Conquered

Per MemoirsofaGeisha

The 3rd book of the Ryonan series. Aria Seizan has been plagued with the memories of that night for years. R... Més

Intro
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Welcome home
Chapter 2 - Nightmares
Chapter 3 - Blackout
Chapter 4 - Demons are everywhere
Chapter 5 - Voice of reason
Chapter 6 - Damn it all to hell
Chapter 7 - A little Aria knowledge
Chapter 8 - Let the hunt begin
Chapter 9 - Too late
Chapter 10 - Ultimatum
Chapter 11 - Mated
Chapter 12 - Some things are best kept hidden
Chapter 13 - A witch's hell
Chapter 14 - Pleasure: One half of the coin
Chapter 15 - Pain: The other half of the coin
Chapter 16 - Walking on eggshells
Chapter 17 - We all settle sometimes
Chapter 18 - Retail therapy
Chapter 19 - Clearing the air
Chapter 20 - Plots, schemes, sex, "The Kiss' &... a shocking conclusion
Chapter 21 - Mate bonds
Chapter 22 - Seizan Secret
Chapter 23 - One step ahead
Chapter 24 - When bad goes crazy
Chapter 25 - Something lost and something found
Chapter 26 - Revenge is a dish best served with precision
Chapter 27 - Kill them, heal me
Chapter 28 - Bye-bye birdie
Chapter 29 - Mate bonds are eternal
Chapter 31 - Upset of the balance
Chapter 32 - The scales have been tipped
Chapter 33 - Balance, no balance
Chapter 34 - Merge
Chapter 35 - Zane or Elijah?
Chapter 36 - A mother's hatred
Chapter 37 - Goodbye Atron
Chapter 38 - Return
Chapter 39 - The final nail in the coffin
Epilogue

Chapter 30 - New addition

7.3K 373 54
Per MemoirsofaGeisha

30 - New addition

Aria
Zane had decided not to go back with me to the north kingdom. I guess he didn't want to cause Alyssa anymore stress. I didn't complain. He had other things to deal with anyway. I wished him luck with his brother. Knowing the temper Eli has on him, I'd be surprised if Zane came out of this without any bruises. I made it just in time.

"What the hell are you doing here? You're not welcome here!"

"It's good to see you too, Alexis. Unfortunately today is not about you. Has it started yet?"

"Has what started yet?"

"I guess not."

"Where is Alyssa?" Zaphaya appeared beside me and so did my father.

"Aria what the fuck is going on?" She glared at me hoping her glare would somehow make me disappear.

"It's almost time," Zaphaya said.

"Alexis, you should go be with mom. She doesn't have much time left." She nodded and walked away. I'm surprised she didn't argue. We followed her. I'd already said my goodbye so I went to Alyssa's room instead. She was sobbing beside Dimitri. I looked on in pity. I took a step forward and paused. What do I say to her? Why am I even here? I didn't show up when she lost the baby and she's about to lose her husband now. I didn't think she would welcome my presence. I walked backwards until I was outside of the room. I rested my head against the wall and sighed. I didn't know how to do this. This wasn't my area of expertise. I wasn't a people person. That was Zane.

"Do you need my help," Zane whispered in my mind.

"I thought you were dealing with Elijah."

"I haven't gone to the palace yet."

"You're scared."

"I'm not scared. I'm just cautious," he said appearing in front of me.

"If that's what you want to believe." There was a shout and then screaming from down the hall. It was Alexis. I knew from her cry that my mother was gone.

"She's gone."

"Are you sure you can handle this?"

"I have to. I'm the head of this family now. Keep an eye on Alyssa. I need to check on Alexis." He nodded and I walked off. Alexis was being unreasonable when I approached. She refused to let our father touch our mother. She was blocking him and preparing to fight if necessary. "Alexis you have to let him do what he came here to do."

"He's not touching her. I don't want him anywhere near her."

"Alexis." That was Chad. "You have to let go sweetie. This is not what your mother would have wanted." He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to him. She buried her face against his front and sobbed. My heart broke for her.

"You can do what you came here to do," I said to my father. He nodded and disappeared. I watched as he found her energy source and extracted her powers from her. The minute he reappeared there was as cry and then a scream.

