A Vampire's Marine (boyxboy)

By DoUbLeZone

When a master class vampire decides he wants a certain marine by his side then nothing; not even that marine'... More

Author's Notes
Prologue: Departure.
Chapter 1: Battlefield
Chapter 2: Vamp moods
Chapter 3:Denial, Guilt, Shame...love.
Chapter 4: Kaio's Patient
Chapter 5: Before the present
Chapter 6: The flesh is weak.
Sneak Peek for Chapter 7
Chapter 7: Before the court.
Chapter 8: Decisions
Chapter 9: The spirit of the coven.
Chapter 10: Use of Force.
Chapter 11: His sick bed.
Chapter 12: Plans and Schemes
Chapter 13: Sleep deprived
Chapter 14: We need to talk.
Chapter 15: Recollections of the past.
Chapter 16: Snow White and My Prince.
Chapter 17: While you were away.
Chapter 18: The hunted.
Bonus chapter: Giving in.
Chapter 19: The shapes in the clouds.
Chapter 20: The Ant and his escort.
Chapter 21: Night Life.
Bonus Chapter: All good things must come to an end.
Chapter 22: Consequences.
Chapter 23: Plans and Schemes.
Chapter 24: Dear Rien.
Chapter 25: My brother; the snake.
Chapter 26: Low spirits all 'round.
Chapter 27: Breakfast routine
Chapter 28: Discovery bay.
Chapter 29 : In-flight
Chapter 29 continued...
Chapter 30: Human of the wolf pack.
Chapter 31: As he lay dying.
Chapter 32: My promise to the world.
Chapter 33: My brothers; his saviors.
Chapter 34: In transition
Chapter 35: My Keeper. My Savior. My King.
Chapter 37: Let us howl at the moon...
Chapter 38: Schemes and Plans
Chapter 39: Betrayal
Chapter 40: Some Are Born Great.
Chapter 41: What lies within
Mini bonus Chapter
Chapter 42: A little bit of your attention
Sneak Peek for chapter 43
Chapter 43: The blue room and the brothers.
Chapter 44: The Universe Has Won.
Chapter 45: Zahir
Chapter 46: The calm before the storm
Chapter 47: Immortality
Chapter 48: In the throes of war
Chapter 49: Target Practice
Chapter 50: Heir to the Throne
Chapter 51: Clandestine Lover
Chapter 52: First Son.
Chapter 53: Kandane
Chapter 54: The S.S. Christoah
Chapter 55: Primary Objective
Chapter 56: Damascus and Demetrius
Chapter 57: Our Future Together
Chapter 58: Sweet Mary
Chapter 59: Brother Dearest

Chapter 36: Soon it will pass...

36.6K 1.8K 309
By DoUbLeZone

Chapter

~Rien’s POV~

“We will strike when the moon is full. While my father holds court with his trusted few and while he does not expect it.” I spoke and they listened; the wolves and my brothers, hanging on to my every word as though what dripped from my tongue were the fruits of wizened thoughts.

“We will need to visit upon him with an army. Otherwise he will retaliate without thought.” Marcan added and I was in agreement.

“You say you can seek out the help of your lycanthrope allies.” I spoke now to the Alpha and his Beta and upon their affirmation, I continued. “Then you will need to make haste, for even as we speak, my father prepares to descend upon you.

“We’ll send word out to the other packs tonight. We’ll have an army when it’s time to make a move.”

I nodded.

“I will lead you inside the coven walls. We will be allowed to enter without question and my brothers shall lead you around the lands where you will surround them all. It is then that I will call upon my father and relay to him the situation.” I told them.

“Or we could just attack. Quick and easy. We’ll be in and out without much cause for concern.” The Beta interrupted.

“No.” I told him. “I will not allow my people to be slaughtered without first giving them the choice to join me.” I was firm, and on this point, he conceded.

“Alright and if your father doesn’t listen to reason, then what?”

“Then I shall try my hand at persuading my people to join me. They will be given two choices: Join me or flee. If they are foolish enough to accept neither, then of course it stands to reason that they will fight with my father, and if they do so, they will die.”

“Just like that huh?” The Beta interrupted once more. “You’ll just cut down your own people?”

“Would you rather they massacre your people? Slaughter your innocent and take control of your territory? Because I can assure you that that is what you will face if they are not dealt with.”

The Alpha shifted in his position at the front of the room. His arms were folded before him, his legs set apart and his expression hard. “And what about your father? I’m guessing if it comes down to it, you’ll want to deal with him yourself?”

