The last Senju *Discontinued...

By IdahBee123

Katsumi Senju...Great Granddaughter to Tobirama Senju, and great grandniece to Hashirama Senju. We follow her... More

Authors Note *you can skip* :)
Character introduction :D
ch 1 :) day before graduation
Ch 2 day of the exams + graduation
Ch 3 the bell test! team 7
Authors note
ch 4 our first mission!
Chapter 5 C rank mission!
Chapter 5.5 (filler) movie night
Chapter 6 Zabuza and Haku!?
Chapter 7 Back home again
Chapter 8 Chunin exams! (1&2 of the exam)
Chapter 9 preliminaries and prep
Chapter 10 the third stage
Chapter 11 Aunt Tsunade
Chapter 12 Rasengan and Orochimaru!?
Chapter 13 Sasuke?
Chapter 14 training pt1
Chapter 15 intensive training pt2
Chapter 16 training pt3
Chapter 17 Naruto!
Chapter 18 Sassori, the Red Sand
Chapter 19 Yamato sensei!?
Chapter 20 who are you, Sasuke
Thank you!
Chapter 21 Hello Kaito
Chapter 22 More children!
Authors note~
Chapter 23 Pein
Chapter 24 starting to rebuild
Chapter 25 a new rank + goodbyes of the past
Chapter 26 healing and returning to the world
Chapter 27 New mission with Naruto
Chapter 29 on the water
Chapter 30 Land...FINALLY
chapter 31 Kushina
Athors note! its short I promise
Quick Note
Note from an old friend
Chapter 32 Whats next?
Chapter 33 New Adventure!
My opinions so far

Chapter 28 setting sail

131 4 0
By IdahBee123

I woke up the next day to Naruto's foot on my face. "EW NARUTO!? What reason is there for your foot to be on my face!?" I whisper yell at him. I try to be quiet since its not even sunrise yet. He is a heavy sleeper so he stays asleep. I get up and take a quick shower. Then I go to the kitchen to make some breakfast. 

I decide against ramen, since it can be very unhealthy to have that heavy of a meal in the mornings. I then get myself situated and read my book. I sit there for a while and watch the sun rise. Then I get my journal out and write all that I have done in there. I get out a new booklet, its completely blank and its quite small. 

My plan is for while on this trip, I want to create my own jutsu. It will take a while, but I can use this mission as a huge training montage. I take it and put it in a scroll as well as some other essentials. After a while, Naruto wakes up and starts grumbling. 

"Ne Naruto, I made you breakfast already. Its on the table if you want it. Mission day is today so make sure you eat up." I say to him. He nods groggily and gets up. He makes his way to the kitchen to find the food I made him earlier. After everything that has been happening, my journal entry becomes increasingly long. I dont update my journal all the time. So when I do, I tend to write and continue to write until I run out of things to write. Leaving me with a few full pages of writing. 

Naruto walks back in the room with a cup of fresh ramen. I sweatdrop at his predictable breakfast. "Katsumi-chan when did you wake up?" Naruto asks me. Only now noticing me being fully prepared to do ninja work. 

