Shape Unsheltered

Shevongarraway

READ! READ! SHAPE UNSPOKEN TO BETTER UNDERSTAND SHAPE UNSHELTERED. "CAN ALSO BE A STAND-ALONE BOOK" (#3 OF TH... Еще

Authors note
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER -1-
CHAPTER -2-
CHAPTER -3-
CHAPTER - 4 -
CHAPTER -5-
CHAPTER -6-
CHAPTER-7-
CHAPTER -8-
CHAPTER -9-
CHAPTER -10-
CHAPTER -11-
CHAPTER -12-
CHAPTER -13-
CHAPTER-14-
CHAPTER -15-
CHAPTER -16-
CHAPTER -17-
CHAPTER -18-
CHAPTER -19-
CHAPTER -20-
CHAPTER -21-
CHAPTER -22-
CHAPTER -23-
CHAPTER -24-
CHAPTER -25-
CHAPTER -26-
CHAPTER -27-
CHAPTER -28-
CHAPTER -29-
CHAPTER -30-
CHAPTER -31-
CHAPTERS -32-
CHAPTER -33-
CHAPTER -34-
CHAPTER -35-
CHAPTER -36-
CHAPTER -37-
CHAPTER -38-
CHAPTER -39-
CHAPTER -40-
CHAPTER -42-
CHAPTER -43-
CHAPTER -44-
Chapter -45-
CHAPTER -46-
CHAPTER -47-
CHAPTER -48-
CHAPTER -49-
CHAPTER -50-
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER -41-

106 12 25
Shevongarraway

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

I woke at 6:00 am puking my stomach out. DeMarcus was up the moment I rushed off the bed giving me a little support. He rubs my back soothingly while he held my hair which was a big help. If puke had gotten into my hair I would have cried. He sits with me on the bathroom floor until I felt better. I was having a dizzy spell and my stomach felt upset. He carry me back to bed after a few minutes holding me in his arms until I went back to sleep.

It was about 9:30 am when I woke again. I brush my teeth, wash my face and we've just had our breakfast. Everyone then went to a different part of the house doing their own thing while DeMarcus and I showered together and spend a few minutes lathering each other.

I want to have a facial down before hair and makeup for Brian's company anniversary party tonight so we needed to leave early. The dress I'm wearing needs professional makeup and my hair to be done, to perfection to pull off the fit. Can't blame a girl for wanting to dress to impress either.

"Steph, Steph!" I call out as I walk out of my room looking for him. I was dressed and ready to go with the girls. He can't get enough of the theatre room with all the perks of a movie theatre since getting the grand tour by DeMarcus last night. I walk down the hall to the theatre room Zoriah, Allison and Steph are watching a movie. They met last night and they already consider him their nephew.

I've made a 1:00 o clock appointment at Amanda's the leading hair and makeup artist here for me and the girls. "Hey, guys we can't be late for this appointment, we will miss it," I say entering the room, "I also wanted to get a facial before."

"Bye, Steph," they say in unison.

"I didn't realize it was 11:30 already," says Allison.

"Hurry up Willson is waiting on us," I say to them.

They hurry out of the room leaving Steph and I. "You up for a day with DeMarcus," I ask taking a seat next to him.

"What does he have planned," he asks turning to face me.

"I'm not sure but I know he has a few errands on wall street."

"Okay, I can do that."

"Okay, after he will take you to grandma. Did you get a chance to see their new home?"

"Not yet but grandpa says I will love it."

"You will," I kiss the top of his head getting up, "check in with DeMarcus I'm leaving now."

"Bye, Mom."

"Bye, baby be good if any problem calls me." I walk back into our room to get my purse.

I decide to call Sean to inform him of DeMarcus and Steph's day together because I wanted no problem if they get caught on camera moving around the city.

"Morning Cindy, everything alright" he answers in a concerned tone.

"Hi, Sean. Morning, yes everything is alright." I reply.

"What's up then?" he asks in a more relaxed tone of voice.

"The reason for my call is DeMarcus and Steph are going to spend the day out together without me and then DeMarcus will take him to my parents."

"DeMarcus Granger?" he asks in a shocked tone.

"Yes."

"Why is he spending the day with him," Sean asks.

"DeMarcus is my fiance and I think they should get to know each other."

"He's your what?"

"DeMarcus and I are engaged to be married."

