The Traveller

By Firehedgehog

The Multiverse died. It shook. It wailed. Everything died lost to the endless void. Two survived changed, now... More

Prologue: We Watched it Die
Chapter One: White Error's
Chapter Two: Meetings and Libraries
Chapter Three: Dream a Potter
Chapter Four: Here be Dragons
Chapter Five: Fated
Chapter Six: In The Dark
Interlude: Its the end as you know it
Chapter Seven: Cycle of a curse
Chapter Eight: Blotchless
Chapter Nine: You are Error... no not you
Chapter Ten: Blotchless Return
Chapter Eleven: Eat me Break me Take My soul
Chapter Twelve: Who would care
Chapter Thirteen: Return of Dragons
Chapter Fourteen: Bug
Chapter Fifteen: Finality
Chapter Sixteen: A matter of falling Part One
Chapter Sixteen: A matter of falling Part Two
Chapter Seventeen: A Child among Monsters
Chapter Eighteen: Bittersweet
Chapter Nineteen: Mangled Dustberry
Chapter Twenty: A Fox In Strings Part 1
Chapter Twenty: A Fox In Strings Part 2
Chapter twenty-One: Those that Return
Chapter twenty-two: Trollish Visits
Chapter Twenty-Three: Return to Eat me Break me Take My soul
Chapter Twenty-Four: Traveller's fall
Chapter Twenty-Five: The End's Destroyer
Interlude: Fragments
Chapter Twenty-Six: A Puppet the Mask hides
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Oh little Dragon child
Interlude: Multiverse Forgotten
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Keep Doctor's away
Chapter Thirty: Memoir
Chapter Thirty-One: A bit of help
Chapter Thirty-Two: More then One type of Traveller
Chapter Thirty-Three: Awakening
Chapter Thirty-Four: Up to Karma
Interlude: Maybe time for a break...
Chapter Thirty-Five: Karma
Interlude: More Fragments
Chapter Thirty-Six: Stories Lost
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Lets never ever talk about this EVER!
What if: Lets never ever talk about this EVER!
Chapter Thirty-eight: A Soul Indeed
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Breath of Choice
Chapter Forty: Titan
Interlude: Storm
Chapter Forty-One: to Heal
Chapter Forty-two: Memories of Yesterday Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: Memories of Yesterday Part Two
Interlude: Spite
Chapter Forty-Three: Scenic Banter
Chapter Forty-Four: Purrr
Chapter Forty Five: Not Done Playing part one
Chapter Forty Five: Not Done Playing Part Two
Chapter Forty Five: Not Done Playing Part Three

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Insurgence

442 40 0
By Firehedgehog

lately ChaosDancer12 has been on a pokemon kick, shes mostly posted it on ao3 and its called' Shadows Of Insurgence' so I was thrilled to co-write this chapter with her, maybe if were lucky she'll bring it to wattpad also.

"Pokemon?" Traveller said looking over this place's codes, what was with him coming across non Undertale multiverses lately? Frowning he looked at the codes, it was yet another place where he'd be forced to look like a human.

((What do you think?)) Goth asked.

(It's something new, so sure!) Palette replied.

With that, they vanished through the entrance to this place, only to crash into a tree.

Bad spawn spot.

CRASH

"Ow...." Traveller said for dramatic effect, in an overly dry voice.

They had landed close to a town, they weren't close enough for anyone to hear them crashing into the tree, but they were close enough to see the town itself, a town that seemed to be preparing for a festival.

But there was someone walking through the town, someone that had seen the rustle in the trees, from their crash, and they froze... No... Please... Did they already found out that they had escaped?

They took a deep breath, and they left the town, walking towards the rustling tree... They had to make sure that whatever had crashed into the tree wasn't going to hurt them...

"I'm okay." Traveller said sitting up, brushing tree bits and dirt off of themselves.

They slowly walked closer to the tree... Their hands were trembling, and they were tightly holding onto the scarf that they were wearing...

"Wait... where are my glasses?!" Traveller said, and he began to dig through the underbrush for the golden sunglasses gifted to him by Fresh 404.

They tilted their head when they got close enough to see what had crashed into the tree... It was a kid?

"Ah ha!" Traveller cried, finding the object, he quickly cleaned them and he placed them over his ever changing eye.

A kid wasn't a member of their group, right? They gulped, and they carefully stepped on a twig on the floor of the forest, making it snap.

Traveller blinked and he looked up, a girl could be seen about twenty feet away.

"Hello, name's Traveller. You from the town nearby?" He asked, cheerfully, pointing to the town that he'd seen before.

She shook her head.

"That's fine, I'm only a bit lost." Traveller chirped, after all, he'd definitely opened the door to the wrong spot. "What's your name?" He continued, as he got to his feet and out of the underbrush.

The girl pulled out something that looked like a phone, and she typed something into it, and the device spoke. "Shadow..."

"Pretty name." Traveller said, cheerfully "Hey, the town over there looks like it's having a festival starting.. I think that I even see a fairground. Want to go, my treat?"

"I don't think that's a good idea... They seem to be using it to honour a person called the Augar... And they're still setting up for it... And when I arrived, this kid assumed that I was here to help them get ready for it... And at that time, I had just gotten out of a bad place..."

