After The Run Away: Jason McC...

By BMcCann6

This is the third book to Don't Fall For The Criminal! It's been five years since Jason, Mackenzie, their chi... More

After The Run Away- Jason McCann - Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Meet Me At Lacey Hotel
Chapter 3 - I'm Never Leaving You
Chapter 4 - Not Normal
Chapter 5 - New York
Chapter 6 - We're Going Home
Chapter 7 - Trust Me
Chapter 8 - Am I Dreaming?
Chapter 9 - Just A Little Longer
Chapter 10 - Excuse After Excuse
Chapter 11 - The New Teacher
Chapter 13 - Lies
Chapter 14 - This Is A Nightmare
Chapter 15 - Tell Me Everything
Chapter 16 - Don't Blame Yourself
Chapter 17 - Pictures
Chapter 18 - Please Remember Soon
Chapter 19 - Through The Motions
Chapter 20 - Dug Up Memories
Chapter 21 - You Remember?
Chapter 22 - Perfect Timing
Chapter 23 - Get Out
Chapter 24 - Please
Chapter 25 - I Just Need You
Chapter 26 - Merry Christmas
Chapter 27 - As I Am
Chapter 28 - New Years
Chapter 29 - No One Is To Blame
Chapter 30 - This Is Awful
Chapter 31 - Surprise
Chapter 32 - See You Again
Chapter 33 - I Never Believed Until Now
Chapter 34 - The Past
Chapter 35 - This Is Too Much
Chapter 36 - How Did We Not Know?
Chapter 37 - The Day
Chapter 38 - Valentines Day
Chapter 39 - Great News
Chapter 40 - Hello McCann
Chapter 41 - Ava
Chapter 42 - This Is Bullshit
Chapter 43 - Why Does Everyone Keep Saying That?
Chapter 44 - Cars And Art
Chapter 45 - Dream
Chapter 46 - The Big Day
Chapter 47 - Tell Me
Chapter 48 - Stressed And Worried
Chapter 49 - It's Fine, I'm Fine
Chapter 50 - Honesty
Chapter 51 - I Just Miss You
Chapter 52 - Three Days
Chapter 53 - I Need Him
Chapter 54 - Another Missed Appointment
Chapter 55 - What Now?
Chapter 56 - What's Wrong?
Chapter 57 - I Missed You
Chapter 58 - High
Chapter 59 - Its All Ours

Chapter 12 - In The Club

403 9 0
By BMcCann6

I sighed deeply as Jason and I silently got out the car. He hasn't said a word to me since I got back to the car then the whole ride home from the store. The three of us walked into the house and Drew ran right to the living room.

"You going to tell me what that was about?" I asked Jason. He stopped walking and faced me. He chuckled.

"Nothing, Mackenzie. Just forget it" He said shaking his head.

"No because you were being an asshole to me" I said back and he sighed.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He said then started to walk away again. "You know what" he said and scoffed as he turned around to face me again. "If I find out, you're telling him anything personal about us or our lives, I'll kill him" He told me as he looked me right in the eyes.

"That's just crazy" I said crossing my arms. He's being ridiculous.

"You know I am, baby" he said with a smirk and winked then walked away. I sighed and shook my head. I followed him into the living room and I sat down. Jason came over and sat down next to me. "Hey" He said to get my attention. I looked over at him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "I love you" he said in a low tone.

"You know I love you too" I said back and he nodded. He leaned in and softly kissed my cheek.

"I'm sorry for being a jealous person" he told me.

"I know" I said quietly. He put his other hand on my cheek and rubbed my face softly with his thumb. He began to smile a little bit. His phone started to ring so he pulled away and quickly looked at it then back up at me.

"I have to take this, but Lauren and Johnson should be here soon with Mia so go get ready" He kissed my cheek then quickly walked out the back door. I wonder why he went outside to answer. Oh well. I stood up and started heading for the stairs. I saw Drew placing his little toy cars on the stairs. I smiled and walked over to him.

