim and the deep grief she had fallen into after his death and how Jalal had helped her out of her grief.

"And then I found Sharif! We knew each other before. He's a few years older than me. He helped me through the difficult time when Jalal had to go to Delhi." Her eyes began to shine again. "Your sisters and you, you will also take part in the Mehndi ceremony?"

"With pleasure! I'm looking forward to. Music, dance ... mhh!" enthused Jodha.

"Do you dance?"

"Yes, I like it a lot!"

"Oh, then you have to dance at the mehndi ceremony! That will give the ceremony something special!"

"Uh ...!" Jodha blushed.

"Please! I would be very happy! We are among us women."

The young women continued to chat lively with one another.

"Salaam Bakshi! Salaam!" Sharif ud-Din stepped into the pavilion. He had found out from Bakshi's maids that she had gone to the gardens with Jodha. A good opportunity to meet the Rajkumari, he thought to himself.

"Salaam Sharif! May I introduce you to Rajkumari Jodha Bai? She is the daughter of Raja Bharmal, who is one of our wedding guests with his family. You met him at the banquet yesterday. Jodha, this is my future husband, Mirza Sharif ud-Din Hussain."

"Salaam Rajkumari Jodha Bai! I'm glad to make your acquaintance." His lips twisted into a smudgy smile and he looked lustfully at Jodha.

"Pranaam Mirza Sharif ud-Din!" She greeted politely and reserved. She felt uncomfortable under his salacious looks. How dare he stare at her like that? And that in the presence of his future wife! She was disgusted. As if by chance she pulled her dupatta across her face. Bakshi hadn't noticed anything and went on chatting innocently.

"Up close she is even more beautiful and attractive!" thought Sharif and licked his lips. He absolutely had to arrange a meeting with her alone.

"Rajkumari, some halva?" Sharif offered Jodha a piece and held it out to her.

Uncomfortably touched, she accepted the halva. Out of politeness, she didn't want to decline. Sharif deliberately touched and stroked her fingers. She quickly withdrew her hand and looked at him in disgust. His mocking look made her shiver inwardly. So it wasn't a coincidence! How could he! She shot him an angry glance. Jodha had enough. After another short chat with Bakshi, she thanked Bakshi for the invitation, said goodbye, and went back to her room with Moti. She was still disgusted with Sharif ud-Din's behavior.

"Why did we go so fast to, Jodha? It was a pleasant get-together with Bakshi Banu! You had a good time. She is very nice."

"Yes, until her future husband have joined it!" she snorted angrily. Moti looked at her inquiringly.

"Didn't you see the way he looked at me?"

"No, I couldn't see his face."

"He stared at me lustfully from top to bottom. And that in the presence of his bride! How disgusting! Poor Bakshi! She is so in love with him!"

"Chi! Is that why you pulled the dupatta across your face? I was still wondering."

"Haa! And then he offered me a piece of halva. I only took it out of courtesy and he caressed my fingers! Chi" She shook herself.

"How can he! And his bride is sitting next to it! " exclaimed Moti angrily.

"I have to get out of his way. I don't know what his intentions are! I do not like it!"

"That will be better. Did you see His Majesty last night?" Moti asked curiously and skillfully changed the subject.

"Haa!" A slight blush covered Jodha's cheeks.

"And?" teased Moti.

"He's ... mh .. has become more masculine!" The blush deepened.

"More manly?" Moti grinned.

"Moti, stop it! What do you want to hear?"

"Does he look good?" She asked with a laugh.

"Moti! Yes, he's looking very handsome. Satisfied?" Her cheeks had turned dark red. She quickly lowered her head.

"Did he do something because we were in his garden yesterday?" She asked anxiously.

"He sent me a message through Abdul Khan!"

"Really? Will you see each other? Any secret meetings?" she asked teasingly.

"Stop it! Here! " She held out the message.

"Oh, what nice lines!" Moti was impressed. "But will you go into the garden again?"

"Why not!" said Jodha with a grin. "And you will come with me again!"

"Do you really mean?"

"I have the official approval of the emperor, Moti." she replied with an innocent look and shrugged her shoulders.

"Jodha! You are impossible! I probably won't be able to dissuade you from it."

"No!"

"All right, I'll accompany you so that you are satisfied." Moti sighed deeply!

"I knew I could count on you!" Moti just snorted.

________________________________________________

"Sharif! Are you ready for your wedding?" Adham asked mockingly. "Soon you will be Jalal's brother-in-law. You belong to the royal family!" He poured two goblets of wine.

"Yes, Bakshi the stupid goose believes in the great love between us. For me it is only a means to an end." He laughed maliciously. "It was easy to win her over to me. She fell into my hands like ripe fruit. Now nothing stands in the way of my way up! She will help me! By the way, how does it feel to be married? Your mother coldly gotten you!" said Sharif gleefully.

