La Reina Mafiosa

By SQ4lifeCL

She was stolen as a child. Now 20 years later she's a married woman to her wife Ruby Lucas. Both trying to bu... More

Intro Please Read!
Characters!
Characters! 2
Ch.1
Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch.15
Ch.16

Ch.14

318 14 2
By SQ4lifeCL

-The Hospital-

Unknown POV

It was late in the night. I made sure that no one was around and slipped into the dark hospital room.

The sound of running water came from behind the bathroom door. Giving me the advantage to spend a few more extra minutes with my спящая красавица. (sleeping beauty)

Even if she did look sickly pale, she still looked beautiful as ever. Her small frame seemed to glow like the night sky that seeped through the window, showering her with its light.

I take her hand in mine, inwardly cringing at how cold her skin is. I hesitantly raised my other hand to stroke the left side of her cheek.

A strange overwhelming feeling crept up on me and sat heavily on my chest. I intake a deep amount of air trying to compose my exhilarating heartbeat.

"This wasn't supposed to be our first meeting. I wasn't supposed to meet you here lying lifeless. Almost lifeless. So still, it's fucking terrifying. Having to hear a god damn machine tell me your living or dying. I had made a promise to myself and to you, I would protect you and I failed." I placed her hand on my beating heart.

"But I promise you this, I'm going to try harder. I'm going to find whoever did this to you, мой сладкий цветок. I will make them pay with every once of their blood. I will make them beg at my feet for mercy. I will make them scream for death while I bask in their suffering. Since the moment I saw you, you've infected my heart and mind like a plague. Making your way into the deep crevices of me that I never knew existed. You may not know me now but there will be a time and a place where all our secrets will unfold. Were mine will unfold. I won't ever stop fighting for you. We will have the future we were always meant to have. Together." (My sweet flower)

I gently let go of her hand. I pull out a white rose from my suit jacket, kissed it lightly, and placed it on the nightstand next to her. The sound of running water ceased telling me it was time to go.

"I'm so sorry, мой сладкий цветок." (My sweet flower)

I carefully leaned over, connecting my lips to her plump ones.

"Скоро увидимся." (I'll see you soon)

I hurried to the door, silently leaving the building.

Ruby POV

After a much-needed shower, I quickly got dressed not bearing another second away from my Reina. Wrapping my damp hair in a messy bun, I take a glance at myself in the mirror.

My eyes were bloodshot red, puffy with disgusting bags underneath. Purple hues from lack of sleep and the constant crying. Until she's awake, safely tucked in my arms, I won't.

I won't sleep till I see her eyes are open, full of life. I won't stop crying to see her beautiful smile, to hear her angelic voice, to hear her say my name, to hear her say those three little words that mean so much.

I removed the uncomfortable scratchy hospital blanket from around her waist, replacing it with her favorite silk one.

I sat at what has become my usual spot, at her side, enterlacing my fingers with hers.

"I'm back. Finally took that shower, hope I didn't take too long. It got pretty lonely." Playing with her raven hair I gave a humorless laugh.

Tears pricked my eyes once again at the no response. I let out a shaky breath.

"It's been a week, I miss you. How many times do I have to say it for you to come back to me?" My voice was croaking at this point.

"G-Granny is worried. She's been stopping by every day and your... parents miss you too, so please wake up."

I stared intently at her face looking for any sign of movement, a twitch, a sound, anything but there was nothing. This only made me sob harder.

The constant beeping frustrating the shit out of me, mocking me as if it were able to control her life...or her death. That's all I ever got since we brought her here.

(Flashback)

"REINA!"

I watched in horror as she was about to hit the hard ground. Before she could I caught her and held onto her for dear life.

I gently settled us on the concrete floor, her blood leaking out like a stream to a lake. The blood staining our clothes, my hands covered from switching putting pressure between her abdomen and under her left breast.

"Baby, baby, baby. You listen to me ok, you hang on in there." She looked so lost so helpless.

"REINA! BABY! CAN YOU HEAR ME!"

"Reina Mija! everything going to be ok. You cant leave! we just found you I just got you back! Help is on the way!" Regina wept. Stupid bitch this was all her fault.

She tried to touch my Reina only for me to yell at her.

