Chapter 21: Trap

Because of the toxic blood inside the Lesser Dragon Igneel, some part of Kim Dokja's hair gravely broke, to the point of being unable to be fixed.

"Let me trim your hair", Han Sooyoung offered helpfully, lifting the brush and scissors on her hands. Turning her head to the side, Han Sooyoung asked "Yoo Sangah, can you please support her from the front as long as I trim her hair?".

Yoo Sangah pointed herself and blinked her eyes dumbfoundedly before she eagerly nodded "Okay! Leave it to me!".

When Yoo Sangah was holding her (like hugging her) from the front, Kim Dokja smiled sheepishly "Sorry for burdening you with a simple task like this, Sangah-Ssi".

Yoo Sangah shook her head, patting Kim Dokja's back and wrapping her hands around Kim Dokja's waist "Of course not, Dokja-Ssi! I'm glad to help you. After all, nothing I could do when you were fighting the Dragon...".

Looking at Yoo Sangah's sulky face, Han Sooyoung rolled her eyes "What are you talking about? Haven't you done a good job of protecting the Chungmuro Station like what Unnie expected of you, have you?".

Yoo Sangah chuckled "You behave well lately to the point it feels creepy".

Han Sooyoung snapped "Huh? I never said that I am a good person either, so it's not your business!".

Yoo Sangah giggled "Yes, yes. Anyway, is it okay if we cut your hair this short, Dokja-Ssi?".

"It can't be helped. We need to trim it because it broke to this rate. Though...", Kim Dokja caressed the fringe of her hair "Don't you think it makes me look like a man, with this short hair?".

[ The constellation 'Director of the Last False Act' reassures you that you still can grow it long again ]

Han Sooyoung said nothing as she saw how Kim Dokja's hair right now exactly as short as her original version's hair looked. It brought the nostalgic feeling back and Han Sooyoung realized how she missed Kim Dokja so much. Putting the scissor and the brush to the side, Han Sooyoung wrapped her hands around Kim Dokja's waist, burying her face on her tiny shoulder. As a female, even if Kim Dokja had a similar stature with her original version as a man, Kim Dokja was Kim Dokja.

Kim Dokja blinked her eyes in confusion "...Sooyoung-ah? Are you sleepy or what?".

Han Sooyoung did not answer her. It was not the first time she behaved like this, so Kim Dokja could more or less predict what had made her sister upset like this. Being a perceptive and sensible woman she was, Yoo Sangah chose this moment to leave, pretending to check if the lunch had been prepared by Yoo Joonghyuk or not yet.

Now, it felt awkward.

"Han Sooyoung, what's wrong?".

Again, Han Sooyoung didn't answer her and helped her lying back on the makeshift bed. Intertwining her fingers in between Kim Dokja's knuckles, Han Sooyoung narrowed her eyes and scrutinized her sister's wounds "Unnie, I...".

"Forgive me, Han Sooyoung", Kim Dokja averted her gazes, avoiding Han Sooyoung's eyes. Squeezing the younger's hand, Kim Dokja continued remorsefully "I did feel upset because you claimed them as the Characters only because I refuse to accept it... I don't want to believe that the happy times we've been spending with him and mother as fake... Because it's just the same with deeming that our happy memory when mother Han Youra was still alive as a lie".

"Then... why did you apologize? What for?".

"I apologize for leaving your side, till it makes you feel lonely and alone when I should have known better how does it feel. I know I've failed you as your sister. I understand if you're disappointed with me. I should be more thoughtful of your condition as well, but... will you still forgive me and accept me as your sister?".