Chapter 3: Borderline

"...I'm on the borderline".

She stood alone in the empty station at the night. In the subway, no one could be seen. She didn't know for how long she had been sitting on this empty carriage, looking behind to the various scenery outside. It usually gave the eerie chill on the ordinary people's heart, but it was calm. She felt so calm.

Until then...

For the first time ever since she entered this subway, the door opened.

"Found you", a white-cloaked woman with shoulder-length straight black hair smiled at her and reached out her hand "Let's go home".

When she reached out her hand to accept her hand, the wind blew strongly to three pairs of white wings that appeared on her back.

"-ja-Ssi", a hand shook her shoulder gently to wake her up "Dokja-Ssi".

Kim Dokja woke up. She blinked her eyes dazedly and shook her head before looking up. When she saw the one who had woken her up was someone she knew, she smiled "Oh, good evening, Sangah-Ssi".

"Can I sit there?", the blonde asked in concern and smiled when her coworker allowed her. Sitting beside her, Yoo Sangah stared at her "Are you okay? You look tired".

Kim Dokja waved it off as nothing, telling her that she just needed some rest when she arrived home. Yoo Sangah was her closest friend in the Minosoft Corporation. Kim Dokja didn't know why she befriended her, but she still remembered the times she spent together with her in the workplace. The first time they met, they cooperated in the test to assign the corporation as the new employees. At that time, Yoo Sangah was the one who approached her first. Yoo Sangah grabbed her bicep, asking her if they had ever met and told her that Kim Dokja felt familiar for her. Kim Dokja was sure that it was their first meeting. There was no way Kim Dokja could forget such a beauty like Yoo Sangah, if she ever had a friend like her.

Yoo Sangah clasped her hand "Dokja-Ssi, do you have free time on Sunday? I have an idea for refreshing. What if we go shopping together?".

Kim Dokja apologetically lifted her hand "Ah, I'm sorry, Sangah-Ssi. I already have an appointment that day".

Yoo Sangah touched her lips "Eh? With who? Does Dokja-Ssi have a lover?".

"No, of course not. I'll go visit the mortuary with my little sister. It's the 5th anniversary, my mother...".

Looking at her sad and lonely gaze, Yoo Sangah gasped and bowed her head "Oh, I'm so sorry, Dokja-Ssi".

"No need to apologize, Yoo Sangah-Ssi. It's fine. Anyway, if you don't mind...", Kim Dokja hummed and tapped her chin lightly "perhaps, we can go shopping on Saturday. My little sister will have arrived on Friday and I can introduce her to you".

Yoo Sangah nodded her head "It's a good idea! Oh, what if we have a pyjama party, too?".

Kim Dokja smiled "I guess she'd love it".

Unfortunately, their plan would never happen. It was started with the appearance of a Goblin (also known as Dokkaebi) in carriage 3807. Kim Dokja grabbed her throbbing head. Why did it feel so familiar?

"Deep down in your heart... You already know the answer, right?".

Yes, she knew it. However, it was still too hard for her to believe. This was so familiar because...

"...The web novel I read became the reality".

Three Ways to Survive In a Ruined World, or also known as Ways of Survival. The story started in the subway, where the Protagonist, the Regressor Yoo Joonghyuk started his 4th round of regression.