The Pentelements *SLOW UPDATE...

By Josalen144

Kirstie can see into the future Avi can see the past Mitch is a charmer Kevin is the brain Scott is the brawn... More

PROLOGUE
Ch. 1 Meetings at the Mall
Ch. 2 New Arrival
Ch. 3 Robots and Aliens
Ch. 4 Avi's Family
Ch. 5 Motel Madness
Ch. 6 Can You Hear Me?
Ch. 7 Testing Talents
Ch. 8 Showing Avi & Sneaking Around
Ch. 9 Let's Talk
Ch. 10 Questions and Confessions
Ch. 11 Stolen
Ch. 12 Police Station
A/N Anniversary Party!!!!
Ch. 13 First Look
Ch. 14 Pursuing the Persuader
Ch. 15 All Around the Mulberry Bush
Ch. 16 Can I Play?
Ch. 17 Don't You Dare
Ch. 18 Uh Oh
A/N Sneak Peek
Ch. 19 What Did You Do?!
Ch. 20 We Need A Plan
Ch. 21 Race Against Time
Ch. 22 Survival Strategy
Ch. 23 Plane Escape
Ch. 24 What A Day
Ch. 25 Family Matters
Ch. 26 Goodbye
Ch. 27 Shenanigans
Ch. 28 Truth or Dare
Ch. 29 Group Chat
Ch. 30 Almost There
Ch. 31 Test Drive
A/N Valentine's Day (OPEN)
Ch. 32 Chores
Ch. 33 Ruckus
Ch. 34 Welcome
Ch. 35 Break It
Ch. 36 Are We There Yet?
Ch. 37 Getting Started
Ch. 38 Avi's Turn
Ch. 39 Cheerleader
Ch. 40 Trampoline
Ch. 41 Explanation (Avi)
Ch. 42 Fun Times
Ch. 43 Early Morning
Ch. 44 Eggs
Ch. 45 Double Yolk
Ch. 46 Face Value
Ch. 47 Boots
Ch. 48 Getting Ready
Ch. 49 Fashion Police
Ch. 50 :)
Ch. 51 Growth Spurt
Ch. 52 Explanation (Kevin/Todrick)
Ch. 53 Friends and Foes
Ch. 54 Mitch vs. Avi
Ch. 56 Accidentally, Of Course
Ch. 57 Police Chase
Ch. 58 Breathe
Ch. 59 Munchie
Ch. 60 Meditate
Ch. 61 Stirling's Strings
A/N Quick Update

Ch. 55 Two Against One

105 10 6
By Josalen144

A/N I have no words. I am SOOOOO sorry for not updating, I got stuck on where to end this!!! Also it seemed all my free time was being spent on doing chores, helping my aunt with her upcoming wedding, and getting dragged around to environments that weren't entirely ideal for writing stories. Plus writer's block but we won't mention that :3 ANYWAY!!! I AM BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!!! (kinda lol) JUST IN TIME FOR CLASSES TO GET DIFFICULT!!! 😂😂😂 Why do I do this to myself... ENJOY!!!

~*~Recap~*~

"There. Now we both have a headache." He laughed, taking out his earbuds.

Mitch stretched a bit more before turning to the small audience that had gathered.

"So... who's next?"

~*~*~

"You ready?" Kevin asked, looking at Todrick.

"Yeah, let's get this over with."

Mitch watched Kevin and Todrick take off their socks and shoes, and climb into the ring, starting to stretch.

"Two against one, huh? That's more than fair." Mitch commented, then he turned to Avi and lightly tapped his back with his foot. "Ei, get out. Better people are coming to fight me."

Avi turned and glared at him with a small groan and Mitch rolled his eyes.

"I don't know why you're giving me that look. You're the one who instigated the fight in the first place. It's not my fault you couldn't hold your own, now beat it."

Mitch kicked Avi so he fell out of the ring and landed on his butt. As Avi glared up at him, Mitch just snickered and looked over at Scott and Kirstie.

"Whaddya say, Kirstin? Stretch? Wanna come up here and get your asses handed to you?"

Scott and Kirstie glanced at each other before shaking their heads and putting their hands up.

"No thanks, we're good." They said, taking a step back.

"Suit yourselves." Mitch shrugged, then he turned his attention back to Kevin and Todrick, who finished their stretches and got in a familiar fighting stance. "Karate, huh? Well, this should be interesting. Let's see how you do."

Mitch put his earbuds back in and started to get back into his own stance when he paused and had an amazed look on his face.

"What?" Kevin asked, but Mitch didn't answer.

Instead, he ran over to his phone and picked it up.

