Would Anyone Care Where We St...

By Syaira_syara

Looking up to the sky with those dirty, dead-fish-like eyes, she wondered whether anyone would care or cry if... More

Chapter 1: Writer, Regressor, and Reader
Chapter 2: Protagonist
Chapter 3: Borderline
Chapter 4: Imposter
Chapter 5: Villain In The Mist
Chapter 6: Not a Hero
Chapter 8: Outstretched Hand
Chapter 9: Control
Chapter 10: Under The Pressure
Chapter 11: Running
Chapter 12: Lucid Dreamer
Chapter 13: Into The Movie
Chapter 14: Guilt-Ridden Survivor
Chapter 15: The Matter Of Trust
Chapter 16: Prophecy Or Revelations
Chapter 17: Character Or Real Person
Chapter 18: Servants Of Evil
Chapter 19: Whispers In The Dark
Chapter 20: Repose
Chapter 21: Trap
Chapter 22: Nocturnal Serenade (I)
Chapter 23: Nocturnal Serenade (II)
Chapter 24:Nocturnal Serenade (III)
Chapter 25: Paranoia
Chapter 26: Savior (I)
Chapter 27: Savior (II)
Chapter 28: The Heaven Has Fallen
Chapter 29: Has Your Salvation Come? (I)

Chapter 7: Can You Hold Me?

867 41 8
By Syaira_syara

[ A new sub scenario has arrived! ]

+

[ Sub Scenario - Welcome Prison ]

Category: Sub

Difficulty: D-F

Clear Conditions: Escape from Welcome Prison within the time limit

Time Limit: 1 hour

Compensation: 300 coins

Failure: ???

+

[ Sub Scenario - Welcome Prison has begun! ]

[ Welcome Prison ]

It was a space that led people to madness by touching a person's trauma. It was quite a challenge to pass through this sub scenario, Kim Dokja thought, but she hoped Yoo Joonghyuk would be okay because she knew, he could have suffered a lot in this sub scenario. Just like how Kim Dokja thought about her Life and Death Companion, Yoo Joonghyuk also thought about her. He hoped Kim Dokja would not suffer too much in this sub scenario.

Unfortunately, life never went easily as you expected.

When they entered Chungmuro Station, Yoo Joonghyuk told them to be careful before the fog occupied the tunnel and instantly blocked their sight.

"Oppa!".

"Yoo Joonghyuk, this-!".

"Mia, don't move from your place! Just do as we've planned, Seolhwa!".

Their surrounding changed and it started.

Yoo Joonghyuk saw his younger self when he was still 20 years old. He got off from the subway and met with Lee Seolhwa. They had agreed to attend Kim Dokja's graduation day. Not only they graduated from that school, but they also wanted to congratulate their Junior. Lee Seolhwa teased him that he just missed her. When Yoo Joonghyuk and Lee Seolhwa had arrived in their former school, they also met with Han Sooyoung and Han Youra. Yoo Joonghyuk told them that he got a call from Kim Dokja this morning about her graduation day. She didn't ask him to come. Instead, she told him that he needn't come if he was too busy. Yoo Joonghyuk had felt something was off from her in the phone and called Lee Seolhwa, asking if she would want to come with him to their former school for Kim Dokja's graduation day.

Who could predict if this would happen?

Han Youra looked upset after listening to Yoo Joonghyuk and Han Sooyoung's story. When they wanted to find Kim Dokja, they heard someone screaming about someone fell from the rooftop. Looking up, they saw Kim Dokja fell from the rooftop. Her fallen body spun in the air before she hit the bark of a tree. More precisely, it was not only the usual bark of the tree but the sharp branches. The sharp branch of the tree had pierced Kim Dokja's torso diagonally, eviscerating her body and they could see red.

