An Adventure of a Lifetime

By SASPred

Follow Ash and his Pokémon as he and Serena begin a new adventure together after his victory in the Alola Lea... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 24

2K 51 24
By SASPred

Alain tossed his first pokéball. "Go Tyranitar!"

Ash tossed his first pokéball as well. "Let's go Lycanroc!"

The two Pokémon appeared onto the field and roared, each trying to intimidate the other but neither standing down.

Ash called out the first attack of the battle. "Lycanroc! Use Stone Edge!"

Lycanroc's paws glowed as he howled beside he slammed them down onto the battlefield causing giant glowing stone obelisks to be thrust out of the ground as the attack sped towards Tyranitar. The attack was so fast that it hit before Alain could call out a counter.

Tyranitar was thrown high into the air on impact with Lycanroc already on the move for his second attack after Ash called out for him to use Acceleroc.

Once again, before Alain could do anything Tyranitar was hit with a strong attack, throwing him backwards into the wall from the power.

The whole stadium was silent. Lycanroc's attacks were so strong that they were dealing massive amounts of damage, far more than anyone expected.

Tyranitar slowly and shakily stood up, grunting as he did. Alain looked very worried.

"Tyranitar! Are you able to go on?" He called out.

Tyranitar walked forward slowly but will purpose. He stopped in front of Alain and looked back, nodding.

"Alright Tyranitar, let's see if we can get you in this. Use Giga Impact!" Alain called out to his partner.

Ash smiled, quickly swapping out for Rockium Z, and called out to Lycanroc. "Alright buddy! Let's wrap this round up! Hit him with another Stone Edge before he can get that Giga Impact off!"

As Tyranitar charged forward, Lycanroc quickly loosed Stone Edge, the glowing pillars of stone quickly raced forward and slammed into Tyranitar full force. The force of the impact caused an explosion that kicked up dust and derbies causing everyone to lose sight of Alain's Pokémon.

Lycanroc stood in front of Ash, the look of determination on its face mirrored his trainers.

As the dust settled, it was evident that Tyranitar was out for the count, swirls visible in its eyes.

"Tyranitar is unable to battle! The battle goes to Lycanroc!" The referee called out causing the stadium to erupt.

Alain called Tyranitar back with a smile. "Thank you my friend, you have it the best you could. I guess Ash is just that much stronger."

Alain looked over to Ash, seeing the signature smile on his face. Alain shook his head in amazement. "Hey Ash! Looks like you and your team is stronger than last time we battled!" He called over to his opponent.

Ash smiled wider and laughed. "Oh you have no idea Alain! Don't forget, your battling a champion after all! Don't think I'm going to go easy on you just because we are friends!"

Alain laughed at what Ash had said. He knew better than to think Ash would go easy on him at all, he just wasn't ready to face the power that Ash's team was already displaying. He knew about Lycanroc, and about the Z Moves but he didn't know what to expect from the Alola Pokémon or moves. Now he knew he was in for a tougher battle than he had ever been in before.

"Alain, please send out your next Pokémon!" The referee called out.

Alain pulled his second pokéball from his belt and tossed it into the air. "Alright Weavile! Let's go!"

The Sharp Claw Pokémon appeared out of its pokéball and took a battle stance, looking at Lycanroc with both curiosity and determination while Lycanroc looked at his new opponent like a toy.

"Weavile! Use a barrage of Dark Pulse to get in close then use Night Slash!" Alain called out before Ash could call attacks of his own.

Weavile unleashed a steady torrent of dark purple pulsing orbs, their accuracy was right on point as several slammed into Lycanroc before he could do anything.

"Lycanroc! Dodge and use Stone Edge!" Ash called out, hoping he wasn't to late.

Lycanroc's attack sped towards Weavile who dodge before firing more orbs of energy. They once more slammed into Lycanroc, the explosions throwing him back into the wall behind his trainer.

Ash looked at Lycanroc with concern as he noticed the scratches and wounds. "Lycanroc! Are you ok buddy?!"

Lycanroc looked to Ash with his usual determination and nodded. "Roc Lycanroc Roc!"