"Alyssa." Zaphaya disappeared. I knew that Dimitri had left us, for good this time. All around me was death. Will it ever end?

"I need to do the transfer." My lips formed into a straight line at the sound of my father's voice.

"Alexis, he needs to do the transfer."

"No."

"Alexis, it's moms gift to you."

"I don't want her powers. I can't bear knowing that she's gone." I sighed.

"Mom wants you to have them and you will accept them without complaint. Think of them as her always being a part of you." It was no use. Alexis wouldn't listen to a thing I said. I looked at Chad using my eyes to plead with him for assistance. Eventually after more sobbing and quiet whispering between the two she acceded to the transfer.

"She'll be in pain a little while after."

"Just get on with it." He disappeared from view and I watched as he entered her body to do the task. Midway through a scream from Alyssa had me fleeing to her room.

"What is it?" Zaphaya looked worried.

"It's time. He's coming." Alyssa clutched her stomach and bent over at the waist.

"Are you prepared?" Zaphaya nodded.

"Then get on with it."

"I can't start until Adrian is here. He won't come otherwise and it will be more painful for her."

"Does she even know?" Another scream from Alyssa had Zane rushing in worried. Zaphaya shook her head from side to side. I moved to Alyssa's side.

"Alyssa, sweetie you have to listen to me."

"Aria, what are you doing here?" Another scream left her lips.

"Alyssa, listen to me. There is another baby. What you're feeling right now is the pressure of labour. He's ready to make an appearance. You have to let him. If you don't you will die and I will not allow that to happen."

"What? What are you saying?" She closed her eyes and started panting heavily.

"Aria, we need Adrian."

"I know. Help her." Zane took over and to my surprise Alyssa allowed him to help her. He was soothing her worries. "How do I do this," I asked Zaphaya.

"Just call for him. He'll hear." I nodded. I must have called for Adrian a dozen times. He didn't respond or show up. "Aria, demand his presence. We don't have much time." I didn't even know how that worked. Zane was in my head immediately sensing my uncertainty.

"Repeat everything I say."

"Okay." I followed the instructions Zane gave me and within a few seconds Adrian was kneeling at my feet writhing in pain. Alyssa let out another cry.

"We need to get her ready," Zaphaya said. They moved her to another room and Zaphaya got ready for the birth as Adrian's pain started to ease.

"What did you do to me? Why am I here?"

"We don't have time to waste on stupid questions. The baby is coming and you need to be here for the birth. That's the way things are."

"What baby?"

"Your baby, Adrian. Alyssa is in labour right now. I can't explain it all. We don't have the time. You need to go to her and get her through this. She needs you right now. Dimitri is dead. Our mother is dead. She needs you now more than ever. She needs you to be her mate. So go be her mate." I have no idea what losing a child is like, and I pray I never find out. Adrian seemed to come to his senses when Alyssa cried out in pain again.

"Her water broke," Zaphaya shouted. He was gone before she could say more. I looked at Dimitri sadly. We never got along but he was family. Leon appeared with tears in his eyes. This must be so hard for him, to lose his son twice and also lose the woman he loves.

"Dimitri was always so strong. It pained me to see him so weak these last few days, but I got to say goodbye."

"I'm sorry there was nothing I could do to prevent this from happening."

"And I am sorry about your mother."

"As am I. Like you, I got the chance to say goodbye." There was nothing more I could say to him or him to me.

"I'll take care of the preparations, princess Aria. You should go do what you came here to do." I gave him a respectful bow and left.

"How is she?"

"She's resting. Her body needs time to adjust to these new powers. She'll be fine once she wakes up." Chad sat with Alexis looking worried. I've never understood their weird relationship, but I know he loves her. I know he would die for her just like Zane would for me. "I'd like to take care of Lexandra's body."

"You will do no such thing. You came here to do a task. You did it. You can leave now."

"She's a witch and she is still my wife. There are procedures that need to be done. Your mother isn't just a witch, Aria. She's a queen. She needs to be treated as such." I could not believe this man could talk so casually about a woman he should have loved and had three children with. I wanted to say no out of spite, but I couldn't. At the end of the day my mother was queen of planet Dronan. She deserves to be put to rest as such.

