Her Single Rose (Remus Lupin)

By Taylor510658

She's a Slytherin, smart, sly, and cunning. But most of all Aries was a Black. Aries Meredith Black was the t... More

Cast
Cast Part Two
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
A/N
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Seventy-Nine
Eighty
Eighty-One
Eighty-Two
Eighty-three
Eight-four
Eighty-five
Eighty-six
Eight-Seven
Eighty-Eight
Authors Note
Eighty-Nine
Ninety
Ninety-One
Authors Note
Cast- Everything I Do

Seventy-Eight

1.8K 54 27
By Taylor510658

Aries was nothing more than confused and spiked with jealousy as she watched Remus and Mindy hold hands down the compartment corridor.

"Oh, so your just as confused as I am." Lily whispered to Aries softly.

Aries turned around, startled from the sudden voice and found her friends right behind her.

"Blimey, I don't think I've ever been happier to see you all." Aries said happily bringing Lily and Alice first into a hug then moving on to Honey and Marlene.

"Well, how about we find a compartment and catch up? I don't have a lot of time before I have to go to the Prefects compartment." Lily said quickly pushing the girls inside a compartment near them.

"So do tell! How was all of your breaks?" Lily asked excitedly, it was clear something happened during her own break.

"Relax, Lily, we all only just got here." Honey said as she sat beside the red head.

"I however had a great break, my parents made a feast to celebrate my newest brother, Mason." Marlene spoke in happiness.

"I thought you were dreading having a new brother?" Alice asked lightly as she crossed her legs.

"I was, up until my parents gave me a present of 50 galleons. They said it was a make up for not getting me a birthday gift." Marlene replied in excitement.

"Whoa that's a lot." Honey said in awe.

"They never got you a birthday present?" Lily asked sadly.

"My mother had an ultrasound at St. Mungos that day and my grandparents spent the day with me instead." Marlene shrugged. "It's no big deal, plus I got 50! Galleons!" She said widening her eyes to express the amazement.

"I'm happy for you, Mar. I'm glad you're happy about this." Lily smiled and then turned to Alice.

"I didn't do much over break, Frank stopped by a few times to say hello. In fact, we have a date set for tonight in the Astronomy tower." Alice blushed as she spoke of her boyfriend, while the rest of the girls all shared the same look.

"You two are perfect for each other Al, I can't say it enough." Honey grinned.

"The herbologist and the sweetheart, who would've thought." Marlene wondered aloud.

"How was your break Mere?" Lily asked, remembering their talk before break.

"My break was very...eventful" Aries said remembering the events that had taken place over the last week, Aries pulled up the side of her shirt slightly, just enough to see the scar on her side, hearing the first gasp was enough to put her shirt back down.

"Aries!" Honey whisper yelled as she pulled the shirt back up and traced her finger along it.

"What happened?!" Lily asked as she watched Honey do what they all seemed to be thinking.

"Are you alright?" Alice asked nervously.

"Was it painful?" Marlene asked warning glared from everyone.

"I'm alright, Alice. There was a punishment. And I left." Honey looked up at Aries from that.

"You left?" The girls said at the same time.

Aries nodded, "Mrs. Potter is really nice." She admitted.

"Mrs- wait- as in...James Potter?" Marlene asked.

Honey let out a laugh at that.

Lily raised a brow and Alice giggled.

"James Potter was the first you went to?" Honey asked letting the fabric fall back to Aries body.

"Well, it was slightly more complicated than that, but it looks like I'll be staying there for a bit." Aries shrugged.

Lily scoffed, "you could've come to my house instead of that arrogant-"

"He's not that bad, Lily." Aries cut off Lily with a laugh, "sure his room is slightly messy and he can't tame his hair for the life of him, but he's a real gentleman. He's changed Lily." She pressed on.

"Anyway..." Honey changed the subject. "Mother had enough of me, and kicked me out, so you and I are in the same boat." She nudged Aries. "I spent my break with Ben in Hawaii. His parents were a bit off about my background, but after a day or so they were more than happy to have me." She explained, a happy glint in her eye that Aries knew wasn't there before.

"So you and Ben are getting pretty serious?" Marlene wiggled her brows, but yelped when Lily elbowed her.

"Are we just going to ignore the fact that Honey got kicked out?" Lily asked.

"How are things with Ben? How about the band?" Alice asked.

Lily shook her head, "As much as I'd like to stay and chat. Especially since I had a bit to share, I have to go to the prefects compartment." She said getting up and heading towards the door.

"Wait, what did you want to share?" Alice asked before Lily walked through the doors.

Lily blushed ever so slightly, her eyes twinkling with something Aries knew rather well, "I got my first kiss." She said simply before walking out the door and shutting it.

Honey, Aries, Alice, and Marlene all blinked in sync, not exactly absorbing the red heads words.

"Did she say..."

"First kiss!!!" The girls squealed and opened the door to quickly follow Lily.

___________

"I can't believe she got her first kiss." Marlene shook her head, "She's a good girl, she wouldn't be caught with bad grades to save her life."

"Marlene!" Alice gasped.

"What? It's the truth." She defended herself throwing up her hands defensively.

"I always thought her first kiss would be with-"

"I don't understand, Lily isn't the type of person that would just...kiss a boy." Honey cut off Alice.