"Oh meu deus, what song is this?! It's so good!" He quickly unlocked his phone and saw what was playing. "Ooh, okay. I'm gonna like this and add you to this playlist, and... this one... and this one, definitely this one... and, maybe this one, and this one too! And now I'm gonna start you from the beginning 'cause I didn't hear how you started, and... let's do this!"

After adding the song to a bunch of different playlists and starting it over, Mitch tossed his phone to the side and turned back to Kevin and Todrick.

"Are you ready now?" Todrick asked, and Mitch just got in his fighting stance with a smirk.

"Come at me."

Kevin moved first. He ran towards Mitch and started a series of punches and kicks. Mitch was able to block most of them, but still got hit a couple of times. Kevin kept forcing Mitch back until he was close to the other side of the ring. When Mitch saw how far he was driven back, he caught one of Kevin's fists and squeezed it tight.

"Not bad. Now let's see how you can handle it."

Mitch pushed Kevin's fist back and started his own attack. This time he was much faster than when he was fighting Avi, giving high kicks that drove Kevin back as he tried to block them. Kevin managed to land a few blows of his own, but Mitch landed a kick square in Kevin's chest, making him fall back.

As Mitch watched Kevin fall and try to recover, Todrick ran at him and started his attack. Mitch saw him out of the corner of his eye and quickly rolled out of the way. He turned his attention to Todrick and started matching his punches, blocking them in the process.

As the two continued their fight around the ring, the crowd watched intently, growing in size.

"Woah, who do you think's gonna win?" One bystander asked.

"Two against one? He's obviously outmatched." Another responded.

"I don't know, did you see how he took down the first guy. It was like he was barely trying but still managed to beat him."

"I can hear you, ya know." Avi grumbled, turning to look at the two.

"Oh, sorry man." One of them apologized. The other just rolled his eyes and looked back to the fight.

By now, both Kevin and Todrick were fighting Mitch at the same time. They weren't sure how, but Mitch was still able to hold his own against them. Todrick charged at Mitch, but Mitch slid under him, grabbed his legs, and threw him off balance. Kevin came up and tried to punch him, but Mitch grabbed his arm and swung him around into Todrick, who was getting up.

Mitch jumped and tried to land a kick on them, but they rolled out of the way. He turned to face them and paused for a brief moment, closing his eyes and groaning. Apparently, his headache was getting worse. Mitch shook it off and got in a defensive stance.

"Tudo bem, vamos terminar isso." He grumbled, blowing his bangs out of his eyes.

They both got up and Todrick ran at Mitch, continuing their fight. Mitch blocked and dodged all of his attacks, then kicked him back and ran at him this time. Todrick got ready for Mitch's attack, but instead of fighting him, Mitch jumped over him, almost like he was playing leapfrog, and kicked Kevin in the face.

Kevin stumbled because he wasn't expecting it, and Todrick turned around to help him, only to get elbowed in the face and flipped on his back. Mitch put a foot on his chest while Kevin ran at him. All while keeping his foot on Todrick's chest, Mitch blocked some of Kevin's moves, grabbed his arm, and put him in a strange headlock.

Kevin froze and the crowd filled with quiet gasps and soft comments.

"You guys done? Or should we keep going?" Mitch asked as he applied pressure to Todrick's chest.

"Okay... we yield." Kevin said, trying not to move.

Todrick sighed and let his head fall back on the mat, slowly catching his breath.

"Aw, come on guys. Don't give up." Someone in the crowd said.

"Yeah, it's fun watching you fight." Another piped up.

"Dude, do you not see the situation they're in?" The person next to them asked.

"What? That one's being stepped on, and the other one's just in a headlock."

"Well this one is getting tired and hasn't had to fight like this in a few years." Todrick argued, lifting his head again.

"And this isn't just a headlock," Kevin grunted, struggling to stay still. "One wrong move and he could pull my shoulder out of its socket."

"Dang, really?" The person asked, and Kevin and Todrick both nodded.

"Yeah, and I don't know about you, but I'd prefer if my shoulder stayed in its socket. It's more useful that way... Can you let us go now?"

Mitch finally released the two of them and took out his earbuds. Todrick stood up again and brushed himself off while Kevin backed away and rolled his shoulder. Once he was sure it was okay, he began stretching.

"Well... that was something."

"Yeah, I guess. Thanks for the warm-up."

"The warm-" Kevin cut himself off and took a deep breath. "Where'd you learn to fight like that?"

"Our aunt taught us," Mitch said nonchalantly, doing his own stretches. "She always said some people were too stupid to reason with, so we'd have to smack them around a bit. It was really useful for whenever we got in trouble, too. It's always good to be able to hold your own in a fight."

"Oh, so..." Kevin trailed off when he processed what he'd heard. "We?"