Ash smiled at his partner before turning back to Alain who was showing no emotion. "Alright Lycanroc, let's turn this up a notch!"

Ash crossed his arms in front of him and started posing with Lycanroc following suit. "Lycanroc! Use Continental Crush!"

Lycanroc howled, the slammed him front paws into the ground and grabbed a chunk of the battlefield. He then jumped high into the air, more chunks of the battlefield following and joining with the piece he had already. In a matter of seconds ,what looked like an asteroid was formed above Lycanroc who then proceeded to hurl the monster sized chunk of earth at Weavile.

"Weavile! Get out of there!" Alain called out, panic evident in his voice.

Weavile was frozen in place as it looked up at the attack, it knew it couldn't get out of there fast enough.

The attack slammed into Weavile and threw a massive cloud of dust into the air with winds whipping around the stadium that caused spectators to have to hold onto their hats and smaller children and Pokémon.

In the stands, Serena and the others were awestruck by the power that was displayed by the attack. "That's the move Ash used that caught my attention when he got to Vaniville! It's what made me look up and decide to go and investigate after thinking it was him who was battling!" Serena stated.

"It's definitely gotten stronger." Guzma said. "His Lycanroc is the strongest any of us have battled against. If Ash is using Z moves already, this battle is already over for Alain."

Everyone looked at Guzma with confusion other than the Alola Elite Four members. Diantha looked concerned instead of confused.

"What do you mean by that Guzma? Alain still has 4 of his team left. It's still anyone's match." She said.

Guzma looked at Gladion, Kiawe and Acerola. They nodded in agreement with his statement.

"Ash isn't who he was last time he battled Alain. His Pokémon have gained so much power that they can one shot Ultra Beasts. We have seen Pikachu's main Z Move decimate more than one opponent at a time." Guzma said, turning back to Diantha. "I mean no disrespect but Alain has no hope of beating Ash. The training he has done is like nothing any of us has seen. All of his current team has battled against Legendary opponents and won. That's one of his training techniques."

This made everyone present from outside Alola has in shock. They knew he had some Pokémon who could battle against legendarys but didn't think for one moment that he trained against them.

"How is that possible!?" Professor Sycamore asked. "How does he make them battle with him so often?"

Acerola smiled at the question. "He doesn't make them, they want to. He trains with the Alolan Guardian Pokémon. Tapu Koko was who he beat using Pikachu after winning the Alola League. Tapu Koko is one of 4 Island Guardians."

"Ever since he came to Alola, the Guardian's have shown allot of interest in him and have helped him get stronger from the start." Kukui stated. "There has never been a trainer like him before and I don't think there ever will be another."

This statement surprised everyone, even the Alola residents. They all knew Ash was different, but they didn't think he was that different.

Serena looked back at the field to see Ash petting Lycanroc as he waited for Alain to choose his 3rd Pokémon. "Oh Ash, I know you can do this. I believe in you and us!" She said just loud enough that Lillie and Gladion heard her. They both smiled as they saw the look of hope on Serena's face as her dreams were coming true with the man she loved the most.

Back on the field, Ash and Lycanroc waited for Alain to call out his 3rd Pokémon so they could continue the battle they knew they could win.

"Alain, please call out your next Pokémon!" The referee called out.

Alain stood and looked worried. He knew he had to select another Pokémon, but he didn't know if his next selection would be worth the risk.

Pulling a pokéball from his belt, Alain gulped before throwing it into the air. "Metagross! Let's go!"

Metagross  appeared from the pokéball  in a flash of red light. "Meta!"

Ash grinned as he called Lycanroc back. "Return my friend, have a good rest as I might need you later." He then turned to Pikachu. "You ready buddy?"

Pikachu jumped down onto the ground, electricity sparking from his cheeks. "Pika Pika!!"

"Alright! Let's go Pikachu!" Ash called out as his trusty partner took to the battlefield.

Alain called out the first move, hoping to catch Ash off guard. "Metagross use Bullet Punch!"

As Metagross launched the attack, Ash looked on with no concern, as if the attack wasn't actually coming.

"Let him get closer Pikachu before using Iron Tail to stop him, then use Electro Web!" Ash called out, watching Metagross approach at a quick rate.

