๐•ญ๐–‘๐–”๐–”๐–‰ ๐•ฟ๐–—๐–†๐–Ž๐–™๐–”๐–—'๐–˜...

By _Mini_Padfoot_

Carina Marlene Black, a sweet and innocent girl, is raised in a orphanage. One day, she is reunited with her... More

CAST
Prologue
Act 1: Prisoner Of Azkaban
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Act 2: Order of the Phoenix
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter Four

1.1K 26 13
By _Mini_Padfoot_

"YOU CHEATING SCUM!" Lee Jordan was howling into the megaphone. Carina slightly cringed. She had never bothered to spectate a Quidditch match before, but came to watch her best friend play today.

It all seemed like unnecessary chaos and, violence in a sense. The game was getting dirtier by each second, and the latest trick had been put into action by none other than Draco, who pulled Harry back by his Firebolt, letting the Golden Snitch vanish once again.

After Alicia took Gryffindor's penalty (and missed by several feet due to her anger) the game resumed.

"Slytherin in possession, Slytherin heading for goal - Montague scores-" Lee groaned. "Seventy - twenty to Gryffindor."

Carina could see that Harry was now marking Draco so closely their knees kept hitting each other.

"Get out of it, Potter!" Carina could faintly hear Draco saying. She sighed, knowing the rivalry between the two may never cease, but she forbade her best friend many times regarding his rude behaviour towards his peers, and apparently Draco Malfoy is too stubborn to heed a word.

"Angelina Johnson gets the Quaffle for Gryffindor, come on, Angelina, COME ON!" Every single Slytherin player apart from Draco, even the Slytherin Keeper, was streaking up towards Angelina - they were all going to block her-

Carina saw Harry wheeling his Firebolt about, bent so low he was laying flat along the handle and heaved it forwards. Like a bullet, he shot towards the Slytherins.

"AAAAAAARRRGH!" All the Slytherins scattered as the Firebolt zoomed towards them; Angelina's way was clear.

"SHE SCORES! SHE SCORES! Gryffindor lead by eighty points to twenty."

Carina was bored out of her mind, eagerly waiting for the game to complete. She perked up as her wish seemed to be coming true, as her eyes followed Draco, who was diving, a look of triumph on his face - there, a few feet above the ground below, was a tiny golden glimmer. Harry could be seen urging his broom downwards, but Draco was miles ahead.

Carina was up on her feet, as excitement coursed through her body at this final moment, she cheered loudly, earning a few looks from nearby Gryffindors.

Harry was flat on his broom handle as he shortened the distance between the Slytherin Seeker and himself. Both were level to level. Seizing the chance, Harry threw himself forwards, hands off his broom. Carina saw him knock Draco's hand out of the way (causing her to feel a bit disappointed) and-

"YES!" The stadium exploded as Harry's hand shot up in victory, the snitch enclosed. Wave upon wave of crimson supporters was pouring out of the barriers and onto the pitch.

Carina patiently waited for the crowd to disperse onto the pitch, before letting her two feet carry her towards Draco, who was grumpy like his team, about the loss of the match, and were headed for the changing rooms, glaring at the crowd of Gryffindors on the other side of the pitch who were celebrating the win of the Quidditch Cup.

"Draco!"

His head whipped around for the source of the voice. Locking his grey eyes with Carina's brown ones, his face slightly brightened.

"What are you doing here? You filthy little mudblood!" A Slytherin said, glaring at Carina with hatred like the rest of his team.

Draco's face hardened, anger blazing through his eyes. He spun around to face the rest of the team.

"Listen here Flint. I won't hear a word against her. She isn't like the rest of those Gryffindors." Flint, looking like he wanted to say more, merely stormed off, the rest of the team in tow. Draco was fuming. Carina put a hand on his shoulder, squeezing it reassuringly. Draco visibly relaxed, and turned slowly to face the Gryffindor.

"Ri, I'm sorry for what he said and-"

Carina raised a hand to beckon him to stop. She merely smiled. "It's alright, it didn't hurt me. Thanks for the concern. Now," her eyes narrowed at the boy, as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Why did you have to play dirty?

He only shrugged in response. "Well, it was the final match and we had to win, so that's why basically."

Carina sighed, letting her arms drop to her side. "Listen, Coco-"

"COCO?!" Draco yelled, revolted by the name. "That sounds terrible! Don't you ever call me that again!"

Carina grinned. "Aw, did I hurt itty bitty baby Draco's feelings?" she said in a whiny voice, mocking him, earning an eye roll from him.

"Anyways, Ri, I'm going to go change. Meet me later?"

Carina gently smiled and nodded, and watched Draco's retreating figure.

