My second chance ( Onepiece x...

By preciousonly1

No one knows my story. And why or what I'm doing IT for. But THEY gave me a second chance, even though I'm a... More

Meeting Ace
An irratating red head
An old man
Pineapple, a cook, and a man?
Operation: Save Olivia
Gem island
Home sweet home
A Farewell, unexpected hello
Again?!
Operation: Save Sora
Author Note
Operation: Save Corazan
Unexpected
I'm too late
The big operation
Author Note
Explanation
A death wish
Operation: save thatch
Rookies/An old Friend
The truth about my love
Preperations
We're Here!
A little talk
The War pt.1
The War pt.2
Whats going on???
Determined

Your Enough

1.2K 40 7
By preciousonly1

It's been 5 years now. I've been staying at gem island for a long period of time. I kept in touch with the outside world though.

Ace made his debut two years ago and now is with the whitebeard pirate. I'm currently in a bar next to the one and only Thatch.

Since Thatch will die in this year I didn't want to take any chances so I've been following him.

" Hey, I noticed that you haven't drank anything or ate."

" I'm not hungry or thirsty."

" A feisty one, I like that."

" You do?" I said sarcastically. When he lift his bottle and smirked.

" ~ I do." I roll my eyes as he leaned in.
" You wanna come back with me? It's my little brother's birthday today."

" It is? Which one? How old will he be turning?" I asked curiously.

" His name is Ace and I believe he is turning 19." My eyes widen.

" ACE! 19!"

Ace pov

I woke up from my long nap. I got up and seen no one, but I didn't mind since my stomach was hungry.

I went into the kitchen to see Marco already eating.

" Yo."

" Always waking up late."

" And what of it! I was drunk last night. I don't even know what happened." I see from the corner of my eye, Marco, rolling his eyes.

I stuffed my face and started to yell at him.

" Wghat adfre yuo looging a-"

Marco pov

And there he goes asleep. Again.

" Honestly, if your going to yell at me make sure there is no food in your mouth at least.

Hey guys! You got about 3 minutes to take everything out to the deck before he wakes up again! And by the way, where is Thatch!"

" Geez, stop yelling I can hear you. I went to the bar for a drink and found this lady alone so I invited her to Ace's birthday."

" I don't care. You just need to entertain Ace while we set up."

Precious POV

" I can help with that." I said making them both turn their heads my way.

" I can entertain him while you two go help set up. I'm pretty sure they are going to need your help."

" Are you sure?" Thatch

" Yeah, you don't got to do this. This guy can do it." Marco

" No it's fine." I walk over to Ace and sat down next to him. Thatch and Marco left to help as I awaited for hime to awake.

" huh what?...Who are you? And why do you where that hoodie?"

" Hi Ace. My name is Diana, a friend of Thatch. I wear this hoodie because I don't like taking it off."

" Where are my brothers?"

" They told me to keep you company while they ran some errands."

I smiled as he smiles at me. My eyes soften from my firm gaze. It returned when he started to talk.

" Did you know today is my birthday!" He exclaimed very loud as he threw his hands in the air.

I then noticed the golden bracelet on his hand.

I immediately grabbed his wrist without thinking and examined it. I remembered what I did to it.

Flashback

" Hey Aurelia, do you think you can do it?"

" Yeah I can do it but it might take a while. When do you want it to open?"

" Can you make it open on his 19th birthday late at night."

Flashback ends

"...ana..dia....Diana!"

I then snapped back into reality. I seen the concern written all over Ace's face. I smiled at him softly and let go.

"I'm sorry. Your bracelet brought back memories that's all." I look at the clock and it was nine.

We then heard Marco call for us. We walk out to the deck and looked around in the dark.

" SURPRISE!!!" Ace's face lit up so bright. It remind me of when I sang to him when he was little.

They all partied as I watched from afar. I then heard a familiar voice.

" I hope we're not late for the party!" It was a red hair pirate. And a very irritating one at that.

I guess they made truce just for tonight. I was then called over by Marco.

" Pops, this is Diana. Diana this is pops."
I smiled even though he couldn't see it. I trembled with joy.