He went quiet for a few seconds.

"Why do they have to be alone and why aren't you going to be there?"

"Sean, Anna has been alone with Steph when he was much younger, and to date, I've never objected to it. Even when I had my fears about the issue. It's my weekend with Steph and I would never put him in harm's way."

"Anna is here because you left him remember," he says and I felt that to my soul.

"Sean are you hearing yourself right now, I thought we were past that. I called out of respect and I've been more than compliant in our arrangement." I say in the calmest of voices I have not to antagonize the situation.

He went silent again and DeMarcus walks up to me after hearing my response. I've let his wife dictate to me over my son and kept my mouth shut, biting my tongue on occasions. I've never retaliated toward them when it comes to Steph. I never want Steph to be caught in the crossfire so I hold back. I would never expose him to danger either. DeMarcus is great with his niece and he has been incredible with Steph from the beginning.

"Look I'm sorry, this just caught me off guard," he says after a few minutes.

"No offence taken Sean, I only wanted to inform you because of the media. I would never expose Steph to any arm or danger."

"I know, I know. I understand. Uh Cindy I have to go," he cut the call before I can respond.

"What's that about," asks DeMarcus.

"I honestly don't know but I'm in such a good mood I'm not letting it get to me."

I put my arms around his shoulders and press my lips to his.

"You will take Steph to my parents after your day with him."

"Not a problem and don't worry, I wouldn't let anything happen to him."

"Bye, baby. I know I trust you, DeMarcus if I didn't I wouldn't let steph be alone with you. If I don't leave now, I'm going to be late."

"Bye," he says. I smooch his lips again and rush out of the room.

We arrived at the makeup artist within a minute to spare after our facials. They are three hairstylists, each taking one of us. My stylist press and roller curl my hair.

Zoriah wanted a high bun with a front bang so her hair was finished first and the makeup artist did her thing making her look beautiful with soft matte smokey blue, glossy makeup that make her eyes sparkle.

Allison was next, she choose a silk press out with a middle part. The artist gives her smoke-out eyes with a hint of purple and flush cheeks.

I went for loose curls for a loose low bun with the loose strand to the front of my hair and at the sides. She then apply my makeup shimmering gold eyeshadow with a dark liner overcast and a slight wing, nude contour, burgundy lips, and highlighted cheeks bone. My lashes and brows are done to perfection not tooting my own horn but I look hot. Amanda made us look like celebrities.

"Come take my picture I want Hugo to go crazy," says Allison.

"Why not wait and send him the complete look," says Zoriah, and I agree. We did however flash a few pictures blown away with ourselves. It was well after six when we get back to the apartment. I texted DeMarcus to know how it went with Steph and he replied by saying very good and that he already drops him off at my parents.

Back at the apartment, I left a note in our room for DeMarcus telling him I'm dressing with the girl in their room and he will see me after.

I showered with my head lean back trying my best not to smudge my makeup it wasn't without difficulty. The girls did the same and we helped each other into our dresses after moisturizing and spraying lasting scents on our backs and upper bodies. I also bought a shimmering body spray, I spray my arms, shoulders, my exposed neck, and back.

After an hour or more of putting on accessories, and shoes and fixing our purses we were ready to look like the baddest thing to walk out of a magazine. Zoriah wears a little blue dress hugging her figure with silver accessories and shoes.

Allison wears a purple, deep cleavage floor-length, figure-hugging dress with a high split up her mid-thigh.

The dress DeMarcus bought me although I tried it before now with my full breast made this dress look as if it was made for me.

We flash a few pictures well more than a few, DeMarcus knocks on the door stopping us mid flashes.

I open the door for him and he whistles taking my hand, he twirls me around "MINE" he rumbles from deep within his throat. He takes my arm in his and told the girls to go forward.

"You look alluring, angelic, appealing, bewitching, captivating, charming, classy, comely, dazzling, delicate, delightful, divine, elegant, enthralling, enticing, excellent, all the words I can think of right now future Mrs Granger."

"Thank you, Mr Granger." I blush, giving his arm a little squeeze. "You look very handsome too sir." He wears a black Armani suit white shirt and black suede.

We arrived at the entrance of the grand ballroom where the red carpet are laid out. DeMarcus gets out and opens the door for us, taking us out one at a time, he's such a gentleman to help the girls as well.

