our little secret | sapnap x...

By kupkakekrazy

"But what if Clay didn't know?" I grab his hand, "Think about it. If he doesn't know then we can make sure we... More

.1. you're in florida
.3. cancelations
.4. the proposition
.5. adam sandler
.6. off limits
.7. acting different
.8. confrontations
.9. stream
.10. can you keep a secret?
.11. red roses
.12. sandwitch
.13. cuddle
.14. almost kitchen kisses
.15. wooden heart
.16. close call
.17. george
.18. the feral boys
.19. he knows
.20. planning
.21. shut down
.22. secret again (sort of)
.23. accidental reveals
.24. nick
.25. bag of chips
.26. the phone call
.27. awards
.28. milkshakes
.29. the customer
.30. what if?
.31. another visitor
.32. flashback
.33. outside perspective
.34. see him again
.35. friends
.36. dream
.37. airport drives
.38. trying again
.39. my person
.epilogue.
.author's note.

.2. bbq

19.9K 536 766
By kupkakekrazy

a/n: i'm going to avoid giving dream's sibling names.. Im just going to call them brother and drista i think (and i'll figure something out if we bring up his oldest sister)

I walk up the familiar drive of Clay's house. His mom planted pink flowers that line up the sidewalk to their door.

I remember one spring when I came over to hang out with Clay, but he was busy doing something else. I didn't want to go home yet, so I stayed and helped his mom plant yellow flowers up the drive. It took up over two hours to do, but in the end it was worth it.

I knock on the door with my same, basic knock that I've always used. It swings open and I'm met with a blonde teenager.

"y/n!" she runs to give me a hug.

"Drista!" I say as I hold her tightly. I haven't seen her in a year and a half, so she looks so much older, "oh my gosh you look like a teenager,"

She laughs, "Well that's how growing up works,"

I roll my eyes, "Then stop it,"

She leads me into the kitchen, where a woman was making something at the counter. She turns around to give me a smile.

"y/n! We missed you so much!" Clay's mom brings me into a hug. I smile as she gives me a tight squeeze, "Clay is going to love to see you."

I laugh. Clay's mom has wanted Clay and I to date since we were seventeen. She's decided that we're meant to be.

I've learned way too much about that boy for me to ever date him.

I follow Clay's mom and sister out of the house and into the backyard. I frown as I notice the old treehouse we built all those years ago isn't there anymore. It was probably too old to be considered safe anymore, but it's still a part of my childhood nonetheless.

I scan the backyard for a tall, familiar face.

Small groups are gathered throughout the yard as little kids run in between them. Other people stand off to the side in doubles or by themselves.

A tall figure from one group turns around. I instantly recognize the blonde man.

"y/n?" he calls out.

I smile as I make my way over to him, "Hi Clay,"

He walks over and pulls me into a tight hug. He smells different. I remember he always smelled like laundry detergent. Now he smells like cologne. It doesn't smell bad. I just was expecting the same thing, I guess. 

People change y/n. You don't wear the same perfume anymore.

"How are you?" he asks through my hair that his head is buried in.

"I'm great," I laugh, pulling away "how are you?"

"Amazing now that you're here," he says, "Did you talk to mom? She's been dying to see you. And Drista too." He starts to lead me to a cooler of drinks.

"They were my first stop. I have my priorities." I accept as he hands me my favorite drink without having to ask.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that," he leads me to a small table they have set up in their yard.

"What are you even doing in Florida? Shouldn't you be in Texas?" he asks as he sits down.

I bite my lip, "Just wanted a change for a little bit. One kind of heat for a different one."

He smiles, shaking his head a little, "You did always hate the cold,"

"Always have and always will," I take a sip of the drink in my hand.

"Wait, you have to meet Nick," Clay stands up and looks around, "he was just here I promise."

I nod my head, glad I know who that is now. I made sure to google a picture, too. Just in case we met before we were introduced, then I wouldn't act like a total idiot. He's not that bad looking from the pictures I saw if we're being honest.

"Nick!" Clay calls out after he sees the person he was looking for. He starts to walk over to him after he doesn't get a response.

I stand up from my chair as Clay starts to bring another semi-familiar face over.

"Y/N, this Nick," Clay says, "he's my roommate."

"Hi," I say. He looks even better in person. How is that possible?

"Nice to meet you," he nods towards me.

I hate that I blushed right there.

"You guys are going to become best friends, don't worry," Clay says excitedly, "we can hang out all the time."