I could not help but smile, though it was without mirth. “No. Do with him what you will. He is far from worth my attentions.” I told him. “But there will be one who will stand by him; my brother Kandane. You will recognize him from his resemblance to my brothers.”

“Okay, what about him?” The Beta questioned.

“He is not to be harmed.”

The Alpha nodded. “Then we’ll do all we can to make sure he isn’t.”

“Thank you, young Alpha and while you fight alongside us, we will protect your kind in any way we can.” I told him truthfully. “This war— if it does come to past, will not be without bloodshed, I hope this is something you have come to terms with.”

“War is war. It’s the same no matter how many time’s it’s fought right? Lives are lost and no one really wins.” The Alpha pronounced wisely and once again I smiled.

“It seems you have seen much war in your lifetime.”

He nodded. “I’ve seen my fair share.”

“Then it is my hope that you will live past this one.”

He nodded, though his expression did not change.

“I’ll call a meeting with my pack in the courtyard at midnight. I’ll fill them in on what’s going on and you and your brothers will be introduced. Try to get there on time.”

“Of course.”

“If there’s nothing else, I’ve got a lot to do…” The Alpha trailed off, his gaze holding my own.

I gestured to the door. “By all means, do not let me keep you.”

A moment later he and his Beta trailed out of the room and I was left alone, but for the presence of my brothers and my drudge.

“The filthy cur!” Marcan spat and I turned to him with a raised brow.

“I’ve always despised those damned beasts. Believing themselves to be entitled. Prancing about with that pathetic air of superiority, as though blood-drinkers are not good enough to grace the same space as they.” He ranted.

“Kaio.” I spoke and my drudge turned his gaze upon me.

“Walk with me.” I told him and when I turned to leave, he of course followed. I listened to the click of his feet on the stone floors and chose to drown out the sound of my brother’s cussing as I went.

Outside, the stars were high and bright in the sky. It was a shame that such a beautiful night was tinged with despair.

Kaio was silent as he walked by myside. Gone was the constant chattering that was part and parcel of his personality. He tended to become withdrawn whenever he believed I was upset with him and I suppose that in all honestly I was.

I had tasked him with keeping my Tony safe and he had instead chosen to use poor judgment.

“Tell me Kaio.” I began and not once did he look my way. Instead, his eyes remained glued to the ground, his shoulders stiff.

“Yes my lord?” he answered softly.

“Where are the guards I sent along with you to watch over Tony while he was away?”

This time he did look at me and his eyes were wide with his innocence and his fear.

“I know not my Lord. I had believed them to be there at the time, perhaps hiding amongst the trees as they sought to keep Tony safe, however when I called for them upon learning of Tony’s injury, they did not come to me.”

I nodded. “I see… and you did not think to report this to me at soonest?”

His eyes widened further. “I did not think my Lord. So focused was I on the events of the night that I had unconsciously removed them from my mind.”

“I see. And tell me again why it was that you were not there to prevent the arrow from piercing Tony’s flesh.”

He took a breath. “You had asked me to allow him to enjoy his stay my lord and I thought it would be best to give him as much space as possible.”

“You needn’t go as far as you did. He would not have known you were there if you had positioned yourself correctly. You would not have ruined his fun even if you were close by and had you been close by, perhaps all this could have been avoided.”

“I apologize my Lord. Of course I take full responsibility for his injuries.”

I looked away from him and up at the stars. We had paused in our walk and I allowed the faint night breeze to brush against my skin.

“It is Lord Christophe who is responsible. Were it not for Tony’s fondness of him he would now be but a pile of ash.”

“Lord Christophe does care for him my Lord. He would not intentionally harm your Tony.”

“No matter. He is to be blamed and some way or another, he will be punished for his crimes against my mate.”

“Will I too be punished my Lord?” he questioned quietly. “For I will accept it with—”

“It seems you have punished yourself enough.” I told him and it was true that he had, for Kaio took nothing lightly— not his duty and not his failure to carry it out.

I placed a hand on his shoulder and he looked away. “Go and comfort your mate Kaio. He has not taken his brother’s injury well.”

“And you my lord? Will you seek to comfort your own mate this night?” he asked with a quick glance my way.

“Perhaps at a later time. I must speak with Lord Nathaniel.” I told him and with a nod and a bow, he left me.

At that moment a chorus of howls rent the air and I looked to the sky, wishing that I too could howl at the stars. Sometimes it was not easy being so contained. At times even a blood drinker of the Master class wished for a way to release his pain, but I would remain forever composed. After all, it was expected of me and if I were to breakdown, then from where would my Tony gather his strength?