"I woke up right before sunrise. I wanted to get some stuff done before we left" I say standing up. "Yosh, you have everything ready for the mission right? We are going to be at sea for a while." I say to him. He nods in response. We end up getting all our things ready for our newest mission. 

~~~Time skip~~~

"Ah! the youthful snowflake and the young uzumaki!" Gai yells. Then he jumps up and gives the both of us a toothy grin and a large thumbs up. "We shall embark on a wonderful journey of my youthful rivals students!" He exclaims. Making me sweat drop. Its way to early for this, what a drag. 

We end up waiting for Yamato and a few others to meet us at the gates. As soon as we get there, we make our way through the trees. Since this mission is in need of my sensory skills, I put more focus into the surrounding areas. 

I sense some enemy ninja steering a little too close to home, I secretly signal to Yamato to make a turn. We need to avoid confrontation if we can. My instructions were to stick with Naruto no matter what, and I intend to do just that. I need to make like water and flow around his movements, then I take the momentum of his decisions to guide him across the river. 

That is my mission, I just wish Naruto and I could go onto the field and kick ass. Oh well, lets just see where this goes for now. Knowing Naruto and his impulses, as soon as he figures out there is a war, we are going to run straight towards it. 

Yamato directs us away from whatever enemy ninja that was ahead of us. "Ne ne Katsumi-chan, you excited for the new mission?" Naruto asks me looking over. 

"HM? Oh ya! I havent been on a difficult mission like this one in a while. This will be your first A rank mission yea?" I ask trying to get him fully invested in the mission. 

"Oh yea! I am pumped! We are going to be legends Katsumi! Beleive it!" Naruto exclaims. 

"Of course I beleive it Naruto! Your going to be hokage and when we get Sasuke back, we are going to be your right and left hands" I say to him with a smile. I means every word too. From the begining when we all were put on team 7, I sort of felt like it would be a strong bond. 

Now with us being separated, Sasuke being a rouge nin, Naruto and I still being in the leaf, and Kakashi sensei taking charge of a whole war unit of thousands of shinobi. In a weird way I think our bonds grew stronger. 

As we run, its become peaceful. The wind is blowing through my long hair. The sun is poking through the trees. We are currently on our way to where our boat is. The trip to Turtle island will be long, but I am sure it will be exciting. 

~~~Time skip cus im lazy~~~

We arrive to the small town where our boat is supposedly waiting for us. "Hey you guys, im going to go around town before we head out. This might be our last chance to grab some non perishable food. Not to mention anything else you cant find on the water." I said to the group. 

"Katsumi chan ill come with you!" Naruto says walking over to where I am. 

"Alright, stick together, we are supposed to leave soon." Yamato sensei said to us. We nod and head off to find something to eat. 

"Naruto you want ramen or dango?" i ask him looking at the two shops down the street. 

"Ramen! But Ichiraku ramen is the best!" He yells. I sweat drop in responce.  

"Naruto lets not make a scene ok?" I say to him in response. I noticed all the people looking at us weirdly. Like they have never seen a ninja before. "Ne Naruto, you see all of them looking at us weirdly?" I whisper to him. 

"Hm? Are they?" He asks, now looking around at the villagers. He sweatdrops at the people staring. "Yea I guess so. Maybe ninja just arent common!" Naruto says giving them the benifit of the doubt. 

"Ok, if you say so. Your the boss" I reply shrugging. We make our way to a pastry shop. They had strawberry mochi, (my fav) and I bough one. I ate it while we made our way to the ramen shop acrosss the road. 

"Hey man! I would like a Miso ramen please!" Naruto says to the man who runs the shop. 

"Ill have whatever hes having" I say after. We chat, eat our food, and wander through the now weary village. We make our way to the boat to find out our trip is postponed. Apparently there is a monster at sea, attacking anyone who sails at night.

"What do you mean we cant set sail yet?" Naruto exclaims. He seems pretty frustrated that his mission was postponed. 

Guy decided he wants to go out to see this 'monster' for himself. He said "With the power of youth! I can defeat this monster!" I sweat drop at his predictable antics. HE sets sail on a tiny boat with one of the other Jounin on the mission with us. He seems to be annoyed by how he was the one who drew the short stick. 

Out of no where, the boat seems to just shatter! There is a massive wave in the distance. I can sense a strong and very old chakra from their direction. It almost reminds me of Gambunta and Katsuyu. The two summoning me and Naruto have. 

"Naruto!" I yell to him. He nods and we spring into action. While Guy and the other jounin fight the sea summoning, someone in a small boat tries to reel it in!? The phycopath then actually manages to hook it!

However, before he can get to it, his boat gets smash. Naruto jumps up and catches him. Yamato uses his woodstyle and I use my water style to subdue the angered summoning. After the fight with Zabuza all those years ago, I asked Kakashi sensei to teach me some of his justus. He ended up teaching me some of them. I master water prison long ago. That is the justsu I am currently using on him. Except on a much larger scale. 