Metagross was only a few feet away when Ash called out. "Pikachu! Now!"

Pikachu jumped up as his tail glowed silver, slamming it down on top of Metagross, propelling himself even higher into the air while stopping Metagross in its tracks by the sheer force of the attack. As Pikachu hit the limits of his climb into the air, he spun as his tail once more started glowing and launched a web of electricity at the now stationary target.

"Pika pika pika...chu PI!" He said as the web flew down onto Metagross, preventing him from moving.

"Metagross!" Alain called out, concern flooding into his voice. "Try using Shadow Ball to get out of there!"

Metagross charged up a purple/black ball of energy and launched it at the net entangling him but to no avail, the net held firm.

Ash decided to end the battle. "Pikachu, use Thunderbolt full power!"

"Pika...Chu!!!!!!!!" The electric mouse Pokémon called out as he unleashed his next attack.

Pikachu's Thunder Bolt was massive. The amount of electricity that was unleashed was so vast that it could have powered Lumios for a decent period of time.

The resulting explosion from the attack threw up such a dust cloud that everyone had to hold their breath to see if Metagross was able to survive the attack, but no one was expecting it.

The smoke and dust cleared to reveal Metagross with swirls in its eyes, passed out. "Metagross is unable to battle! Pikachu is the winner!" The referee called out.

Alain looked up at the box where Diantha and the others were. She could see the concern in his eyes as it was dawning on him that he was not going to be able to come back from this deficit and her heart ached because she couldn't help him.

"Oh Alain, please stay strong." Diantha whispered, tears forming at the corners of her eyes.

Kukui, Burnette, and Delia were so proud of how Ash was doing but were also feeling for Alain, everyone was.

Hala looked on in silence along with the other Elite from Alola. He was sure they were witnessing the power of their Champion like never seen before.

"I haven't seen this kind of determination from him before." Serena said, mostly to herself but Acerola heard it as well.

"I have to agree with you there Serena." She said. "Even on the Island Trials and Alola League Finals Ash was laughing more. Now he just seems to be dialled in and focused only on winning."

As the group had been talking, the action on the battlefield hadn't stopped with Alain calling out Unfezant who fell to Pikachu in moments after several very powerful hit combos. Alain was now down to his last two Pokémon.

"Ok, let's see if we can get on a roll. Let's go  Regigigas!" Alain called out.

The massive Legendary Pokémon emerged from its pokéball and before Ash could think launched into a Giga Impact that hit Pikachu hard, before following it up with Heavy Slam and a second Giga Impact.

The stadium was silent as they digested what had just happened. There hadn't been a call from Alain about what attacks to use but somehow it knew what it's trainer wanted.

The smoke and dust cleared to reveal Pikachu barely able to stand. "Pikachu!!" Ash called out. "Do you think you have one thing left?"

Pikachu looked at Ash and nodded, determination evident on his face. He slowly made his way back to Ash, turning to face Regigigas and taking a battle ready position.

"Ok buddy, let's see what this guys made of!" Ash said. "Give it everything you've got and use Thunder Bolt!"

Pikachu gathered all his remaining strength and unleashed his attack, scoring a direct hit on the Legendary Pokémon.

The smoke cleared revealing Regigigas looking like it had never even been hit. Ash gasped along with the rest of the stadium. Pikachu was exhausted and could barely stand.

Alain saw the state that Pikachu was in and decided to use just enough power to knock him out of the battle.

"Regigigas, use Zen Headbut."

Regigigas sped towards Pikachu and hit him with enough force to throw him into the wall behind Ash, giving Alain the first knockout of the match for himself.

Ash walked trotted over to Pikachu and picked him up, cradling him and thanking him for giving it his all.

"Thanks buddy, you did great. Now it's time for you to rest while we do the heavy lifting." Ash said, hugging his partner.

"Pikachu is unable to battle, Regigigas is the winner. Ash, please send out your next Pokémon!" The referee called out.

Ash looked up at the crowd, locking eyes with Serena. He knew what he wanted to do, who to use. Plucking a pokéball from his belt, he tossed it into the air.