" Ah lass there is no need to be frighten. He is very gentle old man." Shanks said trying to reassure me.

" Oh I'm not frightened. I'm just happy... Its been along time since I've seen such a lively bunch."

" Gururururu what a funny lass you are." I sat down by both of them when we heard a yell. I quickly stood up knowing that voice too well.

I look around to see the golden bracelet on Ace's wrist glowing.

" I-I don't know what's going on?!" Everybody was yelling at him to take it off but he refuse and no one knew why.

All of a sudden the area around him changed to a forest with beautiful trees and in the midst of trees, was a girl.

Know one knew who she was besides Ace and I. Everybody seen his whole body tremble.

A girl with light purple hair walked closer so everyone can see her clearly. It was me.

" Wow, Ace you grew so much."

Ace POV

My eyes then widen. It's been forever since I heard her voice.

" I've been looking forward to seeing you. You must be 19 now, time does fly by, doesn't it? I see that you've grown taller. How tall are you?"

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Their was huge lump in my throat. How?

" You know Ace it's very rude to not answer when someone is talking to you."

" I-I-I'm 6'9." My voice was shaky. I looked around to see everyone confused.

" Wow! Really?" If she can understand me then I can ask.
" Why?"

" What?"

" Why? Precious! Why?"

" Ahhhhh. I knew you would be upset."

" Upset. Upset! I'm not. I'm furious. Now, I want you to answers me. Why did you go? You knew you were going to die and you still went! wHy?"

My voice cracked as I tried to hold down the tears I've held in for so long.

" You still don't understand. I did all of this so I can make sure you could grow up free and happy.

All of my sacrifices are for my family. No one said it would be pretty."

My blood now boiled.

" I already know all of that! I meant why did you go and die on me! I NeEdEd yUO, and you weren't there!"

" Ace" my body trembled hearing the tone of her voice. It was cold and bitter.

" You think I chose this path because I wanted to. I had to, there was no other choice. I couldn't have the risk of losing you."

My eyes began to water up again.

" I remember when you were a kid and I told you I loved the color red. The next day you gave me a beautiful red flower."

Precious then slowly disappeared and I guess a memory of me and Precious popped up.

I smiled softly. Then another picture popped up and it made my tears fall freely.

" I don't know if you knew but I met Luffy and Sabo before. I imagined you guys grew up and you guys looked so handsome."

" I still remember the day I first met you. You cried so much it hurt my ears. Your mom came to your rescue she cried as she said her last good bye to you."

At this point I couldn't hold any tears back. I couldn't see anymore, my tears made it blurry.

Right then and there I felt warmth. I couldn't tell who it was until they spoke.

" It's alright, Ace. I know you've been struggling. I know you've been battling everything by yourself but you don't have to. I just want you to know,"

She leaned into my ear and whispered,
" You're enough, I promise you, you're enough for me."

I leaned on her as I cried my eyes out.
" WAhhhhh!"

I could hear her angelic voice as she sang the song I loved the most.

"~ hush now my baby, be still now don't cry.
Sleep like your rocked by the stream.
Sleep and remember my last lullaby,
I'll be with you when you dream."

"~Drift on a river that flows through my arms, Drift as I'm singing to you
I see you smiling so peaceful and calm
and holding you I'm smiling too
Here in my arms, safe from all harm
Holding you I'm smiling too."

" I guess my times up." I felt her grip on me loosen and her warmth fade away. I look up to see her floating in the sky.

I seen one tear slip down her face.

" Goodbye, little brother."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 402 52
Y/n has always been an amazing daughter,always been loved and taken care of, till tragedy hits, destiny puts her to live with another boy as unfortun...
32.4K 966 29
📌[ STORY ON HOLD ] Upon getting possibly one of the rarest Devil fruit to exist, how will this girl use her newfound abilities in this Great Pirate...
87.5K 2.9K 51
We were suppose to hate each other, instead we found love. ~~~~~ Portgas D. Ace x Fem reader READ WARNINGS BEFORE STARTING THIS BOOK! Cover art is m...
34.3K 750 23
Two childhood friends who fell in love meet again 10 years later. Will anything have changed? What will happen when one can see exactly when the othe...