"I'll leave her in your care then." I turned away from him with a sigh. Chad left the room with Alexis in his arms. Tears sprang to my eyes for what we've lost today; our mother.

Simultaneous laughter reached my ears as Zara and Nikai came down the hall. Their fingers were joined. They obviously knew nothing of what's going on based on how they were carrying on. My mother's word floated through my mind. "Nikai and Zara should never be together. He's the Tao and she's too unstable. His priority is to Alekzandier and Domnik. It will be so until he dies or they die." They came to an abrupt stop when they saw me leaning against the wall.

"Princess Aria," Zara bowed.

"It's 'your highness', Zara. Don't be coy. What do you think you're doing?" I signalled to their joined hands. Nikai pulled away. She shrugged.

"I'm stuck in the palace. I might as well make the most of it."

"You're here to learn control. You're not here to frolic and fraternize." She jumped under the weight of my voice. "Do I need to eliminate you from the equation?"

"No, your highness."

"Good. Now run along. I need to speak with him." She bowed and left. Zara was never an easy girl to deal with. This encounter was calm compared to some of the others. She'd cause problems sooner or later. I glared at Nikai. "Stop sleeping with her."

"Excuse me?"

"I know you have some weird loyalty to my sister, and you're Adrian's friend. I also know you have feelings for Alexis. None of that is my business. My business is keeping this family together. You are not going to threaten that by fucking around with her. Your priorities are Alekzandier and Domnik, nothing else. No one can come in between that."

"Of course."

"Do we understand each other?"

"Yes."

"Good. I need you to go get the twins. Alyssa is in labour and I think their presence might be comforting." He opened his mouth to ask questions but I held up my palm. "I don't have time to explain. Do as I ask. Explanations can come later." He nodded and left. I ran my fingers through my hair. This family was a mess. What else would I have to deal with before this child is born?

Like I had asked for it, a door opened, and none other than Blake staggered out. He stops, blinks, tilts his head to the side, blink again, and then mutter something to himself. He had a bottle in his hand. It's been months. Why is he still drinking? Why is he still living like this?

"Well, if it isn't my mate. I guess I should say ex-mate." I guess he's not as drunk as I thought.

"It's a little after noon, Blake. Why are you drinking?"

"So you care?"

"I do."

"Good for you, Aria. Let me tell you a little secret. I don't."

"Blake, now is not the time for you to be drinking. There are a lot of things going on right now. I can't worry about you too."

"So you're worried now? Where were you these past seven months to fucking care? Don't do me any favours. Just go back to your fairytale life and leave us regular people alone."

"Blake," Zane's voice floated in my head stopping me from continuing.

"She's crowning. You should be here." I gave Blake one last look and walked off. As horribly as things have turned out for him I still worry and I still care. There was once a time I thought I loved him. I don't want to see him like this. What's worse is that I'm the one who made him like that.

Zane wrapped his arms around me and pulled me back against his front as we watched in awe as things started to unfold. Adrian, although confused, was still by Alyssa's side. Alyssa's eyes were closed tight and her grip on Adrian's arm looked painful. Zaphaya was doing her duty encouraging Alyssa to push. Alyssa shook her head from side to side.

"I can't do it. I'm not pregnant. There's no way I'm pregnant."

Alekzandier and Domnik were on the floor. They were quiet, unmoving, like they were waiting for something. Zaphaya tried to convince Alyssa but it was no use. She just did not believe she was pregnant and that the baby was coming. I moved from Zane's arms and went to Alyssa's other side. I brushed her wet hair from her forehead. She held the hand I offered somehow knowing I was there without me telling her.

"I know it's unbelievable, Alyssa, but these things happen. In the midst of life there is death and death also opens the door for new life. You have to let that new life in. If you don't, you will die. If you do not have this baby you will die. I can't lose a sister. I've already lost a mother. Now you need to push. Adrian and I are right here. We're right here. All you have to do is listen to Zaphaya's voice and push. She'll guide you." She opened her eyes, looked at me and nodded. I signalled for Zaphaya to go ahead. Alyssa looked at Adrian and you'd be a fool to not recognize the love that passed between them. That's how it's supposed to be. I looked at my own mate and he smiled, understanding clear in his eyes. Adrian took over comforting and encouraging her, and eventually she started to push.

