C Language Cultivation

By MikiHanna

Lin Xun is a programmer. After coding all night, he found a program input window in his body. He tried to pro... More

Chapter 1 The infinite loop (1)
Chapter 2 The infinite loop (2)
Chapter 3 The infinite loop (3)
Chapter 4 The infinite loop (4)
Chapter 5 The infinite loop (5)
Chapter 6 The infinite loop (6)
Chapter 7 Crawlers (1)
Chapter 8 Crawlers (2)
Chapter 9 Crawlers (3)
Chapter 10 Crawlers (4)
Chapter 11 Firewall (1)
Chapter 12 Firewall (2)
Chapter 13 Firewall (3)
Chapter 14 Firewall (4)
Chapter 15 Overflow (1)
Chapter 16 Overflow (2)
Chapter 17 Overflow (3)
Chapter 18 Overflow (4)
Chapter 19 DDOS (1)
Chapter 20 DDOS (2)
Chapter 21 DDOS (3)
Chapter 22 DDOS (4)
Chapter 23 Disconnect from the Internet (1)
Chapter 24 Disconnect from the Internet (2)
Chapter 25 Object Oriented (1)
Chapter 26 Object Oriented (2)
Chapter 27 Object Oriented (3)
Chapter 28 Object Oriented (4)
Chapter 29 Debug (1)
Chapter 30 Debug (2)
Chapter 31 Debug (3)
Chapter 32 Debug (4)
Chapter 33 Debug (5)
Chapter 34 Pointer (1)
Chapter 35 Pointer (2)
Chapter 36 Pointer (3)
Chapter 37 Pointer (4)
Chapter 38 Pointer (5)
Chapter 39 Pointer (6)
Chapter 40 Pointer (7)
Chapter 41 Loophole (1)
Chapter 42 Loophole (2)
Chapter 43 Loophole (3)
Chapter 44 Loophole (4)
Chapter 45 Loophole (5)
Chapter 46 Loophole (6)
Chapter 47 Loophole (7)
Chapter 48 Loophole (8)
Chapter 49 Loophole (9)
Chapter 50 Duplication (1)
Chapter 51 Duplication (2)
Chapter 52 Duplication (3)
Chapter 53 Duplication (4)
Chapter 54 Duplication (5)
Chapter 55 Duplication (6)
Chapter 56 Duplication (7)
Chapter 57 Duplication (8)
Chapter 58 Duplication (9)
Chapter 59 Duplication (10)
Chapter 60 Traversal (1)
Chapter 61 Traversal (2)
Chapter 62 Traversal (3)
Chapter 63 Traversal (4)
Chapter 64 Traversal (5)
Chapter 65 Artificial Amentia (1)
Chapter 66 Artificial Amentia (2)
Chapter 67 Artificial Amentia (3)
Chapter 68 Artificial Amentia (4)
Chapter 69 Artificial Amentia (5)
Chapter 70 Artificial Amentia (6)
Chapter 71 Artificial Amentia (7)
Chapter 72 Artificial Amentia (8)
Chapter 73 Artificial Amentia (9)
Chapter 74 Compression (1)
Chapter 75 Compression (2)
Chapter 76 Compression (3)
Chapter 77 Compression (4)
Chapter 78 Compression (5)
Chapter 79 Compression (6)
Chapter 80 Compression (7)
Chapter 81 Compression (8)
Chapter 82 Compression (9)
Chapter 83 Papers (1)
Chapter 84 Papers (2)
Chapter 85 Papers (3)
Chapter 86 The shortest path (1)
Chapter 87 The shortest path (2)
Chapter 88 The shortest path (3)
Chapter 89 The shortest path (4)
Chapter 90 The shortest path (5)
Chapter 91 The shortest path (6)
Chapter 92 The shortest path (7)
Chapter 94 The shortest path (9)
Chapter 95 D-L (1)
Chapter 96 D-L (2)
Chapter 97 D-L (3)
Chapter 98 D-L (4)
Chapter 99 D-L (5)
Chapter 100 OS (1)
Chapter 101 OS (2)

Chapter 93 The shortest path (8)

319 24 4
By MikiHanna

When they had just arrived at the entrance of the basement, Lin Xun heard the familiar howl of that props master.

No, it was not so familiar, because his voice had become hoarse.

The props master frantically crawled out of the stairway, and a police officer tried to control him as he hugged the police officer's thighs and cried. "I woke up lying on a pile of corpses! Although they were all made by me, I...I...."

The police tried to calm him. "You stand up first."

The props master broke down. "Before I fainted, the corpse could even fly, after I woke up, I...."

At this point, Lin Xun recalled that when they left the basement and went to the subway, the props master was still unconscious on the dining table.

The mannequin whose belly was opened up by the chef was right beside him.

Lin Xun gave him a compassionate glance thinking that the props master was extremely pitiful. However, this may also be due to the props master being scared out of his wits, just as a person who has never seen a pig run won't be able to write a really good description of the pig, only a talented person who has been frightened enough to drive their soul out of their body would be able to create the best psychic props.