Yoo Joonghyuk barely registered his surroundings. He vaguely registered it when Han Youra screamed Kim Dokja's name in fright after they saw her daughter's bloodied body. He vaguely registered how Han Sooyoung fell to the ground with her knees on the ground and started crying silently in shock. No wonder Han Sooyoung reacted like that. Not only Lee Seolhwa and Han Youra, but even Yoo Joonghyuk also felt like the time had stopped after they saw how Kim Dokja's bloodied body landing on the bushes of the flowers in the school's garden.

The flower petals on the garden's school were covered with her blood. The bloody flower petals scattered in the air. When her body hit the sharp branch of the tree, it was eviscerating Kim Dokja's internal organs and you could see it from the diagonal gaping hole on her torso, her blood and her intestines-

Lee Seolhwa covered her mouth. She felt like vomiting, but thanks to Yoo Joonghyuk who ran forward, she was looking up. Looking at Kim Dokja's state had snapped her. Lee Seolhwa slapped her cheeks and told herself to get together. It was not the time to be panicked. She was going to be a doctor. Who else could save her?

Both Yoo Joonghyuk and Lee Seolhwa had run to Kim Dokja. Despite her tears, Han Youra frantically called the ambulance as Lee Seolhwa tried to provide emergency aid.

Yoo Joonghyuk grabbed her hand "Kim Dokja, get yourself together!".

Puking blood, Kim Dokja croaked as the blood smeared around her mouth "...Am I gonna die?".

Lee Seolhwa, wiping her tears with the back of her hand, tried to stop the bleeding "No! I won't let you! Don't you dare!".

Blinking her tears, Kim Dokja coughed more blood "For the last time... I'm glad... that I can see your face...".

Yoo Joonghyuk frantically called her name when her eyes started to lose their light "...Kim Dokja? No! Kim Dokja, open your eyes!".

She did not answer and Lee Seolhwa said with a trembling voice "...Her heart stopped due to shock...".

He refused to give up. Yoo Joonghyuk told Lee Seolhwa to just focus on 'stop her bleeding' as he gave the heart massage and the artificial respiration. Thankfully, Han Youra came carrying the AED Portable which she had found near the gym in this school. When the ambulance arrived, Lee Seolhwa had finished stitching (temporarily) the gaping hole on Kim Dokja's torso to stop the bleeding. Several seconds ago, Kim Dokja's heart (which temporarily had stopped beating) started beating again. Even if it was faint, but it was still there.

Thinking it was safe to trust Kim Dokja with the doctor, Yoo Joonghyuk glared up to the rooftop. Lifting his head, he saw those people who dared to hurt her and push her to the Abyss. He didn't know what had gotten into him and he didn't care. What he cared about was, he had to get rid of them. Without realizing it, Yoo Joonghyuk had arrived on the rooftop and thankfully, these petrified morons were still on the rooftop, too afraid to move after the terrible deed they had done to her. There were Song Minwoo with his friends, and some female students (which he recognized as those who once bullied Kim Dokja due to their jealousy). It seemed like they bullied her again after he graduated from this school and Kim Dokja told him nothing about it. It was frustrating. Yoo Joonghyuk didn't know for how long it had been. He slapped those girls till they dropped to their knees. For the boys, Yoo Joonghyuk did not hesitate to beat them black and blue. He roared like the beast who just got unleashed from its rein.

What had stopped Yoo Joonghyuk, was Han Youra who wrapped her arms around his torso, pulling him back "Yoo Joonghyuk, stop! She's alive! She survived, thanks to you and Lee Seolhwa who have given the emergency aid! Let's go to the hospital together and let them be!".

Covering his eyes, Yoo Joonghyuk knew this was only the illusion of the past. Still, no matter how many times he witnessed it, it didn't make the pain go away.

[ The exclusive skill 'Destroy Evil Level 1' is activated ]

[ The exclusive skill 'Destroy Evil Level 1' has turned off 'Welcome Prison' ]

[ You have met the conditions to clear the Sub Scenario ]

Yoo Joonghyuk pulled out his sword when the 8 grade Specter appeared in front of his eyes "Die".