"I can see the head. You're doing great, Alyssa."

It took her an hour to push that little bugger almost all the way out. An hour! I looked at Zane in horror. "I am not having your kids if this is what I have to go through."

He chuckled. "If that's what you want to believe."

"You're almost there, Alyssa. Now I want you to take a deep breath and give me one final push. After this it will be over."

"I'm right here," Adrian said to her. "I'm right here." Beads of perspiration gathered on him forehead like he was the one in labour. Alyssa was drenched. Her signature curls almost completely flat.

She took that deep breath Zaphaya had instructed her to take and pushed with all her might. Zaphaya went to work immediately severing the bond between mother and child. Alyssa panted hard. Adrian kissed her forehead and whispered comforting words to her. The panicked grip on my fingers alerted me that something was wrong.

"What is it?"

"There's no crying." She looked to Adrian for an explanation. "Why isn't there any crying?" She was in full blown panic mode now. She tried to get out of bed. Adrian held her back.

"Zaphaya?"

"I don't know. Everything seems fine." She was just as worried as Alyssa.

One by the council members started appearing in the room. They were all in their signature dress robes. They gathered waiting for something. The palace doctor had been summoned and was now taking care of Alyssa. Zaphaya was still working on the baby. We waited with our breaths held. A few seconds was all it took. After a few seconds the cry we'd all been waiting for came. Everyone relaxed.

"It's a boy," Zaphaya said to Alyssa and Adrian once she had him cleaned up. I wanted to get a look at him but I knew I had to wait until mother and father had their first look.

Once he was in Alyssa's arms silence and calm settled around us. The council was still there, waiting. What are they waiting for? Even Zaphaya looked like she was waiting for something. And then it happened. There was a voice. This voice took over our bodies and left us immobilized. Everyone became still and eye colours around the room started changing. They were all white. Zane and I were the last to follow, and then we were sucked into a trance.

"I am the one they call Aiden. I am the Oracle. My appearance has been anticipated for over one hundred years. I am here now. I hold the secrets of the past, present and future. I also have the gift to change the past, the present and the future. I alone. My twin sister Adrianna gave up her life in the womb so that I will hold ultimate power; and so I shall. She will return in the form of another. For in this lifetime there shall be two Oracles. I anticipate her return. For those who gave their lives so that my sister and I can have a beginning, my sister and I are immensely grateful. For those will protect us, we offer gratitude. For those who wish to harm us there will only be death. Accept our gratitude and heed our warning. I will leave you now."

The spell broke and we were once again back to our usual self. I looked to Zane for an explanation but he didn't have one. He only shrugged. The council gathered around Alyssa and Adrian and offered their blessing. "Your majesties, congratulations." They bowed their heads in reverence and then started to disperse one by one. My father was the last to go. "We will return to put Lexandra to rest. For now we'll take her with us and prepare." I nodded.

Alexis ran into the room excitedly a few minutes later. "You had a baby?" Alyssa didn't look at her. I got my first look at Alexis since the power transfer.

"What's wrong with your hair, and your eyes?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Your hair."

"She woke up like that," Chad said.

"I think we should give them some privacy," Zane chipped in. I agreed. Alyssa must be exhausted and Adrian as well. We gave them their privacy. They needed it. I'm not even sure what the birth of this child will mean, but knowing this family's luck, it will probably mean trouble for us.

Adrian
"Adrian?" Alyssa tired yet beautiful voice reached my ears. "Say something." What could I say? This felt almost like a replacement. That's what it feels like.

"You did well, Alyssa."

"I did well? You might as well be talking about organizing an event or something."

"What do you want me to say?"

"For starters you can look at him, look at your son."

"Alyssa, I can't." My voice broke.