"Fight by my side once more my friend! Let's go Charizard!"

The massive fire type appeared and bellowed so loudly that it shook the stadium and caused flying Pokémon several blocks away to fly in fear.

Charizard was massive. He stood taller than any other, nearly 3ft taller than most. Along with his height, Ash's Charizard was darker in colour.

Ash looked at Charizard and they both nodded. They knew what they were going to do. Ash pulled a Key Stone out from under his shirt, while Charizard revealed a Mega Stone that was set onto a ring on one of his massive claws. "Charizard! Respond do our bond and Mega Evolve!"

A blinding light was emitted from Charizard as it began growing bigger, becoming more powerful. As the light faded, Charizard was revealed in all his terrifying glory. Charizard didn't look like Alain's had though. This was Mega Charizard Z, the strongest and rarest of mega evolved forms. Only three Charizardite Z stones were known to have been found, and one was right here on the field.

"Charizard, pick up Regigigas and slam it into the ground!" Ash called out before Alain had gotten over the shock of what he was seeing in front of him.

Before anyone could think, Charizard streaked towards Regigigas and picked up the legendary Pokémon. He then sped upwards, his speed and strength being multiplied many times over.

Once Charizard reached his max height, he spun and dove for the ground, his wings pinned to his side as he dropped with such speed that he began to glow red from the heat being produced.

At just the right moment, he released his prey and pulled out of the dive, a massive explosion resulting in his opponent slamming into the ground at such high speed. Charizard landed in front of Ash and readied himself just in case.

"If he is still standing, use Dragon Claw over again until he goes down Charizard!" Ash called out. He was determined to win this and was willing to do anything to win. Charizard nodded in understanding and flapped his wings, clearing the smoke and dust to reveal an unmoving Regigigas.

The crowd erupted as Alain called back his fallen Pokémon and then released his Charizard, his sixth and last Pokémon.

Serena was standing now with the rest of those in the box reserved for Ash's companions and Elite members. Delia and Grace were one either side of her with Burnette behind, all hugging each other in anticipation of the final battle.

"Hey Ash, I have never been so soundly defeated in a battle before. You and your team have most definitely become stronger over the last little while." Alain called out, a grin on his face. "The fact that I get to have a battle against a Mega Charizard Z is better than anything I could have imagined."

Ash smiled as he heard this. "Glad your having fun Alain. Unfortunately, the fun has to come to an end."

He pulled a red Z Crystal out of his pocket and inserted it into his Z Ring. "Charizard! Let's go full power! Inferno Overdrive!"

Charizard released the Z move with so much force and power that it obliterated the Draco Meteor that Alain's Charizard had called down before slamming into him, throwing him back into the wall.

As the dust settled once again, Alain's Charizard was seen to have reverted back to his regular form and had fainted.

"Alain'a Charizard is unable to battle, making Ash's Charizard the winner. Alolan Champion Ash is the winner of the Kalos League Finals with a 6-1 victory!" The referee called out.

Ash ran to his Charizard and hugged him as the stadium erupted. The fans in the stands hadn't been disappointed, they got to witness the power that was Ash and his team, as well as the power of Z moves.

As Ash was standing in the middle of the battlefield, Serena ran down the steps and jumped over the wall, tackling Ash into a hug that conveyed all her emotions at once.

"You did it Ash!! You did it!" She said kissing him. "You were amazing!"

Ash kissed Serena back and laughed. He had the woman of his dreams in his arms, and had just won his second League.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 398 12
CONTINUED ON @CrazyPokemonWriters Ash Ketchum just recently beat Diantha, becoming the new Kalos champion, a day after Serena Yvonne beat Aria, beco...
11.9K 474 40
Ash and Serena go on a journey in Kalos region alone to compete in kalos league. Read the story to find out more. This is my first fanfic. So, feel...
7.9K 252 25
When Ash and Goh arrive at Kalos. Goh is very excited to see Chloe again and Ash misses Serena. Will Ash and Serena find the power to control the inn...
1.6K 12 18
after Eclipse had become champion of Alola she wanted to go to another region and challenge the league there while also battling gyms, she'll meet ne...