The need.

By darkest-lover-lies

"Calm down Lola." He said. I looked at him. "Calm down? You want me to calm down after finding out I'm suppo... More

~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chapter 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 36~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 38~
~Chapter 39~
~Chapter 40~
~Chapter 41~
~Chapter 42~
~Chapter 43~
~Chapter 44~
~Chapter 45~
~Chapter 46~
~Chapter 47~
~Chapter 48~
~Chapter 49~
~Chapter 50~
~Chapter 51~
~Chapter 52~
~Chapter 53~
~Chapter 54~
~Chapter 55~
~Chapter 56~
~Chapter 57~
~Chapter 58~
~Chapter 59~
~Chapter 60~
~Chapter 61~
~Chapter 62~
~Chapter 63~
~Chapter 64~
~Chapter 65~
~Chapter 66~
~Chapter 67~
~Chapter 68~
~Chapter 69~
~Chapter 70~
~Chapter 71~
~Chapter 72~
~Chapter 73~
~Chapter 74~
~Chapter 75~
~Chapter 76~
~Chapter 77~
~Chapter 78~
~Chapter 79~
~Chapter 80~
~Chapter 81~
~Chapter 82~
~Chapter 83~
~Chapter 84~
~Chapter 85~
~Chapter 86~
~Chapter 87~
~Chapter 88~
~Chapter 89~
~Chapter 90~
~Chapter 91~
~Chapter 92~
~Chapter 93~
~Chapter 94~
~Chapter 96~
~Chapter 97~
~Chapter 98~
~Chapter 99~
~Chapter 100~
~Chapter 101~
~Chapter 102~
~Chapter 103~
~Chapter 104~

~Chapter 95~

278 8 0
By darkest-lover-lies

I walk down the sidewalk slowly dreading facing them. I didn't know what to tell them. I didn't know how to tell them about the deal I made. I just wanted this day to end. I get to the front door and I look up at the camera. I give it a sad look before walking into the warehouse. I hear arguing which sounded like Lee and Shane. I walk to the gym just as Lee was about to throw a punch at Shane. I rush up to him and push him back. He looks at me pissed for a moment before realizing it was me. "Lola?" He whispered. I nodded. 

"What happened? I was gone for maybe five hours." I asked. I noticed a bruise on his nose and I turn to Shane with my arms crossed. "Really? You hit him?" He looks at me surprised for a moment and then rolls his eyes. 

"You weren't here to know why," I shake my head at them. I pushed past Shane to go to the security room. "What are you doing?" I log on to the computer and shut down the cameras. "Lola? Seriously?" He yelled. I unplugged the whole system knowing it would take hours to reprogram. I turn to him. He looked pissed. I give him a small smile before I break down. He wraps his arms around me as I fall to the ground. "Tell me what happened." I shake my head. 

"I lied to him. I told him that the baby was Lee's and that I cheated on you." I cried. He gives me a confused look.

"So he let you go?" I opened my mouth to explain but I look down. 

"No, I killed him. That's how I escaped." I look up at him after not hearing anything for a few minutes. He looks at me with a sad look. 

"I didn't want you to have to deal with that. Killing someone is one thing but to kill your own flesh and blood. You shouldn't have to do that." I look at him differently. For the first time in a long time, it was a different Shane. He looked like a kid who missed his father. A kid who blamed himself for his father's death. A kid who watched his father kill himself and couldn't do anything to stop him. 

"It wasn't your fault," I whisper. He swallows harshly. 

"I should have stopped him before he got to you." I shake my head. 

"Your father's death wasn't your fault." He scuffs and looks away. 

"Lola, don't," I put my hand on his chest causing his body to tense up. He looks down at my hand and at me. 

"Shane it wasn't your fault," He searches my eyes as if he were trying to see if I was lying. He gulps. 

"After all of these years and yet your smile still makes my heart jump," He whispers. I give him a sad look. 

"Don't do that," I whisper. He looks down. His hands left my body and suddenly I regretted saying anything. 

"I was hoping there was a part of you that still loved me but I guess I know there isn't." But he was wrong. Every part of me loved him. But I wasn't planning on being around much longer and giving him false hope was stupid. If I were going to give myself to Mike without him knowing I would have to make him hate me enough to make him not look for me. 

"I'm sorry Shane but I should have told you a long time ago." He nods. I look down. "I don't want to raise this baby." He looks at me shocked. 

"What?" I nod as I look at him. 

"I don't want to be a mother. But I know this is what you want and I know you will make a great father. So when the baby is born she will go to you." He shakes his head. 

"No, Lola. I don't want to raise this baby without you. Together or not I want you to be there." I shake my head. 

"I can't." I stand up and walk out of the room. Lee was standing outside of the door listening to everything. I look at him and he looked both confused and sad. I walk out of the gym and get out of my car. I just wanted to go home. After taking a shower and having 3 mental breaks downs I was finally able to stop crying enough to sit and watch TV. A knock comes from the door and I look at it. I take a big deep breath and get up. I open the door and he gives me a small smile. I close my eyes for a moment. "Shane I-," 

"I'm not here because of that." I look at him confused. He moves to the side and Lee smiles. I look at Shane for a moment. "I thought you could use some friends." Lee moves to the side for me to see Duke, Adam, James, Derek, Freya, Emma, and Kane. They all smiled. I smile and look at Shane. 