"Yes you can. It's hard. I know. But you want to know what's even harder? Living for two months not knowing I had another child inside of me. I barely ate or slept. It's a miracle he was born healthy. You're hurt. You're confused. So am I. We lost our daughter. I know what it's like, but are you going to ignore your son because of that? Are you going to deny our son? You heard him. Adrianna will return. She'll be different but she'll still be her. We've grieved enough. It's time to let go and live. Adrianna won't be forgotten. Aiden will never replace her. Please accept that. I can't do this on my own. If I have to then I might as well die now."

How can she even think that let alone say something like that? "How can you even think something like that? I would never leave you on your own."

"You can't even look at him."

"I'll never abandon you, Alyssa. I've fought too hard to keep you. I won't stop fighting now."

"Look. At. Him." She willed me to look at the small bundle in her arms. I couldn't deny her something so basic even if I wanted to. So I looked down. He was so tiny. I was scared we'd hurt him. So this is what a newborn looks like. "He has all your features except the hair." I smiled.

"How can you even know his hair won't turn out like mine?" She gave me a return smile.

"I know what blond curls look like." She gazed down at him. "They look like that."

"I'll take your word for it." I sat down beside her. "I'm sorry."

"I know. I know you'd never willingly do or say anything to hurt me. I know you, Adrian."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm coping."

"And you're happy."

"I am. Adrian, we have a son. Our love is now wrapped up in a human package in my arms. How could I not be happy? Do you want to hold him?" My eyes went wide.

"No. That would be a disaster. He's so small."

"Babies usually are."

"He'll break." She laughed.

"No he won't."

"I don't think I'm ready."

"Okay. You can just look at him in amazement then, and touch."

"I think I can manage that." We stayed like that until both my mate and child fell asleep. Zaphaya returned with a baby bed.

"Alyssa needs her rest." I nodded. She placed the baby in the basket beside the bed and left. It was quiet, but I wasn't sleepy. I was content with watching them sleep. I loved Alyssa with all my heart, and I know that I'd come to love our son just as much. I looked down at the tiny figure.

"Aiden," his name left my mouth. Alyssa and I had discussed baby names before. Aiden was one of those names. His eyes flew open at the mention of his name. The gold of his eyes were so pronounced already. "You're not normal, are you?" Those words left my mouth in a hushed whisper. He started crying. I didn't want him to wake Alyssa up. There was no choice. I picked him up carefully. I was tense. There were so many things that could go wrong. I could drop him. I could crush his spine or break a bone. But he was crying and Alyssa needed her rest. So even with my worry I held him securely in my arms and started walking around the room. "Your mother couldn't get me to hold you, but in a few minutes you accomplished the task." I heard from somewhere that babies liked the sound of their parents' voice. So I continued talking to him. A lot of it didn't make sense, but it seemed to work. He quieted down and looked at me with interest while I spoke.

Midway through my babble I heard his voice in my head. "I heard your voice in the womb. You always spoke to my sister. It was captivating listening to it." Tears sprung to my eyes. How is this even possible? "I am the Oracle. With me everything is possible." I had so many questions I wanted to ask, but I didn't know how. So I just stood there staring down at this new addition to my life, the son that Alyssa and I made. "All your questions will be answered in due time." He sounded so old. "I am an old soul reborn into a new body. This is the way of the Oracle. There is only one soul that recreates itself century after century." I didn't ask anymore and he didn't say anymore.

"I will sleep now." And he did. I carefully placed him back in the basket and watched over him and my mate while they slept.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

2.1K 447 20
**** Top Pick, 2023 Amby Awards **** **** HighFantasy Book of the Month, June 2023 **** To save the world, Mage Aria sacrificed herself, becoming t...
1.2K 13 12
"In the opulent world of power and wealth, the alluring young heiress, Odessa Sinclair, finds herself drawn into a mesmerizing dance of desire and su...
8.5K 689 3
Ariana never wanted to be mated to the sexy Alpha king, the tingles that she feels every time they touch prove otherwise though. They maybe polar op...
THE SCARIEST NIGHTMARE. Per Pippo

Literatura romàntica

2.2K 154 26
ARIA KNIGHTS Darker than the night itself and more chilling than the darkest nightmares, Aria Knights has always been a puzzle wrapped in shadows. Wa...