The Third Brother

By tvdnicole

What if Damon and Stefan had a younger brother?... Meet the brother who has a charm and attitude like his old... More

Brother reunion
So (not) cool
Im here to stay
Missing your sibling
Qetsiyah
Secretive
Dont tell
Pretty sleeper
If you mean it
Struck
What is love?
Facing reality part 1
Facing Reality Part 2
Humanity part 1
Humanity part two
Christmas loss
The last dagger
No hope
Ready to run
Where? What? Why?
No sign of weakness
No care in the world
High and low
Trust
Changed
Mistakes
Wedding bells
The opened gates
Familiar Faces
Planning failures
Vampire and human
Refound
Reborn part 1
Reborn part 2
Do you remember?
Youll continue to suffer
Because he is my brother.
We can overcome this (part 1)
We can overcome this (part 2)
Alot to learn
Time.
Hearts will remember
Wait.
Go to hell.
Goodbye, Brother.
Epilogue

Two brothers.

1.5K 28 7
By tvdnicole

"Damon... Damon it's okay" Stefan said calmly as he gently shook his older brother. "Elena, what happened?"

"I... I don't know, he just started holding his head and then..." She tried to piece her words together whilst holding tightly on to her husbands hand.

"His pulse is okay" Stefan confirmed before lifting his brother up and getting him comfortably on the soft bed.

"He's ... he's going to be okay?" Elena asked with a hopeful voice, taking her place next to Damon.

"We will keep an eye on him... he's just transitioned from an almost two hundred year old vampire to... a twenty four year human..." The Salvatore explained.

"Someone! It's Leo!" Bonnie appeared at the entrance of the bedroom, "He... he collapsed... I don't know what's going on!"

"Elena stay with Damon, okay? Tell us if he moves or wakes up" Stefan told her before rushing to find his younger brother. "What the hell is happening?" He asked mostly to himself.

"Is he okay?" Caroline looked at Stefan with wide eyes, unsure on what was happening around them.

"He's okay" He confirmed. "Somethings going on... I don't know why both Damon and Leo have..."

"They're linked." Bonnie spoke. "But how?"

"That's what we need to find out. Or... it's natural... has any of Leos memories came back?" Caroline asked.

"Actually" Bonnie began, "Yes... we ... we kissed and he looked dazed and then..." Her gaze fell on to the unconscious Salvatore.

"Damons transitioning from a vampire... to a human..." Stefan pieced, "Maybe it's a coincidence"

"Well we can keep a close eye on this" Bonnie confirmed with the two other people in the room.
—————————————————
DAMONS POV
I felt as though my heart had stopped, but I knew I was alive. All I could see was dark walls, thick fog and gloominess.

"Where the hell am I?" I said to myself.

I began to take steps around the cold room that I was in until I managed to seek out an exit. Hesitantly, I moved the rusty door knob until the door opened with a screeching creek.

Step by step I began exploring this horror house. I mean... sure I've seen it worse... but this... this was weird.

"Hello!?" I heard a familiar voice, making me jump. Now I know I'm not alone. "Damon! Damon is that you?" I heard again before my youngest brother appeared through the mist.

"Leo..." I managed to say before pulling him in for a hug. "What the hell are you doing here? Where are we?"

"You're in my world." A new voice spoke and out walked a black caped figure, with a hunched over back.

"Would you like to introduce yourself?" I furrowed my brows.

"My name is Mantus" The identity hidden man said with a cold tone. "My brother, you may have heard of him..."

"Please don't tell me you're another Mikaelson..." I sighed.

"You know who the Devil is, right?" Mantus questioned, "Lucifer is his name, my brother"

Leo and I looked at each other before he sniggered , "you mean to tell me your big bro is the devil himself?"

Suddenly lightening and fire arose around us, making both me and my brother realise... maybe this guy might be the real deal.

"Lucifer and myself weren't always so gloomed" He began, "We loved each other very much until he betrayed the big man upstairs and look where we are now..." His body stayed still. "My brother and I were split up, he's the devil and I'm the lord of this underworld. However... I've been watching the two of you..."

"What about Stefan?" Leo raised a brow.

"He would serve no purpose to me, the three of you brothers hold a great bond, however you two in particular have something... a strong bond that I have not seen in a very... very long time..." Mantus explained.

