Chapter 25: Paranoia

After they got separated by the Intermediate Dokkaebi, Yoo Joonghyuk found himself in the school of all places. Along with Han Sooyoung.

Han Sooyoung cursed “Of all people and places, why should I get thrown away into this cursed place with you? I’d prefer to get thrown away into the Minosoft again with Kim Dokja!”.

“I believe it’s my line”, Yoo Joonghyuk deadpanned “Wait, are you telling me that you know where is she?”.

The next second, Han Sooyoung blanched and ran “We should go to pick her quickly! She might be in a danger!”.

Yoo Joonghyuk demanded, skidding to follow her “Explain”.

“Kim Dokja got thrown away into the Minosoft and I got thrown away into the publisher corporation nearby. We met in the Coin Farm inside the Minosoft. In the previous life, Kim Dokja saved me when I was out of Mana and exhausted but Kim Dokja is a female now. Who knew what those bastards will do to her?”.

Yoo Joonghyuk’s face darkened at the notion and growled “If something happened to her—”.

Han Sooyoung shared the same dark thought “—They’re dead for good”.

Much to their dismay, they did not find Kim Dokja in the Minosoft. Instead, they found Yoo Sangah in a black widow suit and Gong Pildu. While destroying the Coin Farm of the Minosoft in the process, they were looking for Kim Dokja frantically and desperately. Then, they saw and heard the pillar of a fire and an explosion from a far distance. When they were going to that place, it turned out they just arrived in the other Coin Farm near the bar and red-light district.

As they expected, it was Jung Heewon with Lee Gilyoung and Shin Yoosung.

Han Sooyoung scratched her head in frustration “I don’t understand. Where is Dokja Unnie could have—?”.

Jung Heewon cut her off “I know where she is”.

At that, the kids, Han Sooyoung, and Yoo Joonghyuk snapped their heads and demanded “WHERE?”.

Jung Heewon scratched her head “Well, I know it’s hard to believe, but... I saw her, sort-of her ghost or her soul, probably. Similar with one of her previous self’s skill. She is in the—”.

Han Sooyoung blanched “Of all place... Why?”.

Yoo Joonghyuk turned pale as well. Of course, they would know where and what that place meant to be.

Because it was the place where Kim Dokja tried to commit suicide in her second and last attempt.

[ The Exclusive Skill ‘Clairvoyance’ is activated ]

[ You have entered the Stage of ‘Astral Projection’ Dream ]

Kim Dokja opened her eyes and she knew too well where she was. Kim Dokja ended up being sent to the hospital where she had been dying and sleeping in a comatose sleep. Perhaps, it was because this place was when it happened that day when she regained her reason to live once more time.

She found where her comrades had landed. Each of them. Kim Dokja had learned from the Watcher that one of the conditions for the ‘Astral Projection’ Skill was having an object thinking of her. Which meant, they should have thought of her as well when Kim Dokja was thinking of them.

Jung Heewon landed on the bar, looking around “Dammit, why the hell I should come here again? Dokja-Ssi!”.

Kim Dokja felt touched and she hoped that she could tell her “I will be fine. Just think about yourself, Heewon Unnie”.

Then, as if she had heard her voice (which she had), Jung Heewon snapped her head to the direction where she was standing and reached out her hand as if she just found her “Dokja-Ssi!”.