I thank him, being the last to get out so did the girls.

He walks us to the entrance where the media and paparazzi flash what seems to be thousands of pictures.

We finally made it inside and DeMarcus usher us to greet the host of the hour.

"Brian, Jinette, Sean, Anna, Jophes, and Celine stand not too far from the open entrance greeting their guests as they arrive through the door.

There is an opening so we make our way over to them. Zoriah and Allison lead the way as DeMarcus ushers them to the front.

"Brian congratulations, says DeMarcus shaking Brian's hand.

"Congrats Brian 80 years is an achievement," I say shaking his hand. "Thank you both," he says looking at us.

"Jinette, Anna, and Celine good to see you," I say greeting them.

"Same here Cindy, you look beautiful," says Celine. Jinette and Anna nod.

"Thank you, Celine," I answer.

"Sean, Jophes" I greet next.

DeMarcus shakes their hand respectively.

"This is Allison and Zoriah, my friends," I introduce the girls and everyone greets them shaking their hands.

The waiter stops by us offering champagne. He places one in front of me "no thank you" I decline and everyone else takes one except DeMarcus.

"You not drinking," asks Anna.

"Not tonight," I say

"C'mon you have to celebrate with us," says Brian.

"Sorry, I can't, not for the next nine months," I say. Anna and Jinette's mouths touch the floor. Sean's eyes pop but he recovers quickly. No one said a word and the atmosphere was tense.

DeMarcus refuses his champagne next.

"Now I know what is her excuse. what's yours?" asks Brian.

"I can't let my fiance make all the sacrifices now." And the group went even quieter, exchanging looks.

"Excuse us let me get my fiance a glass of juice. Ladies shall we," say DeMarcus.

We walk off and DeMarcus let go of my hand, he kisses my neck walking over to the bar.

"Was it just me or was there a tension so thick I could cut it with a knife," says Zoriah.

"It wasn't just you," I answer.

"Why thought" ask Allison.

"Sean is my ex-husband" I answer.

"You were married," asks Allison stun.

"How did you think I had Steph," I say to her.

"Make sense" she chuckles.

"The lady next to him is his wife?" asks Zoriah.

"Yes," I answer.

"He remarried?" asks Allison.

"Yes, he did" I answer.

"You sure pick them right though Cindy," says Zoriah.

"What?" I question.

"Look as that man, then DeMarcus. You got good taste girl." Zoriah says.

Allison and I laugh so hard at her facial expression. "Hello, you have a boyfriend at home," I remind her.

"You don't have to remind me, he's fine too but can't I admire all this lean meat when I see them," Zoriah whispers.

"What type of champagne are they serving," I ask and we laugh among ourselves.

DeMarcus return with two glasses of juice since Allison and Zoriah had champagne.

"Ladies I must meet Mr Albert's over there. Can I steal my fiance for a few minutes?" ask DeMarcus.

"Steal away," says Zoriah.

"Don't go far," I say to the girls "I'll be right back."

"I have eyes on them, I have three men in here one for each of us," DeMarcus says as we walk away.

"You think of everything sir."

"The wheels always turning love," we chuckle walking in stride in the direction DeMarcus leads. The place starts to fill up and the dance floor as instrumentals fills the room.

"Mrs. Albert," DeMarcus says as we approach the elderly man with silk blond hair, he is short with wrinkled skin which shows his age. "Mr Granger it has been a while," they shake hands.

"It sure has been sir, this is my fiance Cindy Washington."

"It's a pleasure," Mr Albert says shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you sir" I reply.

"This was our family lawyer," says DeMarcus.

DeMarcus and Mr Albert talk for a few minutes, arranging to meet before he returns to Italy and we walk back to Zoriah and Allison.

"You good here baby, give me a few minutes," says DeMarcus he kiss my hand walking off.

"You guys want to check out the appetizer table," I ask looking at the girls.

"You always hungry," says Zoriah.

"It's your niece or nephew doing it to me, so don't complain to me," I retort.

Allison is giggling on her phone not paying attention to our banter.

"Who have you smiling that way," asks Zoriah.

"It's Hugo the pictures are sending him crazy," says Allison.

"It should, you look beautiful Allison," I say.

"My Alley growings up," says Zoriah.

"I'm a grown woman, I'm twenty-three," she says.

