Her Single Rose (Remus Lupin)

By Taylor510658

She's a Slytherin, smart, sly, and cunning. But most of all Aries was a Black. Aries Meredith Black was the t... More

Cast
Cast Part Two
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
A/N
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Nine
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Eighty
Eighty-One
Eighty-Two
Eighty-three
Eight-four
Eighty-five
Eighty-six
Eight-Seven
Eighty-Eight
Authors Note
Eighty-Nine
Ninety
Ninety-One
Authors Note
Cast- Everything I Do

Seventy-Eight

1.9K 63 8
By Taylor510658

"What happened?"

"Who did this to you?"

"When did this happen?"

"Why didn't you come back sooner?"

"Are you ok, now?"

"You're not going back, right-"

"Boys. Give her a moment." Mrs. Potter spoke, cutting off James and Sirius.

Poor girl, getting stabbed, what did her parents do?

Aries was sat in the living room on the couch in between James and Sirius while Mrs. Potter sat on a separate armchair and Mr. Potter paced.

Aries had been absentmindedly tracing her finger over the clothed and healing gash while she thought carefully over her words.

"I had just finished packing and gave Regulus and father a letter, when I had come downstairs. All I wanted was to protect Regulus, though I believe my help wasn't necessary. Mother and I had gotten into a fight like always, but this time it was different, this time it wasn't in a bedroom or living room where I could only bruise in result. This time it was in the dining room, where I quite literally was thrown on a table." Aries relived the memory as she spoke about it.

"I remember not wanting to move, thinking that if I did I would only hurt myself worse and cause more damage than already done. So I didn't. And with my mother leaving the room carelessly I thought I would eventually...bleed to death...but I believe it was my house elf that brought me here was it not?" She asked, looking at James as she questioned him.

How did she know?

"Her name is Ellie. She was my house elf. A great friend and, as we all saw, a very smart elf." Aries explained.

"You said you were packing? Hadn't you just gotten home?" Mrs. Potter asked after getting over the shock of a young girl being throw onto a table.

"I was packing because I no longer had a home. I think Sirius has mentioned quite a few times that 12 Grimmauld Place is no home. And there is no argument there. Regulus was the only child that didn't get physically abused. That was only because I made sure of it after...after Sirius left. Since recently I realized that Sirius had the right idea all along, I made sure that this break I would leave. Though this way of leaving wasn't intentional. I'm just glad I won't be going back." Aries explained. Her words brought a relived expression to her twins face.

"Why didn't you leave any sooner? You couldn't sense the physical harm from your parents before?" Mr. Potter asked only hearing a gasp from his wife.

"Fleamont!" Mrs. Potter glared at him.

Aries only shook her head at that, "it's alright, I understand the confusion, a few close friends have been asking me the same thing for weeks now. I did see the physical danger and harm that my mother had inflicted on me. My father never laid a hand on me, only my mother. The only reasons I stayed were because of my brother and my father.

Regulus isn't the most intelligent, so with the years we spent together I had to teach him how to never question our parents authority and to just obey. It was safe and only something he needed until one day..." Aries paused, unsure how to phrase her words, "the other reason was my father. Though he was never the best at parenting, he still showed his care in other ways. Laughing at jokes, smiling at my designs, approving my work, and even on rare attempts, very very good days, he would give me healing tools and ointments. Gifts he knew I would keep and not fake a smile." Aries kept a straight face as she spoke, though only Sirius could see the emotion behind her eyes.

"I never had the same courage that Sirius had to leave earlier, but all that matter is that I'm here now."

__________

Aries stood in the bathroom down the hall of the bedroom she had been sleeping in. Her fingers slowly tracing over the red stained wrap around her waist. Her shirt had been placed neatly on the counter where her ointment was sitting. She went to unwrap the bandage around her waist.

Sirius stood in the doorway, leaned against it, watching as Aries removed the wrap. He felt a tinge of pain in his side as she unwrapped the still open wound.

He watched as she took a steady breath and placed two finger tips worth of ointment, now spreading the cold sensation along the open wound. A more intense pain came into Sirius's side as he watched his sister grip the sink from the pain, but it quickly past and a feeling of relief passed through the two.

