Shape Unsheltered

By Shevongarraway

READ! READ! SHAPE UNSPOKEN TO BETTER UNDERSTAND SHAPE UNSHELTERED. "CAN ALSO BE A STAND-ALONE BOOK" (#3 OF TH... More

Authors note
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER -1-
CHAPTER -2-
CHAPTER -3-
CHAPTER - 4 -
CHAPTER -5-
CHAPTER -6-
CHAPTER-7-
CHAPTER -8-
CHAPTER -9-
CHAPTER -10-
CHAPTER -11-
CHAPTER -12-
CHAPTER -13-
CHAPTER-14-
CHAPTER -15-
CHAPTER -16-
CHAPTER -17-
CHAPTER -18-
CHAPTER -19-
CHAPTER -20-
CHAPTER -21-
CHAPTER -22-
CHAPTER -23-
CHAPTER -24-
CHAPTER -25-
CHAPTER -26-
CHAPTER -27-
CHAPTER -28-
CHAPTER -29-
CHAPTER -30-
CHAPTER -31-
CHAPTERS -32-
CHAPTER -33-
CHAPTER -35-
CHAPTER -36-
CHAPTER -37-
CHAPTER -38-
CHAPTER -39-
CHAPTER -40-
CHAPTER -41-
CHAPTER -42-
CHAPTER -43-
CHAPTER -44-
Chapter -45-
CHAPTER -46-
CHAPTER -47-
CHAPTER -48-
CHAPTER -49-
CHAPTER -50-
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER -34-

111 13 22
By Shevongarraway

HAPPY READING 🥰

Cindy Washington

Mine blowing emotions I've never felt in my life but heard and read about them once or twice in fairy tales and movies, DeMarcus has me feeling them and I swear they feel so nice. Feelings sweet, sweet feelings, I shiver in my seat. I feel so alive, every intimate moment with him is of another level. I think this is even better than a magical carpet ride and it is definitely a whole new world with indescribable feelings.

DeMarcus and I stayed up talking until the wee hours of the morning and he explained his business with Mrs Roger and I had to admit my jealous rant. He has opened me to emotions I can't even describe only feel. He leaves me calling no begging craving for more and I'm open upwards, sideways, over and under emotionally.

Sometimes, I think it too good to be true a man like him with a woman like me. All he does is reassures me about life, myself and the future. I know I deserve it but I keep doubting and overthinking myself and everything. He told me to feel let go and feel but my head needs a little more convincing because my heart is sold and I don't know how much I want to rely on it. Even though my heart always has the last say.

I sit in my office trying to will my mind to concentrate on the report I have in hand. I start reading and my mind gets away from me every time. I read the second paragraph about seven times still can't figure out what I read.

The new year is fastly approaching and work has slowed its pace to end the year. Christmas was much much more of a rush and had me busier than a buzzing bee but I enjoyed every moment of it. I honestly love every minute of working here. I've improved my knowledge and gain the experience I was dreaming of.

The phone rings and takes me out of my over-processing, reminiscing mind. I know it's my secretary line and I quickly pick it up. "Ma'am you have sir Prada on line two."

"Do I have a meeting with him?"

"Nothing is scheduled but this is his third call."

"Ok, Allison put him through."

I see the line blinking and I switch lines "good afternoon sir Prada, to what do I own the pleasure."

"Mademoiselle Washington The pleasure is all mine. You've been a busy woman, I was trying to reach you." His thick Italian accent reaches my ears and I smile I haven't seen him since his party.

"Sorry, sir the Christmas rush is responsible."

"Ah" he laughs "that is exactly the type of commitment I'm looking for."

"What do you mean sir."

"I was hoping for a sit-down, I have an offer for you."

"What kind of an offer."

"Can I take you to an early dinner and we can discuss it."

"Not a problem, when and where."

"How about Italian. There is this Italian restaurant on Coros Buenos Aires street." I know that restaurants DeMarcus took me there the night he returned from his Seattle trip. It's one of the busiest streets here in Milan.

"I'm familiar with it sir."

"Good, I will meet you there in an hour. Just give them my name."

"Ok, Sir." I hand up, I forget since the night of his party he wanted to talk to me about an offer. I never get back to him because I'm comfortable here at kindle but it wouldn't hurt to listen to his offer since it might be here in Milan. I can choose if he offers me a much better position than the one I'm currently holding. I don't want to give up my column here but if his offer is one I can't resist then I can weigh my options. I just have to wait to see how things progress.

I check my wristwatch, it's 3:45 pm and I can take an early day today. I can work on this file at home since I didn't get to do anything on it in the past two to three hours.

I buzz the intercom for Allison she hurries into my office. "Do I have anything before five?" I ask.

"No ma'am you're free."

"Ok I have a meeting with sir Prada, please pencil it in today's activity. I will be leaving in twenty minutes."

"Ok ma'am anything else before you leave."

"No, you can leave for the rest of the day as well, after you complete your task."

"Ma'am"

"Yes, Allison" I look up at her and see her looking nervous. Ever since she became my secretary I noticed she is a timid nervous wreck of anxiety. I think she's afraid of me or maybe it's this big establishment. she wearily keeps eye contact and shakes when she speaks.

I'm as polite as I can be to her and try to put her at ease but to date, it hasn't helped.

"I was hoping to get the day off tomorrow."

"Why, what's tomorrow?"

"Ma....Ma'am" she stutters.

I get up going in front of her, "I will not eat you, Allison. Please tell me" I say chuckling.