"NO! DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING TOUCH HER! THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU!"

I felt my love's hand on my cheek and the other on the one putting pressure. She squeezed. My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach, my breath caught in my throat.

"I love you my r-red k-knight" She smiled her gorgeous smile, possibly the last time.

I watched her eyes shut as her body went limp in my arms. Everything inside of me broke.

"NO NO NO NO YOU PROMISED YOU WOULDNT LEAVE ME!"

I frantically shook her shoulders, repeatedly screaming her name. Rocking her now unmoving body close to me. I placed my ear to her chest holding onto the last shred of hope I had left, that she was going to make it.

I listened for a heartbeat, there was none. A piercing scream ripped from my throat.

"NO DONT LEAVE ME ALONE not you too. Come back I still need you."

Adrenaline ran through me, I placed her flat on the ground and started with compressions.

"1,2,3, come on fucking breathe" I rotated from giving compressions and mouth to mouth.

This cycle seemed never-ending push, mouth, listen, repeat.

"Ruby! STOP SHE'S GONE" My head snapped to Emma as she was comforting Regina who happened to be staring at me in defeat.

"It's been twenty minutes"

I looked back at my wife, her face still, no movement, no sound, no rise or fall to her chest.

This is it, there would be no more Reina and Ruby. I'd have to sleep and wake up alone, continue to live life as if you were never there. Only to have everything remind me of you. That is a world I refuse to live in, there's no me without you, my love.

I pressed one final kiss to the lips that would no longer kiss me back.

Mourning tears running down my face.

"Thank you for the happiest years of my life. I love you, I'll see you soon"

As if some stupid fucked up miracle. She let out a gasp and started coughing up the thick red liquid that was in her lungs.

Just in time, the fucking ambulance showed up.

"Reina, help is here just keep fighting your gonna be ok, you have to be." I checked for a pulse, it was there but faint.

My attention was brought to people shouting. Regina and Emma were cursing at the two paramedics, Regina using more than one language.

"TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH DUMB MOTHER FUCKERS!"

"PINCHES HUEVONES NO LOS PAGO PA SENTARSE Y SER GUEY. FARÒ IN MODO CHE NESSUN OSPEDALE SIA MAI PIÙ ALTO DI NESSUNO DI VOI" (Lazzy asses I don't pay you to sit down and be stupid, I'll make sure that no other hospital will higher either of you again)

I let them place her on the stretcher, the three of us trailing behind them to the ambulance. As I was about to get in one idiot boy stopped me.

"Only the Don's are allowed in here."

I don't have time for this shit, my wife is DYING. I yanked him by his ugly ass uniform getting real close to his face.

"I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK WHO'S ALLOWED IN HERE THAT'S MY WIFE IN THERE. SO YOUR GONNA LET ME IN OR I'M GONNA HIJACK THIS SHIT AND DRIVE IT MYSELF." I was fuming.

"It's alright, let her in. we'll meet you at the hospital"

I threw him back aggressively and nodded towards them.

"You heard her what the fuck are you waiting for!"

We were zooming through the streets, the siren loud telling the people to get the fuck out the way. I saw through the back window, Regina's car following behind us. Also, three black SUVs were in pursuit as well, one of the paramedics must have noticed my panicked reaction.

"It's ok. Just security for la Reina" (The Queen)

I settled down some. Double analyzing everything they did to keep my Reina breathing. Accepting that she was ok for now I began messing with her blood-soaked hair. Content with her breathing, even if was with help of an oxygen mask.

"She's lucky."

"What?"

It was the same little shithead I shoved that opened his big mouth.

"I can see the love in your eyes when you look at her. She's lucky." His partner nodded in agreement.

"No. She's not." I gave a small smile not looking up.

"I'm the lucky one. She could have anyone that her heart desired yet she chose to be stuck with me."

I caressed her red-stained cheek lovingly. Placing a tender kiss at her temple.

"But I do know if she were conscious, she'd say the complete opposite, that we were lucky for each other. Destined."

(Present)

A hand is placed on my shoulder bringing me out of my thoughts. It was Regina followed by Emma both looking extremely exhausted, almost zombie-like.

They'd been staying here at the hospital with me. Only leaving to do whatever the hell is that they do and bring food, though I rarely ate.