"Apparently she would, I would, you would-" Marlene pointed to Aries, "-but I'm a bit surprised myself." Marlene shrugged.

"Well, maybe she just wanted to get it over with?" Alice asked quietly.

The girls furrowed their brows, though Honey glanced up at Aries, who now was staring outside of the compartment, her eyes slightly glassy.

"You've been quiet...well, quieter than usual." Honey nudged Aries, "you alright?"

Aries blinked a few times, clearing her eyes before looking back to the group, who now was staring at her.

"When did Remus and Mindy happen?" Aries asked casually, her hands knotting themselves in her lap while she stared at them.

Alice and Marlene shared a look

Honestly I don't know

Remus and Mindy?

I'm just as surprised as you are, Mer

"I think I might just go talk to him." Honey said abruptly, standing up.

"No, Hon." Aries caught Honeys arm.

"What? I'm just going to tell him why dating Mindy is such a bad idea, nothing harsh...yet" Honey explained.

"As much as I'd like to see that happen, it's not a good idea." Marlene shook her head.

"I think I might go and get some air." Aries said standing up as Honey sat down.

The only thing she heard after that was Marlene complaining about the air being the same everywhere, and then another whimper of pain.

Aries may have only gotten five feet from the compartment when she spotted Mindy and Remus snogging. They were no more than a good six feet in front of her when her vision began to blur slightly.

Aries was almost completely positive that Mindy was smirking, but thought different when she blinked and it was gone.

"R-Remus." Aries cleared her throat. It was hard to even get the words out of her throat, which rarely happened. Aries never stuttered.

The two came to a pause, Mindy looking over to Aries with a half dazed half smirking expression. When Remus looked over at her, her head filled with confusion.

His eyes...they were...light brown?

Usually they were dark brown.

Remus looked dazed, but she couldn't tell if it was from the snogging or something else.

"What do you want?" Remus asked, his voice was slightly caught and gruff, but looked quite calm.

Aries shook the thoughts from her head, as well as trying to think of something to say, "how was your break?" She asked.

Remus scoffed, "if you haven't noticed, I'm a bit busy." His words came off harsh, painful, the most anger she'd ever heard him speak.

"Where are James and Sirius and Peter?" Aries asked, shaking off the snide comment.

"How would I know? Probably in a compartment." Remus sighed, looking very bored.

"Don't you have to be in the prefects compartment right now?" Aries asked with furrowed brows.

Aries picked up her head, finally meeting his eyes, when they locked sight, she saw something flash in his eyes. They feel into his normal dark chocolate color, but as soon as it came it left, turning light and slightly dazed.

"I do?" He asked himself, then looked to Mindy as if silently asking her to go. "I do." It was as if the realization hit him like a bucket of ice.

"You can go." Mindy nodded with a sigh and stepped back.

Her words flashed something in Aries veins. Something of jealousy? Anger? Maybe it was the fact that she was ordering him? Or maybe it was because it seemed like he wanted to leave but she made him stay? It could've been the flash in his eyes, or the confusion written in his face when he passed Mindy and walked towards Aries to walk passed her.

But what confused her the most was when he walked passed her, his hand brushed hers, and something shocked her.

It wasn't an electrical shock, but a barrier shock. Remus glanced back at Aries as he continued walking, his eyes furrowed as he made his way towards the other side of the corridor of compartments.

"Why would you do that." Aries asked Mindy, the girl was leaned back against the side, watching the interaction with a grin.

"I don't know what you mean?" Mindy feigned confusion, a nasty chuckle falling from her dark pink lips.

"With Remus, why would you do that? Are you that obsessed? Are you actually that jealous of me?" Mindy glared at the raven haired girl.

"I'm not jealous of you! You might have everything, but at least I worked for everything I was given. Lupin was just my prize." Mindy shrugged, "plus angering you was for me. That much I love to do." She smirked.

"I didn't want any of this, in fact you can have it-"

"You were ungrateful, that was obvious. I don't trust your word for anything, you have bad judgement. If you don't want the royalty of being a rich pure blood, then I have no remorse for you. Your family might have dumped you on the road...but I know how to hold a mighty strong grudge." Mindy spoke low but snarky.

Anger evident with the fury in her eyes. She walked away, flipping her brunette locks behind her and made her way into her own compartment.

When Aries turned around she saw Regulus. Not a scratch on him, but the memories of that night flashed through her head.

A tear, making its way down her face as he stared at her. Not a word of apology or thought of her own scars. Regulus didn't look to be anything more than blank as he too stepped into another compartment.

Why does doing the right thing for myself feel so bad?

__________

Just updated the cast list if you'd like to check it out. I ended up changing Peter Pettigrews character to Dane Dehaan. I'm thinking about changing the actress for Aries so if you have any ideas please comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.8K 2.3K 25
In which Remus Lupin is hopelessly in love with Calypso Allaire •••*🤍*••• [Book 1]
72.3K 1.7K 143
Riley Spade is the fifth member of the marauders. Her mind is full of ideas but also filled with worry. She looks like she has the perfect life; a lo...
1M 40.8K 21
Vladimir Alexis had lived for more than a thousand years. He is what the vampires called Master of the family. He may be ancient but he is quite mode...
876K 35.4K 57
I need to get away I need to get away I need to get away Helia Blacksmith and people had never got on. Her blank stare and chilling gaze were...