Just like that day, Yoo Joonghyuk swung his blade until he could no longer see the Specters around him and collapsed due to his fatigue.

SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! SMACK!

"-up! Oppa, wake up already!".

"...Mia?", caressing his cheek, Yoo Joonghyuk sat up "What happened?".

"You don't remember? You went rampage and killed all the Specters before you lost consciousness due to fatigue", Lee Seolhwa hummed in approval after she checked his vitals "What did you see to the point of going berserk like that?".

Turning his head, Yoo Joonghyuk narrowed his eyes "...I don't want to talk about it".

"...Did you see what happened in Dokja-ah's graduation?", his silence was enough to answer her question and Lee Seolhwa's expression turned grim "You did".

Yoo Joonghyuk thought he was too weak "Do you think it's ridiculous? Because I still can't get over with it".

"No, because I also witnessed the same thing with you", Lee Seolhwa smiled bitterly before she told him to relax "It's normal for humans to get traumatized when they see something horrible like that happens to their precious people. It does not mean you're weak. I think it's your kindness".

Yoo Joonghyuk snorted "The soft words such as 'kindness' does not suit me".

Yoo Mia patted Yoo Joonghyuk's head "There, there. Oppa, you can ask her to hold you when she comes if you need it to soothe your heart".

Thanks to Yoo Mia, Lee Seolhwa had a good laugh.

When Yoo Joonghyuk checked the indirect messages, he frowned because the damned constellations had sent the various impression.

[ The constellation 'Director of the Last False Act' is looking down with sad eyes ]

[ The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' gives a supporting pat on the back of the constellation 'Director of the Last False Act' ]

[ The constellation 'Prisoner of the Golden Headband' wonders since when the constellation 'Secretive Plotter' and the constellation 'Director of the Last False Act' get along well together? ]

[ The constellation 'Abyssal Black Flame Dragon' likes your rage ]

[ The constellation 'Demon-Like Judge Fire' feels sad for your trauma and encourages you ]

Yoo Joonghyuk could not help but ask them "...Shouldn't you watch over your Incarnation?".

[ The constellation 'Demon-Like Judge Fire' lifts her thumb, telling you that her Incarnation is doing great ]

[ The constellation 'Director of the Last False Act' says her Incarnation will depart tomorrow after resting tonight ]

Jung Heewon and Han Sooyoung sneezed at the same time, causing the others to worry if they got a cold or whatnot.

Leaning her temple on her sister's, Kim Dokja hummed in approval "At least, you don't have a fever".

Han Sooyoung narrowed her eyes "Please, my body is not as weak as you, Unnie".

Kim Dokja flicked her forehead "Your stamina is lower than me, though".

Yoo Sangah chuckled "You two really get along well".

After Kim Dokja gave them several valuable Items (which she'd got from destroying the Bald General of Justice's statue secretly), she told them how she could get it. Mostly, they could believe her, even if three people could not easily believe her. Kim Namwoon, Jung Heewon, and Han Sooyoung.

Listening to her older sister's bullshit, Han Sooyoung narrowed her eyes in suspicion "Unnie, you didn't simply destroy the Constellation's statue or shrine, right?".

Kim Dokja smiled innocently "Of course not! Han Sooyoung, how could you doubt your sister?".

[ Many constellations are amazed by your boldness ]

[ The constellation 'Director of the Last False Act' smiles at your wickedness ]

[ 800 coins have been sponsored ]

Thinking the further sub scenario, Kim Dokja mumbled out of the blue "...I wonder if Seonbae is doing well".

She knew that he also had a fragile spot, unlike his resilient appearance. It successfully invited those annoying grins on her companions' face.

"...What?".

Jung Heewon teased her with a broad grin "Oh, my... Do you miss him that much?".

