chapter 20

the sun shines through the peek of the open curtain, and there's the sound of birds singing outside. perfect morning right? wrong.
the sun is directly pointing to your eyes and the sound of birds right now is udderly annoying.

you sit up slightly, putting your weight on your elbow, closing the curtain with your eyes squinted. (PS you borrowed some of Bakugos clothes again, completely forgot to add that part.)

as you lay down again, flipping towards Katsuki. sleep easily started to take over again, then you feel the soft blanket pull off of you. the coldness of the room creeping up on your warm skin. you open your eyes again with a angry tired glare, looking to see what could have snatched the warm blanket away from you.

your eyes then land on the sleeping boy beside you, his arms wrapped around the bunched up blanket. you roll your eyes before yanking the blanket away from him, not the whole thing because you're not that selfish, but enough to cover you again.

"mmm," Katsuki hums with an annoyed tone, his eyes brows narrow and his eyes stay shut and out like a light. he then slowly reaches his arm out to grab the blankets again, but you swat his hand away. which leads to him to accidentally grab your hand, pulling it close to his chest and your body inches closer to his.

you gasp and you feel wide awake now. you watch his face return calm, then glaring softly once again. his eyes slowly blink open to see you staring at him, a shocked expression painted on your face.

"what are you looking at?" he glares at you, his hand still locked to yours.

you smirk, "well if you wanted to hold my hand you could have just asked, lover boy," you say with a smug voice. he looks at you confused, then looking down to see himself gripping your hand, his eyes widen and he immediately let's go. the cheeky expression not leaving your face.

"well good morning I guess" you mumble, wanting to get more sleep, but now that Katsuki's awake you can't. "no" he says sitting up, rubbing his eyes then walking to the couch and laying down.

"well now I can't get to sleep again bitch, you stole the blanket then my hand" you pout, sitting up.

then placing your feet on the cold ground, "why is it so cold in your room?" you ask stretching, "because of my quirk" he mumbles as he lays down. "I wanna try this" you say picking up the guitar that is placed on the wall above the couch.

you pluck the strings, pretending you can play but you really can't. at all. "la la.. LA LA LA" you sing, while hitting the strings with your fingers lazily. "SHUT UP" Katsuki yells, "LA LA LA" you shout, he then sits up, throwing a pillow at you.

"RUDE" you yell in response to the pillow, then throwing it back at him. "your doing it wrong" he says, "no shit" you say looking at the guitar.

your eyes widen, having an idea. then shooting your head up at Katsuki, him giving you a confused look. "teach me how to play!" you say excitedly, "what?!"

"yeah! you could teach me how to play the guitar, and I could come here for lessons so I don't have to go to my house!" you say happily.
"I don't have time to be a teacher, I have to train to be the best." he replies getting up and walking to the bathroom. you frown in return.

"UGHHH your so BORINGGG" you yell, flopping on the bed. "I guess I can give you lessons but only when I have time alright?" he says peeking out if the bathroom, you sit up quickly. "okay!" you say with a wide smile.

"I should probably get home soon, I haven't told my mom where I was so she's probably gonna beat my ass" you say as you rub your eyes, sitting on the edge of the bed. Bakugo then sits beside you.

he looks at you quickly, "like actually? will she actually hurt you?" he asks, you shrug. you honestly can't be sure and your not going to lie.

he scolds you as you stand up and pack your bag. "well text me if she lays a finger on you" he says sternly, standing up and helping you pick up your stuff. "I will!" you smile.

as your about to walk of the door, you remember that your still wearing Bakugos black skull shirt and shorts. "oh yeah! your clothes!" you say quickly walking to the bathroom to change, "it's alright, just give em back when your here again" he replies. "oh okay" you say smiling then picking up your bag and swinging it over your shoulder.

you go up to Bakugo who stands in the middle of the room, spreading out your arms. he scolds you again. "why do you always decline my hugs" you frown. he rolls his eyes then hugging you, "fine" he mumbles.

you smile widely, leaning into his hug before letting go. "bye bye Bakugo" you say, then walking out of his room and walking down stairs. "bye Mitsuki!" you shout as you stand at the door, your hand readying to open it. "bye honey! come back soon!" she shouts back from the living room.

with that you leave, standing at the strain station, getting on the train then walking home the rest of the way.
.
.
.
just as your about to open the door, it is swung open. your eyes widen to see your intoxicated mother.
"mom?!"
"what did I tell you about going out like that you little shit?!" she yells, grabbing you by your hair and dragging you into the house. "mom, stop please!" you shout, grabbing her hand in attempt to get her to let go.

she throws you against the floor in the living room, her boyfriend chuckling as he watches, drinking alcohol. "mom, stop! I was just sleeping over at a friends house!"

she scowls at you villainously, "he won't help you," she speaks smoothly, "he's not there for you, he'll leave you," your eyes tear up. "AND IF YOU DONT STAY AWAY FROM HIM, I WILL HURT HIM AND YOU" she screams, picking you up by your shirt and slamming you into the wall.

you hiss at the pain, biting your lip from impact, the taste of blood filling your mouth. you drag yourself against the carpeted floor, but in response you get kicked in the side, hitting the wall beside you, again. a grunt of pain leaving your mouth.

now, you stay laying there for hours as your mom stays slumped into the couch, watching TV and laughing. you have no strength to get up. you then lock eyes with your mother and she immediately glares, "all those dark bruises on her face will get the fucking cops called again," she says to her boyfriend.

"hold her head under ice cold water and the bruising might go down," he replies. she gets up quickly, dragging you by the hair to the kitchen. you sit up weakly, your back against the kitchen cabinet as your mother runs the tap, filling the sink with ice and water.

your phone is right at the front door. right where you dropped it when you were dragged into the house, all you have to do is crawl there and grab it. but then she'll probably beat you so bad that you'll die, if she catches you.
and you can't drag Bakugo into this, she said it herself that she will hurt him. and you would much rather yourself get beaten then him.

the thoughts of escaping this hell hole and seeing Bakugo are immediately interrupted when you're dragged up again, by your hair.
not even getting a breath of air before your head is forced into the sink full of ice water, the freezing temperature making your face feel a numb.

as your lungs begin to burn, your mind races, your hands that hold onto the rim of the sink start to move frantically and your legs begin kicking around.
'she's trying to kill me.'
as your lungs feel unbelievably tight, the feeling of drowning replicates the dream you had, and it takes over. she finally let's you up. your gasp for air is loud and desperate, but it isn't long till your head is forced under water again.

"come on you little bitch, we have to get the swelling down!" your mother shouts as she holds your head under the water. your body struggling, and pleading for air.

"don't use all the god damn ice, I need that for my beer!" her boyfriend yells from the living room as he listens to your mom drown you.

she continues for about an hour straight, holding you under the water for 1-2 minutes at a time. your body feels numb and tired when she finally leaves the kitchen, leaving you on the cold floor. your body is way to weak to even attempt to get up, and get away.