We laugh at her "child talk to me when you're 34" says Zoriah. We cackle walking to the appetizer table.

I look around the table for anything that catches my eye. "I want to use the lady's room," says Allison.

"Me too," says Zoriah.

"You guys go, I'm going to stay here with this food," I say and they roll their eyes and shake their heads. They laugh walking away, leaving me to decide what to try first.

"Meet me back here," I call after them.

They wave and walk away. "DeMarcus is a lucky, lucky bastard" came a voice I recognize anywhere.

"Adam Ferguson don't you have some damsel in distress to rescue," I say turning to face him.

"Not tonight Ms. Washington," he says racking his eyes up and down my body.

I scoff turning back to my food trying to decide and be done with this conversation.

"You sure upgrade nicely Cindy. Tell me what is DeMarcus price I can top it," he says.

"What?" I spin back to him, looking him in the eyes to make sure he was serious.

"Well, you did upgrade from Sean and DeMarcus well he has three of you on his arms tonight," he says smugly, smirking at me.

I wanted to slap the taste out of his mouth, with every force I had in my body but I take a deep breath and simply look him dead in the eyes and say. "Let me tell you this Ferguson and keep it in your thick skull, if by some chance I could be bought you couldn't top Demarcus's offer even if you tried."

God this arrogant son of a bitch can infuriate a woman.

"Back off Ferguson," says Sean standing behind him at his full length. "Sill has the ex-husband I see," he smirks at me.

"He sure isn't a downgrade from you," I say and he walks away finally.

"That guy like he lives under a rock and only crawls out to anger women," I say looking up at Sean.

Sean chuckles looking at me.

"See you haven't changed still looking for a fight," he says.

"You know me can't back down," I say folding my fist to show him.

He chuckles, "that serious uh... Cindy I am sorry about earlier today," he says seriously.

"What about it," I ask nonchalantly.

"You're going to make me work for it aren't you," he asks.

"Well, you know me," I say.

He chuckles "that I do," he says.

"It was uncalled for and you didn't deserve it."

"I know," I say simply.

He chuckles again, "you have changed then," he says.

"Sean I choose my fights. I know my battles, my scares, my struggles and I've made peace with them." I say looking into his eyes and I think he gains a new level of respect for me this moment.

"I can see that and I'm happy for you Cindy, really I am."

"Thank you, Sean," I say. He looks at me for a few seconds.

"Now I have to go look for my wife the dance floor is calling," he says.

I chuckle "go enjoy, I'm hanging out by this table," I smiled.

He chuckles walking away.

I turn back to the table and my eyes land on the mini cake treat.

"One slice will go straight to your hip," I jump turning around I didn't notice anyone coming up to me, I was focused on the cake before me.

"Jinette," I say puzzled looking at her.

"Cindy it's nice to see you, you look beautiful. Thank you for coming," she says.

"Thank you, you look elegant," I reply.

"So cakes," she says.

"Cakes," I say.

It was awkward between us as we look around.

"You know Cindy, thinking back I didn't support you as a friend should. I'm sorry for my role in pushing you away."

I am shocked at her words, "what?" I say looking back at her.

"You needed a friend and I wasn't one to you. Thinking back at all the times you were there for me, I know I wasn't half the friend to you that you were to me." She says.

"Jinette it's over. I'm over it," I say.

"I'm not over it I was selfish in only wanting you to do things my way but looking at you now I can see how much you've grown and blossomed into a beautiful butterfly. I should have listened to you, Cindy."

"Thank you Jinette," I  say reaching out and hugging her, it was all I ever wanted.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

48.8K 2.4K 28
There is a secret that hasn't been told to her. There is a part of her that she has no idea existed. Who she is, is not something that she had expect...
Riding South AJ Arnault

Любовные романы

199K 10.2K 50
{Wattys Shortlist 2022} A one night stand is turned inside out when two strangers discover their shared past. After a skydiving excursion that ends...
Coming Home Celeste

Любовные романы

834K 19.3K 41
[Small Town / Second Chance] When Jennifer heads back to her hometown after ten years to celebrate her grandmother's 70th birthday, she knows she'll...
Till The Clock Strikes Gone iya

Любовные романы

686K 43.9K 62
❝In class, you said I reminded you of someone. Who is she?❞ ❝My wife. You remind me of my wife.❞ ━━━━━━...