HIRAETH || CAROLINE FORBES

By adelinedownes

in which violet pearson, the siphoner hybrid with a mysterious past, falls completely and utterly in love wit... More

REWRITING
act one
playlist
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
act two
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
act three
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
a/n

THIRTY SIX

1.7K 47 3
By adelinedownes

Violet's wakes up to the feeling of the car stopping. Elsie is next to her reading a book, and Rebekah and Elena are in the front.

"Why are we stopping?" Rebekah asks, getting out of the car.

"We've searched three cities in the last 24 hours, I'm sick of Top 40 radio, and I smell like leather." Elena explains

"And that's my fault? You are the one who stole the list of Katherine's possible whereabouts, did you ever think that Damon had bad information?" Rebekah questions.

Elena looks around. "Have I mentioned I can't stand the sound of your voice?"

Rebekah: Too bad. We're not done. Get in, next town.

"Come on." Violet rolls her eyes, looking to Elsie. "I need to use the bathroom. I also need a break from Miss. Whiney over here."

"Okay." Elsie shrugs, equally glad to be rid of Elena if only for a few minutes.

"We will be back in a few minutes, I need to use the bathroom." Violet gets out of the car. "Elena, don't kill anyone. Rebekah, don't kill Elena."

*

When they return, the spot where Elena and Rebekah were is empty, and the car gone with it.

"That little shit." Violet shakes her head in annoyance. "Why?!" She tries to ring both Rebekah and Elena, but to no avail. She even tries ringing Katherine, but is equally unsuccessful.

After half an hour of sitting at the side of the road, a single text from Rebekah with an address and a couple directions is sent through.

"Oh wow, super helpful Rebekah, Jesus." She says sarcastically. "Thanks a lot."

Nevertheless, she follows the directions and ends up outside of a diner. When she enters, she finds Rebekah sitting next to Katherine and Elena sits opposite Katherine.

"Thank you, guys, for leaving us on the side of the road. That was a super fun experience!" She feigns a smile, taking a seat beside Elena as Elsie sits next to Katherine.

"Where's the cure?" Elena asks.

"What? No "I'm here to avenge my annoying little brother" speech?" Katherine rolls her eyes.

"People die. We move on." Elena shrugs, expressionless.

"After turning off our humanity switch." Katherine realises. "So sad for the boys, though. Their special snowflake of human frailty...gone. Well, if we're gonna be a while, I'm gonna go grab some menus."

Katherine starts to stand up but Rebekah stabs her hand with a fork, pinning it to the table. Katherine groans in pain and sits back down.

Violet snorts in amusement, earning a glare from Katherine. "I'm sorry, you deserved that one."

"Gee thanks." Katherine rolls her eyes, earning a sarcastic smile from her sister.

A waitress stops at the table, looking down at the knife in Katherine's hand in shock. "Oh, my god. What happened?"

They look up at her. No one says anything, so Elena kicks Katherine in the foot, and smiles up at the waitress.

Katherine sighs. "I'm fine, Jolene. You didn't see anything." She compels the waitress, who nods, smiles, and leaves.

"Every minute you two waste with your yapping is another minute we give Stefan and Damon to find us." Elena says.

Rebekah grabs Katherine by the chin with vampire speed. "Where's the cure?" She compels.

Katherine smirks. "I'm sorry, I'm on vervain."

"Let's torture it out of her!" Violet suggests cheerfully. "But only light torture. I don't want to hurt her."

"You literally make zero sense." Elena tells her, but Violet just shrugs in response.

"Why do you guys want it, anyway?" Katherine questions.

"I don't." Violet replies. "I'm just here for the ride."

"The question is, why do you want it? Let me guess, to kill Niklaus?" Rebekah says.

"I've spent the last five hundred years running from your big brother. Violet has spent them with him. Think of it as my revenge against Klaus." Katherine explains with a smirk.

"Katerina!" Violet snaps. "Are you stupid? He's gonna take away your freedom if you do that."

"Not if he's dead."

Elena sighs loudly. "Oh, you poor victim. Where's the part in your plan where you screw us over and somebody dies?"

