Lawfully Wedded

By ju5ta9url

*COMPLETED* This is the story about Rohan and Sanjana Rohan Mehra is an established lawyer who always fights... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 33

8K 505 26
By ju5ta9url

"Start packing! We're going back!" Sunil hollered as we walked inside the appartment.

"We won! Those corrupted officials are going going jail as well!" I said as I slumped on the sofa and groaned as my back ached.

"Yes! I'm throwing a party this Saturday then!" Mom said as she clapped her hands.

"No parties mom," I groaned.

"Dinner is ready guys," Monica said as she placed the dishes on the floor.

"God bless your soul Monica," I murmured as I dug into the paneer ka sabji.

"This is yum," Sunil  said as he licked his fingers.

"We gotta start packing," Rohan said.

"Chup raho tum,"

"What?"

"You're the one packing, I'd rather sleep than pack anything,"

"You are resting anyways sweetheart, after pulling an all nighter like that I'd rather you rest than help in packing,"

Monica sniffs.

"Is that love I smell?"

"Oh yes, didn't know Rohan is such a softie,"

"Only for Sanjana,"

"Oh my God!" Mom squealed as she pulled Rohan's  cheeks.

"Mom!"

The lights above us started flickering and soon it went off.

Fear gripped me as darkness engulfed us. My breathing came out shorter as I blinked my eyes trying to adjust to the darkness in the house.

"Ro-rohan," I called his name, moving my hand through the air to locate him.

"Hey, I'm here," he said softly as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

I jumped a little at the contact but relaxed. He must have noticed my heavy breathing because he started rubbing my back as he pulled me in a hug. 

"You okay?"

"Y-yeah just scared of darkness," I said as I leaned my head against what seemed to be his shoulder.

"Sanjana, you have candles?"

"Nahi,"  I muttered and closed my eyes as I focused on Rohan's hand.

"Hey, I've got you okay? It's alright," he whispered in my ears and I nodded against his shoulder. 

The lights flickered on and I sagged in relief.

"Thank goodness," I said softly.

I didn't even realize I had tears until I felt Rohan's  hand wiping them away with a frown etched on his face.

"Scared of darkness?" Monica asked softly.

I nodded before focusing on eating the food as I ducked my head. I could feel Rohan staring at me but i chose to ignore it.

When we were all done and Rohan was doing the dishes, mom sat next to me, keeping me company as she read the book.

"You know Sanjana,"

"Hmm?"

"I'm happy you both found each other,"

"Me too," I said with a smile as I stared at her.

I was happy I'd found Rohan. I couldn't have asked for a better person. He's everything I feared he wouldn't be.

When Rohan emerged from the kitchen and mom had left, he held my hands.

"Why... why are you so scared of darkness?"

I smiled at his question.

"I get paranoid, I feel like anything could happen to me and it's just I don't trust anyone in when it's dark you know and so I seek comfort of the people around me," I said, even though I knew I wasn't making any sense.

"Does that mean you trust me then? In darkness?"

"Yes of course I trust you Rohan, after everything I'd be stupid not to trust you," I said softly.

"Thank you for everything," he said as he pulled a hug.

"Thank you for being so patient with me," I said as I wrapped my arms around him.

°
Rohan's  P.O.V.

"Let her sleep," mom said as we all moved the luggage.

"Wasn't planning on waking her up," I said as I tucked the comforter around her and helped my parents.

"Let's just get going already, I can't wait anymore," Monica said.

"Stop being a brat," Sunil  said as he flicked her forehead.

"Hey!"

I loaded the luggage in my car and groaned when my back started aching.

"We'll meet y'all at home?" Sunil asked from the driver's seat.

"Yeah,"

"Take your time," Monica said with a grin before they left.

I walked into the appartment to find Sanjana awake.

"Well rested?" I asked as I sat next to her.

"No, my head is pounding," she murmured as she clutched her head.

"Want to visit a doctor?"

"Nahi, just give me a pain killer, it'll  pass," she said.

"Here," I said as I gave her a paracetamol  and a glass of water.

"Okay before you dose off, we should get going, why don't you freshen up, that'll help,"

"I want to sleep," she whined.