………………………………….

I met with Nathaniel just beyond the camp gates, under the cover of night.

“My sources tell me that nothing has changed since our departure. It would seem your father suspects nothing.”

“Very good and what of my bothers’ absence? Has it caused much talk?”

 “Not that I was made aware of. Perhaps they provided a good tale with regards to their absence. Not a leaf seems to have been stirred in the coven.”

I nodded. “That is good to hear.”

“I am afraid however, that I have not yet heard word of your guards. It is as though they have simply vanished.”

“No. it is never so complicated. I believe they may have betrayed me and are in hiding.”

His brows furrowed. “I have never heard of any soul brave enough to betray you.”

I glanced into the trees as a squirrel ran across a limb. “Times have changed, I suppose.” When I glanced back at him, he seemed troubled. “What is it Nathaniel?”

“I suppose you could say that I wish for the days when life was easier. When I lived in the coven without a worry.”

“Yes. Those were better days, but now is not the time to dwell on the past. Find the guards and question them using whatever means you choose.”

“I will.” He turned to leave.

“Nathaniel?”

He glanced my way. “Do no tarry.  Time is not something we have on our side.”

“Of course.” And with a nod, he darted into the thick underbrush that would take him far away from this place.

I took a step toward the gates, fully prepared to visit with my mate for the night, when my incisors lengthened and a wave of lightheadedness overcame me.

I was starving. It had been too long since I last fed. I took a breath, a hand on the bark of the tree for balance. I could not visit with Tony in this state.

The wolves had banned the consumption of humans in the surrounding towns. It would therefore take me at least an hour before I found myself another town where fresh meat walked. An hour if I ran.

So I ran.

…………………………………..

“I must admit. Human behavior has always puzzled me.” I said as I approached my prey. “Every night your news is delivered to you on your fancy screens. News that speaks of kidnapping, rape and murder, yet you lot continue to risk your lives by traversing the streets alone at night.”

The woman backed away from me as I approached. I found it strange that she did not scream out, though fear was perhaps the driving force behind her silence. Her eyes were wide and tear-filled. Her hands shook and her lips trembled as she watched my approach, backing up until the wall hindered her movement.

Still I approached. “It is not bravery you know.” I told her. “Your actions can only be described as utter stupidity, but perhaps after tonight you will have learned to remain indoors at such an ungodly hour. It is not safe for women…in fact, it is unsafe for any human.” I explained and finally, when I grew tired of lecturing her, I pounced and for the first time since I had cornered her in the alleyway, she screamed. A blood curdling sound that traveled with the breeze and would have woke any household...if any such thing was nearby.

I was careful not to hurt her too much as I sank my teeth into her warm neck and oh, her blood was heavenly; warm and rich; just the way I liked it. As I sucked down the warn liquid, eventually her screams died and soon she was only a whimpering mess, trapped between a wall and...well…me.

I drank until I was somewhat satiated and I lifted her into my arms when she fell unconscious, her soft breathing, the only sound that could be heard. I walked a short distance before depositing her onto the steps of a closed hardware store, then I healed her ripped neck and went on my way.

…………………………………………

~Tony’s POV~

Holy fuck, I hurt.

Everything hurt; my throat, my legs, my fingers and Jesus; my chest. It felt like someone had shoved a burning poker through my chest and was still twisting and turning; waiting for me to cry out for them to stop and holy shit, I did.

I cried out for it to stop until the pain forced my eyes open and I was staring at the ceiling of a dark, unfamiliar room. I gasped for breath and my chest erupted with what had to be fire. Nothing else could burn like this. Nothing else could hurt like this, but when I slapped a hand against my chest, there was only skin—No flames, not scorching heat, just painful chest and cold sweat.

I rolled onto my stomach, praying that the movement would ease the pressure, but it only seemed to grow worse and I cried out, calling for help from whoever chose to help me.

Anyone. Anyone.

I rolled again and sat up, clutching my chest. The world around me spun and my vision blurred. I had to make it stop. If I could just get help.

I swung my feet over the edge of what I realized for the first time was a bed and a moment later, my feet touched the cold, hard floor.

When I stood upright, the pain magnified and a wave of dizziness took hold of me and left me gasping for air.

Something was wrong with me. Really wrong.