Sirius then noticed the scars on his sisters back, some new, some old, some he recognized as his own, others he didn't recognize at all. Then there were the new bruises. The ones from the recent events that he too had felt, only far less intense.

"Mother always said it was rude to stare. Very uncharming." Aries suddenly spoke as she slowly put her shirt back on.

"Mother's not here, and since when have I ever been charming in her eyes?" Sirius joked lightly.

Aries let out a small chuckled until a silence came.

"I felt it." Sirius spoke quietly. "This time it felt like I was gonna die." He explained.

Aries turned around, her face sealed from expression as she faced him, "I almost did. But if I'm being honest, I don't know how that would affect you, I haven't done any research on shared emotions." She shrugged.

"That's a shock." Sirius said, faking surprise.

"Ha ha." Aries rolled her eyes, a small smile now evident on her face.

"You should-"

"I'm not going to be laying in a bed all day Sirius." Aries shook her head.

"I wasn't-"

"Don't lie. I can read your thoughts." Aries shook her finger at him with a grin.

"How come I never got the legilimency, we're twins." Sirius thought out loud.

"Because you would flaunt the gift." Aries shrugged earning a scoff from Sirius.

"Aries! Sirius! Dinner! What are you two doing up there? Doing some twin telepathy?- ow! Mum!"

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that." Aries shook her head.

"It'll take time." Sirius shrugged, glancing at his sisters waist where she was stabbed.

"I'm fine, Sirius." Aries said, getting his attention, "I'm ok. The ointment works, I promise." Knowing he wasn't satisfied with the answer, she lifted her shirt who he could see her newest scar.

Right where the gash used to be, laid a long scar, reaching from her midsection belly button the her right side. Sirius stepped towards her, raising his hand and tracing his fingers along it. A tinge of anger hit him like a bucket of cold ice.

"It wasn't your fault." Aries said simply.

"But if I was still there it wouldn't have happened." Sirius countered.

"If it didn't happen I wouldn't be here and neither would you." Aries spoke quickly, as if the debate had already been discussed.

Sirius shook his head, "I'm your brother, your twin, I'm supposed to protect you." He sighed.

"You did protect me. By providing the offers of staying here, and giving me loads of reasons to leave Grimmauld Place-"

"From harm, Aries. You shouldn't have half of the scars on you, but you do because I wasn't there to protect you." Sirius huffed.

"They actually remind me of you sometimes." Aries admitted, "the way you would stand up for something, even if it meant a punishment." She spoke as if talking about the most famous wizard of all time.

"You make me sound so amazing."

"That's because you are, I'm proud of you, Sirius. Uncle Alfred would've been too." She grinned as he chuckled.

"Uncle Alfred was something else." Sirius smiled.

__________

The table was set when Aries and Sirius came down, James was coming from the kitchen where he was helping Mrs. Potter with the food. Mr. Potter had just come down as well.

"Doesn't it smell delicious!" Mr. Potter beamed, clapping a hand on Aries and Sirius's shoulder making Aries go stiff in her stance.

Neither of the two knew if Mr. Potter had noticed, but he seemed to relax his hand more gently in her shoulder as she avoided eye contact with him.

Aries didn't realize that when she would stand, she didn't have to keep her back straight or when she heard yelling in the house, it wasn't because Mrs. Potter was angry with James.

She didn't realize that she didn't need to keep up her walls anymore or keep herself quiet and emotionless anymore. That she could feel free to express herself and relax, now that she was living with the Potters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 2K 13
He wanted to split her open, to dig his fingers in and pry open her ribcage, lick her heart and her blood, pick open her bones and suck out the marro...
145K 3.2K 109
*Marauders Era* *Remus Lupin x OC* Lucius Malfoy's sister finally meets the Marauders, see what happens and how friendships and possible relationship...
469K 16.8K 72
'I love you.' A phrase that Caroline Pettigrew has heard from so many different people. She just wished that when she did finally love someone back...
49.4K 1.3K 64
For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent father, and the trepidation of his blush i...