"I have no reason to screw you over."

Rebekah laughs.

"I know you don't believe me, but it is the truth. People change. I'm not the girl you think I am." Katherine says.

Rebekah laughs again, Elena sighs. Rebekah aggressively searches Katherine's pockets with vampire speed.

"I don't have it on me." Katherine says, looking at Rebekah like she's an idiot. Rebekah throws Katherine's phone to Violet.

"I didn't think you did. But I'm sure there's something in that, that can help us find it." Rebekah nods to the phone.

"I need a passcode." Violet looks down. "What is it?" She asks.

Katherine rolls her eyes. "Well obviously I am not going to tell-."

"-Got it." Violet cuts her off. Katherine watches worriedly as Violet searches through the phone. She doesn't find anything to begin with, but just as she begins to hand the phone back she finds a note for an appointment at 2PM that says "meet em".

"Who's "em"?"

Katherine struggles to find words. "... A friend." She finally says.

"It says here you're meeting at two." Violet explains.

Katherine sighs, looks nervous.

"I guess I'll just have to meet "em" myself." Elena smiles at Rebekah and she smiles back.

*

Twenty minutes later, Elena comes out of the restroom, closing a makeup compact, and returns to the table where the others are sitting.

Elena throws her bag onto the seat and sits down. "What do you think?" She questions.

"Hmm, it's close. Not quite slutty enough. I think you need more eyeliner." Rebekah suggests

Katherine does not look amused, but Elena laughs. Elsie doesn't react and Violet just shrugs

"I'm gonna need your clothes." Elena tells Katherine.

"Yeah, that's gonna happen." Katherine says sarcastically.

"Fine. Your bracelet, watch, earrings. Hand them over." Elena pulls the fork out of Katherine's hand. Katherine starts taking off her jewelry and puts them on the table.

"And your other bracelet."

"That's my daylight bracelet. It's daytime outside. I'm gonna need it. Besides, it's not gonna work on you."

"Fine." Elena gives in. "But I really am gonna need that jacket, though."

"You know what?" Violet suddenly stands up. "This is painful to watch. I'm going to go an order a milkshake. Don't kill each other in the time i'm gone."

Elsie follows suit. "I'm going too."

*

Much to their inconvenience, they were in the middle of cleaning the ice-cream machine and had to wait for them to finish. And then to make matters worse. they ran out of the flavour Elsie wanted and it was a whole ordeal.

After drinking their milkshakes on another table, the two return back to Katherine and Rebekah, where the latter is eating dessert.

Katherine reaches for something on the table but Rebekah grabs her hand and starts crushing the bones in her arm. Stefan and Damon appear out of seemingly nowhere, and reach the table at the same time as Elsie and Violet.

"Ladies, playing nice?" Stefan asks

Damon sits down on the bench across from them, amused. Rebekah releases Katherine.

"There goes the neighborhood." Katherine rolls her eyes

"I see you got Katherine already. You're losing your touch, evil one." He directs the last part to Katherine.

They all stare at each other in silence for a minute, until Stefan talks. "Where's Elena?"

*

A/N: Hi guys I know that chapter ended abruptly but that's where the scene ends so idk lol.

anyway i'm so sorry for not updating sooner! basically: life happened, motivation didn't, and it ended up taking me so long to write this. but don't worry, i haven't given up on this story!

i've also been re-writing this book which has taken up some of my time too. i've done the first six or seven chapters.

okay that's enough from me- i hope you have an amazing day and thank you all so, so much for your support on here 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 4.6K 46
*BOOK ONE OF THE 'TIL SERIES* In which Briana Forbes is full of life, but didn't know what it felt like to truly be alive until the big, bad immortal...
356K 11.2K 71
Madeline Sage Saltzman, a vampire hunter and adoptive daughter of Alaric Saltzman, did not know what was in store for her when she entered Mystic Fal...
197K 5.2K 74
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒈𝒊𝒍𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒕 "𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯" 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒏 𝒖𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕...
21.2K 924 24
"'𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨...