The Apprentice || Anakin Skyw...

By and-the-children-too

ON HOLD Living on Tatooine for eleven years as a slave under the ownership of Watto has been something close... More

Authors Note
1-Hope
2-No Turning Back
3-You Own It
4-Savior
5-Weak
6-Serene
7-Unprofessional
8-Intoxicatingโ€ข
9-Devil In My Ear
10-Adventurous
11-Consequences
12-So Far Gone
13-Heโ€ข
14-Knows No Bounds
15-Revenge is Sweetโ€ข
16-Anya
17-Jealous
18-Everything
19-So Closeโ€ข
20-A Life for a Life
21-Unforgivable
22-Milo
23-Just A Dreamโ€ข
24-Soulmate
25-Shoot To Kill
26-Only For Youโ€ข
27-Hunt
28-Wrong Thingsโ€ข
29-I Trust You
30-One More Time
31- Silenced
32-I'm Taking It
33-Snips
34-Lost
35-Beautiful Stranger
36-Irreplacable
37-Unnatural
38-Wickedly Inhumane
39-Dinner Time
40-A Ghost
41-Natural
42-I'm Proud of Youโ€ข
43-More Than Helpfulโ€ข
44-I Always Keep My Word
45-Feeling Guiltyโ€ข
46-Unimaginable Fearโ€ข
47- Seal the Deal
48-A Little Bit of Hope
49-Loopholes
50-Skywalkerโ€ข
51-Red
52-Immortal Inevitable
53-Butterflyโ€ข
54-Traitor
55-No One and Nothing
56-Generous Offer
57-Abeloth's Cageโ€ข
58-Close Your Eyes
59-Because of You
61-The Apprentice of Darth Vader
62-For Good
63- Patience
64 - Leia
65 - Power and Control
66 - Demand
67 - Lux Bonteri
68 - Kidnapping
69 - You Will
70 - Mercy
71 - Human
72 - A Fraction
73 - I'm Coming For You
74 - The Jedi Way
75 - Anakin

60-Dangerous Combination

4.1K 139 144
By and-the-children-too

2.2k words
༻✦༺

Maul's POV
The first thing that Rex said when I told him about his best friends fate, after having a small breakdown, was 'tell me what I need to do'. Granted, I had no idea what he could possibly do to help me in that moment. But once I told him what Kenobi was asking of me - it was him who came up with this plan.

I was nervous about it, there was a lot at risk; Kenobi escaping for real, and the possibility of Rex not making it out alive if that snake got the upper hand. Vader and (y/n) both would fucking kill me if either of those came true, and can you imagine what they would do if both came true under my watch? I'd be chained up to the wall in Kenobi's place.

Which is one of the reasons why I've been freaking out after not hearing back from Rex in nearly ten minutes. One, I actually find him to be tolerable, and two, I like me and I'd rather keep the limbs I have left.

"Rex, are you alright?" I spoke through the com-link for the hundredth time. I waited nervously for a response, and when I didn't get one - my worry increased, "Rex, If you're fucking dead I swear to the gods; once the Emperor kills me for getting you killed and letting Kenobi go - I'm going to search for you in the underworld, and then beat your ass." I threatened through clenched teeth.

As soon as I was about to speak again after more silence, I heard a deep chuckle through the small speaker, "The Emperor was right, you really are dramatic."

"You scared the hell out of me," I quickly sighed with relief at the sound of Rex's voice, "Is Kenobi dead?"

"Nearly," I heard the sound of groaning and choking through the com, "It was a shot to the chest, he has about a minute left until he's gone, but never mind that." The com went dead for a moment, then it picked back up again, "I'm sending you the coordinates that he had placed inside of the the GPS, meet me there as soon as you can. I'll need your help getting that droid from the rebels."

I nodded as I jogged to the ship I already had prepared for me, "On my way now, and can you do me a bit of a favor?"

"What's that?" He asked curiously.

"Please record him dying, I would love to have the opportunity to watch."

He chuckled, "I was already planning on it, I'm sure Anakin will want to see it too."

"Perfect," I ended the link, and began to rush up the ramp, but I paused at the sight of an annoying inconvenience in my pilot seat, "What are you doing here you snippy bit- or whatever they call you?" I folded my arms over my chest with a sigh.