Kim Dokja raised her eyebrow "What? No, I think you get the wrong idea here".

Kim Namwoon casually tucked his hands behind his head "It's totally fine to miss your lover, Boss Lady".

Han Sooyoung butted in "They are not lovers".

Kim Dokja raised her hand "It doesn't look like what it looks like. I think it's better that I make it clear now. We are not lovers".

Yoo Sangah pouted "Why do you against that idea so much, Dokja-Ssi? I mean, it's not like Joonghyuk-Ssi treated you poorly. Instead, he treated you with so much care as long as we observed it".

Kim Dokja sighed heavily before she started explaining with a note to herself that she could not believe she had to do this "First, I don't think he looks at me as a woman. As a companion, a friend, a little sister, or a family, it is still possible. But as a woman and romantically? I don't think so. Second, Mia dislikes me. She didn't show it openly, especially in front of her brother, but when it's only the two of us, she constantly lashed out at me or throwing mild language at me. So, the best choice is to never be alone with her. Third, he has Lee Seolhwa".

Lee Hyunsung gaped because he could not believe what he just heard "What did you say?".

"Yoo Joonghyuk Seonbae and Lee Seolhwa Unnie. They were dating. I don't know why, but they broke up when they were in high school. Considering they haven't had a lover, who knows when they're going to be together again?", Kim Dokja rolled her eyes and lifted her hands "Wait, what's wrong with that face? Especially you, Heewon Unnie... Why did you look like you're gonna hit me?".

Jung Heewon groaned in despair "Because I hope I can drill self-conscience and knock some sense into your head. I mean, seriously, Dokja-Ssi! Are you for real?".

Kim Dokja replied, "I am not that dumb. I love them, like a family for me. Lee Seolhwa Unnie is just like my older sister and I hope they both can be happy".

"Even if you alone do not happy and can't be together with him?".

Kim Dokja sceptically stared at her sister "I think you dislike him".

"He's a bastard. What can I do with it? However, I only hoped for your happiness", Han Sooyoung sucked her lemon candy lollipop "You love him. After all, he is your first love".

[ The constellation 'Demon-Like Judge Fire' likes your sisterhood ]

[ 600 coins have been sponsored ]

Kim Dokja stated the matter of fact but did not deny it "First Love usually goes unrequited".

Yoo Sangah puffed her cheeks "But it's not always ended badly, right? There are the cases where your First Love can reach the marriage. You know, the kind of a true love".

Lee Gilyoung mercilessly said, "This is not the romance novel, though".

"...I am aware of what I feel to him. I am not that blind until I can't realize my own feeling and I can feel it sometimes, that they just tried to keep my feeling. Sometimes, I even wonder what did I do to deserve such affection from them?", with her trademark unlucky smile, Kim Dokja said with a tone that she did not want to continue this "With Seonbae, I can tell that we're fond of each other, just like the family. He's been taking care of me and I greatly appreciate it, but... This fondness is not Love. I'm already satisfied with our condition now. I don't want to hope anything of him. When your hope is betrayed, the higher your hope, the more painful you will get. I should not be greedy and I don't want to be the third wheel of somebody else's relationship".

Yoo Sangah disagreed "...I don't like the way you're talking about yourself like you're a bad person. I always think Dokja-Ssi is not a bad person".

Jung Heewon frowned "It sounds like you think you don't deserve love".

Han Sooyoung warned "Jung Heewon".

Jung Heewon snapped back "What? I know this is not our business, but we don't even know the reason why-".

"The reason? You would not want to know it", caressing her cheek, Kim Dokja narrowed her eyes "The fact is, I've been broken in the first place".

Later, not too long after they finished their heated conversation, the sub scenario appeared.

"Everyone, be careful!".

It was the last word she gave to her comrades before they were separated into their trauma.

Kim Dokja knew what she was going to face.

"Dokja-ah, you don't see anything. I did this".

