The need.

By darkest-lover-lies

"Calm down Lola." He said. I looked at him. "Calm down? You want me to calm down after finding out I'm suppo... More

~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chapter 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 36~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 38~
~Chapter 39~
~Chapter 40~
~Chapter 41~
~Chapter 42~
~Chapter 43~
~Chapter 44~
~Chapter 45~
~Chapter 46~
~Chapter 47~
~Chapter 48~
~Chapter 49~
~Chapter 50~
~Chapter 51~
~Chapter 52~
~Chapter 53~
~Chapter 54~
~Chapter 55~
~Chapter 56~
~Chapter 57~
~Chapter 58~
~Chapter 59~
~Chapter 60~
~Chapter 61~
~Chapter 62~
~Chapter 63~
~Chapter 64~
~Chapter 65~
~Chapter 66~
~Chapter 67~
~Chapter 68~
~Chapter 69~
~Chapter 70~
~Chapter 71~
~Chapter 72~
~Chapter 73~
~Chapter 74~
~Chapter 75~
~Chapter 76~
~Chapter 77~
~Chapter 78~
~Chapter 79~
~Chapter 80~
~Chapter 81~
~Chapter 82~
~Chapter 83~
~Chapter 84~
~Chapter 85~
~Chapter 86~
~Chapter 87~
~Chapter 88~
~Chapter 90~
~Chapter 91~
~Chapter 92~
~Chapter 93~
~Chapter 94~
~Chapter 95~
~Chapter 96~
~Chapter 97~
~Chapter 98~
~Chapter 99~
~Chapter 100~
~Chapter 101~
~Chapter 102~
~Chapter 103~
~Chapter 104~

~Chapter 89~

311 8 0
By darkest-lover-lies

"Thank you for coming over. Dad has been on my case since I told him I'm pregnant. He usually calms down when you are around." Freya says as she walks upstairs. I follow behind her slowly. 

"Yeah, of course," She stops at her bedroom door and turns to me. 

"What is wrong?" I shake my head. 

"I just don't feel good," She scans me to see if I was lying. I look away from her. 

"Is it Shane?" I look back at her. 

"Yeah, I guess," She gives me a sad look.

"I thought things with you and Lee were going good?" I let out a dry laugh and look down at my hands. 

"So did I." 

"I'm sorry, love," She said. I look up at her with a small smile. 

"It's not your fault," She turns to the door and opens it. I look around her room to see boxes piled up in the corner as her shelves were bare. I take a deep breath. "So you're really doing it?" She turns to me with a confused look. "You're leaving?" She gives me a small smile. 

"Yes," I feel my eyes start to water and I wrap my arms around her. 

"I'm going to miss you," She hugs me back. 

"I'm going to miss you too," A few tears fell and I closed my eyes. "You are welcomed to visit whenever," I let out a shaky laugh as I pull away from the hug. 

"Oh, I'm going to," She wipes her eyes as she laughs. She puts her hands on her stomach as she looks at it. I watch her with awe. "Has Derek told you, his decision?" She shakes her head. 

"I keep thinking that every time we talk he will but whenever he opens his mouth he completely freezes him up and says something different. I don't know what to do. I gave him a month to decide but I can't keep putting my life on hold for him." I nod and sit down on her bed with her. 

"I know you love him and I know you are carrying his child but there is only so much you can do to get him to understand. If New York is what you want then you have to go even if it means by yourself. It's the only way you are actually going to go." She gulps and nods. 

"I know," I look down at my phone to see the time. I look up at her. 

"I have something I have to do. Do you mind if I finish helping you pack tomorrow?" She smiles. 

"Of course," I give her one last hug before getting outside to my car. When I get back to the house I get into the shower. When I get downstairs I get a message from Lee saying he was outside. I open the door for him. He looked like he had just gotten out of the shower himself. His hair was partly wet. He smelt like a fresh mint. I open the door more for him. He walks in and heads to the living room. I follow him and lean against the wall. He sighs. 

"I'm sorry," He whispers. I look at him with a blank look. 

"I love Shane," He nods. 

"I know," I look away from him. 

"You know? You played me. You knew I was with him and yet you allowed me to get close to you?" I look back at him. His eyes held sorrow and nervousness. 

"I needed you to trust me." I shake my head and take a step towards him. 

"You know that isn't what I meant." He swallows harshly as he switches back and forth with his eyes to mine. 

"I know," I gulp. 

"I never would have kissed you if I knew who you were. I wouldn't do that to Shane." He looks down. 