"I have to go get ready to go out with Daddy. Do you want to come play in our bedroom? I'll help you carry all the cars up" I asked Drew. He nodded and started to collect the cars. I helped him and followed him up the stairs. He is so adorable. I got so lucky with him.

***

"I have not had this much fun in a long time" I said to Jason as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He smirked and put his hands on my hips.

"Good. I hope you're having a great time. You deserve it" he said making me smile. "Hey I'm going to do something real quick and I'll be right back down, alright?" He said to me and I pulled my arms away.

"Do you want me to come with you?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"It's all good, baby. I'll be right back" He said then kissed my lips quickly. Then he pulled away and went over to Cameron. I watched them say a few things to each other then head for the stairs. I wonder what they are going to be doing. I shrugged it off and just went over to Gigi.

"Shots?" I asked her and she laughed.

"Shots" she said nodding. "Where did Jason and Cameron go? Bathroom?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know he didn't tell me. All he said was he'd be right back" I told her and she looked confused for second then just shrugged.

"Oh well more shots for us" she joked getting me to laugh along with her.

***

It's been about thirty minutes since Jason disappeared. I'm honestly worried. I stopped drinking about fifteen minutes ago once I realized he never came back. Cameron still wasn't back either.

"You look on edge" I heard Travis' voice. I looked in front of me to see him standing there now.

"Jason been gone for like thirty minutes now" I told him and he gave me a confused look.

"Really?" He asked me and I nodded. I started to look around again. I looked up at the second floor to see if maybe he's up there. "Do you want me to go find him?" As he asked me, I spotted Jason and Cameron. They are walking down the stairs with a girl walking between them.

"Found him" I said as I kept my stare on them. Travis turned around too. I watched as Cameron said something to her then Jason started to talk and she began to laugh. The guys have smirks on their faces and the girl looks way too happy. Why do I have a weird feeling about this? And it's not jealously.

"Hey, I'm sure it's nothing" I hear Travis.

"Yeah, I'm sure it is" I said back as I watched him whisper something to the girl then she started to laugh and Cameron playfully rolled his eyes as he laughed. Jason said something then walked away from them. I looked at Travis who looked at me too.

"Don't over think it" He told me. I nodded.

"I know" I said then took a big sip of my drink.

"Hi Angel" Jason said as he walked over then kissed the side of my head.

"You ready to go home?" I asked him and he gave me a confused look.

"You want to leave?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Okay let's go then, babe" He said as he put his drink down and grabbed my hand. I put my drink down as well and looked over at Travis.

"Tell everyone we said bye" I said to him then looked over at Jason who is looking at me in a weird way.

"Why do you want to leave so sudden?" He asked me. "What's wrong?" He added.

"I'm just tired and I have a headache." I lied to him and he nodded.

"Okay" he said then kissed my cheek. "Let's go" I followed him to the front. I'm not even going to say anything about what I saw. It's probably nothing anyway. I hope. Maybe I'm just over thinking like usual.

***

"Jason!" I called for his name. I told him ten minutes ago that dinner was ready and he still hasn't come down stairs.

"Daddy's being slow" Drew joked. I smiled and sat down across from him.

"Yes he is" I said back and I started to eat with him.

"I heard that" I heard Jason's voice and Drew started to giggle. I looked behind me to see Jason dressed like he's going out. I looked down to see his shoes on too. He walked over to me and kissed my cheek then walked over to Drew.

"What are you doing? You going somewhere?" I asked him confused. He nodded then put his hand on Drew's back.

"Is the pasta good?" He asked Drew then Drew looked up at him and nodded quickly. Then Jason looked over at me.

"Yeah, I'll be back" he said then walked back over to me. "I'm going to go to the club with Cameron and handle some business" He told me.

"Business at the club?" I questioned him.

"Yup. I gotta go. Cameron's outside waiting" He said then leaned down and kissed me. I then stood up and looked over at Drew.

"Honey I'm just going to lock the door behind Daddy, okay?" I said to Drew and he nodded and continued to eat. So Jason looked at me and sighed then walked out so I followed him to the front door.