Looking straight to the illusion in front of her and listening to those words, Kim Dokja's face scrunched in pain and betrayal as she clenched her fists "...Liar. You are a big Liar".

[ The exclusive skill 'Sanctuary' is activated! ]

[ Due to the effect of the exclusive skill 'Sanctuary', the effect of the 'Welcome Prison' has been purified ]

She had no clue that she had this kind of skill. Looking around, Kim Dokja found her companions were still trapped in the Welcome Prison. Except for Yoo Sangah. There were two kinds of reactions when you had to face your trauma.

First, being submissive like how Lee Hyunsung or Lee Gilyoung had reacted.

Second, being aggressive like how Jung Heewon, Kim Namwoon, and Han Sooyoung did.

After asking Yoo Sangah to stand guard, Kim Dokja was using the skill that she just got.

[ The exclusive skill 'Destroy Evil Level 1' is activated ]

[ The exclusive skill 'Destroy Evil Level 1' has turned off 'Welcome Prison' ]

[ You have met the conditions to clear the Sub Scenario ]

Now, time to calm down their companions. Lee Hyunsung and Lee Gilyoung were not too hard to handle. They needed to hit Jung Heewon and Kim Namwoon on their nape to make them unconscious. Yoo Sangah helped to hold Han Sooyoung back because she fought against Kim Namwoon when they were under the spell of the Welcome Prison.

Unable to contain her shock from whatever she saw, Han Sooyoung covered her mouth and doubled over. She felt like crying. She felt like vomiting. Running her hands on her hair, she screamed "No, no, no, no... UNNIE!".

More or less, Kim Dokja had an idea about which trauma that her sister had witnessed. Dang it, it was the reason why she had attacked Kim Namwoon and called her like this. With a note to apologize to her later, Kim Dokja slapped her cheek "HAN SOOYOUNG!".

PLAK!

When Han Sooyoung regained her ground, looking at her sister's concerned frown, she abruptly hugged her and cried "You're alive!".

"Of course, I am. Well, duh", Kim Dokja patted her head "There, there. See? This is why I told you that you are a crybaby".

She cried harder "Even if you're so mean, I love you! It's fine as long as you're alive".

"Dokja-ah, what's wrong? Do you have a nightmare again? Come here. Let me tell you a spell to shoo away the nightmare".

The lullaby that their mother usually sang, Kim Dokja was singing it to soothe her sister until her sobbing subsided "Wanna sleep together tonight? I'm afraid we will get a nightmare tonight".

Han Sooyoung nodded her head furiously at that.

[ The constellation 'Abyssal Black Flame Dragon' feels dissatisfied with this sub scenario's lack of battles ]

[ The constellation 'Director of the Last False Act' tells her Incarnation to get herself together ]

[ The constellation 'Demon-Like Judge Fire' scolds the constellation 'Director of the Last False Act' for being too strict ]

Kim Dokja scowled "Give us a break, will you?".

[ The constellation 'Prisoner of the Golden Headband' feels wary of your ambiguous skill ]

[ The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' admires your spirit ]

[ 300 coins have been sponsored ]

The next second, Lee Gilyoung wrapped his arms around Kim Dokja's waist, hugging her from behind "Can I sleep near you too, Noona?".

Kim Dokja smiled thinly and ruffled the kid's head "Of course".

Rubbing his dizzy head, Kim Namwoon approached them and commented "Boss Lady is just like a mother".

"That's why they love you", Yoo Sangah chuckled before her smile faltered "But... Dokja-Ssi, actually... what did you see till you made that face?".

Kim Dokja blinked her eyes "What kind of face?".

Yoo Sangah hesitantly said, "You looked as if you wanted to cry".

Kim Dokja didn't answer her and only smiled bitterly. At that, Yoo Sangah understood that she was not allowed to ask about it. So, she shut her mouth out.