Through the fogginess of my vision I saw a door and I took a step towards it, then another, but I couldn’t take a third. In fact, I couldn’t move a muscle as I felt the agony consume me. There was nothing I could do but stand there and gulp in air. I felt the wetness trickle from my eyes and a moment later, I heard a shout, just as my knees buckled.

I waited for my impact with the floor, but it didn’t come. Instead I felt arms around me, holding me up and for a second I looked up and saw an unfamiliar face.

“I’ve got you,” the voice assured me and a moment later the darkness came to meet me.

………………………………………….

~Rien’s POV~

I knew something was wrong the moment I stepped foot inside the large metal gates that enclosed the wolf camp. There was a certain tension in the air; an almost fretful sorrow that I could sense coming from somewhere among these souls and it left me with an odd sense of foreboding.

I did not pause, did not stop to wonder about the feeling. Instead I took a direct route to the medical center. The closer I got to the building, the more the feeling grew and when I burst through the doors of the center, it was to see a group of familiar faces standing around the bed of my beloved. The Alpha and his Beta were present, as was the Beta’s mate. I saw a young wolf I did not recognize and in one corner stood Kaio and Malik.

They all glanced my way when I entered, but I could not register the emotions on their faces. I could not stop to take the time out to analyze them when my mate lay upon his sheets, his eyes finally and blessedly open, but his face as pale as the pillow on which he rested his head.

The doctor was bent over him and upon my approach, he straightened to look at me.

“I’ve tried everything I can, but…his pain…there’s nothing I can do to reduce it.”

“Rien.” I heard the shaking voice of my Tony and I looked upon his face. I saw his fear, I saw his agony and his desperation.

I approached him cautiously, lowering myself into the chair by his side before I took hold of his hand.

It was cold to the touch; cold and weak as it lay limp in my own.

“Rien I can’t...” he trailed off as his lips trembled and I watched him grit his teeth as he fought to keep it together.

He was hurting. Anyone in this room could see it, yet he fought to keep it hidden. My warrior, my brave warrior.

“I know you hurt my love, but I swear to you. It will pass.”

“If you could just….Your blood, please I just need—”

“I have tried Tony. It will not lessen your pain.”

For a moment he closed his eyes and for the first time I noticed his shallow breathing, as though he believed that breathing any deeper would worsen his aching.

He made a pained sound, then gritted his teeth. Even at a time like this he was too prideful to let others see him hurt. It was a devastating thing to watch and I thought of how cruel it was to allow him to continue to hide when he was already dealing with so much.

I turned to the witnesses. “Leave us.”

At first I expected opposition, if from no one but the wolves but after only brief pause, they did as I asked and finally we were alone. “It is only we who remain here my love.” I assured him then and it was as though it had been exactly what he had needed in that moment, for he released a breath and with it came a pained cry.

“Something’s wrong Rien. Just…just one drop please!” He begged me and when I once again sought to explain, he gripped my hand, nails biting into my flesh.

“RiRi please…Please…”

I bit into my wrist without another word and even while knowing it would do nothing to help him, I allowed him to drink, to drink until he too realized how useless it all was and finally rolled unto his side, clutching at his chest as the pain wracked his frail human body.

“Soon it will pass. I swear it!”

 So I told him; again and again, but time passed and when he realized that the pain would not ebb…not even for a brief moment, the worse it became for him, until finally, he could hold it in no longer and he screamed and screamed. So loud, I thought he would soon lose his voice. So loud that I had no doubt the camp was brought alive by the sounds alone. So loud, that the sounds of it burrowed into my mind and I knew I would remember it forever.

 Still he screamed and as his agony grew, he writhed and cursed and wept, until I placed my fingers strategically against his neck and pressed down until he fell unconscious.

It was only then that all was silent and even then—his whimpers could be heard while he slept.

                                          AUTHOR'S NOTES

ENJOY!

-DoUbLe.A

-unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 452 36
"Don't ever think that we're friends." Avyugh gritted. "Aw, I thought we were past that," Alarion grinned, taking up Avyugh's space. "I will make yo...
1.4M 46.6K 89
"You are a long way from home, little wolf." "Stay back, I am not afraid of you." "Oh but you should be wolf, I can be your worst nightmare." He took...
39.4K 1.3K 34
In which Alexia Kirby will meet a girl with beautiful blue eyes, only to find out it's the same girl her brother is always talking about. Will Alexia...
7.5K 327 7
Tvd x to x tw In which the Scooby gang, the Mikaelson's and the pack watch the life of Charlotte Stilinski. The biological daughter of Derek Hale and...