"Hmm?" Mitch looked confused for a few seconds until he realized what he said. "Oh, uh, me! Er, I... uh... It was really useful for whenever I got in trouble." He corrected, looking away and rubbing his temple. "Desculpe, slip of the tongue."

"Uh-huh... um, how's your headache?"

"It'd be better if I was lying down, but a certain someone decided they wanted to come here instead and get their ass handed to them." Mitch snapped.

"Well, excuse me for expecting a normal fight and not some weird gymnastics or whatever that was." Avi argued, and Mitch glared at him.

"It's called Capoeira, dumbass. And if my head didn't hurt so badly, I'd go down there and show you exactly what I know."

"If your head hurts so much, why did you agree to come here in the first place?"

"Because you were being annoying and I decided that this would be the best place to hit you and get away with it." Mitch told him, picking up his shirt and putting it back on. "Besides, someone had to tell you to shut the fuck up, and these chucklefucks weren't gonna do shit."

"Hey, now you're just being mean." Kevin scolded. "And speaking of mean, I think you owe us an apology for what you said back at my house."

"Why? I meant everything I said. It's not my fault you guys can't handle the truth."

"The truth?"

"Yeah, Avi's a giant manbaby, Kirstin lets people walk all over her like a doormat, and you act like an annoying pop-up ad that you can't get rid of." Mitch repeated, remembering what he said earlier.

"None of us are like that."

"Look, I'm just going off of what I've seen lately, and that's it." Everyone looked at him in disbelief and he rolled his eyes with a sigh. "Fine, if you really want an apology, then the only person I'll give it to is Rodrick."

"Todrick." Kevin corrected.

"Yeah that's what I meant. I guess it wasn't fair since I insulted his looks and that's not really something you can control. So... sorry, I guess."

"You guess?"

"What more do you want from me?"

"Oh, I don't know. How about an actual apology?"

"You wanted an actual apology? Well I wanted to be lying face down in a pillow so my headache can go away, and yet, here we are."

"Kev, it's fine," Todrick told him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Something tells me this is the best we're gonna get. Besides, we know how you act when you've got a headache, so don't worry."

"Alright... fine." Kevin sighed, dropping the subject. "Anyway, while we're here, do you guys wanna practice fighting?"

By now the crowd was getting smaller, with people returning to their own workouts. He looked at Scott, Avi, and Kirstie who remained silent until they realized he was talking to them.

"Oh, us?" Kirstie asked, somewhat surprised, and Kevin smiled.

"Yes, you three are the only people I was looking at when I asked the question."

"Practice for what?" Avi wondered aloud.

"Well, I just thought everyone could use a bit of practice now and then. But I mainly wanted to test something out."

"What?"

"I want everyone to get up here and fight me."

"What? Why?" Todrick asked, confused.

"Didn't get hurt enough?" Mitch snickered, and Kevin ignored him.

"I think the main reason why Mitch was able to beat us, two against one, besides the fact we hadn't had to fight like that in a while, was because we were uncoordinated."

"Really? Just uncoordinated?"

"Well, it doesn't matter how many people you're fighting or how good they are. If they're uncoordinated, then they could be running into each other, getting in someone's way, stopping someone from doing what they were doing because they're distracted from what someone else is doing, it makes them easy to beat." Kevin explained.

"And you know this off the top of your head because...?" Avi trailed off and Kevin just smiled.

"Most of it's common sense, but that's why I wanted to test it out. So I can know for certain."

"Um, are you sure this is a good idea?" Scott asked, feeling a little nervous. "What if someone gets hurt?"

"The floor of the ring is padded with a light spring to help with cushioning and bouncing, and everyone but me is going to have one target, so it's not like you'll be fighting each other."

"But..."

"Scott, just get up here. It's me. I'm not going to let anything bad happen." Kevin reassured him, and Scott hesitated before nodding and climbing into the ring.

"Your shoes! No shoes on the mat!" An employee called to them.

"Ah! S-Sorry!" Scott apologized, and hastily sat down to take off his shoes.

~*~*~

A/N Sorry again for not updating! I'll try to do it more often in the future. Pinky Promise 😊 Anyway, let me know what you thought in the comments! I love you all and don't forget to boop that little vote button with your nose! BAIII!!!!~😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 490 10
A sudden upheaval in Kirstie's life leaves her and Avi questioning the newly budding feelings between themselves. (Heavy focus on Kavi, with a more m...
15K 366 35
Note that I wrote these before Matt joined so sorry he's not in here 😔 Other than that... just a regular one shot book and it's pg so yay for us 😂
554 25 41
[discontinued due to lack of inspiration and mo longer being in the fandom. Sorry] Fourth book in the Can't Say series. These past few months have be...
29.2K 746 24