"Yamato! This thing is too strong! Its going to pull you down with him!!" I yell to my sensei. 

"Get the sailor to safety!" He yells back. Naruto nods and jumps his way to shore. Yamato releases his woodstyle, and I release my waterstyle.  We all reach the shore and let the sailor into our boat. 

"Hey let me heal all your injuries. We dont want them to get infected." I say to everyone. Guy has a few, and the sailor has some Nasty bruises and splinters. Other than that, everyone seems to be fine. 

"Thanks" The sailor says to me bluntly. He then leaves the room to go get a rope. 

"That thing has to be a summoning animal, but why would it still be here? Do you think it was left over from the ninja war?" I ask the group of jounin plus Naruto. 

"Its possible, normally when a summoner dies, their contract with their summoning ends, and they return to where the resided before." Yamato says. 

"Maybe the war isnt over for that summoning in particular?" I respond, just throwing out ideas for what this could mean. 

The man walks back in now with his rope. "That thing has been here for 15 years. Ninja wars are such a nucense. Because of that thing, all the cowardly sailors dont sail anymore." The sailor says, rolling his rope. He stands up to put it on a hook. 

"Why did you go out there anyways? That was very dangerous! If we werent here, you could have died!" Naruto exclaims at the fisherman. "Why are you so hell bent on catching that thing anyways?" Naruto asks. 

I notice a picture of the sailor with what looks to be his dad. "A man who loses shouldnt be called a father or a son!" He exclaims. "You know nothing of me" He says to Naruto. Almost spitting in his face. 

I take a step out, I felt like I was intruding on something. Naruto is the one who normally is able to emotionally connect to these kinds of people. Im more of the one who follows his requests. 

I go outside and take out my book. By now its dark outside and the stars are out. It looks beautiful, and you can see the sky's reflection on the water. Its peaceful out, and I enjoy the calm sounds of the waves...

that is until I got oh so rudely interrupted by a loud blonde. "Katsumi chan!! Come down, lets build Yuske a boat!" Naruto yells. I almost fall off into the water. 

"MY GOD Naruto! You scared the jesus out of me!" I yell back. 

"Hehehe gomen gomen!" He replies. 

