The Witch's Irresistible Love

By Madinah_Writes

Although Damon's kiss was intoxicating, his love was a cure for me. He knew that when he kissed me, I would f... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: My Grandma And I
Chapter 3: My Mother-In-Law
Chapter 4: Life As A Couple
Chapter 5: Facing The Smiths
Chapter 6: Good News
Chapter 7: A New Addiction
Chapter 8: Fighting My Insecurities
Chapter 9: Childbirth
Chapter 10: The Three Witches
Chapter 11: Fighting Out Of Hell
Chapter 12: The Last Day Alive
Chapter 13: The End
Chapter 14: A New Beginning
Chapter 15: Grandma
Chapter 16: A New Sister
Chapter 17: Don't Forget
Chapter 18: First Kisses
Chapter 19: Facing The Inevitable
Chapter 20: Heartbroken Damon
Chapter 21: Healing
Chapter 22: Understanding
Chapter 23: Working For Damon
Chapter 24: Everything Here Feels Wrong

Chapter 2: The Years Later

47 4 7
By Madinah_Writes

Months flourished into years. In the living room, I was about to use my drugs when Elvira Young, my best friend, stepped downstairs. She held a cup of strawberry milkshake in her hand and rushed to pick her vibrating phone on the table.

“Oh, my! It’s my boss calling!” She smiled at me before clicking on the answer button.

With the milkshake in her right hand, Elvira placed the phone to her left ear. “Hello Mr. Damon.”

Watching her from beside, I caught the wrinkles formed around her eyes and the wide smile across her lips. She seems excited to pick his call. As Elvira’s friend and roommate, I know how obsessed my friend is about her boss. I rolled my eyes and concentrated on my drugs. Taking the pills and tablets, I took the cup of water beside me and gulped on the drugs, one after another.

“Fine, how’s the weekend?” She started.

“No, it’s not like that. I’ve been really busy with home chores.” She chuckled and turned to me. I focused my eyes on the laptop in front of me. As it is, I work as an assistant editor at Harlequin books, publishing company.

“Yeah, she’s fine. She’s even here with me.” She chuckled again.

“Boss, you’re so funny.”

“Definitely, I would. Anything for you, Mr. CEO.”

“Okay, see you on Monday. Have a nice day. Bye!” She ended the call and sucked the straw of milkshake before placing her phone beside me on the table.

“Bestie, how are you feeling?” She gazed at me, a little worried. “Have you eaten before using your drugs?”

“Yes. I’ve eaten.”

“Hope you ate enough? You hardly eat these days and you don’t use your medication regularly like the doctor prescribed.”

I continued typing with no reply.

“Perhaps, shouldn’t you give it a rest? It’s weekend, okay? And you’ve been through a lot lately.”

“There’s no weekend for writers. And I need to complete this manuscript before month-end.” I explained.

“That’s terrible. Really. You’ve been on this since morning. I don’t think I can ever be a writer.” She hissed. “Just make sure you rest, huh? Your health is a priority to me.”

A small smile formed on my lips with her last words. Elvira could be cute whenever she wants to.

Holding my smile, a soft chuckle escaped her lips while she took her milkshake. While typing, I felt her big brown eyes staring at me.

“Anything the problem?”

Suddenly, she cleared her throat and clung to the sofa chair. “Do you remember Mr. Damon?”

“Which Mr. Damon?” I raised a slim eyebrow and adjusted my reading glasses.

“Mr. Damon Smith, my boss.”

“Yes, what about him?”

“He’s the one I just spoke with now. He was actually asking after you like; how are you feeling and all?”

“So, what did you tell him?” I asked vacantly.

“I told him you’re doing fine, you know. He was just concerned. Yesterday, he asked for your contact but I told him I’d have to ask you first. I think my boss is interested in you, Ally.”

“What are you insinuating?” My heart sank at her last words. I couldn’t believe my roommate was trying to hook me up with her boss.

“Umm... You should understand. I already told you... My boss is interested in you.”

“Shouldn’t he meet me himself? And although, I’m heartbroken. I have no space of love in my heart right now. Didn’t you tell him that?” I stopped writing and faced her completely.

“I didn’t-“ she tried to explain, but I cut her words.

“Don’t bother telling him anything, Elvie! I’m not interested in Damon or any guy right now. At least, not this year! I just need to be alone. You, of all people, should understand that.”

“Come on, Ally. Nobody knows tomorrow. If you lock your heart and say no to every man. You won’t know when your destined husband would come. Perhaps every disappointment is a blessing. My boss is really into you and I notice that he’s off minded.”

“Really?” I blushed. “And how do you know his thoughts?”

“Do this for me, bestie. Damon is a good guy. You should just meet and talk things out as adults.” Elvira persuaded.

“We just met when?... Last weekend and he’s already in love? That’s impossible! Aww!” I felt my head swimming and held onto it, with a squeezed face. “It’s okay, Elvie! You’re making my head ache.”

“You can’t be like this forever, huh? Because you blushed just now makes me happy. I know he’d make you happy, too.”

“Whatever..” I hissed at her, trying to concentrate on the manuscript. “Just leave me alone.”