"Geeze, that was one rude kid. I guess that we're not going then, I can have my own fun.." Traveller mused, thoughtfully.

"Yeah..." He didn't look like he was a member of that group... Could she trust him? "Hey... What's fun?"

"Well, picnics, games, campfires, swimming, if the people want to. But I bet a picnic would work, to start.." Traveller said brightly, he was having a lot of picnics lately.

"What's a picnic?"

"What... really?!" Traveller said, in shock, now then, this had to be fixed.

"Yes... Really... I don't know what that is..." Shadow frowned as she looked at the ground.. It wasn't her fault that she didn't remember what a picnic was...

"Well,a picnic is where you have a blanket, and you eat food with friends or family. It's nice, you can do it a lot when you're on the road, or camping. I have food and a blanket if you want to, or.. we could have a wild picnic. I call it that because you gather the soils of nature and prepare them once you have enough." Traveller explained, he could easily do a wild picnic, as he could see a lot of wild onions, berries and other foods in the area around them.

"Can we try both of them?"

"Sure, we can gather wild foods first. Do you know what they look like, I can teach you if you want me too, as not all of them are noticeable." Traveller asked, take those wild carrots for an example, as they looked very different from garden grown ones, before they were picked.

"No... But I would love to learn what they look like..."

"Alright, as it is, we have quite a local selection of root veggies in this area." Traveller said, skipping, and about fifteen feet away from them, a large gathering of wild onions, garlic and carrots grew. Probably, sometime in the past, someone, or something, had a stash here that had gone to seed, or they stolen it from a garden that went wild after many years.

He plopped down near the ground, waiting for Shadow to come over so he could show her their natural looks before he picked them.

She followed him, and she sat down next to him. She had a childish look in her eyes, and a huge smile on her face.

Gently, he walked her through the process of identifying nature's bounty, and how to pick and clean them, and just how much of it was safe for her to take, and leave enough for wildlife. And before he knew it, he had her at a picnic blanket, with some of his food supplies out, and he was showing her how to prepare them into healthy filling meals, he had even crafted a small sheltered fire to make a few quick foods.

Literally everything that you could get in nature, but he did provide some other goodies, and bread, to make sandwiches.

Shadow was smiling and she was asking him questions about the foods that he was making, and questions about the fire and the sandwiches.

"And now, we can eat." Traveller said, with a grin, gazing at her softly through his golden shades.

"Yay!" Shadow had a huge smile on her face.

Traveller gave a hum and he started nibbling on a bit of each, he wasn't too hungry but.. Shadow was much too thin and she clearly hadn't been eating well, or sleeping well.

Shadow giggled as she started to munch on the food that they had made together... She was so happy, and the food was so yummy!

"Oh..." Traveller said, he hadn't realized that it had gotten so late, or so dark. He could hear excitement from the nearby town, and a certain fizzle sound... He would enjoy this and their spot had a good view of the sky.

Shadow tilted her head, when she heard the fizzle sound.

A blast filled the air, with fizzling bright light exploding into dazzling images.

"Fireworks, always a blast." Traveller said, cheerfully.

Shadow's eyes got wider, when she saw the fireworks. "They're so pretty..."

"Pretty to watch from far away, we really do have the best spot." Traveller said, laying down on the picnic blanket, there were trillions of stars in the night sky, and a fireworks show to make it even nicer.

Shadow blinked, and she lied down, on the picnic blanket.

The show was ending when a soft sound caught Traveller's attention, and when he turned around, he saw that Shadow was fast asleep as exhaustion had finally caught up to her. Smiling, he created a blanket from his magic, it seemed to shift to one color to another, depending on how bits of light hit it. Gently, he tucked her in, enjoying the silence in the air now that the fireworks were over.

Humming softly, he pulled a backpack from his item space, and he carefully packed some of his many extra travel supplies for cooking and travelling. He couldn't do much here, and while he was powerful, he couldn't do much in this multiverse.

But he could do what he could for someone that needed his help... He could sense that Shadow had a long journey ahead of her...

"Good journey Shadow." He whispered kissing her forehead, like a parent would kiss the forehead of a child.

Then, in a swirl of his wing's he was gone.

The only trace he'd been there, was a picnic blanket, a comfy sleeping blanket, and a backpack that would hold a lot more than it seemed.

Shadow silently hummed in her sleep, and she snuggled the blanket that had been wrapped around her. She would wake up, the next morning, to see what Traveller had left for her, and she would smile...

She had a feeling, that in the end, everything was going to be okay...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 87 15
Encre (Ink) escapes his crumbling universe with the help of Nightmare. He meets new friends and a new life is chosen for him what will become of the...
635 5 10
Taking place after DUSTED, weeks pass by after Beelzebub has been defeated, and it seems like everything has now become peaceful, for a very long tim...
26.4K 567 103
I DO NOT OWN FORMER TIME TRIO, THIS IS A FANFIC! The owner of FTT is unknown but most likely Redrum. The human. It was all the human's fault. Everyth...
41.4K 984 21
Palette and Goth just got together~ Yay! But Cray comes in. Oh no. Basically your typical love triangle but with a twist. ;) POTH STUFF- I haven't wr...