"Okok lets get to work." I say to him. 

~~~~Next morning~~~~

I end up making him a small ish boat with a sturdy fishing rod. I let Yamato rest his wood style, my chakra reserves are larger than his. Yuske tries out the fishing rod, I can tell its a pretty good one. He looks pleased with it, and I feel proud of myself for making it. 

Next thing I know, Gai is using the gates chakra to use the ore really fast. I also find out that Gai is for gods sake sea sick! This is going to be a tong trip. We can see the fish in the water below. Yuske throws out a wooden lure that liikes just like Naruto! 

"HA IS THAT NARU!?" I exclaim laughing really hard. 

"He looks flashy, and like hed be a nice lure" Yuske explains. Then he throws it in the water.  

"AH! Im going to get eaten!" Naruto yells now depressed. 

Soon enough, the fish takes the bait. Yuske lets the fish struggle against its line. "Gai can you move any faster?" Yuske asks.

"I have reached my youthful limit" Gai says depleated. The fish pulls Yuske in, Naruto tries to catch him, but Yuske shrugs it off. Saying that its him and the fishes fight. The fight against the fish draws on for a while longer. I start to get a little inpatient. 

"Hey, can we help please?" I say to them, getting a bit squeamish. 

"No, Katsumi-chan, this is his fight." Naruto says to me. 

Yuske reels the fish in more and more. The rod starts to bend even more. Then finally in almost a fleeting moment. The fish jumps over the boat! Its almost beautiful too! We caught the giant fish!

"Why didn't the fish return to his home world?" Yamato asks. Naruto takes a look at the fish. He jumps over to his head, takes out a demon wind shuriken. 

"I was right! It was a victim of the third ninja war." I say accomplished with myself. We take the fish out to sea, and he disappears into a cloud of smoke. Most likely back to his home where he belongs. Finally, we set sail for the next stop on our adventure! "You ready for whats coming Naruto?" I ask him while we sit on the edge of the boat. 

I have my back leaning against him while one foot dangles off. I have my book out, and I am reading a book I got at the docks. Naruto is in the same position as me, except hes looking up and his head is on top of mine. "I guess so, im supper excited to go on this mission though! The old frog geezer said there is a prophecy I need to complete. That there is an octopus that needs to train me. Being at sea will make it a lot easier to find the octopus!" Naruto exclaims. 

I chuckle at his antics. "Yea I guess it will! Mind if I tag along on that super cool training of yours? Sounds like it will be a lot of fun to do." I say to him, hoping he will take the bait. I do want to see this training, but tagging along is my mission after all. 

"Yea sure! We can work on our tag team in sage mode!" Naruto says now excited. He has his fists up in the air. 

I laugh at his enthusiasm. "Yea! We haven't had a chance to really see what kind of damage we can do now. Well, besides the fight against Pein. By the way, you did really good during that fight. I don't know if I got to actually congratulate you for that cool ass win" I say to him in sincerity. 

"Aw thanks Katsumi-chan!" Without you and the others Im not sure I would have won." He replies. "Your strong Katsumi-chan, and soon enough, we are going to be strong enough to save sasuke!" Naruto exclaims. He pulls out his necklace and I pull out mine. 

"Its been a while since we have seem him. You fought with him right?" I ask him. 

"Yea I did, you did too. Shikamaru told me about it when I got back from my training." Naruto says shocking me a bit. 

"He did? I told him not to tell you! That sneeky bastard" I say shaking my fist at figurative shikamaru. 

~~~~In the leaf village~~~~

*aCHOO*"am I getting a cold?" Shikamaru asks himself. 

"Hey shikamaru, someone might be talking about you!" Choji says between mouthfuls of chips. 

"No, I dont think so. Lets get going, we need to meet up with Ino and the others." Shikamaru says to him. 

"Right!" Choji responds. 

~~~~Back to Katsumi and Naruto~~~~

"Yea, I did fight him. We ended up destroying a substantial amount of the forest. After the fight, I turned the place into a pond/lake. I didnt want to leave a gaping creator there." I say shrugging. 

"Whaat! Thats so cool Katsumi-chan! You have to teach me!" Naruto exclaims turning around. Making me fall on my head. 

"OW! Naruto!" I yell back sitting up. 

"Hehe sorry Katsumi-chan" Naruto says rubbing his neck. 

"You have been to the place anyways. We rested there on one of our missions with Yamato sensei" I say to him grumbling a bit at the now light headache I have. 

"Really?" He asks rhetorically. I nod back at him. 

"Im going to go and see if the sailors need any help. Wanna come with?" I ask him jumping down. 

"Yea!" He responds. Now we are officially sailing towards Turtle island. Hopefully away from any danger.

~~~~~~~Authors Note~~~~~~~

Hey! Sorry again for the slow updates. Im studying for SAT's and its really stressful. I will try to write another chapter tomorrow since it will be a sunday. I hope you all have a lovely day or night! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 17K 87
Yoshima Senju is the princess of the Senju clan. She always has had the dream of becoming a Shinobi, but her family makes sure she's kept safe at al...
44.6K 1.5K 62
Shirayuki, your average ninja, becomes a ninja along with Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. She's not strong or smart, just observant. And has the privilege...
46.8K 1.4K 23
REWRIGHTING 2021 ( KakashixReader) You grew up in the Uchiha Compound. You were a warm independent loving type of person. You and Itachi did everyt...
106K 4.4K 40
[COMPLETED] *book one in the Uzumaki series* Tomomi Uzumaki only has one close friend. And he's an Uchiha. She tried to keep him a secret from her...