My Precious Bird (Alma Peregr...

By pawsthec1

Caroline Dashwood escaped and saught closure in another loop. Here she found a new life, less strife and an o... More

Caroline's Time line And Facts
An Introduction
Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2: Alma Peregrine Prepares
Chapter 3: A Meeting With The Children
Chapter 4: A Late Night Conversation
Chapter 5: A Traumatic Dream
Chapter 6: A Traumatic Dream II
Chapter 7: A Traumatic Dream III
Chapter 8: An Early Morning Conversation
Chapter 9: A sunny morning
Chapter 10: A Walk In The Sunshine
Chapter 11: An Educational Discussion Of The Past
Chapter 12: A Special Gift For Claire
Chapter 13: A Night Of Bonding
Chapter 14: An Old Discovery
Chapter 16: A Night Of Discovery
Chapter 17: A Morning Of Discussion
Chapter 18: Answering Some Questions
Chapter 19: An Angry Owl
Chapter 20: A Sudden Spark
Chapter 21: An Apology

Chapter 15: A Visit From Minera Owl

1.1K 67 15
By pawsthec1

Caroline and Alma had at some point made it to the kitchen. Alma made porridge while Caroline prepared fruit and other things to go on top of each child's breakfast.

They moved around silently as neither of them had dared to speak much since their earlier conversation. As they moved around, they came close to bumping each other but they would always ignore the contact.

Both of them were stuck in their thoughts with the fact that they had actually made out with each other. To be completely honest, both of them were quite calm and content with their thoughts at the moment. This, of course, was ruined by the stampede coming down the stairs.

Caroline turned to Alma and watched as she looked out the window. Caroline leant on the counter behind her with a smile. "The children are waiting." Caroline continued to smile into her coffee while glancing at Alma every so often. "I'm aware." "shouldn't you go and eat breakfast with them?" "I want to make you're alright." "Why wouldn't I be?" "The fact that you're not looking at me says a whole lot."

Alma quickly spun around with inhumane which shocked Caroline.

"I'm scared." "Scared?" "We obviously forgot our time in school together for a reason. What if I did something wrong?" Caroline snorted before taking a sip, this confused Alma more than anything. "I highly doubt that." "Why?" "Well, you're you. You're the ever-perfect Alma Peregrine, I'm more likely to have done something wrong."

Alma watched Caroline's face as it turned from anger to sadness. Alma changed the subject. "So, Minera is due any minute now." "I know, she's staying for a week as well." "Another ymbryne, are you sure you will be able to handle two pretty around you?" "Alma!" "It was just a question."

They had slowly started moving closer together.

"Oh, I see, you're jealous that Minerva will steal my attention away from you." "I do not get jealous!" "Uh huh." They were getting closer again. "Just go and eat breakfast." "Not hungry." "Go." "You can't make me." Alma raised an eyebrow. "Is that a challenge." Caroline could feel Alma's breath on her face. "Yes?" Alma smirked which caused Caroline's blush to worsen. "My, where has your confidence gone?" "The same place my mind is." "The gutter?" "Absolutely..."

Alma leaned just that little bit closer which caused Caroline's breath to hitch. Alma smirked again before leaning in and kissing Caroline's cheek, completely ignoring her noises of protest.

Alma watched with amusement as Caroline's mug of coffee started floating, as well as other nearby items. Caroline noticed this after a few moments. "What?" "Dear, have you really not noticed that you are no longer holding your mug?" Caroline was confused for a few moments before looking at her hands, her eyes widened and she looked slightly panicked before the items fell.

Caroline looked down as Alma watched her. "You can make things float?" "Only light things, I never tried anything heavier than a table." "a table?" "don't ask." "Okay, are you going to go and eat breakfast?" Caroline let out a groan. "What is with you and making me eat?" Alma gave Caroline a glare which made the shorter woman shrink into herself slightly.

"i know you didn't sleep last night." "Oh, that." Alma let out a quiet sigh. "I don't blame you, I did experience your nightmare, it's a miracle I got to sleep at all." Caroline smiled. "You did something, didn't you?" "Maybe..." Caroline looked at Alma with a shit eating grin. "it's possible." "Caroline?" "If you must know, i-"

The doorbell rang.

"she's here!" "Emma, no shouting in the house!" Alma raised an eyebrow at Caroline. "What?" "Nothing, aren't you going to greet our guest." "of course, dear." Caroline lent up and kissed Alma's cheek quickly before turning her back to Alma and leaving the kitchen.

Alma opened her mouth slightly before smirking. "Hm, that woman. One moment shy and the next confident." Alma laughed quietly to herself before following Caroline out into the passage.

Caroline noticed Alma behind her and pulled her forward using her mind. "I'm as light as a table?" "Eh..." Alma have Caroline a playful tap on the shoulder to which she let out a small giggle.

Caroline opened the door to find Minera stood with a suitcase. "Carol." "Minnie." They gave each other a hug. "Carol? Minnie?" "Living together for as long we have, you have a few nicknames for each other." "Do you and Caroline have any for each other yet?" "Pretty peculiar." "Precious bird." Minera gave them each a smile.