"Why do I feel weird about this?" I asked him as I crossed my arms. He shrugged.

"I don't know, babe. But I have to go. I love you, Angel" he said then grabbed my face and kissed me again.

"I love you too. Text me" I said back and he nodded before quickly walking out the front door. I locked it and sighed loudly. I just have a weird feeling in my stomach. I looked out the window and it was Cameron's car out front. But what kind of business could they be handling at the club? It's weird to me. I just shook my head then walked back into the kitchen. "I'm tired" I said quietly as I sat down with Drew again.

"I'm tired too" I heard him say. I began to smile as I looked up at him.

"Too much soccer with Uncle Hunter?" I asked him and he nodded.

"He's good so it's like a real game, but just me and him" He said then took another bite out of his food. The guys have been playing soccer with him and he's been enjoying it so much. And surprisingly, Jason is amazing at soccer so it's fun watching them play.

"You guys have to teach me now" I joked with him. I obviously know how to play, but it would be super cute for Drew to explain the game to me.

"It's easy, Mommy. You will be great at it" He told me as he smiled up at me. I smiled wide. He's the sweetest. He warms my heart. It's such a strong different feeling of love when you have a kid.

It's scary how fast he is growing up. I feel like he just started walking and talking last week. But he's five now and in a few months, he will be six. Wow. It's scary.

***

I am so nauseous. I don't know why I feel this way. But I still feel the same way I felt once Jason left. I have a weird gut feeling and I don't know how else to explain it. Kind of like something isn't right.

Drew just now went to sleep and Jason still isn't home and has been gone for two hours now.

I walked over to my phone which is on the night stand next to my bed and quickly unlocked it. I started to call Johnson. It is accidentally FaceTime, but I don't hang up to call regularly, I just left it on FaceTime. He answered pretty quickly and I noticed him sitting up in his bed.

"Hey Mack" he answered.

"Hey do you think you or Lauren can come over and just make sure Drew is safe? I have to go somewhere" I asked Johnson. Confusion came over his face.

"Mackenzie, what's wrong?" He asked slowly. "Where do you have to go?" He added.

"Jason went to the club with Cameron and I just have a really bad gut feeling. I want to-" he cut me off.

"Are you serious?" He asked me.

"Let her talk" I heard Lauren say in the back ground. "What kind of feeling is it? Do you think he isn't okay?" She asked me.

"No, he's probably doing great. I'm just worried he's with another girl" I told them quietly because I didn't want to tell them and sound crazy.

"Oh my god, Mackenzie. Stop" Johnson said and sighed. I rolled my eyes.

"He couldn't possibly cheat on you. He loves you" Lauren said and came into the camera.

"I know I just-" I stopped and took a deep breath. "I just have this really weird feeling in my gut. I don't feel right and I need to go over there." I said to them.

"I think you should just take a few deep breaths and go lay down-"

"Johnson, if you don't come here, I'm calling someone else because I am going to that club." I said getting annoyed with him.

"Okay, I'll be on my way now"

"Do you want me to come to the club with you?" Lauren asked me.

"Sure, yeah" I said back nodding.

"Okay, we will be right there. See you soon" she said then they hung up.

I may be crazy for this, but I don't even care. I need to figure out if something actually isn't right. I could literally throw up from the way I'm feeling. At least if I go there and nothing is wrong, I can finally just relax.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 45.5K 48
Sometimes love goes from sunshine to rain... literally. © all rights reserved Wrote this when I was 13-14 years old back in 2013 so just know that it...
718K 11.9K 74
'This is 911, what's your emergency?' 'I-I've been kidnapped, ple-please help me, he's g-gonna be back soon-' 'Who?' 'J-Ja-Snn M-McK-aii-an' 'Sorry M...
4.5K 101 89
If you read the three books of my series for Don't Fall For The Criminal then this book is for you! This is Jason's POV for all three books. Althoug...
88.5K 1.7K 26
#1 in Justin Bieber! Avelyn goes to live with her cousin because of her abusive father and is shocked as she realizes that the house she will be liv...