A New Start / bakugo x reader

By Bakugo_dandelion_boy

Y/n attends U-A high two months after the new school year has already started. Her controlling mother finally... More

Profile
Chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

chapter 16

5.4K 116 137
By Bakugo_dandelion_boy

Hey, I know these chapters are so short so I'm going to try to make them longer!!

(Time skip to after school)

.....

"You guys are good to go home," the sleepy teacher announces right after the bell. Mina jumps up and runs over to your desk where you are packing your things together.

"We are going to a Korean food place that just opened up in town! hope your hungry!" She blurts with a huge smile, she looks so unbelievably happy.

This girl is a walking smiley face.

She grabs onto your hand and pulls you towards the door where Kirishima, Sero, Denki and Bakugo are waiting and talking. Bakugo makes eye contact with you, before looking aware immediately.

"Is L/n coming along?" Denki questions, glancing at you with a warm smile.

"Yes! she said yes this time!" Her hand still grabs onto yours, almost like she's scared you'll change your mind.

Everyone smiles at you, they all look genuinely happy that you out agreed. And you can tell they are trying to make you comfortable.

"Whatever, let's go." Bakugo walks towards the stairs.

"What a grump," Sero laughs as he follows.

"I'm so happy your coming, it will be amazing to have another girl. I'm not even kidding. I've been stuck with these stinky boys this whole time,"Mina speaks, glaring at the boys backs while sticking out her tongue. She does not look genuinely mad, she never does. Because she literally can't. You laugh in response, "I'm happy to."

"If... you don't mind me asking... why were you avoiding and running away from us so much?"

Her question makes you freeze, making you think of your mom again.
"I- uhm..." you try to think of an excuse as fast as possible, anything. Anything believable. "I have been working.

"A job?! You have a job?!" Kirishima asks.

"Well... uhm yeah, I just wanted the extra money you know?" You reply, rubbing the back of your neck.

"I totally understand! just let us know when your working next time!"

"Okay..."

After walking for a while the 6 of you reach the restaurant.
"looks fancy!" Sero calls out before you all walk in, taking a seat at a booth. Bakugo sits across from you, Mina beside you, Kirishima beside Bakugo and Denki and sero beside eachother. You all order drinks and your food, now just waiting for it to arrive.

"Hey so Y/n, can you tell us more about your quirk?"

"Uh- yeah, sure."

You hold out your hand flat, palm facing the ceiling. Suddenly, a shiny purple butterfly appears, flying above your hand with shiny glitter sparkling around it. "You all can see a butterfly right now, but it is not real, I just took advantage of your mind."

Everyone's eyes are widened, staring at the butterfly in mesmerization by the trick you playing on their minds. Although Bakugo just watches what you do with it next. Suddenly, the butterfly bursts into flames, its wings crumbling and burning away. Mina screams and latches onto you while watching the fire in your hand. Everyone else looks terrified. Closing your hand, you make it all disappear before tapping on Minas shoulder, she looks at you.
"It's okay, just illusions." You smile at her.

"That's sick dude!" Denki and Sero shout out, the drinks finally arrived and are placed in front of you. You take a sip of your (f/d) before you guys begin to talk again.

"I'm happy you came, L/n!" Kirishima calls out.

"Now, tell me everything about you. I wanna get to know your whole life story so we can be best friends!" Mina says smiling at you, along with everyone's eyes on you. "well... uh.. my life's not that interesting."

"Oh come on! What's your hobbys? Your interests? What do you do on your free time?"

"I uh... I like to draw and paint? Maybe watch anime? And maybe sing?... or read? I don't know."

Everyone smiles at you happily.
"That's so cool!" Kirishima says.
"We all have to do karaoke and watch anime someday!" Mina calls out.
"I'd love to see some of your drawings!" Sero speaks.
"And your paintings!" Denki adds.

"Uhm yeah, that would be cool," you reply with a side smile. Slightly overwhelmed by everyone's focus on you.