She raised her brows as she crossed one of her legs over the other, "I saw you let Obi-Wan leave, what the hell is going on here?"

"None of your business, now move before I throw you out of here." I threatened with a huff.

She shrugged, a smirk appearing on her lips, "Go ahead, I'll just place a little call to Anakin," She lingered her finger on top of her com-link, threateningly, "And let him know what I just witnessed."

I sighed in annoyance as I tapped my foot impatiently; I didn't have time for this, "It was just a trick to gain some small intel. Rex was on that ship with him, and he got coordinates to find your old Masters droid."

She uncrossed her legs and stood up, "Artoo? Why would you want to get him?"

I shrugged as I glanced away from her eye contact, "Wedding present."

"You're lying," She pointed at me accusingly, "You're a terrible liar, and you always look away when you lie."

I rolled my eyes in response; I've been spending too much time with her. I preferred it when she couldn't stand to be around me.

I breathed out a deep sigh and decided to tell her the partial truth; she doesn't need to know the whole thing just yet, "I had a vision of Vader, or Anakin whatever you prefer to call him. And in this vision he dies in an explosion on the Death Star," I informed her and I watched as her eyes immediately watered. This is why I didn't want to be the one to tell her, crying makes me uncomfortable. What am I supposed to even do? Pat her on the head? "So we're getting that droid because he holds the Death Star's plans, and we need to get him away from the rebels. That way they never study the data tapes, and the explosion doesn't happen," I began to pat her on the head when I saw more tests fall, "So he won't die." 

It can't get simpler than that.

She nodded, blinking her tears away, "I'm going with you." She spun around and faced the front of the ship.

I groaned with slight aggravation; not that I don't enjoy her company - sometimes. But she's just not like the rest of us, "You can come, but I'm going to be killing a lot of rebels, like a lot maybe all of them if I'm lucky. With that being said, I don't want to hear you bitching your morals into my ear."

She inhaled and exhaled heavily, her breathing was shaking slightly, "That won't be an issue." She flicked her hand upwards, and the ramp to the ship began to close, "Let's go."

༻✦༺

(Y/n)'s POV
"You suck," I chuckled as my unskilled husband missed catching the small piece of fruit in his mouth, again.

He has the ability to lift an entire building with the flick of his finger, as well as raise his own fiancé from the underworld; yet the man can't catch a simple piece of fruit in his mouth without hitting his own face.

He grabbed the grape from his lap, where it landed, and popped it into his mouth with a smirk, "Not as much as you." He winked as he slowly chewed.

I shook my head in amusement, he always has something perverse to say, "So, I have a question for you." I grabbed my own grape and threw it into the air, expertly catching it as I've been doing all night. Anakin claims it's because I've 'had practice' catching things in my mouth. Once again, he always has his mind in the gutter.

"What is it?" He asked as he laid back on the blanket and gazed up at the starry sky.

I laid down next to him, and took in the beautiful image of the shining stars, "It's about Abeloth," I revealed, and I saw him from the corner of my eye as he turned his head to look at me, "What exactly is she capable of?"

"Why do you ask?" He questioned curiously.

Because I want to make a deal with her regarding  her release, in hopes of her killing death in order save your life, and I would like to know exactly what I'm unleashing onto the galaxy.

Simple.

I shrugged, "Well I'm the Empress of this galaxy now, and you did say she could break out one day and wreak havoc. I guess I'm just wondering how worried I should be." I somewhat lied, turning my head to meet his dubious gaze.

He looked back up to the night sky, and the moonlight made his crystal eyes sparkle enchantingly. He was so handsome, if we weren't already married; I'd marry him.

"Very worried," He finally responded after a small silence where I could practically hear the wheels in his mind turning, "Shes a woman with nothing to lose; that already is a dangerous combination," He folded his arms behind his head and used them as a pillow, "There's not a lot on her, it's as if the Ones were trying to erase her existence. So I don't know everything she's capable of," He shrugged," But what I do know is that she has the ability to manipulate the minds of force-sensitive beings. It's said that she would drive them insane before luring them to her; then she'd consume their souls to take their power for herself - making her stronger."

Still worth it, if it means saving you..

