Changed

Bởi SapphireRosekook

She wasn't always like that, but you know, people change. So did she... An 18 year old, named Rose, is a cold... Xem Thêm

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 18

8.9K 219 59
Bởi SapphireRosekook

Rose's P.O.V

After eating, I went back to my room and stayed in my bed. I had to stay home while Ryan and David went to college. Dylan and Elijah stayed with me but all I wanted to do was go out.

Staying in a close room suffocates me, especially with people inside. I want to go outside, smell the fresh air, which is quite less but still. It makes me feel good and relieves my stress. It makes me forget all my worries and makes me want to leave everything behind and live my life.

Both of them took care of me the whole day while I just either ate food or read books or played games or slept. Usually, that was normal for me to eat and sleep besides studying for a while, but today, I just wanted to leave this mansion and go somewhere far from this place.

____

The next day

I changed into a random outfit that I found in my closet and was now brushing my hair while staring at my reflection in the mirror as it stared back at me with cold, blue eyes. People used to say I had beautiful eyes, while some envied them, and I would often hear them talking about how I didn't deserve such eyes, and how they would like to snatch them out. It was quite creepy to hear for me back when I was younger, so creepy that I would often wear spectacles or sunglasses while going out, which I rarely did, unless I had to meet up with someone, particularly Elijah.

Elijah had left last night before dinner. He didn't eat anything the whole day, even after me telling him to, he didn't listen and just made sure I ate properly and was fine.

After I was done with myself, I left the room and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning." All of them were already gathered at the table and greeted me as soon as I was inside but I didn't greet them back, as usual and sat down.

Everyone was silent the whole time. After eating, we all left for college.

"You're coming with us in the car, right?" David asked, a bit of hope in his tone, which I wanted to crush.

"No." I replied and continued walking out the gates and soon, they joined me, saying they wanted to stay with me today to make sure I was fine and wouldn't face any problems, one of which was their presence.

____

"Good morning, Rose. Where were you yesterday? We were worried." Theo said as him and Tyler approached me, worry evident on their faces.

"A little busy." I said and now these two also started following me, adding to my irritation.

Honestly, either they don't have anything else to do, or they're obsessed with me.

I started walking faster so that I could get rid of all of them but they kept following me until I had enough and turned around to face them.

"Stop following me, unless you want to come and die with me, because I have a lot of ways to do so." I told them and they stopped in their tracks, mouths shut, avoiding to say anything, as they knew I would have a comeback ready. I turned back around and went to my first class.

____

Classes went by normally and I met up with the twins, who were really worried that they almost choked me to death while hugging me, which I didn't mind at all. It'd be better if they had just choked me until my soul slipped out of my body, I would be at peace then.

Right now, during lunch break, I was walking towards the cafeteria and when I entered, I saw the boys, Theo, Tyler, Elijah and the twins, all sitting together, waiting for me, I guess. It surprised me to see them all together, as I hadn't expected any of them to be accompanying each other at lunch, but I guess they all just to annoy me.

I went up to them and sat down beside El, across from my brothers and the two idiots.

"How are you right now? Are you okay?" Elliot asked worriedly and I nodded slightly, causing him to sigh in relief.

We began eating our food but all of them, except El were secretly staring at me. I suddenly looked up from the food and they all looked down.

"What? Stop being creeps and let me eat peacefully." I told them and they continued to eat their food while I ate mine.

They still did it a few times which was getting on my nerves and now, I was really done.

"Fine. Enjoy your meal." I got up, slamming the fork in my hand harshly on the table and left the cafeteria.

I went to the library to read some books, since it was the only quiet place I could find around here and besides, I didn't have anything else to do.

Elijah's P.O.V

She left the cafeteria and I wanted to go follow her, but decided to give her some alone time.

"We made her angry, again." Dylan mumbled and Elliot rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, you did." He murmured for only me and Emir to hear, as we were sitting beside him.

"Why is she so cold towards everyone?" Tyler asked me, confused with the behaviour she was having towards her so called brothers.

"You should ask them. They know better." I replied, pointing toward them with my eyes.

"Can you tell us?" He asked them but they were silent, not uttering a word.

Yeah, that's what the culprits do after realising their crime. They stay silent, because they are ashamed to talk about their actions.

"Hey, how long have you all known Rose?" Theo suddenly asked us after a moment of silence but I didn't bother paying attention and kept eating my food.

"We're childhood best friends. Well, me and Emir prefer addressing her as our sister, while for Elijah and her, it's a different thing." Elliot replied, emphasising the word 'sister' and I saw Emir nodding in agreement, a playful smirk lingering on his lips.

"Does she act cold towards you, too?" He asked them and they both raised their brows in unison.

"Why would she do that? I told you, we're close friends, almost like siblings. Siblings don't hurt each other or act cold towards each other." Elliot replied and we all, including the other three knew exactly who he was referring to. Only Theo and Tyler were oblivious to the truth.

"I'm gonna go check on her. Don't follow me." I told my brothers and they nodded while I got up and left the cafeteria to find Rose.

____

Rose's P.O.V

Sighing, I closed the book as I threw my head back, closing my eyes.