She straightens her posture and I know she is trying to put up a front. She takes a deep breath "I have a doctors appointment tomorrow ma'am."

"Oh OK, it's no problem Allison you can have the day just email my schedule for tomorrow and I should be fine."

"You sure ma'am."

"Yes I'm sure, now get on with it so you can have an early today."

She hugs me and it takes me a few seconds to process it. "You're the coolest," she says walking out. I smile shaking my head.

I walk back around my desk putting my laptop in my bag. A knock on my door made me turn around.

"You leaving," says Mrs Danrad.

"Yes, ma'am I have a meeting with sir Prada."

"You do, I wasn't aware."

"Yes, new info, just a few minutes ago."

"Ok, don't let me keep you."

"It's ok, come sit. Is it important," I ask.

"I came to personally give you the good news, although this wasn't going to be announced until our Christmas party."

I smile "what good news."

"The numbers are in and they are incredible. I hate to admit it but you run this department better than I did."

"Let me see then I can decide." She hands over the folder in her hand, as soon as I open it my eyes pop. Every pick this mouth is sold out in paperback and one hundred per cent online. "This is crazy, is this real."

"Very real, we will thoroughly celebrate at the Christmas party. One thing though, don't announce this to your staff as yet it will all be shared at the party."

I sit in shock, I expected to do well but I wasn't expecting this. "Take a moment to breathe Cindy soak it all in. you've worked hard with your staff and it paid off. There is so much coming your way be prepared for it."

I nod, I am speechless.

"Go to your meeting and tomorrow we will take your employee of the month photo."

"I'm what," I say. "employees of the month, the new strategy and guidelines you enforce made these results possible."

My eyes moisten now this is not how I saw this day ending. "Go on, you don't want to be late" Mrs Danrad say walking out of my office. I get up closing my door and the tear finally slip out of my eyes.

Now I'm full-on crying and I can't even explain how choked up I am. I don't know if it's happy tears, accomplishment tears, satisfaction tears or appreciation but I ball my eyes out sitting at my desk.

It takes me a few minutes to regain myself. I sniffle wiping my face. I pick up my phone calling DeMarcus.

"Mio ragazza" he answers.

"De, you're the first person I thought to call."

"What's wrong baby," he says after hearing my voice.

"Nothings wrong, everything is good. I just wanted to hear your voice."

"I know you couldn't resist."

I giggle "still full of yourself sir."

He chuckles "you sure you alright baby."

"Yes, I'm good, I have dinner with sir Prada in a few minutes."

"Should I be worried?" he says chuckling.

"Hmm, I would be if I were you," I say laughing.

"You are aware of what you have at home. I don't need to remind you."

"Yes I do, I do sir," I say and he chuckles.

"Will you be home early tonight," I ask.

"Yes, I was just about to leave, I was coming to get you. Didn't know you had plans."

"I will drive over after dinner."

"Where are you dining, I will have Mathew pick you up after dinner."

I told him where I'm going and we talk for a few more minutes before I hang up. I sit back life is perfect. Before I can drive myself crazy I get up, clean my face and walk out of my office with my bag in hand.

I walk to the parking lot, get in my car and drive off with the security detail DeMarcus has following me. I pull up in front of the restaurant I retouch my makeup and hand my keys over to the valet.

I walk into the restaurant and give sir Prada name to the hostess. She then escorts me to my table.

Sir Prada and I greet each other before taking my seat.

"I was beginning to think you weren't going to make it."

"Sir, I'm sorry for the delay something came up last minute I had to attend to it."

He signals the waiter and we place our order of food and drinks.

"Well let cut to the chase, I'm going global with the new line and I'm venturing out into the printing world."

"That sounds great sir, congratulations."

"That's not the greatest part."

"What is then sir."

"I want you."

"What does that mean."

"It means miss Washington, I want you as chief editor. Nothing leaves the office without going through you first."

"Why me sir."

"I've been following your work and I'm impressed with what I see. I want your level of commitment and dedication."

"What do I get in return, sir."

"For starters this...." he hands me a piece of paper with a figure on it. I wanted to jump on the table and dance for him but I had to act professionally.

"And once everything gets on the way you will have total access over what does and does not come out of Prada prints."

"What about my column."

"Twice a month release and you will be compensated differently from your editing profile."

"Are you going to be my boss?"

"No, my eldest daughter."

"I see"

"Would that be a problem?"

"No, no problem."

"I'm ready to reward you handsomely for the switch as well."

"This is a lot to take in sir, how about I think it over and I can get back to you."

"Not a problem. Take your time."

"Ok Sir" we begin to eat as he told me about the company he is buying out and renaming it Prada prints. He further talks about it being in New York and how his daughter will lead the team.

I listen intently and asks all the questions I had at the moment and now it's time to make my decision.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.2K 3K 89
| WATTPAD INDIA AWARDS 2021 SHORTLIST | Like a moth to the flame, Amy finds herself drowning in Jake's chaos, and it doesn't even make sense how she'...
93.7K 4.2K 54
Ayn is a witch with healing powers. Shapeshifters have killed her parents and the only animals she cannot speak with are wolves. When she graduates...
48.4K 1.1K 31
"'Jason!', I moaned out. I could feel his member twitch inside of me as he let out a shaky breath. I always knew the effect my moans had on him. Our...
48.8K 2.4K 28
There is a secret that hasn't been told to her. There is a part of her that she has no idea existed. Who she is, is not something that she had expect...