I laugh a little bit. I wonder if he realizes I'm going to have to get a job in order to keep up with my bills. My job isn't as luxurious as theirs. I won't be able to hang out every second of every day like Clay is hoping, but I won't break his heart just yet.

"Is that who I think it is?" I louder voice booms from behind me.

I turn to see Clay's dad walking towards me, wearing a 'kiss the chef' apron.

"Hi," I say as I give him a side hug.

"Long time no see," he says, "last time I checked, you're supposed to be in Texas."

I notice Sapnap perk up a little bit. I wonder if it's because of Clay's dad or the mention of Texas.

"Yeah, I have a little break from school right now. I can still take the classes online though." I feel like that's the answer I've been giving a lot to that question lately. 

Yes, I'm not in school right now. No, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm never going back.

"Well, it's great that you get to hang out with our hectic family," he says. As if on cue, a group of kids playing tag run around us. We move out of their way. "Where are you living? With mom and dad?"

"No," I shake my head, "I'm staying in an apartment near the old cafe." I have nothing against my parents. I love them. I just need a break from them. I need a break from a lot of things.

We catch up for a little while. Some kids pull Clay into playing football with them, so it's just me and Sapnap sitting at a table.

"Soo," I say, trying to start an awkward conversation, "you make videos like Clay, right?"

"Yupp," he emphasizes the 'p'.

I nod, "Cool." He didn't really give me much to go off of. Clay's disappeared somewhere.

I can tell we're both trying to rack our brains for something to talk about, but both come up short. Where is Clay when I need him?

"What do you do?" he asks after a little bit.

"Graphic design," I say, "well, studying for it at least."

"Maybe you could help us with a video sometime. Thumbnails or something." He sets his drink on the table.

"Yeah, that would be cool," I smile, "Dream asked me to help him with a couple of them before."

"Really? He's usually pretty good with doing that kind of stuff." He looks surprised.

"Well," I laugh a little before continuing, "I should clarify it was for George."

He taps the table once as it all comes together. "That makes sense. He's so lazy."

I laugh with him.

"So, where do you go to school?" he asks, seeming more interested in the conversation now.

"University of Houston," I answered.

"I'm from Texas!" he says excitedly, pointing to himself.

"Really? What a small world." I mess with the cup of the drink I had earlier. It's empty now, but I'm too lazy to refill it.

"What are you doing in Florida, then?" he asks.

"I could ask you the same question," I joke.

"I meant did you graduate or just need a change..." he chuckles at my joke a little bit.

"Umm, just needed a change, I guess. Nothing against the state" I say, holding up a hand as I clarify, "Just some of the people in it."

He laughs, "I understand that one completely."

I was just about to ask him another question when Clay walks out of the house with a cookie in his hand.

"Mom made her cookies," he says as he sits down.

"Sick," Sapnap says. He stands up from his seat, "you want one?" he asks me.

"Um, yeah sure," I shrug, "thank you!" I call out as he walks away.

Clay gives me a face after Sapnap is gone.

"What?" I ask him.

"What do you think of him?" he asks, sitting down in the chair to my right.

"I think you're acting strange." I roll my eyes, setting down the empty cup.

"What did you guys talk about?" he asks me excitedly.

"Nothing much," I shrug, trying to hold in my smile. Clay can be real nosy when he wants to be.

"Oh come on now, tell me" he insists.

"We just talked about Texas," I shrug once again, "nothing much because you interrupted."

He rolls his eyes. "Whatever."

Sapnap comes back with a plate of cookies. We talk for the rest of the bbq about the random things ranging from food to youtube to Clay's awkward phase.

By the end of the night, I think I could say Sapnap and I got along pretty well. We're not best friends like I think Clay hopes, but we're getting there. He seems like a pretty cool guy.

.author's notes.

hope you guys enjoyed :)

.word count.. 1592

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 4.8K 28
"Unnecessarily dramatic as usual." He comments. "I'm not being dramatic!" "Tell it to the judge." Silence falls as I search my brain for a witty come...
431K 8.3K 49
if you find this and yk who i am,,, im sorry You just turned 20 and needed somewhere to go after collage, luckily your best friends sapnap has a roo...
5.1M 192K 52
"george what's the new subgoal going to be?" dream questioned. - "chat i'm not gonna read fanfiction as a subgoal.."
2M 68.8K 40
"Can I tell you a secret?" he says in a hushed voice in the ill-illuminated room. "Spill," I smiled, thinking it was going to be something stupid lik...