Long story short, after they regrouped with Yoo Joonghyuk's team when Gong Pildu's members tried to extort them, Yoo Joonghyuk demanded "Kim Namwoon, Lee Hyunsung, report the situation here".

Lee Hyunsung, Kim Namwoon, and Lee Gilyoung explained what happened ever since they arrived here and it was clear that Gong Pildu and his members were the ones who messed up with Kim Dokja's group.

"...Only because of 1.000 coins, you barely harmed her", with a cold fury, Yoo Joonghyuk glared "Line up at least 10 of your people, or should I kill all of you?".

The brats (Lee Gilyoung, Lee Jihye, and Kim Namwoon) cheered when Yoo Joonghyuk pulled out his sword, but Yoo Joonghyuk halted because he felt a pair of arms wrapped itself around his torso. Looking down to the slender arms, Yoo Joonghyuk didn't have to look behind over his shoulders to know, to whom these hands belonged to "Kim Dokja, let go".

"I don't care if you want to kill them, but for now...", Kim Dokja whispered lowly, to the point only Yoo Joonghyuk could hear her "Can you hold me?".

Ah. Yoo Joonghyuk remembered that damned sub scenario. Just like how he yearned for her, she must have had a harsh time due to her trauma. Turning his body, Yoo Joonghyuk grabbed her wrist. Pulling her body closer to him (to the point their body pressed against each other), they felt each other's warmth. For now, this was enough. It was what Kim Dokja thought to herself as she closed her eyes, burying her face on his broad shoulder. Though, she did not predict what happened next.

Giving a light peck on her forehead, Yoo Joonghyuk whispered, running his fingers through her hair "It must be hard for you".

When Yoo Joonghyuk carried her with a lopsided smirk, Kim Dokja smacked his bicep "What I told you before about not to do it in front of everyone?".

"So, it means I can do it when no one sees us?".

"Seonbae!", she whined as she buried her red blushing face on the crook of his neck. After she wrapped her arms around his broad shoulders, she whispered "Also, I believe it's my line. You must have gone through a difficult time too, in the sub scenario".

Closing his eyes slowly, Yoo Joonghyuk inhaled her scent and thought it was okay for now, as long as he could hold her in his arms "...Yeah".

Because of their lovey-dovey moment, without a doubt, Gong Pildu and the others were convinced that they could not mess up with this woman and her group. Unless they wanted to lose their heads. Before they went, Yoo Joonghyuk did not forget to warn them.

"Consider yourself lucky. Due to her mercy, you and your underlings are safe. However...", still carrying Kim Dokja in his arms, Yoo Joonghyuk glared icily "Next time you mess up with her and I find a single scratch on her, I will kill you all. Even if it's only her hair, you are not allowed to touch her. She's mine. I don't like it when someone lay their fingers on my possession".

Han Sooyoung threw her shoe "Since when did Unnie become yours, you Sunfish bastard!?".

Once Jung Heewon woke up and all members were awake, once Lee Hyunsung finished his report about what happened as long as they were separated, Yoo Joonghyuk told them about the next scenario and told them to take a nap. They would need it because this night would be a long night.

Jung Heewon twitched her eyebrow "...What the hell with this sleeping arrangement?".

Kim Dokja sighed in defeat "It can't be helped".

Right now, Kim Dokja was sandwiched between both Han Sooyoung and Yoo Joonghyuk. Yoo Sangah decided to join and sleep beside Han Sooyoung. Yoo Mia slept on the other side of her brother. Lee Gilyoung had a moped and slept in between Yoo Mia and Kim Namwoon. Lee Seolhwa slept on the chair near the wall. Lee Jihye slept beside the doctor, already snoring. Lee Hyunsung slept like a bear, leaning his back on the wall. Jung Heewon gave up and she simply slept beside Lee Hyunsung, leaning her head on his shoulder.

This night would be a long night, indeed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6.8K 96
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.3M 56.3K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
400K 24.2K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
81.6K 2.9K 50
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...