My IAS Husband

By Aadya137

Ria is a loving-chirpy girl who is going abroad for a job. Her whole life got hitched when she gets married t... More

Author's Note
Chapter1: Proposal
Chapter 2: Celebration
Chapter 3: Niharika surprises well!
Chapter 4: Ria's bucket list
Chapter 5: Nishita 's Truth
Chapter 6 : Wedding Shopping
Chapter 7 : Baking lessons
Chapter 8: Noida
Chapter 9: Sukhi Dandi
Chapter 10: Not Meant for Me
Chapter 11: Rishi's Lessons
Chapter 12: What if I do?
Chapter 14: Rishi is back
Chapter 15: Tilak
Chapter 16: Plan failed
Chapter 17: First Meet
Chapter 18: Finally it's happening!
Chapter 19: The Wedding Function
Chapter 20: Engagement
Chapter 21: First Date
Chapter 22: The Hidden Past
Chapter 23: Mending hearts
Chapter 24: Mehendi
Chapter 25: Bachelor's Party
Chapter 26 : Saath Feere
Chapter 27: First day
Chapter 28 : Haridwar
Chapter 29: Back to Benaras!
Chapter 30: Rishi is back
Chapter 31: Ria in Noida!
Chapter 32: Get Together

Chapter 13: Last minute preparations

2.4K 117 1
By Aadya137

Ria asked her Mausi, "If you get all your favorite dishes on a single platter and one dish is still missing then what will you do?"

"Honestly, I will be definitely sad, very sad... but later, I'll try and convince myself for being happy for rest dishes with me." She replied honestly.

Ria thought by asking such questions, she will get the solution to her confusion. Hardly she knew the more she discusses such a thing with others, the more confused she will become.

In the early evening, her Mausi called her from the terrace. Ria was enjoying the fresh evening breeze.

She said, "Finally, all your grooming finishes from today..aren't you happy about it ?"

Ria surprisingly looked at her and asked, "Why, what happened so suddenly?"

"Tomorrow, we are heading for Benaras." She beamed with joy.

"Why so early, still we can go after somedays right..?" Ria asked annoyingly.

Although, Benaras is a such place that Ria wants to visit for many times but she is still hesitant as she is reluctant to face Aashsish. She still need time to clear her mind.

"Why don't you want to meet your future in-laws?" Her Mausi teases her. Ria quickly rushes from the place as she doesn't want to listen anymore.

"Didi, Ria is not convinced with this arrangement, why are we forcing her?" She asked her mother who was on the call when she called Ria.

"Anu, because I don't find any flaw in this arrangement. Aashish is rich, handsome, also works in abroad, and most importantly likes Ria. What else do we want?"

She expressed her views and continued, "Don't worry, let them meet again in this marriage, let's see if things can still go well between them."

"If she really wants to go abroad, then she cannot bear to disobey me. She has to do as I say." She said with determination.

"You believe that she will be happy there?" Her Mausi asked her.

"She might take time to adjust but it's just a matter of time, I trust Aashish, he will not let us down..." She reassured her.

"You are right didi, though it is hard to coax her, but I will try and convince Ria again for sure..." Her Mausi replied.

"Now, that's what I wanted to listen from my Anu.. anyway I m coming with Ratnesh bhaiya by next afternoon, then we will together see and decide what we can do, alright? " She informed her.

"That's sounds great. If Rajesh Bhaiya is coming then there are chances that our plan can work. Ria will be very delighted to meet her Mamaji after a long time. The fact that he cleared IIT in his times, had left a deep impression in her mind, and not to forget, he helped her to crack GATE Exam herself." Her Mausi continued.

"For Ria, he is not only her mentor but also a guide and teacher. She follows and trusts him blindly. If he will say anything to her then she will never deny to him." Her mother replied confidently.

The two sisters finally ended their discussion. It was decided that for persuading Ria, it was very important to convince their elder brother to be on their side first. If he agreed, then convincing Ria will be just a piece of cake.

Her Mausi went to her room, Ria was busy reading a magazine on her bed. Her Mausi sat next to her and patted her head. She affectionately asked, "Still angry?"
"Why did you keep me teasing like that?"She asked irritatedly.

"Okay, baba, I 'll not do it again." She gave her sweet strawberry shake and finally coaxed her.

She continued, " Ria, I guess before going to Benaras, we still have to go to the market. We have to go to take the dresses that we gave for alteration and also need to buy some matching jewelry."

"You are right. Don't forget, that we also need to go to the parlor as well." Ria reminded her.

"Noted...now quickly get ready in five minutes. We got to rush." She said enthusiastically.

The duo took no time to get ready and quickly reached the market. The first place to visit on their list was Parlor. They were quite lucky to get parlor less crowded at that time.

Ria decided to have a haircut while her Mausi went for clean-up first. While taking up hair strands of Ria, the lady doing the facial noticed and said,

"Long back when you first came, I noticed, your hair was quite thin and short length but now you have quite long and wavy volume. What's the secret?"

"I did nothing, all credit goes to the one whose facial is going on." Ria joyfully replied.

Her Mausi laughed and said, "It just needed continuous care and good nutrition. She did exactly what I said."

"Undoubtedly, that's why your hair is still so thick and long at this age." The lady praised her.

After the parlor, the next place for them was to go to the boutique for their altered dresses. After carefully checking them, the duo went to get matching jewelry for their dresses. Ria chooses light kadas and long earrings that could go well with outfits.

While coming back home, her Mausi asked Ria, "Why didn't you found anyone in IIT? If you could have one then nobody could decide for you."

Ria answered,"I don't believe in any such sort of relationship before marriage. Usually, I have seen my friends getting dwelled in such things crazily and later they end it because they cannot handle it anymore."

She went on, "How such kind of important relation of your life can get end within a few months of being together, tell me Mausi? If someone has to come into my life then let us keep it for fate to decide... " She continued,

"What I believe is cherishing this only relation with only one and forever."

The duo went home together after shopping for all the required things. Ria later helped in packing up the luggage. When all went to sleep, Ria came to the balcony and sat with a cup of coffee.

The cool breeze in the night made the outside environment quite calm and soothing. Ria was thinking about how to answer Aashsish when she will be meeting him. She decided that the best thing is to admit it as soon as possible and not to keep things delay.

Will her mother and Mausi going to win in their plan?

What's that Ria going to admit? Has she gave up her revolt ?

If you find this chapter amusing then make sure you vote it and comment to show your enthusiasm.

No reasons, just that sometimes procrastination leads to freshness in mind and clarity in thoughts. Sorry, for delaying it for so long, especially to all my readers who personally keep reminding and supporting me!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 10.2K 38
|Featured on WattpadRomanceIN| Published: 14th Feb 2019 Radha's future had been already planned by her parents. According to them, a good house, a g...
32.5K 1.4K 7
It's a typical arrange marriage story dating back to 80's. 𝙎𝘼𝘼𝙉𝙑𝙄 𝘼𝘽𝙃𝙄𝙍𝘼𝙅 𝙈𝘼𝙇𝙃𝙊𝙏𝙍𝘼 She is 18 y/o girl from a village having les...
10.6K 1K 47
This is the story of 2 people. who tie in an arranged marriage. the girl who wanted to become an IAS officer but forcefully gets married to a guy not...
6.7K 287 50
Rishi Raj, 25 years old, a very handsome, arrogant, most cunning business man. He loves his family, for him everything comes after his family. For hi...