“I wished he asked me out for once or even get a guy that serious.” She joked.

“Elvira, please! Stop disturbing me.” I raised my eyes at her and felt my heart burning, just to the words. As if it caught fire, my whole body started heating again. I just had to close my laptop and bury my head in my palms.

“I told you to leave me alone. Come off this, please... Please.” My voice shivered with tears clouded in my eyes.

“I’m sorry I made you cry.” She whined like a baby and took the cup of water along with her.

“Should I refill the cup or...” she asked while walking into the kitchen.

I raised my gaze and I could feel my heart pounding already. I just took the scripts and my laptop, and walked into my room with the door locked.

I gently placed my stuff on the side shelf of my bed and laid down on my soft bed to cry. As it is, I hardly leave my room. I thought it’d be nice to have some fresh air, but Elvira ruined it all.

‘Knock! Knock! knock!’

It was her by my door, again.

“Don’t be angry with me.” She pleaded with guilt. “Maybe this isn’t the right time to tell you but, we will talk about this later. Have a rest, okay?”

I gave no reply. Just then, I heard her footsteps as she walked away.

2 Months Later.

I walked into a big, black Range Rover Jeep. It was for Damon. Today, he picked me up from the office even though I denied.

“Damon, like I told you on the phone. I’m not the girl that you can love. I’m heartbroken right now. I’ve been through a lot in a couple of months and I just want to be alone. To heal.” I told him.

“You told me the same on the phone but please. Give me a chance to prove my love for you. Love heals all wounds.”

“I got hurt by trusting someone I shouldn’t.” I revealed.

“My love won’t hurt you, I promise.” Damon convinced me, with earnest.

“Don’t make promises to me, Damon. You don’t owe me anything. Let’s just drop this topic and pretend that this conversation never took place. I don’t have time for love!” I drew an end line for our discussion. Hoping he’d let go.

“Adelaide Cooper... It’s the second time we’re meeting. I don’t know why, but I’ve never felt this way for any girl before. In your eyes, I see my future. In your smile, I see my future. Everything about you interests me, even your silence. You dominate my thoughts, my mind, and feelings. I can only find true love and happiness with you. Tell me, was he your first love?” He smiled at my words as if it impressed him.

“I never loved him. I was just betrayed.” I looked away, still feeling hurt.

“I love you and I would never betray.” He meant it. My eyes met with his hazel eyes and for the first time, I felt lost in his presence.

“Do you promise me that?”

“Yes, my love.” He placed his hands on mine and I felt his warmth. Although my heart was racing a thousand times per second, I felt loved and protected. Hoping he wouldn’t betray as promised.

“Okay, then. Let’s give love a chance.”

***

“Ha!” I let out a screeching cry, and Damon rushed out of the bathroom.

“Adelaide... Are you okay?” Concern laced his voice as my fingers, like eagle claws, grabbed my strawberry red hair.

“Yes, I’m fine.”

“No, you are not.” His jaws dropped in amazement at why I screamed like that. I was fighting with my inner demons, but I dare not tell him.

Without looking at the mirror, I know how ugly I was. The disappointment on his face tells it all. It washed my mascaraed blue eyes with tears. I just sniffled and wiped off the tears.

“My love.” He rushed to me, more concerned. “Is there something I need to know?”

“I’m fine, Damon. I’d be fine.” A jittery smile lightened my tomato-red face, but it dropped almost immediately.

Damon crawled to the bed, holding my face in his hands.

“Are you in pain, anywhere? Just tell me.” His eyes bled at mine. Take a glance at Damon and you’d know how much he loves me.

“There’s nothing, my husband. Now that you’re here, I’m fine now.”

“But you screamed so hard. It was deafening.” His thumb wiped off my chubby cheeks.

“Really? Did I shout?”

“Of course you did.” He reported and moved closer. “I want you to know that I’m here for you. No matter what, I am here with you. I won’t leave.” He faked a smile and gently placed my head on his broad shoulder.

His fingers tucked my rough hair behind my ears, and he planted a small kiss on my sweaty forehead. “I love you.” His hoarse voice whispered into my ears.

I held my arm around his waist, holding him tight. As if someone was going to take me away from him. More tears lingered from my eyes, down to his white singlet, but Damon didn’t mind. He adjusted my hair and silently cooed me to sleep. I could hear his heartbeats against my head as I lost my sleep. My inner demons were against me. I didn’t know how to control them, or myself.

“I can’t sleep.” I sobbed dumbly, trying to suppress the pains in my head.

“Please...do.” He pat on my shoulders and sighed heavily on his breath. “Try to.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 2K 46
Niccola is a demi-queen undercover in enemy territory. Her little sister went missing seven moons ago, but one lead remains: a picture of a woman's f...
476K 23.6K 65
"Do you remember calling me 'mate?'" he asked softly, pushing her wild curls away from her face. She blushed deeply, but he wouldn't let her look awa...
148K 8.1K 42
Meredith had always known about magic. Her family was magic, one of the most powerful mage lines out there. Having lost her parents to all the fighti...
34K 1.8K 60
"As I passionately kiss your lips and breathe all of you in, release your pain to me; let me inhale it and let my soothing touch heal your broken sou...