This was a joint operation, and the Xicheng District Police station was quite close, such that the dispatched forensic pathologist arrived in a short time. The corpse in the cold storage was confirmed to be human, and it seemed it was not from one person, pending further confirmation. This situation was expected; after all, the existence of devils was mostly related to the distortion of the hearts of mortals. Considering the huge crack that appeared in Xicheng Station, these frozen corpses may be part of a bigger case far beyond everyone's imagination.

Officer Zhou shook hands with Lin Xun. "Thank you for your proactive report."

Officer, "But I'm still curious about the reason why you guys were conducting this series of activities. In fact, from the first time we met, I thought right away that you guys were a group of eccentric people possibly possessing some supernatural powers."

Lin Xun sat on the shared wheelchair and blinked. "Well, our group of enthusiastic masses have always been worried about public security."

The system's voice sounded, "Favorability of Officer Zhou +10. Current favorability: 100; Upper limit: 100."

"The favorability of a special character has reached the upper limit; get the reward 'Officer Zhou's trust'. Item description: when encountering an unexpected situation, you can summon Officer Zhou for assistance and to clear things up."

"A just cause enjoys abundant support, while an unjust cause finds little. The cumulative favorability has reached the upper limit of twenty people. You get the reward: Spiritual power +10. Next reward unit: 50."

He had reached the 'upper limit of favorability' because of the many cultivators, who had a favorable opinion of him from time to time. However, except for the completion of the side task "Worship into the cultivation gate" at the beginning, there were no other rewards; Lin Xun also did not pay attention to this—it turned out to be a hidden mission.

And the value of the special reward because of Officer Zhou was quite high.

This meant that the next time they had some big operation, or if there was an occasion that was not convenient for the cultivators, or if they happen to attract too much attention like today, he can ask Officer Zhou to coordinate and wrap things up! In fact, he felt that Officer Zhou already knew that his group of people had special powers, but in terms of cooperation—whether they can talk about cultivation, or how Officer Zhou would report to his superiors, they would still need to be discussed.

Then he heard Officer Zhou say, "When you encounter this type of incident again, you must first ensure your own personal safety."   

Lin Xun said to Officer Zhou, "Thank you officer. Although my leg is broken, my heart—as an enthusiastic citizen—is still on fire."

Officer Zhou, "Oh thank you. I've been fooled by you again and again like my brain is broken."

Lin Xun, "...."

Officer Zhou snorted coldly, with a serious expression on his face, he turned around and continued with his work—but he touched Lin Xun's head as he was leaving.

Then, the officers became busy for a long time, organizing the clues and recording details of the crime scene. By the time they were released, it was already five o'clock in the afternoon.

But the elders who were released did not scatter but gathered around Lin Xun. At first, Lin Xun thought they wanted to praise the way he issued the commands, but Huo Qingshan's words were, "Show us that little phone elf."

Lin Xun offered Luo Shen to his master.    

The elders began to pass his phone around. Luo behaved extremely well in front of these people and even had a friendly conversation with them.

All the elders were curious and sang praises again and again.

Lin Xun, who sat on the shared wheelchair, started promoting and said to the elders, "This is our company's main product, and will be officially launched in ten days. If the elders have any free time, you can go to the Technology Expo to take a look. There will also be other segments then, if you are optimistic about it, you can consider investing if you are interested."  

The elders expressed that this thing was quite useful, and would consider investing when the time comes.

Huo Qingshan was immensely proud, wanting to invest right then, but Lin Xun said he hadn't even used the 500,000 yuan, so the old man  gave up and decided to invest in his disciple's company in the future.

After talking for a long time—and after they had teased Luo repeatedly—only then did everyone leave.  

Chang Ji intended to send Lin Xun back, but Qi Yun suddenly sent a long series of crazy messages, saying he writhed in the bathtub and the bucket flipped over, and now the water had ran dry, he was about to die from being parched, and that he also broke his arm, so Chang Ji had to hurry back, he even set a time limit of half an hour.

Lin Xun then had to be pushed into the hospital lobby, still sitting on that shared wheelchair, waiting for someone else to pick him up.

Two words appeared on his phone screen, "So tired."

"You're tired of what?" Lin Xun said, "I'm more tired."

Luo, "What are you tired of?"

Lin Xun, "My leg is broken."

Luo, "You broke it yourself."

"This isn't the problem," Lin Xun said, "it's that he's about to get off work."

Dong Jun's message popped up almost the next moment.

Good things do not happen easily no matter how much you wish for them, but bad things immediately come to life if you think about them—Lin Xun had once again proven Murphy's Law with his life.

Looking at the message, Lin Xun did some mental preparation. It's hard to say why, but his current state of mind was similar to when he was a child and he had messed up something but did not dare to tell his family.

But in the end, he still dialed Dong Jun's number.