"Half as bad. Jaweda is loyally devoted to me. I can go on living my life. She trusts me blindly." He laughed maliciously.

"You seem lucky, Adham. I will have to be careful. Jalal will surely keep an eye on me." he sighed. "Did you see the eldest daughter of the Raja of Amer at the banquet yesterday?" He licked his lips at the memory of her.

"Ji, why?"

"She is a beauty! I have to have her!"

"You are crazy! If you put your hand on her, Jalal will punish you severely. The Rajputs were invited at his behest. Nobody knows why. They are his guests. And because of Bakshi alone, he'll skin you alive! "

Sharif ran a hand over his chin thoughtfully.

"He doesn't have to find out ...!"

"Nothing in this fort remains hidden from him! In addition, her father will immediately demand justice from Jalal if you look at her only sharply!"

"We need a plan!"

"Are you really serious? You are completely crazy!"

Both laughed filthy and toasted to each other.

________________________________________________

Jalal couldn't wait for night to fall. He paced restlessly to and fro in his room. Abdul kept him company. Slowly dusk fell over the fort, letting the shadows grow longer and longer until it was finally bathed in the velvety darkness of the night. The stars blinked and a shining full moon slowly rose.

"Will she come?" asked Abdul.

"I dont know. If she's as bold as she was in Delhi, she'll come!" He smiled as he remembered their meeting on the hunt. "Let's go to the balcony, Abdul!"

Both leaned against the parapet and looked out into the torch-lit garden. Jalal had ordered more torches to be lighted. They looked silently into the darkness. Suddenly two narrow shadows moved between the black silhouettes of the plants. They stepped into the torch light and sat at the edge of a pool of water. Jodha and her maid!

"She has come, Abdul!" whispered Jalal.

"I'll leave you alone now!" Abdul whispered back. "Shab bakhair, Jalal!" But Jalal no longer heard him. He was lost in the sight of Jodha.

Jodha sat at the edge of the water basin and, lost in thought, dipped her hand into the water and moved it back and forth. She had closed her eyes and was enjoying the fresh air and the peaceful, nocturnal atmosphere. The roses gave off their sweet scent. Together with the flickering light from the torches, they created a magical mood. She raised her face to the sky and looked at the shining moon, which was now fully up.

„If you want the moon,
do not hide from the night.
If you want a rose,
do not run from the thorns.
If you want love,
do not hide from yourself."

"Kanha, what kind of lines was that?" she thought confused. "Fate has decided!" it echoed! Startled, she pulled her hand out of the water. She turned and looked at the balcony. She saw Jalal and at the same time her hand began to tingle and the ring became warm. Jalal startled out of his absorption when his hand also began to tingle and the ring became warm. Amazed, he looked from his hand to Jodha and began to smile. He raised his hand, took off the ring and placed it visibly on the palm of his hand. Moti looked speechless from Jodha to Jalal. The magical atmosphere seemed to float between the garden and the balcony. Jodha looked away, embarrassed.

Jalal decided to go into the garden. He had passed the last rose trellis and he was standing by the water basin. She was gone! Disappointment spread inside him. Where was the bold girl in Delhi who secretly had snucked to the hunt, to meet him? He slowly went back to his chambers. There he took a dagger in an intricately chiselled scabbard from a chest. The handle ended in an elaborately forged blossom of a desert rose. He gently stroked the blossom. "Registaan ka gulaab" he muttered and thought of Jodha. He had had the dagger made especially for her. A dagger for the bold Rajput princess! She had become a beautiful young woman. Surely she had already received a lot of proposals and he was surprised that she wasn't married yet. He had to let his spies work! His thoughts were racing. Amer was in a difficult position. He knew that several Rajput rulers had refused an alliance with Amer. Amer's army was too small to withstand an attack. Should he start talks with the Raja about an alliance?

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 12.2K 45
||PART 1- REGAL DUOLOGY|| Aradhya, the firstborn of the king of Shiladhika...her life wasn't very pretty. Dispised for being a concubine's daughter...
3.4K 154 13
A tale of love between a Hindu girl and The Emperor Jalaluddin Mohammad Akbar *** Shehenshah was always proud of his wives. The women were tactful, i...
52.1K 2.7K 28
Murtasim Khan and Meerab Wakas Ahmad are forced into an unwanted bond called "marriage". Their family tied them into this bond when Meerab was born a...
2.8K 574 21
[ONC 20204: Prompt #12] A princess marries a conqueror she doesn't love. A favourite breathes in forbidden love for the same man. **** Roshanak wake...