chapter 18

The next morning rolls around, you lazily having to walk to school. Your head aching and you feel hungry but you didn't have any food in the house for breakfast or lunch.

You walk into class, looking tired and dead. "Y/n! I'm so glad your okay!" Mina says.
"Yeah, we were worried about you!" Sero adds.

"Hey guys," you yawned, then sitting at your desk and laying your head on your arms.
"Oi, Y/n," Bakugo speaks, his voice closer to you then you would expect. Because he's right in front of your desk.
"Hey," you groan, not bothering to look up at him.
"I'm sorry." he voice turned stern, the room goes silent. You look up in shock, he looks a bit embarrassed but he looks like he means it.

"Oh yeah? Did your mom put you up to this?" You look up at him with an angry glare.

"What? No! I feel.. bad.. or whatever..." he mumbles, your eyes widen wider if that's possible.

But instead of glaring you give him a small smile,"It's okay Katsuki, apology excepted," you say. He then leaves with a faint blush against his checks.

Class is long and boring, having to learn math and read articles about Pro-Heros wouldn't exactly be labeled as "fun". Lunch was torture as well, having no food in your house for lunch and having to watch everyone else eat wasn't fun. But at least you were able to snatch a few tempura shrimps from Bakugos lunch.

Finally... the end of the day, and you can go to Bakugo's house and eat a home cooked meal.
"K, let's go," Katsuki said as grabbed his bag. When you follow him out of the classroom you walk beside each other. Mina runs up and grabs both of your shoulders, her head peaking out in between yours and Katsuki's.
"Where are you guys sneaking off to together?" She says cheekily, you both freeze.
"My house," Katsuki huffs.

"Ooo! And what are you guys doing there?" Kirishima teases, walking over to the three of you. You feel yourself turn a bit red. Katsuki then shoves Mina off of the both of you.
"Get your head out of the gutter, my mom invited her over for dinner" he grabs you by the wrist and tugs you towards the front doors, then to the train station. When he finally let's go of you, he stands silently and waits for the train.

"So.. how was your day?" You ask, trying to fill the awkward silence. You glance up at him, noticing his face calmed slightly at the sound of your voice.

"Tch, it was fine" his reply was followed up by silence. You swung your arms back and forth before letting out a sigh.
"WELL, mine was great," you over exaggerated your tone. Annoyed he didn't ask you back. "Especially now, because I finally get to eat a meal today!" you say with an excited smile, the rumble in your stomach made your smile widen more at the thought of the food.
"You haven't eaten?" he asks, looking over at you. "No. There was no food in my house so I had to wait till I could come to your house," you reply happily.

He scoffs, "I fucking hate your mom." He looks away from you and down at the ground.
"Me to, but it's okay!" you smile, and he looks at you confused.

"How do you do that?" he stares you in the eyes.

"Do what?" you reply, not understanding the question.

"Just stay positive about everything? Like your mom? And just not eating? And getting abused and hurt?" Katsuki spoke with a small glare. Your eyes widened and you looked at the ground nervously. "Well uhm, I don't know.. I just try to focus on the positive parts about situations. I've done that for a while, an-and it works."

"How is any of that positive?!" he sounds annoyed now.

"Because I have you! And Kirishima, Sero, Mina and Denki! You guys are my positives, and that's what I would like to focus on. Not my mother." You put on a smile. He widens his eyes, the train quickly zooming by, your (H/l) (H/c) blowing around as you smile. He looks as if he's admiring you before his face returns to his usual pissed off expression.