"I didn't grow up with Shane as my brother so it didn't bother me to take his girl but the more I got to know you the more I knew it was a mistake but I didn't want to walk away. I didn't mean to hurt you." I look away from him as my mouth goes dry. 

"You said you could explain?" He clears his throat. 

"I can but I need to speak to Shane as well." I look back at him. 

"You want me to tell Shane that his brother is the reason we broke up?" He nods. 

"He needs to know the whole story to understand." I threw my hands in the air. 

"I don't even know the whole story." He went to grab my hand but I took a step back. 

"It will all make sense soon." I nod. 

"We will talk to him tomorrow then," He nods. 

"I will see you tomorrow," He walked past me so fast. I take a deep breath as tears slid down my face. The next morning I showed up at the warehouse around 9 o'clock in the morning. I knew I would never do it if I didn't do it now. I get out of the car and walk into the warehouse. Derek stops walking when he sees me. He looked surprised. 

"Hey, princess," I give him a small smile. 

"Hey, Derek, is Shane here?" He glances back for a second and looks back at me. 

"Yes, but you might want to come back a little later," I shake my head as I continue to walk. 

"If I don't do this now then I will never do it. Besides I'm not here for that reason. I could care less about his new girlfriend." He gives me a confused look. 

"You know about Skye?" I scuff. 

"Just because he and I weren't together doesn't mean I didn't keep track." He nods. 

"He's in his room." I nod and walk down the hall. I start to hear voices so I slow down. 

"Are you sure you have to get back to work? We can stay in bed for the whole day," I hear a girl say. I hear Shane's husky chuckle and it sent a shiver down my spine. 

"I wouldn't mind that," I hear him say. I glance into the room due to the opened door. Shane was in a towel walking out of the bathroom as Skye was in his t-shirt. I mentally kicked myself for the deja vu. He walks to his closet as Skye walks up to him. She puts her hand on his chest and he went stiff for a minute. I watched him for a second. 

"Are you sure I can't change my mind?" She asked with a smirk. He looks at her. 

"I'm sure you could try but Derek said it was important," He said. She fake frowns. 

"I'm sure it's not as important as me," She said. He opened his mouth to reply when I clear my throat. He turns to me. 

"I promise not to take long," I mumble. He looks at me surprised. I look at him trying to ignore my heartbreak. 

"Didn't anyone teach you to knock?" Skye said as she crossed her arms. I look at her with a small smile. 

"I'm sorry the door was open," She looks me up and down. 

"She doesn't have to knock. It is her room too," Shane said. I look at him. 

"I moved out if you don't remember?" He swallows harshly. Skye hums. 

"You must be Lola?" I look at her surprised. She smirks. "The guys around here talk. I guess you really left a mark." I look down for a moment. 

"Yeah, well we went through a lot," She hums again. 

"I will let you two talk." She turns to Shane. "You have my number if you need it," He nods and she walks past me and stops. "You are very beautiful. I understand why they talk." I give her another small smile. 

"Thank you," She nods and walks away. I brace myself before looking back at Shane. He turns to his closet. 

"You may come in and talk fast." I take a step forward. 

"I should let you get dressed first," He scuffs. 

"It isn't anything you haven't seen before. What's the problem now?" I let out a dry laugh. 

"You know what the problem is," He looks at me. 

"What are you doing here?" I turn around and sigh. 

"We need to talk," He scuffs. 

"I figured that or else you wouldn't be here." I close my eyes. 

"You can't really blame me for not coming back here," 

"Can't I?" I turn to him in disbelief. He was just starting to put his jeans on. 

"You have a girlfriend," He rolls his eyes as he button up his pants. 

"Skye is not a girlfriend," I look to the side and take a deep breath. "That feeling you have?" I look at him. His eyes were on me with a blank look. He looked like the old Shane. The one who kidnapped me. "That is the same feeling I got when I saw you with Lee. The fact that you rather spend your days with a complete stanger hurt me more then I can even explain." Guilt washes over me and a tear slides down my face. 

"If that's how bad it hurt to see us together than I would hate to see how you react when you find out the truth." He gives me a confused look. 

"What truth?" I turn around and walk to the door. I glance over my shoulder. 

"As I said before we need to talk." He looks at me nervous. I walk out of the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 10.9K 81
Book #2 in The Fire series SELENE BLAZE "You've got the wrong girl." I say as I continue to take a step backward. He stepped forward not letting me g...
71.9K 1.2K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...
8.4K 148 24
The blood had already leaked down my forehead, but I kept my eyes on Shane and tried to blink quickly to clear my vision. "Hang on, please. Please h...
9.7M 463K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...