"Foods here." Bakugos says, catching everyone's attention as the waiter sets down the meals. You smile and begin to eat, it tastes delicious and you're glad you came with them.

.....

After everyone is done eating and everyone splits the bill, you all walk outside where it starts to get dark. The cool autumn wind lightly winding against your (s/t) skin. You love the fall, so your so happy it's finally October. You can't wait for Halloween.

As everyone talks and gets ready to say goodbye, you check your phone. Seeing 21 messages and 11 miss calls from your mother. Your skin goes as white as a ghost and you feel your heart drop. This isn't good. This can't be good. She is obviously pissed off. Hell, she probably called the cops because of how stupid she is.

Your hands begin to shake slightly, so you bury them in your pockets. Not being aware you still look pale as paper.
"L/n are you okay? you look like you just saw a ghost," Kirishima chuckles.

"Yeah! just cold!"

"Okay, well I am so happy you came. I can't wait to see you tomorrow!" Mina gives you a tight hug, along with the rest of the squad. Well, everyone except Bakugo, that was expected though. Everyone leaves their separate ways, but Bakugo stays behind. You asked him to so you could give him the container his mom put the lunch in.

"Thanks," he says, stuffing the bento box in his bag.

"Tell your mom I say thank you, and thank you too, Bakugo." You bow in appreciation.

"Tch, sit up idiot. It was just the right thing to do, helping people is what being a hero is all about, right?"

"I guess. But still, thank you."

"Whatever."

"Bye, Bakugo."

"Bye, bitch. Text me when you get home."

Giggle as you walk away, he walks in the separate direction. You honestly don't know how to get home from here but you don't care, you would rather be walking the streets all night then face your mom any time soon.

The sky begins to grow very dark, but you don't mind because you finally found somewhere familiar. Your house definitely isn't far now.

You wonder around, second guessing yourself about directions one more time before finally finding your house. You frown, looking at the old run down structure and knowing your villainous mom is right inside makes your stomach twist. You huff before opening the door, looking around to see that nothing has changed in the house. You then tip-toe to the living room, where your mom sits on the couch.

She is not alone.

This time there's a man with her. He has brown messy and tangled hair, with a long knotted beard, dark green hat, blue shirt with holes and dirt on it with a stained grey sweater over the shirt and dirty ripped up jeans.

They are laughing dramatically as they smoke and drink while watching tv.

"Mom, who is that?" you question, looking at the man with a disgusted face. She ignores you and so does he, it's like their pretending you're not even there, you absolutely hate being ignored. "Mom, who the fuck is that?!" You yell, catching both of their attention.

"HEY! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" She screams, taking the last mouth full of beer in her mouth and throwing the can on the floor, starting a new pile of cans.

"You told me I couldn't come back home, so I went to Bakugo's house." You glare at her, she can not actually pin this on you.

"Yeahhh, you stay awayyy from those boys young ladyyy." The man slurs his words. He looks you up and down, making you feel sick to your stomach.

"I don't fucking know you, so don't speak to me. And stop looking at me you creep."

"Y/n, don't talk to my boyfriend like that."

"I will talk how ever I want, look at the way he's looking at me mom!" You yell, the man puts up his hands and begins to chuckle. Trying to play off his disgusting gaze. "Wait... your boyfriend?!" Your eyes widen.

"GO TO YOUR ROOM YOU PEACE OF SHIT"

You glare at them both more violently, "FUCK...YOU.. BOTH!" you shout, turning around and  stomping up the stairs.

"That kid needs a lesion taught to her." You hear the man say, you scoff.

Flopping on your bed like a sack of potato's, you feel so exhausted from so many events that happened today. But you forgot to close the door. The only thing you can hear is the sound of faint TV and loud drunk laughs from the drunk adults.

"UGHHHHHHHH," you scream into your pillow.  Kicking your lags and punching your fists out of frustration, before forcing yourself up and slamming the door. You go straight back to your bed, going on your phone after hearing it go off a few times.

.....