He side-glanced me for a moment, but said nothing before looking forward again, "And another rumor is that she can possess other peoples bodies. Apparently that's why she was so hard to throw in the cage the first time; they never knew who she was in." He continued, and I laid on my side with my head resting in my hand as I listened to his intriguing facts, "So for example, she could take over your body and pose as you for as long as she wants to, practically stealing your life." He looked at me with a hint of fear in his eyes, as if just thinking about something like happening was enough to feed his anxiety. Not that I blame him, he lost me once, so I'm sure the fear of it happening again is constantly there, "According to legends her true form is monstrous, and even traumatic for some to see. So she prefers to take on the identity of beautiful women."
(Not all of these facts are completely accurate, I tweaked it a bit to fit my story more.)

I smiled in hopes of cheering up his rising worry over the topic, plus I already heard all I needed to hear. So I'd rather sway from the this conversation before it somehow gets reversed back to me, and I'm asked questions I'd rather not answer. It already seems he was getting a little suspicious about my questions regarding her. And nearly flying to her cage earlier didn't help my case either.

"So, you think I'm beautiful?" I scooted closer to him, until I was able to straddle his hips. I gazed down at his lit up face as my hair flowed over my shoulders and lightly grazed his cheek.

He nodded; his hands caressing my hips, "I think you're extremely beautiful, too beautiful for this ugly galaxy."

I raised my brows as I trailed his pink lips with my fingertip, "Thats our galaxy you're talking about."

"I know," He shrugged with a sigh, "But it's not something I ever wanted."

I furrowed my brows, "You never wanted to be the Emperor?"

He shook his head, and I couldn't help be feel genuinely surprised, "All I cared about was ending the Jedi; the ones I blamed for the death of my mother. And I wanted to increase my knowledge and power of the force after Sidious promised to train me. But then things didn't go according to plan, and I kind of just got stuck with this job after murdering the last Emperor," He chuckled with a smirk.

"Then why keep the title?" I questioned curiously, "Why not give the opportunity to someone else."

He scoffed as if my words were completely preposterous, "I'll be damned if I bow to another again." He spat as his amber eyes glowed, "This way, they all bow to me now."

I leaned downwards and grazed my lips again his, and I instantly heard him let out a soft breath as he composed his anger, "But, will you bow for me my love?" I whispered seductively before giving him a light kiss that he returned, "I promise I won't treat you as others did." I echoed his words from the day he found before kissing him again.

I could feel him smiling into the kiss before we parted, "You're the one exception my Queen." He wrapped his hand around my neck gently before crashing my lips to his with more urgency.

I ran my hands through his hair as I lost myself in the touch of my amazing husband, that is until my attention was caught by a slight sound coming from straight in front of me.

I snapped my eyes opened without ending the kiss as I peered into the darkness.

It was dark when we arrived, but the later it got, the more sinister this place began to look. Not that I was afraid in the slightest, but any normal, sane person would be. The feeling this place was giving off was eerie, the atmosphere changed drastically and we were too caught up in each other to notice.

My glowing eyes gazed over the quiet field, even the flies that lit the night were gone, which was concerning; it means they fled.

Then my eyes landed on it, and my movements completely stopped, which Anakin took notice to, "What's wrong?" He asked as he tried to pry my gaze to look at him, but I didn't budge as I kept my eyes glued to another pair staring back, and they weren't human.

"Ani, we're not alone."

༻✦༺
Sorry for the cliffhanger hehe ♥️
Sorry if Obi-Wans death seems so sudden to some, but I actually feel like I've been leading up to it pretty well. He will have one last appearance in the next chapter, then bye bye sir, time to make room for the ACTUAL villain of the story.
And if you thought Obi-Wan was the villain of this story then LMAO he was just a stepping stone to get there 😎
༻✦༺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 44.9K 73
*Under Editing* (Anakin/Vader x Reader) In a galaxy where Darth Vader never lost his limbs or burned on Mustafar. He is at his peak of power and run...
117K 2.6K 48
You are a 21 year old girl, and a well-known and respected jedi among the republic. You loved your life, and the opportunity you had to help people a...
28.4K 799 28
Once a Jedi Knight, you have spent the past five years under the rule of the Empire as one of Darth Vader's Inquisitors, a man you have met only once...