"Hey, sorry didn't mean to scare you" 

I scoffed.

"How is she doing?"

"Same as before." 

She released a heavy sigh taking a seat on the other side of Reina. Emma sitting at the foot of the bed, massaging my love's covered feet.

"You showered." 

I eternally rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Emma I take showers...I didn't want the first thing she see's is me covered in her blood." The atmosphere around us became grimmer. Making it silent for a while.

"The last time we had stepped foot into a hospital was when I was giving birth to Reina. One of the most rememberable days of our lives." 

Emma hummed at the memory.

"Yes. I remember, you almost took off my hand"

Regina threw a wink at her lover.

"Our entire family busted through the door, all were ecstatic for her arrival. My father and Emma's competing, more like betting who would turn out to be her favorite grandfather." 

I smiled, imagining two grown older men fighting over a baby.

A tear trickled down her face and for the first time since I'd met her, I felt...sorry for her. Not out of pity but for a woman that didn't have the opportunity to raise her child just like my mother.

"We had so many plans, memories we wanted to create with her. Ones that she could hold onto forever, to share but we never got the chance. When she was taken from us I still remember the loss of her gone, the guilt for not being able to protect her as a mother should, and the fear of her never returning or worse. No parent should ever have to go through that, I wouldn't wish it on anyone." She placed her hands on my wife's, tracing her delicate skin."

"Back then I never would have imagined that we would miss everything in her life. Only to find her again and have her taken away from us once more, not having the honor to call either of us mom" Emma interjected, lips quivering as she tried to hold in her cry and maintain a straight face.

Emma had moved next to her wife, comforting each other. The scene made me miss my baby girl more if that was even possible.

I never noticed before how similar they are to my wife and me. The way they hold each other, the protectiveness, the passiveness, the love, the bond that makes them one. Although I'd never admitted to it out loud. I tear away from looking at such an intimate moment, the pain in my heart increasing.

"I'm so sorry Mija, I promise to you, when you wake up that I will do everything in my power to be the best mother you can ever ask for. Me and your mother because we love you so much, we have always loved you and always will. So please come back and give us a chance to prove it to you."

"She won't forgive you." Their heads shot up so quickly, looking like a kicked puppy.

"She won't forgive you because there's nothing to forgive. She knows your good, both of you hell that's all she's been trying to prove to me. Plus if she didn't think so she wouldn't have...sacrificed herself either. What happened in the past was out of your control."

"Thank you, Ruby...I'm so sorry. For the horrible things, I've said and done since we got here. You've proven many times to be fit for our Mijita I'm glad she chose...you to make a life with." (Daughter)

"I...too...am...sorry. I'm also somewhat glad she...married...you and not some fucking idiot that I would have to...make disappear."

I stared at them in bewilderment. Did they just really apologize? What the fuck?

"Erm...thanks I guess." I mustered a small smile to them.

"Are you not going to apologize?" Emma questioned.

"Nope," I answered popping the p.

We all gave a low laugh, the tension between the three of us slowly lifting.

I felt pressure in my hand. Looking down I see Reina gripping my hand, I squeezed once to make sure I wasn't imagining it. She squeezed back. My eyes widened at the realization, my sight connected with Regina to have the same reaction. Emma jumped out of her chair and with great haste ran to go get help.

I smiled down at my sleeping beauty.

"She came back to us."

***

Hi, guys I wanted to say thank you readers for getting my book over 1k views I love you all so much!!! Hope you peeps enjoyed this chapter. I totally cried while writing this.

What do you guys think of Mr. Unknown? Who do you think shot at Reina? What do you peeps think of the relationship between Ruby, Emma, and Regina? 

Please vote and comment I'd like to see your thoughts.

Till next time 

-A

EVERYONE MEET MR.UNKNOWN!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 27.8K 15
MY Creditor Side Story ပါ။ Parallel Universe သဘောမျိုးပြန်ပြီး Creation လုပ်ထားတာမို့ main story နဲ့ မသက်ဆိုင်ပဲ အရင် character ကို ရသအသစ် တစ်မျိုးနဲ...
155K 17.4K 48
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. 🔥❤️ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...
2.1M 125K 44
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
2.8M 36.5K 12
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...