"Thank you," He nods. They all walk in and I turn to Shane who smiles. He goes to turn around. "You aren't staying?" He looks back at me surprised. 

"I didn't really think you would want me here," I shake my head at him. 

"You are part of this crazy crew." He chuckles. 

"Well when you say it like that," He walks in and I smile. I close the doors and go into the living room. We played board games and relived funny memories. It was nice for Lee to get to know his brothers a little more. When the morning came I found them all still here. Most of them were asleep in the living room except for Freya and Derek who were in the guest room that Mack had cleaned out. I walk into the kitchen trying not to wake up anybody. I get surprised by Lee in the kitchen cooking. I give him a confused look. 

"What are you doing?" He looks at me for a moment as I sit down at the island. He turns back to the stove only to reach over and grab a cup of coffee already made. He slides it in front of me and I look down at it. 

"I am making breakfast for everyone." I look up at him with a small smile. "I heard you in the bathroom and figured you could use a cup." I nod. 

"Thank you," He turns back to the stove and I look down at my hand. 

"Are we going to talk about what really happened with Mike?" I look up at him confused and he gave me a knowing look. "I know when you are lying and you lied when you were talking to Shane. I'm sure he would have noticed if you didn't tell him you didn't want to raise your baby." I take a deep breath. 

"I don't want to talk about it." He nods. 

"I'm not going anywhere. You need someone you can tell. If not me then Freya." I shake my head fastly. 

"I can't tell her." He gives me a confused look. 

"Why not?" I gulp as a tear slides down my cheek. 

"I did something bad." He walks over with a confused look. 

"Like telling Shane you don't love him?" I shake my head as more tears came out. 

"No much worse." He grabs my hand.

"I won't judge you." I look down for a moment. 

"I made a deal with Mike," I whisper before looking back up at him. He lets out a dry laugh. 

"So why are you worried? He's dead." I shake my head slowly. He looks at me shocked. "He's not dead is he?" I swallow harshly. 

"He wanted me to give him Shane and everyone else would be okay but I know he was lying. He's scared of Shane. Shane is the only one who can stop him. So I told him I would give him my child after telling him you were the father. But he made me offer myself if my child didn't make it through childbirth. So when the time comes I will give up myself." He takes a deep breath. 

"Why didn't you tell Shane? He can help." I shake my head quickly. 

"Shane can't know. He will try to stop me and he will end up dead. I don't want my baby to end up without a father." He scuffs. 

"So you want your baby to end up without a mother?" I sigh. 

"I didn't want to tell you because of your feelings for me. I didn't want to tell anybody. But I'm scared. I don't want Mike to know who the father is or if the baby makes it out alive." He sighs.

"I'll keep your secret," I open my mouth as Shane walks in with a tired look. I wipe my tears quickly as he sits down. Lee goes back to cooking. Shane looks at me. 

"Have you been crying?" He asked quietly. I clear my throat. 

"Yeah, hormones." He nods slowly. He looks at my coffee and hums. 

"That sounds amazing." I side it to him. He shakes his head. "I can get my own." I shrug. 

"My doctor says I need to drink less coffee anyway. You are doing me a favor." He nods and drinks a big gulp. He sighs. I watch as he licks the coffee off of his lips. His eyes go on mine. I look down. Lee slides a plate of french toast in front of me and I look up at him with a smile. "You know me so well," He smiles. 

"Normally but with you being pregnant your taste buds change every day." I giggle. 

"I can't help what my child wants." He rolls his eyes. 

"Well if your child would be so kind as to let mommy sleep that would be great." He said as he stared at my belly for a moment. I point my fork at him. 

"That would be nice." He nods. I look at Shane as he watched me. My smile drops a bit. "What?" He shakes his head. 

"Can we push our fight aside and start new?" I give him a confused look. 

"What?" He crosses his arms as he leans on the countertop. 

"I just want to be there for you while you are carrying our baby and even after. I don't care if we aren't together. I don't care who you are with. I just want to be there for you. I want to know what weird food you carve or what your doctor has to say. I don't want to be left in the dark anymore. I messed up in the past by spending so much time with work and now all I want to do is spend time with you." I gulp as I let his words sink in. He swallows harshly. "Please, Lola," I look at Lee who had his arms crossed as he leans against the sink watching us. He looks at me with a small smile. I look at the countertop. 

"Things are different now, Shane," I mumbled while looking at him. 

"What can I do to make this better?" I let out a breath of air. 

"Make what better? Us together? Or us as friends?" He lets out a small sigh. 

"I want to say the first one but as you said before things are different. You have Lee and I have Skye. We can't just ignore that they are there." I nod. "What do I have to do for us to be friends?" I smile. 

"Just be there for me and we can take a day by day." He nods. 

"I can do that." I nod. He looks at Lee. 

"You will make sure she is safe when I can't right?" Lee looks at me before looking back at him. 

"Your child and Lola are my main priority," Shane nods. 

"Thank you," Lee nods. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 697 53
I quickly shake my head, which he raises an eye brow to but doesn't question. He straightens up, never removing his gaze from me before stepping clo...
7.8K 137 24
The blood had already leaked down my forehead, but I kept my eyes on Shane and tried to blink quickly to clear my vision. "Hang on, please. Please h...
9.6M 458K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
8.3M 197K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...