Happy ending. These books mostly have happy endings, making them sound even faker than anything else. Not everyone gets a happy ending and happily ever after stuff. Especially, the people who never got to see anything beyond darkness.

The door opened and in came El. His eyes straight-up landed on me and he smiled.

"Knew I'll find you here." He mumbled as he approached me and sat next to me.

"What're you reading?" He asked as he grabbed the book I had just finished checking out.

"I didn't know you were interested in fairy tales." He said, raising his brow as he opened it and turned some pages.

"I'm not. I was just passing time and this one seemed a good one but I was wrong." I replied and he turned his gaze towards me.

"Why so?" He asked, tilting his head.

"You know, happy ending stuff." I replied and he nodded slightly, looking back the book.

"Well, let's go back now." He said and I nodded in agreement. We got up and left the room.

The rest of the college day went by normally. The boys didn't annoy me much and I just spent most of my time with Elijah.

He's the only good, in fact, the best company around. Atleast, I don't have to talk to him each time I have an issue or convince him that I'm going through something. He knows it all and so, doesn't ask. Everytime I had a hard time, I'd come to him. He wouldn't do anything, just sit beside me silently while I rested my head on his shoulder and tried to calm down and that was always more than enough for me.

He doesn't interfere in anything related to me unless I want him to.

There was this time when I would cry every other minute. Everytime Robert or the boys beat me up, I would cry my eyes out and sometimes, I couldn't hold it back anymore and would just run away and go to the park I always went to. As soon as I entered, I would see him there everytime, waiting for me. I would cry in his embrace as he would sit there silently, not uttering a single word. He would just stroke my hair and rub my back gently as I explained everything that happened to me all the time at home.

His silence would always work in calming me down. It's like, it had become both a cure and a drug. I would spend the rest of the time with him, though I would get beaten up by my family again later for leaving the house and coming back late.

____

"Here, drink this. You'll feel good." Dylan said as he passed me a cup of latte. The other two were here with me in the kitchen, eating snacks.

I took a sip and felt weird. I smelled the latte and as soon as I realised what was inside, I quickly put it down, got up and rushed to the sink to get some water.

"What's wrong? Didn't you like it?" Dylan asked nervously as I drank some water. He took a sip and frowned. "It tastes normal." He mumbled to himself.

"I guess you should know, I'm allergic to vanilla." I said and closed my eyes, taking a couple of deep breathes.

"O-oh, I didn't know that.. Sorry.." He mumbled sheepishly and I went to sit back on my chair.

"Do you want something else?" Ryan asked and I shook my head in response, scrolling through the phone gallery.

"Father and Damien are coming back tomorrow because their work is done." Ryan announced and the other two gave a curt nod in response.

"So, are those three boys your best friends or something?" Dylan asked hesitantly after a moment of silence.

"Just best friends." I replied and he nodded.

"You have a lot of cool tattoos on your arms, but what about this one? I've noticed the same one on Elijah's left hand, too. What does it mean?" He said, pointing to my right hand knuckles with his finger. They were tattooed with the four letters 'ROAH', the ship name for me and Elijah, given by his brothers. They had been convincing both me and Elijah for a whole year to get this name tattooed on our hands, on my right one and his left one, back when I was. So, after a year, on my 13th birthday, we both finally got this tattoo.

"It's just a name." I replied, not wanting to explain it further to them.

"Whose name?" David asked and I sighed.

"That doesn't concern you." I shortly replied, looking at him and he looked down at the table, sighing in defeat.

"Okay, so... can you.. tell us more about yourself? I mean, we don't know much about you but we want to.. try to find out about yourself.. and umm... open up..?" He said, more like asked.

Of course they don't know. They never cared anyways. All they cared about was seeing me in pain.

"Why do you want to know about my life now? I remember you all saying you didn't care. So why this sudden change in characters after I came back into this mansion? Why are you being so nice all of a sudden? Maybe because I don't talk much to you all now? Or because I don't respect you all? Or because I'm talking back? Or maybe because I'm not the same anymore? Stop with this shit and stop caring about what you lost a long time ago." I told them as calmly as I could and they all hung their heads down ashamed, none of them opening their filthy mouths.

"Now, don't expect me to be nice because I don't know how to do so." I said and left the kitchen before giving all of them a dirty look, going upstairs to my room.

Note: Don't be a silent reader like me, comment for the comment section is all yours:)

•••

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

Their Moon Bởi meshybish

Tiểu Thuyết Chung

87.7K 2.1K 20
Moon, 20 years old, living with her abusive uncle for as long as she can remember. Physical abuse is something she for once can deal with but mental...
158K 2.4K 66
⚠WARNING: VERY CRINGE AND MESSY, MAJOR PLOTHOLES, I STARTED IT LIKE TWO YEARS AGO. ⚠ . Rose Woods has been with her foster father Jordan Lukes ever s...
1.7K 139 23
𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐀𝐡𝐯𝐢 𝐒𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐳, a young independent woman, who navigates life the best she can. From the beginning of her life, she was loved by he...
3.6K 111 18
Aurelia grew up without much love from her mother, and she never thought her real dad would ever come into her life. But then, he did. Now, she wonde...