Mina:
Heyyy!!

Kirishima:
What's up guys?

Denki:
Yo

Sero:
Sup

Y/n:
Hey

Bakuhoe:
What do you want?

Mina:
I just wanted to ask if L/n could be part of the Bakusquad? Also I had lots of fun today!

Denki:
Obviouslyyy! our newest member!

Kirishima:
Yes of course!

Sero:
Sounds great!

Bakuhoe:
Whatever.

Y/n:
The 'Bakusquad? '

Mina:
Yes! Bakugo, Me, Sero, Kirishima, Denki and you are the newest member!

Y/n:
Oh, okay. :)

.....

You smile at your phone, happy that you are part of their 'squad' but still feeling a little hesitant. Throwing your phone beside you, you get up to brush your teeth and put on some shorts and a baggy tee-shirt on. You then look at yourself in your body length mirror and pull your shirt up just under your chest to look at your stomach, you frown.

You know every persons body is perfect, but you still hate yours. You're very skinny because of the lack of food you've ever been given. And you even stop eating from time to time, even when you get food. Because you'll either feel worse after eating, or throw it up on accident. Sometimes you convince yourself that you deserve it, but you know you do not.

"I hate myself," you whisper to yourself as you look at your stomach, "and my life." Sighing before laying back on your bed, tiredness soon takes over. Your eyes grow heavy as you fall asleep.

.....

You wake up to the sound of birds and cars outside of your window, the sun from your curtains beeming into your eyes. "The sun?..." you mumble, "THE SUN?!" you shout, sitting up quickly in realization. "Why is the sun up already?!" You immediately check your phone for the time, "CRAP I'M SO LATE!" You shout, getting up and throwing your inform on. Brushing your teeth and brushing out your tangled hair crazily fast.

Running down stairs with your bag, you slip your shoes on and run to the living room where your mom and the man are sleeping. "Mom!! I have to go to school!" you yell, your arms swinging back and forth anxiously.

"I don't care," she whispers with a crackly morning voice. You scoff, you have no time for this. You run directly out of the door and sprint almost the entire way there.

Getting there, feeling out of breath and breathing very heavily, you whisper, "fuck my life." You look up at the huge 1-A door in front of you while you lean the palms of your hands against your knees. You open the door to receive 20 pairs of eyes being laid on you. Seeing Mina, Kirishima, Denki and Sero smiling at you, you smile back.

You sit down and feel your phone buzz a few times before sneakily checking it under your desk.

.....

Bakuhoe:
Oi, why are you so late?

Y/n:
Like you care-

Bakuhoe:
You're right, I don't fucking care.
But I wanna know if I need to blow
your mom's face off.

Y/n:
Please do, it would be much appreciated.💀

Bakuhoe:
Already on it> 💥

Y/n:
Good, now shut up before you
get my phone taken away.

Bakuhoe:
You first, ugly rat.

.....

"Y/n, have something you need to share?" Aizawa speaks, staring at you sternly. You jump out of your skin and shoot your head up, staring back at him.

"Uh- no, I am sorry sir." Bakugo holds his hand over his mouth before blurting out a laugh, knowing he saw you on your phone. "Shut up." You glare at the boy, crossing your arms against your chest.

"Y/n, language."

"Yeah, yeah, sorry."

.....

The bell rights for lunch. You being dragged out of the class by Mina and denki, all the way to the tables they usually sit at. "Rude!" you huff, as you flop on the chair, crossing your arms with a pouting face.

"You're eating lunch with us!" Kirishima cheers. Your eyes widen, remembering that you forgot to pack a lunch.

Whatever, who cares.

"Hey L/n, where's your lunch?" Sero asks,

"I forgot it at home," you reply carelessly.

"What?!" Mina blurts.

"Fucking idiot, here have some of mine." Bakugo passes you a spring roll.
"No thanks," you mumble, pushing it away. He glares at you and shoves it in his mouth.

.....