"Now, it may be a lovely day, but I would like to actually enter the house." "of course." Alma and Caroline stepped to the side to allow Minera to enter the house.

"Where would you like me to put my suitcase?" Caroline spoke up. "You can leave it by the stairs and I'll take it up to your room while Alma introduces you to the children." Minerva followed her instruction and Caroline disappeared up the stairs.

"So, Alma, are you Caroline getting along well?" "Heh, something like that." Minerva flashed Alma the same grin Caroline had on her face earlier. Alma was struggling to figure out who had picked up who's habits. "My dear, you must tell." They heard noise from the dining room and Alma smiled. "Later." "Alright, let's meet these children of yours then."

Caroline was making her way up to the third floor when she suddenly stopped. She closed her eyes for a few moments before letting out a frustrated grunt. "you're late for breakfast, Hugh." "I wanted to make sure you're alright." "I am fine." "You don't look it." "it's none of your business." "Are you sure?" "Yes." "But are you really sure?" "I am." "but you don't look it!" "I said I'm fine!"

A loud thud was heard as Hugh fell to the floor followed by Minerva's suitcase. Caroline looked at the boy's face in horror before rushing onto her knees beside him and picking him up. "Shit! I've done it again!" Caroline picked up the boy's hand. "Come on! Wake up, please." Caroline sighed in relief when she heard the boy groan, at least he was still alive.

"Hugh, are you alright?" "Yeah, what happened?" "You fainted." "Oh okay, can you lay me down. My everything aches." Caroline laughed slightly at the small smile on the boy's face. "of course, dear." Caroline gently picked him up and made her way down the stairs, once she found his room, she placed him on the bed.

Before leaving the room Caroline hesitated, she quickly walked back over to the boy and gave him a quick kiss on the forehead. "Sweet dreams."
Before Caroline closed the door, she heard Hugh utter a quiet "thank you, Caroline."

Caroline smiled before making her way down the stairs and into the dining room where she was met with all eyes on her. "what's going on?" "Is Hugh alright?" Caroline's eyes grew wide, how could they have possibly known? "Yes, I've led him down in his bed." Alma sighed. "I am going to go and see him; would you like to come Minerva?" Minerva looked at Caroline and her panicked expression, she knew what had happened.

"Yes, but I think Caroline should as well." "But I was just up there and-" "it was not a request." Every froze at the sudden dark tone in Minerva's voice. "of course." "Good, now where is the boy's room?" The sweetness in her tone scared everyone.

They followed Alma through the house, Minera was watching Caroline the entire time. Caroline was looking at everything but Minerva. The painting looked lovely, the decoration on that particular door was simply exquisite, Alma's ass, this house has a lot of rooms, random cupboard, oh look there's Alma's ass again, another pretty door and those curtains look amazing.

They made it to Hugh and Horace's shared room after what felt like a heavy eternity. Alma opened the door and Minera grabbed onto Caroline's arm to make sure she wouldn't try to run off. Alma walked over to Hugh with tears in her eyes which made Caroline feel even worse.

Caroline could feel the anger radiating off of Alma as she looked at her. "What happened?" Caroline attempted to take a step back but Minera was in the way. "I um-" Caroline couldn't find the right words and her guilt was quickly Building. "Please, my child is unconscious and you were the only one there." "Yes Caroline, she deserves to know."

Caroline broke.

"I am so sorry Alma! I should have had better control! I know it's my fault! It won't happen again! I'll get sleep! I won't get mad!" Alma seemed shocked and Minera seemed upset. "Caroline, we both know that's not true." Both younger women turned toward Minerva. "you've done this before and you will do it again, I know you hate it when I have to give the tough treatment, but lies will only make things worse!"

Caroline sighed to herself before tears started to fall slowly down her cheeks. "I know, I thought I had better control. But obviously not!" "Will you two please explain what is going on?" Caroline and Minerva turned to Alma. "Alma, now is not-" "no, I have heard so many rumours about you! So many could be true! I'm starting to believe them now since one of my children is lying unconscious and you had something to do with it!"

Caroline looked to Minerva for reassurance. She just shook her head in return. "She deserves to know." Caroline sighed. "you're right, Alma are you willing to let me speak and ask questions and shout at me after I'm done talking and not during." Alma gave a slight nod of her head.

"Right, I believe its time you know what made the children of my old loop scared of me." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 4.9K 70
I watched as the blood seeped through the white fabric, staining her once white bridal gown. I cradled her in my arms while covering the gun shot wou...
6.4K 178 19
❥┊ the least you could do was just tell me a lie, she 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 and she's starting to cry. OR in which a grieving teen vis...
72.9K 936 20
Two words, okay maybe four or five. I will do Enoch Millard Horace Hugh Jacob/Jake Victor As well as any of the girls. I can do romance or just...
98 6 40
This is a story about a girl named Millie Sanchez, she is just getting out of college and decided to move to this house in Brooklyn NY. She lived the...