"Are you going to get to the point to why we're here?" Leo grew impatient.

"Yes, I am..." The hooded figure began again, "I need a soul that will feel true heartbreak to become a leader down here with me, to feed me souls that are evil, or have had an unfortunate turn. I need one of you two."

"Why us two?" I asked in disgust.

"Myself and Lucifer once had a bond like the two of you, until we were ripped apart. I'm only doing the same ... you two were just the lucky ones I decided to pick."

"Well pick someone else..." Leo spat.

"Both of your souls are similar, you hold the same fire in your eyes, you two have been connected your whole life. You two are the perfect fit." Mantus told us. "But... I have been very generous... and you'll be happy to know that one of you can return to your life."

"So we have to decide who lives and who..." Leo paused. "Hell no, find someone else who's willing. I'm not leaving my life, and I'm not letting Damon leave his either."

Suddenly the arm of the caped man moved and Leo fell to the floor, holding his throat and unable to breath.

"Knock it off!" I bellowed, crouching to help my brother.

"You have two hours to decide who will be staying and who will be going." Mantus said before disappearing.

What the hell do we do...
—————————————————
BONNIES POV
"You loved it when we went camping that night..." I smiled , holding Leos hand as I recited some of our memories.
I stared at his shut eyes, praying for the blue orbs to appear.
"You have no idea how scared I am..."

"It's just me.." I suddenly heard with a knock and in walked Elena. "Damons still out cold too."

"It's killing me ... waiting for them to wake up." I sighed, squeezing my loves hand. "I just want this to be over, I hate waiting."

"So do I..." Elena sat beside me. "You know what though, I bet Damon and Leo are laughing at us right now... telling us not to be scared."

"You're probably right." I chuckled, still not taking my eyes off the Salvatore lay in front of me. "I just want him to wake up..."

"He will..." Elenas hand touched my shoulder. "He'd never leave you... and neither would Damon with me."
—————————————————
LEOS POV
"When you go back... I want you to tell Elena..." Damon started.

"What the hell?" I furrowed my brows, "I'm not letting you stay here Damon."

"Tough." He shrugged, "Leo, I lost you once, I'm not doing it again, live your life with Bonnie, take the cure from my body and..."

"No way" I shook my head, "I'm not letting you do this"

My brothers hand moved to my shoulder, "I love you Leo, you're my little brother, and it's time for me to be that big brother I once was, I can't let you die for me..."

"Damon... no" I shook my head, tears forming in my eyes, "you've just became human, to live your life with Elena, you can't die for me... no"

"Listen, you didn't see a lot of it, but I've done some bad things, really bad things..." Damon began.

"We all have Damon!" I shouted, "We've all made mistakes"

My brother stayed silent.

"I can't just let you die for me... I just can't." I said, before pulling my brother in for a tight hug, I can't lose him. "I can't live without you Damon."

"I won't let you die for me Leo, I can't live, knowing you died for me!" He spoke close to my ear so I heard every word clearly. "Have kids with Bonnie, have your human life, be the uncle to Stefan and Barbies children... look after Elena and make sure she's happy..."

"No no no..." I repeated, a tear rolling down my cheek, "it all means nothing without you!"

"It'll be okay, I promise" My brother heald both my shoulders, "let me do this for you..."

AUTHORS NOTE
HELLOOOO! I'm back!
Yes I know this chapter is small. But I just wanted to be able to update with something for everyone so you don't forget about this story.

Yes! This book is coming towards the end, however I want to say how grateful I am to everyone who has stuck by it... there's going to be a few more chapters and there's going to be alot of heartbreak. Just like the show.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.8K 1.3K 12
Graciela Salvatore is the younger sister to Damon, and the twin sister to Stefan. Graciela spent her life running away from love, but instead fell in...
18.4K 432 5
in which the youngest mikaelson vampire gets undaggered and catches the attention of the salvatore brothers.
258K 7.3K 59
Matthias Mikaelson was a faceless man in the Mikaelson family, no one had ever seen his face aside from family and his best friend Katherine Pierce...
621K 15K 102
Aliza Miranda Gilbert. She's the middle child. Her life changes when her father, the only who person didn't treat her differently, dies. Aliza not o...