"More sleep after a shower and some breakfast,"

"I hate you," she grumbled.

"I hate me too," I chuckled out loud.

She showered and we ate breakfast  together before we gathered her belongings, locked the appartment and settled in the car.

"Don't wake me up unless the world is ending," Sanjana said as she got comfortable in her seat and closed her eyes.

"Sure," I said with a grin.

I was surprised to find a her snoring within 5 minutes and almost chuckled out loud. This woman.

Luckily due to no traffic I was able to drive faster and was finally greeted with the view of my house.

"Home sweet home," I said as I got out  and stretched myself before jogging over to Sanjana's side and opening the door.

"Sanjana, we're here,"

"Let me sleep," she grumbled.

"Sweetheart,"

"I swear I'll murder you,"

"Don't say I didn't warn you them," I said before hauling her in my arms.

"Rohan!" She squealed, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"You asked for it," I said as I adjusted her before walking towards the house.

"Put me down,"

"Nah-uh, just get comfortable now," I said.

"Dekho toh inn dono ko,"  Monica said as she grinned from ear to ear.

"Shut up," Sanjana grumbled.

"Bhabhi, smile please!"

Sanjana doesn't even have the time to react as Sunil snaps a shot.

"Stop messing with her you guys," mom chided Sunil and Monica.

"Thank you," Sanjana  groaned as I finally placed her on her foot.

°

"Sanjana, get ready," mom said.

"Why are you throwing a party?" She groaned and stomped her feet.

"My goodness, you're a brat aren't you?" Mom said as she practically pushed Sanjana into the bathroom.

"Thank you, she wouldn't even budge," I said as I sat on the bed.

"Give her this necklace will you? I gotta greet all the guests," mom says before rushing out of the room.

I stare at the necklace, the ruby twinkling in the light as I hesitantly  touch it. Ruby red is one of my favorite color for a reason. It is so captivating. I hear a throat clear and turn my attention to my wife who stands there, looking ever so regal and beautiful in the red gown.

"You...you look so beautiful," I murmured softly as I walked closer to her and watched as her cheeks burn red.

"You look good too," she whispered.

"Only good?"

"You digging for some complements?"

"Yes of course, I dressed the good for you wifey,"

"And I said you look good, consider that a complement,"

"Uh huh?"

"Yeah,"

"Nothing more? Not "Oh you're the most handsome man in the world" or "oh your hotness makes me blind" you wound me sweetheart,"

"No goodness!" She snorted.

"Rohan!" I heard mom call for me.

"Seems like I gotta rush but first, here," I said as I placed the necklace box in her hands.

Her eyes widened as she stared at the necklace.

"Wow," she whispered as she lightly trailed a finger on the gems.

"Want me to put in on for you?"

"Mhmm," she said.

She pulled her hair to one side and I clasped the necklace around her neck.

"Rohan!" This time it was Sunil calling for me.

"Go," she said.

"I--"

"Go Rohan," she said with a small smile.

"Fine," I relented and kissed her cheeks before leaving.

The party was in full swing when I reached down. Goodness mom really went overboard with everything.  I had been greeting all of dad's business partners for the past two hours, only taking a break once to greet my in-laws.

"Finally," I groaned when these partners left and sighed heavily.

"Ro-rohan," Sonia's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I stared at her.

All the colour drained out of my face as I looked at her tear stained face, her hands trembling as her shoulders shook.

"Where is she?" I asked.

__________________________

Dun! Dun! Dun!

See you next Friday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

842K 62.3K 71
Highest ranking: #1 [Blurb] "I... I will kill you," She raised the gun at me. "Sanjana-" "I am Trishana," she whispered, "you know me." I took a step...
697K 47.8K 81
What would happen when two individuals who don't wish to get married and never believe in the concept of love get married? Will their relationship la...
318K 16.5K 45
๐™‡๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™˜๐™๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ก๐™š ๐™—๐™ค๐™ค๐™  1 In a world where competition reigns and passions collide, two formidable minds clash once again. Rohan Mehra...
1.7M 89.7K 59
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, โShaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.โž (Marriage and children benefit only...