***

June had dawned upon everyone, meaning final exams. Carina and Draco spent the majority of their time together studying due to Carina's constant insistence ("Studying won't kill you Draco! It'll improve your chances of doing well on the exams!")

Before they knew it, exam week had begun and it definitely took a toll on everybody. Transfiguration was on Monday morning, in which one of the tasks was to transform a teapot into a tortoise. Carina's tortoise looked exceptionally well, except for the fact it seemed to have a part of the handle.

After a hasty lunch, it was straight back upstairs for the Charms exam. A Cheering Charm was to be performed, and Carina was partnered up with Hermione, a kind, know-it-all, who both excelled the charm unlike Harry, who caused Ron to go into fits of hysterical laughter due to which Ron was moved away to a quiet room for a whole hour, before he himself could perform the Charm.

After dinner, the students hurried back to their common rooms, not to relax, but to start revising for Care of Magical Creatures, Potions and Astronomy.

The first exam the next morning was Care of Magical Creatures. Hagrid's exam was by far the easiest, which was to keep the Flobberworm alive at the end of an hour. Carina simply sat staring at the Flobberworm, which was squirming around, bored out of her mind.

Potions was that afternoon. Being one of Carina's strong subjects, even if the teacher is cold towards everyone except his Slytherins, she managed to brew a Confusing Concoction with ease.

Afterwards at midnight, it was up to the tallest tower of Hogwarts for Astronomy. Wednesday morning was the History of Magic exam, in other words the class of boredom, and Carina hoped she'd passed, considering she didn't seem to recall much, partly because Professor Binns bored her to sleep in his lessons. Herbology was that same afternoon, unfortunately under the baking hot sun in the greenhouses.

Thursday was Defence Against the Dark Arts. Professor Lupin had compiled the most unusual exam any of them had ever taken; a sort of obstacle course outside, where they had to wade across a deep paddling pool containing a Grindylow, cross a series of potholes full of Red Caps, squish their way across a patch of marsh, ignoring the misleading directions from a Hinky-punk, then climb into an old trunk and battle a new Boggart.

Carina had surprised herself by how she had excelled in the exam. The Boggart had almost thrown her off, seeing it had transformed into Draco, who claimed he'd faked their friendship. The words had pierced Carina's heart like a knife, but she shook the hurt off quickly afterwards, by reminding herself that this is a Boggart. ("Excellent, Carina" Lupin muttered)

After a less stressful lunch, Carina headed for Professor Trelawney's class like her fellow Gryffindors for the Divination exam. A queue of people stood outside the classroom, shortening slowly. As each person climbed back down the silver ladder, the rest of the class hissed, "What did she ask? Was it OK?" But they all refused to say anything.

Before Carina knew it, she was climbing up the ladder into the warm, stuffy classroom. The room was dark because the curtains were closed, the fire was alight, and the usual sickly scent was in the air. Professor Trelawney was sitting at a table with a large crystal ball in front of her.

"Good day, my dear," she said softly. "If you would kindly gaze into the Orb... take your time, now... then tell me what you see within it..."

Carina bent over and stared into the crystal ball, hoping with all her might she may see something. At first, nothing appeared and Carina was concocting up a story to tell, but then something happened. A dark shape was forming.

"Uh, I think I see something." she said. "Like a silhouette?" Carina uttered in confusion.

"What does it resemble?" whispered Professor Trelawney. "Think, now..."

Carina focused harder, and the shadow became a bit more clear, shifting into a person, a man to be precise.

"Uh, it seems to be a person, possibly male."

"Look harder, my dear, what else do you see?"

The figure morphed more, protruding curly shoulder-length hair and baggy robes. The face, however, remained unfocused. Carina felt a familiarity about the person, but she couldn't pinpoint who.

"The person has hair reaching above their shoulders, and really loose clothes." Carina stated.

"Can you see who it is? Look harder."

Carina did as she was instructed and stared harder, and harder, but nothing new emerged. With a sigh she said, "No, I can't see anything else."

"Well, dear, I think we'll leave it there... a bit disappointed near the end but I know you tried your best."

Brows furrowed together, Carina got up and slowly descended into the hallway, and walked away, lost deep within her thoughts.

Why did the figure seem familiar? Where have I seen this person before? 

Hey!

Here was the next chapter of "Blood Traitor's Daughter." Not much but oh well, at least year three is almost finished, another chapter or two until then. Hopefully it was an alright read at least, and yeah. 

Question: 

What's your favourite Malfoy line?

I have a few including "It's killed meh!" and "My father will hear about this!" and "Practising for the ballet, Pottah?!" 

Have a good day Potterheads!

Mini-Padfoot

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.2K 62
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
137K 4.9K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
1.3M 56.7K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC