Chapter 24:Nocturnal Serenade (III)

It happened not too long after Hades told Persephone about a certain Incarnation in carriage number 3808. When Persephone was scrutinizing her soft features, Persephone felt this strangely familiar feeling. She felt strange emotions like yearning, affection, and so much more. It was her husband, Hades who found the little star but it was Persephone who fell in love at the first sight with her. She instantly took a liking towards this Incarnation.

One more strange feeling, Deja Vu, as if she had known them for a long time even if it was the first time for her to see them, appeared in her heart when she was witnessing how Yoo Joonghyuk had bravely jumped off the bridge to save Kim Dokja who fell unconscious, falling down straight to the opened mouth of the Ichthyosaurs swimming in the Han River. She swore she felt like she’d get a heart attack that time, but she felt relieved because Yoo Joonghyuk could kill that Ichthyosaur and save Kim Dokja.

Ever since that time, the Underworld couple never took their eyes off those two Incarnations.

Until one day...

Deja Vu was no longer the Deja Vu.

Persephone ‘arrived’ in this worldline after the incident on the rooftop where Yoo Joonghyuk caught Kim Dokja who jumped off the rooftop after she argued with Han Sooyoung. Blinking a single tear, Persephone reached out her hand and smiled fondly before she was chuckling in between her sniffle “My son... no, I should call her as ‘my daughter’ from now on, I guess”.

As if Fate felt pity and gave their mercy upon the couple who yearned for a presence of a child but had been being cursed of never going to get their own flesh and blood, Hades got the memory about the other version of himself in another worldline. The ones from the 1864th round regression and the 1865th round group regression.

Remembering about his death from the worldline of the 1864th round regression, the very first thing Hades did was to apologize for leaving Persephone’s side. Intertwining his hands in her knuckles, he dropped on his knees “Forgive me, for leaving you and fighting for our child, alone”.

Persephone shook her head with a shaky smile and told him that she forgave him, she understood, and he should not apologize “Silly husband, I am not alone anymore. Now, we’ve finally reunited”.

“Not yet. We haven’t reunited with our child yet”, Hades kissed her knuckles and grinned “Let’s fight together for our child, shall we?”.

Persephone smiled brightly “Of course”.

Now, Persephone only wondered about one thing.

How was Lee Sookyung doing?

By the time Lee Sookyung, the King of Wanderers arrived in the Gwanghwamun with the Wanderers, she saw her daughter, unconscious, being carried bridal style by Yoo Joonghyuk who had lent his black trench coat to Kim Dokja. Lee Sookyung closed her eyes solemnly.

“You don’t have to worry about her anymore. From now on, I will take care of her, protect her, and cherish her till death do us apart because she is my Companion in Life and Death”.

That bold statement sounded like a warning and a war declaration for her from him when they were discussing Kim Dokja’s custody after Han Youra’s death. Even if Yoo Joonghyuk only told her that he wished to be her Guardian (Kim Dokja and Han Sooyoung, to be more precise), Lee Sookyung could see through what those Abyss-like eyes desired.

He wanted Kim Dokja, her daughter.

It was not like she had any choice, given their complicated conditions. Kim Dokja was barely able to take care of herself by this point and Han Sooyoung was still in Junior High School. They both still need a figure of a Guardian who was capable to take care of them. Even if Lee Sookyung objected, she could not win in the court, especially because Han Youra had agreed to hand over the custody to Yoo Joonghyuk (it was being written in her dying wish letter) and Lee Sookyung was clearly not in a condition for being able to raise and take care of them in the prison like this. Not to mention, she was doubt that both Kim Dokja (who thought she was being neglected and most likely, must have hated her) and Han Sooyoung would agree to accept Lee Sookyung as their Guardian.