Andante con Brio

By Avdk80

The long awaited moment is there: Eddy is finally turning eighteen. But has he told his mum about his plans t... More

I
II (NSFW)
III (slightly NSFW, first half is safe though. Also, my kid can read it ;-))
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV (NSFW)
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV (NSFW)
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI (somewhat NSFW, my kid can read it though)
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII (NSFW)
IL
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV (NSFW)
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX (NSFW, and how great did that Roman Numeral turn out? ;-))
LX (NSFW)
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII (NSFW)
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXV
LXXVI
LXXVII
LXXVIII (slightly NSFW)
LXXIX
LXXX
LXXXI (NSFW)
LXXXII
LXXXIII
LXXXIV
LXXXV
LXXXVI
LXXXVII
LXXXVIII
LXXXIX
XC (NSFW - see? Author-san's got your back <3)
XCI (NSFW)
XCII
XCIII
XCIV (NSFW)
XCV
XCVI
XCVII
XCVIII
IC
C
CI (NSFW)
CIII
CIV
CV (2nd half ever so slightly NSFW.)
CVI (NSFW)
CVII
CVIII
CIX
CX
CXI
CXII (NSFW - but last paragraph is 'safe')
CXIII
CXIV
CXV
CXVI
CXVII
CXVIII (NSFW)
CXIX
CXX
CXXI
CXXII
CXXIII
CXXIV
CXXV
CXXVI
CXXVII
CXXVIII (second half is NSFW)
CXXIX
CXXX (NSFW)
CXXXI
CXXXII
CXXXIII
CXXXIV
CXXXV (NSFW)
CXXXVI (NSFW)
CXXXVII
CXXXVIII
CXXXIX
CXL
CXLI
CXLII
CXLIII
CXLIV (somewhat NSFW. Not really)
CXLV (NSFW)
CXLVI
CXLVII
CXLVIII (NSFW)
CIL (NSFW)
CL
CLI
CLII
CLIII
CLIV (second half is NSFW)
CLV
CLVI
CLVII
CLVIII (NSFW)
CLIX
CLX
CLXI
CLXII
CLXIII
CLXIV
CLXV (NSFW)
CLXVI (NSFW)
CLXVII
CLXVIII
CLXIX
CLXX (2nd half NSFW)
CLXXI
CLXXII
CLXXIII: Whoops, COVID. Will be back on Monday! (promise!)
CLXXIV
CLXXV
CLXXVI
CLXXVII
CLXXVIII (just a tiny bit NSFW. Not really.)
CLXXIX
CLXXX (NSFW)
CLXXXI
CLXXXII (NSFW)
CLXXXIII (NSFW)
CLXXXIV
CLXXXV
CLXXXVI
CLXXXVII
CLXXXVIII
CIXC
CXC
CXCI (ever so slightly NSFW. Not really.)
CXCII (2nd half NSFW)
CXCIII (first half NSFW)
CXCIV
CXCV
CXCVI (slightly NSFW. Not really)
CXCVII
CXCVIII
CIC
CC

CII

624 42 18
By Avdk80

It was the weirdest thing in the world, sliding into the backseat of the Yang family car next to Brett, his mum on his other side. Would she be able to feel the currents that flowed from Brett's thigh to his? Would she be able to sense how lovely it felt to him, to have that warm leg against his own, separated only by their thin dress trousers? 
Oh, what he wouldn't give to be able to lean his head on Brett's shoulder, the way that felt so good, so natural. The way he would easily be able to do if Brett were a girl and they had just been a couple for ages. 
He grinned suddenly. Even if they had been a straight couple, there was no way his mum would have been okay with what they just did in the restaurant's bathroom, was there? It was exhilarating to sit next to him now, their secret encounter clearly unnoticed by anyone, and he couldn't wipe the smile off his face. 
"What's funny?" Brett asked in his ironic voice, saving the moment with his calm, with his poise. 
"Oh, I was just thinking about Todd, almost knocking my shoulder off backstage." he lied smoothly. "God, I was so nervous!"
Brett grinned too now. "Yeah. But you'll be a lot better for your second concert. You really do get used to it. Well. Somewhat anyway."
It was dark outside by now, of course, and he stared for a moment at the passing streets. It was like his mum wasn't even there, like it was just the two of them in the back seat, a little world of their own.
"I loved it. I may have been really nervous but it was the best concert ever."
"Even better than the quartet concert in Perth?"
Eddy smiled into the dark. 
"Hm. Maybe not."
He could sense Brett's shrug. 
"We'll do lots of concerts together. You can decide your favourite when you're old and grey."

He wished the car would stall, stop, get stuck in a traffic jam or in front of a broken traffic light. He wanted everything and anything but to get home and to have to get out, leaving Brett to go home with his parents. But of course the car drove just fine and there was barely any traffic this late. His street came up before he knew it and his mum was already opening the door, thanking Brett's parents again for driving them home. 
"Okay, see you tomorrow." he said, impressively neutrally if he may say so himself, and followed his mum out of the car. "Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Yang." 
He sstood on the curb with his mum and he looked back once at the car, speeding away from him, taking Brett with it. He felt empty, now, the high of the concert mostly evaporated. He took a deep breath and walked into their house after his mum. 

"Some tea before you go to bed, Eddy?"
His mum was already walking to the kitchen to put on the kettle. And to be honest, some tea sounded nice. Not going to the empty bed yet sounded nice too. His mum gave him a searching look as she filled the kettle and put it on the stove.
"You've looked so happy."
It was four simple words, spoken in a simple, soft tone, but something shifted inside him and suddenly he had to swallow to stop himself from tearing up. He put his hand on his mum's shoulder. He felt like he towered over her now. 
"Have I? Making music makes me happy, mum. And I love this orchestra, I love being in a place where everyone wants the same thing."
She nodded, her eyes hooded, and her lips twisted once. Then she smiled at him and turned around to grab the cups and the tea. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 8K 126
For a while now, Eddy has been feeling things for his best friend he ought not to. He's keeping it under wraps, though. Brett's his best friend, h...
2.1K 126 10
[COMPLETED] Eddy just turned 18. He is drawn to Brett, who seems to know all the answers to life's difficult questions. Eddy wants to be just like...
16.1K 1K 87
As a first year student of the Queensland con, Brett Yang can count himself very lucky. He's chosen as a candidate for the soloist spot for a joint o...
216K 3.1K 21
Will Brett ever manage to say the R word??? But just as importantly, will he have the courage to be true to himself and to his feelings? Enjoy readin...