"What's up?" Dong Jun's voice was low and gentle, and based on the sound in the background, he should be in the car.

"I," Lin Xun paused and decided to make the long story short. "I broke my leg."

Then he closed his eyes and waited for the criticism.  

This was really his fault, and he would not be happy if he were in Dong Jun's place. Imagine, you had just sent your boyfriend home, and it hasn't even been a day since you parted with one another, yet he ends up crippling himself after he went outside.

This may also be because of his own character. He was quite obsessed with whether something was done well or not, and accidentally breaking his leg today was indeed an oversight because of his own haste.

Well, he could deceive others, but he couldn't do this to Dong Jun.

Dong Jun remained silent for a few seconds. 

"Is it a fracture?" The next second, his voice was transmitted through the phone, his speech was faster than usual. "Have you gone to the hospital? Where are you now?"

"It's just dislocated," Lin Xun said, "it's better now, just a little strained, but I can't walk."

"Are any of your friends around?"

Lin Xun, "No."

"I'll come pick you up." Dong Jun's words were brief, but after a pause, he added, "Does it hurt?" 

"It's okay," Lin Xun, "It's not serious."

Dong Jun, "Wait for me for ten minutes."

The phone call ended, Luo sent the address, and then began talking to Dong Jun's AI—as if it hadn't said "so tired" earlier. Lin Xun turned his wheelchair to head out of the hospital lobby, thinking about how he would survive.

There were many gift shops and flower shops around the hospital, and he went to the nearest flower shop.  

The young lady in the store looked at him several times. "Sir, what do you want?"

Lin Xun had gotten used to being stared at since his childhood, but as long as it was not one of Dong Jun's wife-fans, he didn't care about it at all.

He looked around and finally bought a pretty rose; he only bought one because he thought a single rose looked good, any more would be too dense.

The girl smiled and wrapped the rose for him. She tied a light silver-gray ribbon, then handed it to him.   

Lin Xun took it and said thank you.

The young lady then talked to him, "Are you here to register? Is it convenient by yourself?"

Then she asked again, "May I push you out? The wheelchair is quite inconvenient."

"Thank you," Lin Xun said, "I'm just waiting for a friend."

The girl said, "Usually, people in shared wheelchairs like yourself are here to register for emergency care."  

"I don't think I need to." Lin Xun said, "I didn't break any bones. Are there many people who come here with broken legs?"

"Quite a lot." The girl laughed. "I see fifteen or sixteen people in a day with all kinds of injuries in front of the emergency room."

Lin Xun also laughed. "Then my case is not such a serious one."

The young lady then said, "Most still need a CT scan."

Lin Xun, "What are some of the reasons for a broken leg?" 

He sounded almost as if he was pleading when he said, "Miss, please help me think of one."

The girl laughed again. "Why do you want this?"

While they were talking, Lin Xun saw a person walking quickly towards where he was—this person was too conspicuous. When the perfectly proportioned upright body appears in anyone's field of vision, even if you had not yet seen the face, you'll still notice him.  

But the young lady didn't notice Dong Jun, she was concentrating on Lin Xun and was still talking and laughing.

"My boyfriend has come to pick me up, but I'm still talking to this young lady..." Lin Xun felt a little bit guilty and coughed.

The young lady, "What?"

Lin Xun, "My boyfriend is here." 

After saying that, he felt that for this current matter, he really should find a reliable person to ask for help, so he asked again, "I broke my leg, how can I explain this in such a way that he won't be angry?"

"Huh?" The young lady froze, and then smiled again; she should be a southerner, her voice had a hint of soft and sticky accent.

"If it's your boyfriend, how can he be angry?" She said, "He would just worry about you."    

As she spoke, Dong Jun had already walked up to them; the girl fell silent—that was normal; it usually took a while for people to react after they see Dong Jun's face.

Dong Jun looked at Lin Xun, or rather, it was more accurate to say that his eyes never looked at anything else from the beginning, he asked, "Which leg?"

"The right." Lin Xun said.

After saying that, seeing Dong Jun lean in slightly to tend to him, he grabbed Dong Jun's arm, his tone was a little panicked but determined. "No, no need to look at...."  

They were still outside, Dong Jun tried to go down on one knee to look at his leg—he felt it was bad for the image of the male god.

He held on Dong Jun's arm, tugging tightly; the latter did not continue his intended action, but looked deeply at him, and then glanced at the wheelchair, frowning.

Lin Xun also looked at the wheelchair, it was a weak little green thing, and a little old.

The next moment, Dong Jun leaned over—one arm going around behind Lin Xun's shoulder and another arm underneath Lin Xun's bent knees.

"Does it hurt?" Dong Jun asked gently.

Lin Xun shook his head, the dislocated part didn't hurt much since it was reset, it was the part below the knee that started to hurt.

—The next moment, Dong Jun carried him in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

215K 23.4K 30
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
3M 247K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
1.5M 90.5K 38
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
364K 22.8K 20
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...