Andante con Brio

By Avdk80

The long awaited moment is there: Eddy is finally turning eighteen. But has he told his mum about his plans t... More

I
II (NSFW)
III (slightly NSFW, first half is safe though. Also, my kid can read it ;-))
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV (NSFW)
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV (NSFW)
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI (somewhat NSFW, my kid can read it though)
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII (NSFW)
IL
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV (NSFW)
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX (NSFW, and how great did that Roman Numeral turn out? ;-))
LX (NSFW)
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII (NSFW)
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXV
LXXVI
LXXVII
LXXVIII (slightly NSFW)
LXXIX
LXXX
LXXXI (NSFW)
LXXXII
LXXXIII
LXXXIV
LXXXV
LXXXVI
LXXXVII
LXXXVIII
LXXXIX
XC (NSFW - see? Author-san's got your back <3)
XCI (NSFW)
XCII
XCIII
XCIV (NSFW)
XCV
XCVII
XCVIII
IC
C
CI (NSFW)
CII
CIII
CIV
CV (2nd half ever so slightly NSFW.)
CVI (NSFW)
CVII
CVIII
CIX
CX
CXI
CXII (NSFW - but last paragraph is 'safe')
CXIII
CXIV
CXV
CXVI
CXVII
CXVIII (NSFW)
CXIX
CXX
CXXI
CXXII
CXXIII
CXXIV
CXXV
CXXVI
CXXVII
CXXVIII (second half is NSFW)
CXXIX
CXXX (NSFW)
CXXXI
CXXXII
CXXXIII
CXXXIV
CXXXV (NSFW)
CXXXVI (NSFW)
CXXXVII
CXXXVIII
CXXXIX
CXL
CXLI
CXLII
CXLIII
CXLIV (somewhat NSFW. Not really)
CXLV (NSFW)
CXLVI
CXLVII
CXLVIII (NSFW)
CIL (NSFW)
CL
CLI
CLII
CLIII
CLIV (second half is NSFW)
CLV
CLVI
CLVII
CLVIII (NSFW)
CLIX
CLX
CLXI
CLXII
CLXIII
CLXIV
CLXV (NSFW)
CLXVI (NSFW)
CLXVII
CLXVIII
CLXIX
CLXX (2nd half NSFW)
CLXXI
CLXXII
CLXXIII: Whoops, COVID. Will be back on Monday! (promise!)
CLXXIV
CLXXV
CLXXVI
CLXXVII
CLXXVIII (just a tiny bit NSFW. Not really.)
CLXXIX
CLXXX (NSFW)
CLXXXI
CLXXXII (NSFW)
CLXXXIII (NSFW)
CLXXXIV
CLXXXV
CLXXXVI
CLXXXVII
CLXXXVIII
CIXC
CXC
CXCI (ever so slightly NSFW. Not really.)
CXCII (2nd half NSFW)
CXCIII (first half NSFW)
CXCIV
CXCV
CXCVI (slightly NSFW. Not really)
CXCVII
CXCVIII
CIC
CC

XCVI

629 39 7
By Avdk80

To be honest, Eddy didn't know quite how to feel as he walked home slowly, the violin case on his back bouncing slightly from left to right with every step. 
Exhilarated, with how last night had gone? Sad, because of how abruptly it had all ended? I mean, they had made the most of the morning and early afternoon, practising a bit more in Brett's room, playing some more video games, but really all he had wanted to do was to finish what they had started, started when they thought they had an hour and a half of alone time left. And it clearly showed in Brett's beautiful koala eyes too. He wanted exactly the same; he wanted the one thing they couldn't have. It sucked to be back in. 
And then there had been the phone call by Todd, telling them they were viewing the house on Monday. 
Another round of that. Another time he had to tell his mum they were going to see a house, another time for her face to fall just ever so slightly behind her so carefully crafted mask. 
As if a mask would work on him. 
He sighed as he walked into his street. His house was already there, up ahead, the bedroom window he stared out of so often just there, with the grey drape half closed against the sun. 
How long would he be staring out of that window still? 

"Hey mum." he said as he dragged himself into the house and kicked off his sneakers. He could see her through the doorway to the living room, turning around from where she had been dusting the window sill with a bright yellow cloth. 
"Hello Eddy." she said pleasantly in Mandarin. "Did you have a good night?"
"Yes, we practised a lot. I played the whole Prokofiev. And we watched a movie as well."
"Good. We're having kung pao chicken tonight. Yesterday's dinner can be tomorrow's lunch."
"Really? Awesome, mum, thanks. You won't believe it, but Brett's mum had made us sweet and sour sauce too."
She nodded almost imperceptibly and turned back around to carry on dusting. 
Oh, how easy it would be now to walk away, to go upstairs and unpack the violin, to quickly write in the chords for Theo's theory lesson and be done with it all. 
But that would be the chicken thing to do, right? 
"Er, mum?"
She turned around again. 
"Tomorrow after orchestra rehearsal we're seeing another house. I... I don't know. It probably won't happen again, but I wanted to say anyway."
Another almost imperceptible nod. 
"Okay."

God, he felt like such a dickhead, walking up the stairs. There was no winning, here, just no winning. Anything he decided to do with the house would wind up disappointing someone. 
And he knew exactly who he was going to disappoint in the end. 
He closed his door behind him, sat down on his bed and buried his face in his arms. 
God, why did everything have to be so fucking complicated? 

After a minute he shrugged and got up. His face in the mirror with the crack looked different, somehow, more grown. More haggard, too. He grimaced at himself.
That would be all the sleep he had gotten. 
He walked over to the window and breathed deeply. 
Look. No use wallowing, right? Last night had quite simply been one of the best nights of his life. He should try to hang onto that, right? He should try and think about that, and not about houses, or broken clocks and parents coming home too soon. 
He nodded at nothing in particular and turned around to get his violin back out of its case.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 186 36
His teacher gave him a tiny smile. "That was actually amazing, Yang." Brett smiled back timidly. "It was, wasn't it?" "Yeah. Congratulations. You're...
261K 8K 126
For a while now, Eddy has been feeling things for his best friend he ought not to. He's keeping it under wraps, though. Brett's his best friend, h...
12.9K 635 20
an alternate universe where brett and eddy are classmates in music college, who do not know each other a single bit, yet they fall in love with each...
3.2K 204 24
Eddy is at the brink of insanity, too much work and responsibility really started to take a toll on him. Brett is able to convince him to take a trip...