It's finally time for hero training.
"Okay guys, today we are just seeing how far are quirks can go, how strong and dangerous and reliable they can be. So give it your all," Aizawa says boredly, you look over at your classmates who are all excited. Bakugo is grinning widely, evil locked in his look.

After some things being fully melted to a crisp and crushed, it's Bakugo turn. He steps forward, staring at the huge evil practice robot boss in front of him. He grins again, with a look of determination, then running forward with a battle cry, immediately blowing it's head off. He quickly blows it up from the top up, and it falls to the ground. "10.03 seconds Bakugo, nicely done."

Now it's your turn. You never really checked how far or dangerous your quirk can get, but you'll try your best. "GO Y/N!!!" Mina, Kirishima, Denki, and Sero cheer, you smile in return.

You stand with your legs spread apart a little, you keep your head down, your (H/l) (H/c) covering your face. You remind yourself that you have to focused. Focused on making sure to keep your mind on the big scary thing you're making into an illusion. And making sure you focus on letting everyone being able to see it.

Your (H/l) hair begun to slowly lift, as if there is  strong wind coming from right beneath you. "Focus Y/n, you have to focus," you whisper to yourself. Dark black smoke starts to build and smirl around you, almost not making you visible. The robot charges at you, but quickly stopping as it see's 4 replicas of yourself made out of the black dust on either side of your figure.

It smashes the two beside you, you still hidden in the smoke when it finally smashes the other two. Roaring while it crushes the fakes, you use its confusion and reaction time to jump upward. Using your hovering and telekinesis ability to push yourself, you extend your right leg and hit it right in the face with your meddle lined boot.

It's head flies off but it's body still moving, it's hand grabbing onto your body, slowly beginning to crush you.

"FUCKKK," you scream.

Everyone gasps, thinking you are about to get crushed to death. You panic, your anxiety finally kicking in.

"Whenever you want to be strong, think of something that makes you mad."

that's what your mother always used to tell you, she was always drunk and you never listened really thinking she's just crazy. You learned at young age to block loud noises and shouts out to the best of your ability.

But it's her. She is the one that makes you mad. The thoughts of her beer cans all over the floor, the smell of smoke all over the house. When she brought that man into your home, when she hits and neglects you. Doesn't cook and doesn't say she loves you. All of it, you feel the anger boil in your blood, your mind, your heart, and your whole body.

When you open your eyes, they glow a deep red. That always happened when you used your quirk to a high amount. Which is almost never.

The last time was when you were only 10 years old, you had a very bad mental breakdown after a big fight you and your mother had. Your eyes turned bright red and you lost your shit, you never did it again though. Because the after effects weren't very pleasant.

You scream, your eyes closing again. The thoughts of your mother runs through your head like poison. The man, the beatings, cans, cigarettes, traumatizing words. She is not a mother, she will never me a mother.

"FUCK YOU," you scream, the robot getting ripped apart piece by piece. Every screw, wire, and metal peace that once made up a giant enemy was being shredded. This isn't just your illusions, this is every single ability and power inside of you mixing all in one.

Powerful, that's what you are.

You finally get dropped, you're way too burnt out to even bother catching yourself before you hit the ground. You feel the wind pass you, knowing the ground is getting closer every second, but you feel the drop pause when you are caught by Aizawa's scarf.
"Total of 16.05 seconds, but the strongest defeat out of everyone," he says.

"Great." You lay on the ground, your eyes still red. Everyone runs up to you.
"THAT WAS SO SO SO COOL!!" Mina and many other people shout, you smile in return,
"Hey, you're bleeding from your head and nose, I don't think that's good Y/n!!" Uraraka shouts pointing to your head as you lay down on the concrete.

"I'm okay, just need to go to recovery girl."

.....

Hey lovely's! I just wanted to ask if you guys would like me to keep the chapters short and quick, and I would post them more often.

Or longer chapters that would take longer time. And wouldn't be updated as quickly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

683K 33.8K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
615K 13.9K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

121K 2.8K 43
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
263K 8.5K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...